(PRE-MEETING DISCUSSION) T qan> it's hard to get us all together in one place, bottom line. so we might have to do some fancy dancing T Shaddowkni> lowering amount needed for quorum? T qan> are you guys prepared to run the meeting and try to ratify any motions passed outside of the meeting? does anyone have an objection to that? T Reckful> welcum T qan> we could also lower quorum, yeah. is not on the agenda, but we could change it T sleepyjoe> voting by message or email or forum, something like that qan? T Left_Eye> hi reck T qan> ahh, nice, thanks reck T Zizzo> im going to leave now, twdt draft starting early T Reckful> was busy with something so was delayed :< T qan> zizzo, will PM you for vote T Zizzo> k T Demonic> ok im down to 20mins before i need to go pick up kids, we nearly ready to go? T qan> sleepy: more like, vote in the meeting, all who can show up. but allow those who didn't show up to vote outside of it. just on the main motions, though T qan> qan> are you guys prepared to run the meeting and try to ratify any motions passed outside of the meeting? does anyone have an objection to that? T qan> still don't have quorum T Shaddowkni> i'm fine with it T Demonic> no objection T Left_Eye> fine with it T qan> basically, speak if you object -- else we'll go for it T qan> if we have disruptive people we're all going to need to go in-game so we can lock spectators from speaking in blue. but looks ok for now T Shaddowkni> couldnt we all just get on a private freq as well? T qan> well, whatever we say needs to be in public, so people can still see it T Left_Eye> that doesn't work when qan wants to make this public T Shaddowkni> k *** (MEETING BEGINS) *** T qan> OK then. I'm going to bring the meeting to order -- remember, o/ to raise your hand. you don't need to raise your hand if you have a question about what the person is saying (say point of info) or about procedure T qan> (point of procedure). but otherwise, do not interrupt T qan> (as a basic rule) qan> I call this meeting to order (ROLL CALL) qan> first item: roll call qan> please indicate you're not afk :) Beasty> o/ Shaddowkni> . Reckful> . sleepyjoe> o/ Left_Eye> . ThePAP> o/ Demonic> . qan> . qan> we have 8, including 1 representative from the player side. this means we do not meet quorum. this meeting will not be legal qan> we will have to ratify afterward (SUMMARY OF LAST MEETING'S MINUTES) qan> next item of business: last meeting's minutes qan> we attempted to get quorum :P and did not qan> we rescheduled the meeting for today and added items to the agenda to help us get quorum (OFFICER'S REPORTS) qan> next item of business: officer's reports qan> demonic has a report on the progress of ASSS. demonic, you have the floor Demonic> ASSS is well under way, we have a fully operational pub and elim Demonic> leagues are proving difficult to duplicate, but not impossibly so Demonic> probably looking at end of July on current speed to have something to show Next elim is starting. Type ?go elim to play -Robo Ref Demonic> also outstanding is kryn on working on the new biller Demonic> and to get an update on that Demonic> and thats it so far. qan> thanks, demonic. anyone wish to ask anything? griz > will there be a new biller implemented griz > this one crashes alot griz > o/ qan> only members of the council are allowed to speak during the meeting. sorry, griz griz > ok Beasty> o/ qan> beasty has the floor Beasty> Re-asking griz's question qan> :) T griz > cheers Demonic> well - kryn has not been as around to get much of an update Demonic> the plan was for a new biller to be announced by may, which obviously went without Demonic> and as yet i dont have an update Demonic> so i would presume at the moment, biller is stalled Beasty> Thank you qan> any other questions for dem regarding ASSS? Reckful> whens hockey done in asss Demonic> already done qan> ok, great. any other questions? qan> do any other officers (basically anyone on the staff side of council) wish to report on their respective area? T qan> (this isn't required and is basically only if you have something important to report) (COMMITTEE REPORTS) qan> OK then. moving on -- next item of business, committee reports. we have no committee reports. huzzah (SPECIAL ORDERS) qan> next item of business: special orders qan> as a quick review, special orders of business are pieces of