New Canadian Holiday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Canadian Holiday...

March 9: the NHL's trade deadline (Also happens to be my birthday too)

Okay, so most people outside Canada won't get it, but true north strong and free hockey fans will know what I'm talking about.

We've got the last trade deadline before labour armageddon: some teams are going for one last stab, others are bunkering down with prospects. Lots of big name talents have been swapped in recent weeks, but others are up for grabs.

With that, I offer these questions for discussion:

Who do you want your favourite team to go after?
    What do you think of recent transactions? and
    Which teams do you think can go all the way?

(Oh, and non-hockey fans, feel free to participate, but please keep the eyerolling to a minimum.)

plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Hell, I live in Finland. But somehow I've always loved Red Wings.
      DETROIT!
      Hm, they did a good trade when they got robert lang..#1 in points.
      And as soon as curtis joseph gets to play (he was hurt) everything should be fine.. goodbye hasek
      Originally Posted by HeavenSent
      You won't have to wait another 4 years.
      There wont be another election for president.
      Obama is the Omega President.
      http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Uhhh

I used to know about hockey but I don't anymore! I just want a Canadian team to win, so any trades that make that possible are ok by me!

Also, I hope they don't strike.
        Spider
        Formerly EEK! A Spider!
        Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

Originally posted by sTuPiD-gErBiL
          http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/l...ature copy.gif
          ^^^ My new sig i wasted 10 minutes of my life making! W00tz for mE! :D:cool:

I am Plasma.

Last edited by abrasion about 150 times because he can't fucking type.

Comment

Who do you want your favourite team to go after?

I would rather the leafs have gotten Brendan Witt than Brian Leetch, we need a banger back there and McCabe is a pussy, did you see the fight against Thornton? LOL he got dummied.

What do you think of recent transactions?

Berehowsky, shit. Leetch is alright, i think he can help the leafs powerplay, setting up McCabe to let shots fire, i think he'll improve the overall quality of the leafs D core, but with Aki Berg still roaming around out there, they aren't a serious contender. i don't know what Quinn sees in that boy, except his size. My leaf D core now goes like this.

McCabe Leetch
            Kaberle Klee
            Marchmant Berehowsky i guess

Which teams do you think can go all the way?

Umm, i think Detroit has a good chance. Any team in the East of Bos/TOR/ott even montreal, can't forget about philly and last years champs NJ. The West has had a hard time this year, but Calgary can be a surprise if they start scoring again. Van/Col have a slight chance but both teams lack a goalie with proven playoff experience... ummm i don't see any other shining stars there.

My finals predictions are Calgary OR Vancouver vs Toronto, Ottawa or Montreal. The cup is coming North this year.
            There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

i still think its weird that leetch left new york. and im jelous of the bruins because they got gonchar. I think the devils will probably get a defenseman soon, maybe Witt, maybe not because i heard he might go to dallas.

Comment

ha, turek was put on the waivers, so i think either the avs or rangers will get him if none of them can get kolzig

Comment

he was? i guess calgary has more trust in Kiprosoff.

Comment

Bondra in the Sens will make an impact.
                    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                    Failure teaches success.
                    . â–²
                    ▲ ▲

Comment

i agree.

Comment

Leetch trade is awesome for the leafs, now they need a back-up goalie desperately. Up front they are good but the rumour is that they want to get a big checking center. As for the defence I disagree with you slightly Adman. I think that Berg is the number 5 defenceman and one of the other four fools is number 6

Leetch and McCabe, agreed

Kaberle and Klee, agreed

Berg and Marchment/Berehowsky/Pilar/Belak

Out of those three Pilar has been playing the best lately, Marchment is highly overrated and getting Berehowsky made no sense because Jackman was better. Also don't count out Belak because he could come back and be the no. 6 defenceman. He's big and rugged just what the leafs need.
                        Last edited by Adamant; 03-07-2004, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Just like Don Cherry said, people are underrating Bryan Marchment. Come playoff time, he'll be the kind of defenceman you want shoving forwards out of Belfour's way, not someone like Berg.

Comment

Supposedly (rumours) MArchmant is being courted by several other teams, playoff teams. I think if the leafs get rid of him and don't pick anyone else up, they can kiss their hopes goodbye. And aki berg is a fucking joke, did you watch the one game against boston a couple weeks ago? he agve the puck away twice in the first shift to let them score. WTf and Kaberle definately needs to get his act together or i can see him being shipped out.

Comment

So berg had a bad game, so what? I still think he is a good player and the no.5 defence. Leafs should get another defence tho and they do have some players they could trade that wouldn't make that much of a difference

Im still not fond of Marchment no matter what anyone says

Comment

Working...
                              X