No announcement yet.

2018 in music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think it's too late for me to sit down and actually review this album - maybe not and im just finding more reason to be lazy - but this record is the best thing i have heard in a very long time and it deserves more written about it than is provided here

fucked up is a pretty by-the-book hardcore band, been around forever, no idea what the impetus was but this record, and i cannot emphasize this enough, came out of nowhere to explode with sheer brilliance.

it's a hardcore record only in the loosest, most technical sense of the word. every other song is an experiment in genre, the guest features are eclectic as hell (j mascis? really? ok), and the plot(?) that drives the concept as a whole is pretty intriguing. the writing is on point and there are times when it's hard to tell if it's a Fucked Up lyric, or maybe a line from a william butler yeats: Between the how and how it seems / Oh bright sophistry, let down your canopies / Give me sleep from forgery, send me back to where I've been!

the songs i posted aren't even the best tracks, so when you listen to them and you think "yo this fuckin whips ass", just remember it only gets better
    Last edited by Jerome Scuggs; 03-04-2019, 03:20 AM.
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

yo this is badass
      1:ikpt> this has become more entertaining than playing
      1:lynnja> anything is more interesting than trenchwars
      1:lynnja> have you just realised that
      1:ph> this is not for amusement purposes, we are trying to save duel pasta from a life of misery and genital warts.

"The world is a wheel where everyone steals, and when we rise it's like strawberry fields."

Comment

Working...
      X