business designated for consideration prior to the meeting (MAIN MOTION 1) qan> first item is: a motion by spock qan> the motion is "Limit the size of private frequencies during dips in population (with the exact number up for debate)." qan> spock did not attend the meeting, however, and so can't speak for his motion. does anyone want to take up his motion? Demonic> o/ Beasty> o/ qan> demonic takes up the motion. I'll take that as beasty seconding qan> demonic, the floor is yours to describe your (heh) motion in more detail Demonic> lol :) well the principle of the idea has merit, private freqs reduce the team play, which is fine during high population in pub Demonic> but is noticable in low population periods, and people end up leaving Demonic> i think removing private freqs completely doesnt quite sit right, but reducing it down to maybe 2 Demonic> per private freq Demonic> seems reasonable, without affecting overall gameplay Shaddowkni> point of info qan> go ahead shadd Not online, last seen more than 10 days ago Shaddowkni> I suggested something similar over a year ago, which included shiplimits, (http://www.twcore.org/ticket/955) Would that be something to consider? Demonic> sounds like it needs to be considered, and i would suggest before we make a decision we review shaddows proposal. T qan> that's not a point of information -- need to have it be a question directly about the motion itself. if you want to change the motion, you can make a motion to do so T Shaddowkni> ok T qan> or you can talk about that as a possibility during the motion discussion, etc T qan> (sorry, I know this stuff is weird/awkward sometimes) T Shaddowkni> ya, thats fine then T qan> OK, at this point, dem, if you want to table the motion (lay it to rest, usually until next meeting) or send to committee for more info, you can ThePAP> point of info T qan> if you don't think we have enough info to decide. or we can bring it open to discussion qan> go ahead pap ThePAP> Is this motion in regard to the amount of private frequencies, or the amount of players per private frequency, or both? Demonic> amount of players per priv freq ThePAP> Ok, thank you. (SUBSIDIARY MOTION of MOTION 1) Demonic> anyways - move to refer to comittee qan> demonic motions to refer this to committee. do we have a second? ThePAP> o/ Beasty> second qan> pap seconds qan> if there's no discussion on referring to committee (it's allowed, heh), we'll vote qan> OK then. all in favor of putting motion to committee? qan> o/ ThePAP> o/ Beasty> o/ Demonic> o/ Shaddowkni> o/ qan> all opposed? qan> 5 in favor, 3 abstaining qan> motion passes. next item of business (/SUBSIDIARY MOTION: PASSES 5-3, BUT NEEDS TO BE RATIFIED) (/MAIN MOTION 1: REFERRED TO COMMITTEE) (MAIN MOTION 2) qan> qan: Limit number of attachers to Terriers back to the previous number of 4. Beasty> point of info qan> go for it (can just start talking after you say poi) Beasty> Current # = ? qan> I believe 8ish? you're one of the ones who can easily check :) qan> ok -- I'll continue speaking about the motion at this point qan> the larger attach sizes make it much easier to form massive private LT freqs that can't be countered unless the entire pub decides to fight against it qan> pap just checked that the current turret limit is 7 qan> it certainly doesn't prevent this from happening, to lower to 4. but it's a step in the right direction. you can't have several levis + 2 sharks repping, etc Shaddowkni> point of info, is the limit to 4 including the terr, or terr plus 4 attached? qan> terr plus 4 attached Shaddowkni> k Demonic> ok beasty will cover any sysop changes from here, while i go collect kids Demonic> point of info - this change seems similar to spocks, and sounds like they should be worked together qan> that's not a question about the motion qan> opening this up for discussion at this point. o/ to raise hand if you want the floor sleepyjoe> o/ qan> sleepyjoe has the floor sleepyjoe> these seem like ideas to force pub to focus on basing but they're generally negative toward not-basing sleepyjoe> so while i see how limiting massive turrets could help basing, i think it's a funny wato goa bout encouraging basing sleepyjoe> anything which unites pub probably helps pub, and massive turrets actually do that T qan> also, forgot to say. when done speaking, use a . on its own line