Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW Mafia 2019

Hello friends,

It is time once again to forget squad alliances, backstab all your spacebook friends, and post on an old spaceship forum at least 1-2 times per day.
    This post is to gauge interest in a new mafia game, hosted by me (or whoever, if someone else wants to). Please leave a post here if you are interested, or contact me in game. I am hoping for around 12 participants, but more are always welcome.

I hope you've been practicing your Italian accents.
    1. fiS
    2. Waz
    3. Undercut
    4. Voth
    5. Zeebu
    6. Jessup
    7. ixt
    8. midoent
    9. turp
    10. BIET
    11. nuketheyanks
    12. Soilderz??
    13. Wicket666
    Last edited by WillBy; 03-18-2019, 11:15 AM.

Buon giorno. Grazie.

Comment

The theme will be working in an automobile factory. The factory here Tolkswagen Spiders are made has been without an accident for quite some time.

Look for accidents involving safety issues, and "accidents" involving personnel issues. Character roles will be loosely associated with roles at the factory. For example, a CEO might represent a mayor in game.

In a first for me, I will not be revealing roles when a player is lynched or nightkilled. I will, however, reveal faction allegiances.

If you have any questions about rules, consult below or ask me! Players at all levels of experience are welcome!
      Originally posted by WillBy
      The style would resemble my other games, Dreaming Darkly or A Cold Dark Night. A first-person narration of with powerful yet incomplete characters, augmented by weaker power roles. The term "Role Madness" gets thrown around my games at times, but I hope that field's non-themed game reminds people of how much more exciting it is to have an effect on the game. I've played my fair share of games, I know how to balance it. I believe the above two games attest to that truth, given how close they ended.

The rules are up to tweaking if need be, if there's something you'd like to clarify or see changed, ask now. Once the game begins, they will be all-but set in stone.
      RULES:
      1) Actions occur in this order: Target modifiers (Busdriver, hider, commuter, nexus) -> Strongman -> Action modifiers (roleblock, protection) -> Killing roles -> Miscellaneous (treestump, recruitment) -> Investigative roles
      Target Modifiers, however, can be roleblocked.
      2) All votes must be BOLDED. Unvotes are not necessary but are allowed
      3) You may not abstain from voting.
      4) There will be NO double lynches. In the event of a vote tie, the day will conclude with no one being lynched.
      5) Please keep conversation limited to game-related topics. It's really cool to see a game go into hundreds of pages, but it's a bit of a turn-off for new players and those who can only spare a few minutes for reading.
      6) Phases will last however long I see fit. I expect votes every day and night-actions at night. Please don't keep everyone else waiting. Ideally, day phases will last under 48 hours, and night phases approximately 24 hours. It is your responsibility to make sure the game goes quickly though.
      7) Never re-post any part of any pm sent to you by me. Paraphrasing is okay but I am the final judge of what is acceptable. I will mod-kill you instantly if you do so. Don't be a tool and we'll be ok
      8) You may not EDIT your posts. Multi-posting to correct what was said is fine.
      9) Do NOT Lurk. I need you to post at least once per phase (more than a one-liner, please). If someone does not do even that much than I will look for a substitute. If someones is seen as lurking more than usual, it is your job as town/mafia to lynch them.
      10) If you're dead, you're dead. Dead people don't talk nor share any information.
      11) If you have any questions, please PM me (ingame or in Forum).
      12) Submit your night actions if you have one. If you don't wish to use yours, please let me know that too so we can move on faster.
      13) I reserve the right to modify the rules slightly for extraneous situations.
      14) I reserve the right to edit/delete posts that don't comply with explicitly stated rules here or via private message.
      15) Don't be shit-heads- to me or to each other.
      Last edited by WillBy; 03-08-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

Can't do this anymore sorry. Hosts proved to be slanted and unfair setting up characters time and time again. I was outright trolled by a host who made me an insane policeman which is the most trash stupid BS character ever developed. In small games like we used to do it is stupid. If we agree all bogus bs character like insanes are removed then perhaps I will reconsider.
          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

my italian accent is on point count me in
            3:Tsunami> under all you really have to do is fine tune that fiddle and stroke the strings harder than you ever have before

