Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post
    Jessup's Mafia Hot or Not-

The following is my Hot or Not grade review for each Mafia player in order of their death with a grade rating between A+ to F- used as the scale. After the grading score there will be some words describing why I am scoring them this way and the reasons as to why each deserves it.

1)NukeTheYanks/Phyllis- Vanilla Town

Grade performance= F

What can I say about Nuke? He died night one and inputted absolutely nothing into the game. I suspect Nuke does not even know he died yet and never even did log in once to even find out. He probably would rather just play Levi and bomb base all day than to have taken the time to join the game sigh. :P He receives a F for never posting at all but in his defense the early death leaves no room for criticism of his game play besides not showing up rofl.

2)Undercut/Meredith-Town Bus Driver

Grade performance= D+

This is a tough one obviously as the writer of this Hot or Not was directly responsible for his death lol. However I still must reserve the right to comment on other aspects of his gameplay which draw such a terrible letter grade. He NEVER should have openly role revealed his power role on day 2 like he did over a single vote that was a simple feeler vote. Jessup's lone "stir the pot up vote did" not warrant anything remotely to cause this behavior by him doing a complete public open reveal to mafia as a bus driver like he did. There was zero attempt to manipulate or protect himself and his important position action position hurting town in the process and giving us the doubt we all needed to make a successful lynch on him. This reveal put an open target on his back by mafia and with or without the lynch kill he would have been picked off early by mafia scum. To his credit he was completely honest to town which is a virtue but due to the game being only in day 2 this was a terrible reveal that cast doubt for the town to trust him. He receives a D+ though because Jessup put him in a terrible spot which apparently convinced himself that he was forced to react and reveal early the way he did. Unfortunately his assessment was completely wrong and if he just did the bare amount of deflection the focus probably would have gone away.

3)Wicket666/Creed-Mafia Goon

Grade performance= D

A solid D grade for wicket. The ONLY reason he does not receive an F is he managed to sway ixt into trusting him. From his first post wicket gave himself away by trying to call out Jessup as a mafia member which was a sure scum tell. He had ZERO consistency in his lies and was all over the map with his obvious attempts to cause chaos and sow dissent in town. NO ONE bought it besides our resident newb ixt. His poor choices in his role claim as "boring apprentice" with no specific attachment was horrible. To make matters worse when the pressure mounted he flailed and gave obvious signs he was trying to embellish onto his original horrid claims. He then attempted to claim town cop which was an obvious role town role would already have been know to the actual town cop/Biet. As soon as he did this Biet knew he was full of crap. He also left Zeebu with a critical mistake saying he knew zeebu was blocked night one. Obviously fis had told them that she blocked zeebu over concerns he was 3rd party and would try a shot in the dark kill which mafia was fearful of. He played at least and was active and did cause some chaos but shot himself in the foot while doing it. He did make the game hilarious and fun which is appreciated! Love you wicket!

4)Midoent/Jim-Mafia Goon

Grade performance=C

Mido at least stayed hidden and did not make any serious mistakes related to the public discussion. He successfully used his naive newb approach to the game as a reason to keep town off his trail. The real obvious mistake and tell he did was when he clammed up in the wicket vote and did a last minute unvote with nothing to even attempt to hide the logic as to why he would do this. He played an acceptable Mafia Goon Role though but his lack of attempted deceit let town root him out fairly easily.

5) Biet/Stanley-Town Cop/Investigator

Grade performance=B

Biet played a decent game. His investigations were what led town to victory even though he never got one guilty verdict. He confirmed Voth as town and was a huge reason Turban was suspected as being the Godfather. He stayed off the radar but interjected enough to gain some trust. The fact that himself, Voth and Soilderz came to trust each other was a giant help for town early on and helped town win in the end. I also respect him for pulling back the night he died and not sharing any info with anyone to be completely sure what action he was taking would be safe for town and not giving mafia insiders a chance to infiltrate that action with spilled info. A solid performance all around though. Too bad mafia got him that night though and I suspect it was because of Voth spilling the beans to fis but that info is yet to be known by me. Possibly a luck kill by mafia and it hurt town badly!

6) Waz/Angela-Vanilla Town

Grade performance=B-

Waz played a fine game as a vanilla townie by never seeming sketchy, using good logic on votes and not getting out of line. A safe game play that can not be faulted. He receives a B- though because of a slight lack of playtime and input. Especially a B- because when the votes started to go his way he did NOT even try to defend himself. I never wanted to vote waz but because of no defense by him and the rest of town pushing for it I had no choice but to vote him out. Big Fail for town doing this. Waz deserved better than this from town but died because of little or no defense and a horrid voting record not going with the majority too.