sleepyjoe> middling turrets are the ones that are most obnoxious, arguably, in terms of disrupting basing and leavin gnothing to do sleepyjoe> . Left_Eye> o/ qan> left_eye has the floor Left_Eye> I would have to agree with sleepy on this full hearteadly. Left_Eye> Limiting the amount that can attach to a terrier does nothing for the basing structure itself, and in fact, it encourages basing when a terr dies and tries to rush towards the flagroom itself. Left_Eye> The more protection that a terrier can get, the better off it'll live. Left_Eye> This proposed change seems to be directed more towards non-basers (LeviTerrs) Left_Eye> and in fact, it incidentally affects and harms the basing structure itself slightly Left_Eye> but it has more of it's determined affect on non-basers Left_Eye> . T qan> any other council members who wish to speak, o/ I'll keep putting in reminders like this until it becomes more natural Beasty> o/ qan> beasty has the floor (SUBSIDIARY MOTION of MOTION 2) Beasty> I wish to amend the motion to terr+5, it lowers the power of priv freq mega-terrs, but doesn't damage them nor basing. Beasty> If I can get a second, i'd like to have a vote about this motion or for qan's Beasty> . qan> any wish to second the motion? qan> I second the motion, then :> Beasty> point of info, terr+5? qan> you can't ask yourself questions. poi is directed to the person making the motion Beasty> :P T qan> yes, though, you said terr+5 T qan> any who wish to discuss, o/ qan> if there's no discussion, we'll vote on the motion to amend the main motion to "Limit number of attachers on a Terriers to 5, not including the Terr" qan> all in favor? qan> o/ ThePAP> o/ Beasty> o/ Reckful> o/ qan> all opposed? Shaddowkni> o/ Left_Eye> o/ sleepyjoe> o/ T qan> just so you know, this is a motion voting on amending another motion. not the motion itself that we're voting on qan> 4 in favor, 3 opposed. motion passes (with the vague idea we have of quorum presently) (/SUBSIDIARY MOTION: PASSES 4-3, BUT NEEDS TO BE RATIFIED) T sleepyjoe> heh .. well i'm waiting to vote no for the motion. qan> the present motion is: Limit number of attachers on a Terriers to 5, not including the Terr qan> any discussion? or are we ready to put the question to vote? qan> for this vote I will need to PM absent members :P as we agreed would be acceptable. this is still not a legal meeting, so not a big concern at present TWDT is starting this Sunday at 3:00 PM EDT, but it's not too late to sign up for the free agency! You can get more information about the Trench Wars Draft Tournament at http://goo.gl/EdWKcC. -turban Next elim is starting. Type ?go elim to play -Robo Ref T qan> to keep this making sense, rather than in favor/opposed, let's just do y or n :P T qan> as people are AFK sometimes qan> please vote y or n: Limit number of attachers on a Terriers to 5, not including the Terr T Left_Eye> well we just lost another person :P qan> y T qan> he voted no Left_Eye> n ThePAP> y sleepyjoe> n qan> (Weak)>y the block > you guys having a party qan> (Zizzo)>n qan> (Shaddowknight)>n Reckful> y qan> weak amends his vote to n qan> 3 in favor, 5 opposed qan> motion does not pass Beasty> y qan> OK, 4 in favor, 5 opposed. motion does not pass :> T Beasty> sry was away for a moment T qan> sokay :) (/MAIN MOTION 2: 4-5, MOTION DOES NOT PASS) (MAIN MOTION 3) qan> next item of business: Wazzaaa.NL: Reduce TWEL cash prizes. qan> Wazzaaa.NL is not here. this motion will be tabled until next meeting unless anyone wishes to take it up for him T Left_Eye> i have to go for a bit T qan> OK qan> motion tabled until next meeting Beasty> o/ qan> nevermind, heh :) beasty takes up the motion Beasty> nono Beasty> new thing T qan> this delay in internet communications qan> ohhh Beasty> just a raising hand qan> this is not yet time for new business T Beasty> mi scuzi T qan> no worries :) (/MAIN MOTION 3: TABLED DUE TO LACK OF REPRESENTATION) (MAIN MOTION 4) qan> next item of business: qan: Allow members to assign one proxy that can attend meetings as a member of Council and make binding votes in their place when the original Council member is unable to attend a meeting. qan> obviously, quorum is a big problem -- council will die if we consistently can't get quorum qan> we need to allow people to sub in, essentially qan> it's that simple qan> . ThePAP> poi vfx> clearly