RaCka> i could've brought my subspace butthole catalogue

Comment

I?m definitely in. I miss mafia.
              7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
              Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10
              Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

i would like to do this

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                  Can't do this anymore sorry. Hosts proved to be slanted and unfair setting up characters time and time again. I was outright trolled by a host who made me an insane policeman which is the most trash stupid BS character ever developed. In small games like we used to do it is stupid. If we agree all bogus bs character like insanes are removed then perhaps I will reconsider.
                  I respect your decision. For what it's worth, this will be a rather tame game role-wise. Put on your thinking caps!

Comment

I'll play if insanes are not in the mix. I don't mind like a nightly insanity or something peppered in.. or a character that causes insanity when an action is taken but for an every night and day constant occurrence that makes a given character completely useless was just terrible. I forget which host did it to me. . I think it was ph or something lol .. def trolled me bad and I just wound up wasting my time. Some games were fun though. I loved when LF was my zombie lover rofl. If you get enough players for a decent game I'm in. Put me on the list please.

Also ask wicket666 to play.. He loves mafia. Also Jerome was epic in this game.
                    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I'll play if insanes are not in the mix. I don't mind like a nightly insanity or something peppered in.. or a character that causes insanity when an action is taken but for an every night and day constant occurrence that makes a given character completely useless was just terrible. I forget which host did it to me. . I think it was ph or something lol .. def trolled me bad and I just wound up wasting my time. Some games were fun though. I loved when LF was my zombie lover rofl. If you get enough players for a decent game I'm in. Put me on the list please.

Also ask wicket666 to play.. He loves mafia. Also Jerome was epic in this game.
                      Jessup, I don't really feel like discussing mafia before the actual game, but I just can't just not comment.
                      A "nightly" insanity would be much much much more random than a regular "insanity", because it throws you off entirely - whereas the "insane" cop is NOT random at all, by just giving you the opposite result. Yes, it is confusing in the beginning, and surely will lead to missunderstandings, but once you've figured it out all your results are legit just the opposite and hence it's pretty much a legit cop in the late game. I remember you didn't understand that in the last game and your post just confirms this (I don't wanna judge), but please just think about it for a second before you enter the game.
                      Please don't understand this wrong Jessup. I hear you, an insane cop can surely be an annoying role especially early game, I'm just trying to explain mechanics here.
                      I'm excited for the game and I hope you'll join it :-)

Comment

Hi fis, in a small game with not many nights an insane cop is just bad. The game I was made one had like 12 people and I could only do actions as I remember every other night or something very limiting. I mention insanity for a night in a way meaning some special cancelling action a player may have for one time usage. It has been forever since I played so am a bit fuzzy on the rules but I do know an insane cop is thought of as one of, if not the lamest character mafia games can have. It completely paralyzes you and sets you at a huge disadvantage. A good balanced game for the number we will probably have here I can't see a good reason to use them.
                        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Also perhaps an announcement with basic overview and explanation of the game should be posted by you willby. Some people don't know even what this mafia game is who I'm sure who may enjoy it and want to sign up to play.
                          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Also perhaps an announcement with basic overview and explanation of the game should be posted by you willby. Some people don't know even what this mafia game is who I'm sure who may enjoy it and want to sign up to play.
                            Good call. For those who haven't played before and are curious, mafia is a social deception game we play on the forums. Sometimes called werewolf, the game pits an uninformed majority, called the town, against an informed minority, called the mafia. The game alternates between day and night phases. During the day, the everyone comes together to vote one player off, called lynching. At night, the mafia chooses to secretly kill one player. The goal for the mafia is to gain a mathematical majority over the town. The town aims to eliminate the entire mafia.

TW forums has a long history of playing mafia games that the curious should check out. Here's a link to the archived mafia forums.

Comment

I'll probably close signups Thursday morning (US). If we don't have enough by then, RIP forum mafia. So invite your friends!

Comment

Working...
                              X