7) Jessup/Kevin-Town Role Blocker

Grade performance= A

I can't help but toot my own horn here. The only reason I did not give myself an A+ was the undercut vote that I started which led to our bus driver being lynched. Still, the shake it up tactic to get players to reveal information plan attaching a feeler vote on undercut though DID DO ITS JOB. Mafia jumped on board happily and afterwards it caused mafia to come out and exposed due to their unrestrained joy. It allowed town to start spotting them and make mafia somewhat show their hand. Jessup had the game 100% sown up and correctly identified the entire MAfia AND their roles on day 3. Jessup brilliantly also came up with a fake bomb claim which was passed to ixt (the mouth) i shall call him lol. Knowing ixt was easily manipulated and had loose lips I knew this info would be told to wicket who then would proudly tell his mafia cohorts. As Role Blocker with zero protections being performed on me this fake BOMB claim bought town enough time for her to role block midoent which kept town safe from a kill for the second night in a row. It was the final solid reason Midoent was confirmed as the scum he was too. Proof that a successful role block saved a town life. Jessup also blocked fis 2 times successfully thwarted more hacks and obscures by them. Jessup also was the one who brought out the importance of the narrative as a reason for town to induce from logic who was in fact on their side. Kevin and Zeebu were confirmed by this and Voth to a lesser extent. Jessup also gave (The Mouth) ixt the benefit of the doubt time and time again as being the real townie he was all along while others doubted him. Even the soilderz fake role block claim block before my death I sent to ixt and stressed how important it was that he should reveal to town what I said. This was Jessup's final play to reveal ixts innocence and gesture to help town win. I knew ixt(THE MOUTH) would quickly blab that info I sent in public quickly and I left both Zeebu and Voth info I had done in fact told ixt I blocked soilderz. My thinking was this would hopefully show ixt was just a blabbing newb with good intentions for town winning. I worked hard to figure ways to prove ixt was legit town and reveal to others this info too. I want to apologize to Soilderz for leaving him in the dark about this when I died. I could NOT inform you of this though. There was a slight possibility that VOTH or you were mafia still to me even though it was a minute chance of like only 3 %. I also could tell that soilderz, voth and even zeebu to a lesser degree were getting manipulated by fis' deception game she was pulling on you. I even found myself questioning fis, for like 1 minute lol. I was pissed that soilderz decided to listen to Voth more than me and jump on the vote Waz train that fis was pushing. I give myself an A. perhaps others disagree but I had mafia pegged early down to each role and without my input I think a lot of the foundation I laid out early would have not been noticed or revisited in the final phases of the game after I was killed by fis sigh. Why u always my nemesis in these games fis?? sigh..

8)Turban/Oscar-Mafia GodFather

Grade performance=C

Turban was so bad playing this game that it actually gave him a passing grade lol. Voting for himself every time was probably the best way he could throw off town. I know he didn't want to play as TWL was taking all his real time. He did the bare minimum and in the process of basically saying fuck it still somehow managed to stay alive and do his part while doing nothing at all at the same time lool. The votes on himself did a good job keeping town off him but if he tried just a little more I think he could have won it for mafia perhaps. Town should be thankful Turban just couldn't find the energy to commit to this game or we probably would have had a much harder time winning. I give him a solid C still though lol.

9)Voth/Michael-Town Bodyguard

Grade performance=C-

Voth was upgraded from an F to a C- today lol. He blundered by not protecting Biet the night Biet was killed. He should have protected me also the night I died too but didn't . It would not have mattered anyways as Fis was Strongman and her 2 shot immune kill was used obviously along with her hacking tool. Voth allowed the scent we had early to be completely thrown off by allowing fis' nonsense to permiate his brain. Town has at least 3 deaths on his head for his play and poor choices when he decided to step up and lead. Why people followed his logic is beyond me. I know the gameplay was sporadic this game and he was just throwing out votes he felt were smart. Unfortunately a few weren't and he was basically demanding town follow him (which they did). Town had WAY more town deaths than needed as a result. He totally got on the fis train which was RETARDED PLAY by him. I had warned him of fis and the danger. I laid out a plan to expose fis by making her use her gun. He was too stubborn and hardheaded to agree and rather embraced fis and her hypnotism spell. Voth actually repeated fis saying the idea to make her use her gun was terrible when in fact my plan making her use it WAS THE WAY TO GO. It nearly cost us the game and was a bad play on his part. Luckily Voth in the middle got the correct votes with us on wicket and midoent and at the very end finally wised up about fis. This recovery by Voth at the end of the game is why his grade was upgraded. 3 people died needlessly though and this is why VOTH receives a hardly satisfying passing grade of C-.