Reckful> i think if council is going to succeed then the councilmen need to step up and do their job Reckful> or resign ThePAP> One permanent proxy, or is that person, uhm, 'variable' each time? (With lack of better wording) qan> permanent proxy, though can be reassigned if the member wishes by contacting the chair qan> open for discussion at this point sleepyjoe> o/ qan> sleepyjoe has the floor sleepyjoe> responding to what reckful said, i think it's too early in this to start blaming people for not showing up. scheduling 18 people is hard. sleepyjoe> we need to allow other ways to vote and discuss or this won't work sleepyjoe> . T qan> anyone else? just o/ You still have time to qualify for the TWEL Playoffs that start on Sunday, July 20th. We have various prizes up for grab s for all the participating players. For more information, go to http://goo.gl/Tvh7Gj. -Mythril Reckful> im not blaming anyone in particular qan> reck, you don't have the floor :P Reckful> but i mean if you cant even show up when you put forth a motion thats not a good sign qan> and didn't before, either T qan> (not that anyone else is talking. but we gotta stick to procedure or it all falls apart) Beasty> o/ qan> beasty has the floor Beasty> I would like to propose that in case of low quorum, we vote to take the votes to an outside source, to allow all 18 members a vote Beasty> i.e Email Beasty> or a website Beasty> etc Beasty> . qan> anyone else like to speak? reck is the only one who hasn't had the floor yet. once everyone's had a chance I then get a chance to speak again Next elim is starting. Supra (14:2) has won 2 back to back! Type ?go elim to play -Robo Ref qan> wait, sorry, pap hasn't either qan> reck or pap, either of you want the floor? ThePAP> nope Reckful> no qan> OK. I wanted a chance to follow up. I agree entirely about needing some way to process meeting business outside of the meetings qan> in fact, this is a later agenda item (though we might not make it that far today) qan> I think that proxies allow us to have quorum more frequently. also, if a member doesn't want to appoint a proxy, they don't need to qan> and if the later motion passes, they can choose to vote via forum (ratify) qan> or other means -- email. etc qan> . qan> at this point anyone else is welcome to speak a second time, or we can put it to a vote Beasty> Move to a vote qan> ok, let's vote. this may take a second, as I might have to clarify things with those not here qan> vote y/n to: Allow members to assign one proxy that can attend meetings as a member of Council and make binding votes in their place when the original Council member is unable to attend a meeting. qan> y ThePAP> y sleepyjoe> y qan> (Zizzo)>y qan> (Weak)>y Beasty> y qan> Reckful> n qan> 6 in favor, 1 opposed T Shaddowkni> what just voted on? qan> motion (tentatively) passes, again, if ratified T qan> Allow members to assign one proxy that can attend meetings as a member of Council and make binding votes in their place when the original Council member is unable to attend a meeting. T qan> want to make a vote? T Shaddowkni> oh, vote yes qan> Shaddowknight> y qan> (Left_Eye)>yes to the proxy T Shaddowkni> wazzaaa online now as well, will try to get him in qan> would have passed properly if 1 more voted T Shaddowkni> wazz here now T qan> nice! qan> Wazzaaa.NL> yes i accept that motion Wazzaaa.NL> o/ qan> 9 in favor, 1 opposed. motion passes and will not even need to be ratified :> (/MAIN MOTION 4: PASSES 9-1) qan> at this point, beasty had suggested that we possibly adjourn due to lack of quorum and TWDT going on currently Wazzaaa.NL> who opposed? qan> reckful Wazzaaa.NL> axe him Wazzaaa.NL> what was his reason? qan> we do, however, have a sort of quorum at the moment. if we want to continue, we can T qan> ask in here if you don't mind. PM him if you want to know his reasons Shaddowkni> 30 min till twdtj T qan> anything in pub chat is considered on the floor T Wazzaaa.NL> i pmd him T qan> that's an open invitation to move to adjourn if anyone wants to. otherwise, starting next business item T Shaddowkni> we got 2 more items, should be able to get through them before javs starts T qan> with proxies, we will actually be able to get business done, but the next 2 items do make it even easier, if they pass T Beasty> carry on then T qan> works for me. beasty might also have a motion during the new business section, though T qan> ok (MAIN MOTION 5) qan> next item of business: qan: Allow meetings to take place via Skype in the interest of ease of access, if all attending members unanimously agree to hold the meeting via Skype. T Wazzaaa.NL> my item can be replaced by beasties item T qan> your item was tabled until next meeting T Wazzaaa.NL> oke well that item can be cancelled ill give you a new item in msg T qan> you can bring it during the new business section T Wazzaaa.NL> sure T ThePAP> qan, is this already the moment at which you can comment/interrupt, or should it wait until after you did yer explanation? qan> ease of access seems to be a big sticking point for council attendance. many are able to access skype on phones, tablets, etc. twchat isn't on mac phones, for example qan> I'm not a big fan of skype myself, but someone needed to put forth the motion, so I'm speaking for it. I'll let others have the floor if they want to speak about it qan> . Shaddowkni> o/ T qan> oh, you can interrupt with poi at any point qan> shaddowknight has the floor T qan> because it helps clarify for everyone T Wazzaaa.NL> vermillion Shaddowkni> Is the private council forums not enough for this purpose? T Wazzaaa.NL> are u famous with nettle tea? T sleepyjoe> nettle?! Shaddowkni> . T qan> reminder: anyone else on council who wants the floor can claim with o/ T Shaddowkni> we deciding if we want to spend donation money on chocolate milk, or hookers and blow T Shaddowkni> please be patient flawed ThePAP> o/ Wazzaaa.NL> o/ qan> thepap has the floor ThePAP> Unrelated to Shaddow's comment: How would the meetings remain public if done in this way? ThePAP> . T Shaddowkni> i love yo-yos T qan> time to o/ again if you want, wazz Wazzaaa.NL> o/ qan> wazzaaa.nl has the floor T Shaddowkni> the One Ring Wazzaaa.NL> I dont think it will be more effective using Skype T sleepyjoe> next time we're not gonna hold the mtg at the green dragon inn T sleepyjoe> with all this riff raff talking about the Ring !! Wazzaaa.NL> if you realy care youll login to trenchwars T Beasty> I agree with Waz Wazzaaa.NL> if you realy care youll make time for the meetings T Shaddowkni> think the (not approved) proxy persons will also negate the need for such T Shaddowkni> now* Wazzaaa.NL> else ppl will be doign 3-4 times @ the same time T Beasty> I also agree with shad T Beasty> And I agree with verm too, tea is great T sleepyjoe> i just stopped drinking coffee, tea really is better.. Wazzaaa.NL> and not being focused @ the meeting which also will cause longer meetings with less results Wazzaaa.NL> . sleepyjoe> o/ T Wazzaaa.NL> i replaced coffee with green tea and nettle tea qan> sleepyjoe has the floor sleepyjoe> again i disagree with the sentiment that not being able to show up really means you don't care, etc. sleepyjoe> i'd like to point out that wazzaa skipped most of today's meeting deliberately sleepyjoe> i think with proxies we will have a better chance at quorum T Wazzaaa.NL> i posted on forum that i couldnt make this meeting in time sleepyjoe> and we should also use the private forum more to facilitate in-ouncil discussion sleepyjoe> . Weak> o/ T sleepyjoe> ya and im not judging u, u are juding u qan> weak has the floor T sleepyjoe> u dont care, or u would make time - wazzaaa.nl, minutes ago T Wazzaaa.NL> i dont see the other ppl who arent here T Wazzaaa.NL> have legit excuses T Wazzaaa.NL> or posted anythign about why they not here Weak> the only concern i see with the proxy is that, yes they are chosen to speak on your behalf, they may have their own hidden agenda Weak> i mean that's not going to probably be the case, it's just a side that i see Weak> also qan> weak, just to let you know, current item of business is: Allow meetings to take place via Skype in the interest of ease of access, if all attending members unanimously agree to hold the meeting via Skype. Weak> I'm with sleepy, I care about this game and such, but I also care about plaing and having fun, hence why i missed the main part of this for my twdt team qan> we passed the proxy motion Weak> oh Weak> well then Weak> i'll stfu. Weak> . T Shaddowkni> lol T sleepyjoe> ya sorry i mentioned proxies just cuz i think the skype thing is overboard qan> anyone else wish to speak? T sleepyjoe> lol, human. T Weak> i actually like the skype concept, because next sunday ill be at work and skype into the meeting, not log on tw T Wazzaaa.NL> i wouldnt be on skype watching the game with 100 other ppl around watching the worldcup 1/8 finals T Shaddowkni> you could log on with twchat T Shaddowkni> webpage or droid app T qan> does the webchat work still? T Shaddowkni> yes qan> ok, I have a chance to speak again then T Wazzaaa.NL> i got an iphone T Wazzaaa.NL> ios app still not made qan> I wanted to remind everyone, this only pushes meetings to skype if everyone who is attending the meeting agrees qan> it's on a meeting by meeting basis. it really just allows us to do it that way if it would make it so we can get a higher # of council members Beasty> o/ qan> re: the meeting being public, we could still allow people to log in to the skype room. if they disrupted, they'd be kicked out qan> one moment, beasty, I still have the floor. unless you have a point of info or point of procedure or other interrupting motion qan> meanwhile all business would still be in text, and logged to text. we'd still have public accountability Beasty> I'd like to table the motion 1 or 2 meetings from now, to see how the proxy effects attendance first qan> moving table is not an interrupting motion T Beasty> k qan> to table* qan> that said, that's a good point, yes. however, I would still like this to be available, only as an option. remember, we would all have to unanimously agree to hold it via skype qan> if one person did not agree, it would be held here qan> it merely gives us another option qan> a pretty benign motion, really T Beasty> move to a vote qan> . T Wazzaaa.NL> spock would u use skype for these meetings? T qan> spock: current motion Allow meetings to take place via Skype in the interest of ease of access, if all attending members unanimously agree to hold the meeting via Skype. T Spock!> nope, too much bandwidth, would run up internet bill T Spock!> but don't let me hold you back T qan> it's only if all in attendance agreed to hold via skype. you could simply say, "no" to that particular meeting. (or every meeting) T qan> this is just an option to have on the books qan> anyone else wish to discuss this, or are we ready to vote? T Beasty> vote qan> council members, please vote y/n: Allow meetings to take place via Skype in the interest of ease of access, if all attending members unanimously agree to hold the meeting via Skype. Beasty> y qan> y Shaddowkni> n Spock!> I AM A LEAF ON THE WIND, WATCH HOW I SOAR! Spock!> damn, that my macro button Spock!> its a no Wazzaaa.NL> n T Shaddowkni> lol T qan> hahah sleepyjoe> n ThePAP> a(bstain) ? T qan> that works T qan> attempting to get a vote from LE and zizzo qan> (Zizzo)>y T qan> LE would vote yes but it's not legal unless she actually is here to vote yes T qan> reckful is debating his vote. still no reply from L_E T Shaddowkni> willby online T qan> ty qan> (WillBy)>y. ts better imo Reckful> n T qan> anyone who didn't vote? did you vote, weak? T Weak> o Weak> y qan> sorry, tallying qan> 5 in favor, 5 opposed, 1 abstaining. the motion does not pass Weak> ok (/MAIN MOTION 5: 5-5, 1 ABSTAINING, MOTION DOES NOT PASS) (MAIN MOTION 6) qan> next and final item of business qan> in special orders qan> qan: Allow a meeting's business proceedings to be considered legal, regardless of quorum, if a quorum of members afterwards elects to ratify each main motion voted on in the meeting. qan> we've basically agreed on this one for the purpose of this meeting, since we began with quorum. we do have quorum now, though qan> it will legitimize this decision if we vote this one through qan> otherwise we may as well not have had this meeting :P sort of a self-referential trap, but, what can you do qan> also, for clarification, motions that do not pass would not need to be ratified ThePAP> poi qan> and it would be for each item that doesn't have quorum, not the full meeting qan> go for it pap ThePAP> Even if with the ratification they could potentially pass? ThePAP> . qan> yes. the reasoning behind this is that if every motion, even non-passing motions, could be ratified outside the meeting, there's no point in even showing up qan> it encourages people to take the easy way out, because there's close to nothing they can't do outside the meeting qan> . qan> open to discussion at this point. o/ to take the floor Shaddowkni> o/ qan> shaddowknight has the floor T qan> also, when you have the floor, you can introduce non-interrupting motions. such as changing the wording of a motion T qan> or killing it immediately, tabling, etc Shaddowkni> Think that proxies will help with the non-quorum issue well enough, and we should at least see how that does before we vote on this. Shaddowkni> . T qan> o/ for the floor Wazzaaa.NL> o/ qan> wazzaaa.nl has the floor Wazzaaa.NL> i think there should be at least 2 playerbased (non staff) councilmembers for the meeting Wazzaaa.NL> . T qan> just for clarification, there do need to be a certain number of both players and staff T qan> currently this meeting is illegal. nothing in it will pass if we don't also pass this motion T qan> or the sysops ratify it magically T qan> I would prefer to do it without having to involve the sysops, though T sleepyjoe> lets vote so i can shoot someone T Beasty> o/~ <- magic wand qan> anyone else want to have the floor? T Shaddowkni> read back up, it's JUST for things we don't have quorum for? That actually seems fine then T qan> yes, it's just for non-quorum issues. it's another backup plan T qan> and we literally have done nothing this entire meeting if we don't pass this T qan> unless, yes, sysop magic wand T qan> because we haven't had the player side for quorum T Beasty> Qan, do you need a second for your motion to start a vote? T Wazzaaa.NL> so vote yes or we wasted time? T Wazzaaa.NL> oke T Wazzaaa.NL> lets vote T qan> oh, dang. I don't know, beasty. I think you're right, that even special orders need seconds. damn. T qan> yes, basically, waz qan> ok, we'll vote Beasty> o/ Seconding qan's motion, move to a vote qan> I'd second the motion to vote except we'd also have to vote on that motion :P qan> vote y/n: Allow a meeting's business proceedings to be considered legal, regardless of quorum, if a quorum of members afterwards elects to ratify each main motion voted on in the meeting. Wazzaaa.NL> y Shaddowkni> y sleepyjoe> y Beasty> y WillBy> y ThePAP> y qan> y Spock!> Y Reckful> y T sleepyjoe> wtf spock T Spock!> what do you mean wtf T sleepyjoe> sorry i guess i overreacted i just didn't understand ur use of teh shift key. T Spock!> had caps on by accident T Wazzaaa.NL> ;o T qan> let me get the PM votes T Wazzaaa.NL> craziest thing that happend today sleepy? T sleepyjoe> prolly ya. T Spock!> and jeez, sorry I was late. I worked all night till 5 in the morning and my alarm didn't go off qan> (Zizzo)>y qan> (clarification: I think older business DID technically pass, since we had weak and zizzo too. forgot they just haven't been in arena most of the time) T sleepyjoe> okay this has gone on for 2hrs, i'm afk smoking a joint. qan> (M_M God)> qan> y qan> ok, tallying qan> 11 in favor, 0 opposed. motion passes (/MAIN MOTION 6: 11-0, MOTION PASSES) qan> whew T Beasty> $ qan> that is all of the special orders of business T WillBy> close one (NEW BUSINESS) qan> I'll open the floor to new business at this point qan> anyone want to bring a new motion to the floor? qan> ok then. last item of business. announcements: basically we set a time for the next meeting. I'm booked next 2 weekends, but can PROBABLY do sunday the 20th at this same time qan> otherwise, my proxy may have to run the meeting :P A game of JAVDUEL is starting! Type ?go JavDuel to play. -JavDuelBot qan> however, meeting times aren't going to be as important now that we have proxies and can ratify individual motions outside of meetings qan> doodle.com was shown not to work with scheduling... people just don't reply fast enough/in time qan> so, if there are no objections, just setting it to july 20th at 2PM EDT qan> ok then. next meeting time: sunday, july 20th, 2pm EDT (PRIVILEGED MOTION: MOVE TO ADJOURN) qan> I move to adjourn this meeting. any second? ThePAP> second Beasty> third qan> thepap seconds Wazzaaa.NL> second T Shaddowkni> 6 PM london time, correct? T qan> hahah T qan> it's -4 GMT, so yeah qan> vote to adjourn y/n T ThePAP> no daylight savings in london? qan> y ThePAP> y Shaddowkni> y Spock!> y WillBy> y Wazzaaa.NL> y qan> ehhh... going to kinda depart from procedure slightly and just say that motion passes, cookies for everyone. :P meeting is adjourned Shaddowkni> om nom nom sleepyjoe> y (/PRIVILEGED MOTION: MOTION PASSES) sleepyjoe> bye ThePAP> bye everyone *** (/MEETING ENDS) ***