10) Zeebu/Dwigh-Vanilla Town

Grade performance= A-

Zeebu played a good game as a vanilla. He also managed to live the entire game after his bold reveal until the very last kill (which was needless) . Coming out day one and openly revealing about how the narrative of the game was in 1st person from himself was gutsy as crap. He boldly took the chance early to reveal this about his character and put a huge target on his head but managed to survive until the very end. This crucial reveal was exactly what town needed to trust him. He made well informed sensible votes consistently too. He spotted the fis lie in wicket666 post too the day before he was killed which was a great observation even I had missed. Well done and GG Zeebu!! A strong grade of A- you receive from the Jessup :P Sorry you had to die last sigh!

11) Soilderz/Pam-Vanilla Town

Grade performance= B+

Soilderz played an excellent vanilla game. Always being truthful and trustworthy and openly fighting any stupid ideas early on to the midway point in the game. He also openly came to Jessup's defense after the undercut fiasco which without a doubt helped save and protect her town role blocker role as a result. I honestly think soilderz was a key player allowing town to win. He had a very good voting record and was the first upvoter on wicket666 leading the initial charge and vote on Wicket666 and midoent. Soilderz though did falter late in the game removing a solid A grade by getting sucked into the voth/fis train which was a poor choice. Still though he managed to survive the entire game as a vanilla townie and avoid the final kill by fis. If only he had only listened to me though waz, myself and zeebu would have survived. Going with Voth/fis train was a BAD PLAY lol. Still GOOD GAME SOILDERZ. Without you and your solid play town would have undoubtedly lost and I very well have been lynched early.

12) Ixt/Toby-Vanilla Town

Grade performance= C

Ixt being a newb caused more issues than he helped lol. I will always and forever refer to ixt as "THE MOUTH" in this game that we just completed. You could be sure whatever was relayed to him that he would repeat it to multiple people within that very same phase no matter how secret or important the info was. Ixt if pressed would spill the beans to ANYONE. rofl. He was a useful tool in Jessups fake bomb claim though during his hilarious partnership with wicket666. "THE MOUTH" did not disappoint and told wicket within the hour of my fake role claim as bomb. This filtered to mafia as planned and kept them off Jessup for a crucial few night phases. GOOD JOB IXT!! even though you unwilling helped town by blabbing this you did us all a great service!! His grade was upgraded from a D to a C also for properly revealing Jessups last will and testament which was preplanned before her death and was hoped by her correctly that he would in so doing this reveal himself as who he truly was. An eager , unpolished player for town who just could not help but put his foot in his mouth time and time again. If he was mafia this pattern would have not revealed itself so easily .. at least I don't think so.. not sure at all 100% ixt's llogic for me was very hard to follow at times in how he playing his game. Also his trusting the final 4 and making the correct votes was good play on ixts part too. His game was in no way subtle. He was an easy read that something was always amiss with him but.. he was town and his eagerness to play is commendable but damn you confused us ixt lol Still I applaud ixt for his consistent activity. Ixt you receive a strong satisfactory C as your grade. Good Game !! You survived until the end and made the correct votes at a crucial times and helped lead town to victory. I think you have potential if you tweak a few things too in how you play Mafia too. My first game in mafia was even more hilarious than yours at the way I played so do not feel bad in the least. You did OK!

13) Fis/Darryl-Mafia Strongman

Grade performance= A

Where do I start on fis? I will refer to fis as THE HYPNOTIST this game. This god damn hypnotist took a game that was sown up and almost fucking won the game. If you ever have seen Derren Brown on youtube you will know exactly the way fis operated during this game and it was annoying as shit from my perspective watching people I trusted have their logic thrown out the window by her stupid spells she was casting. The power of suggestion by "The Hypnotist" would take the most logical points and evidence town had and flip it on its head by simply using distraction techniques and stating the exact opposite as her talking points. I laid out after midoent was taken out as mafia how we had to publicly focus on her outrageous role claim NEXT and deal with fis NEXT. We had to make her prove it. Voth allowed fis to totally manipulate all logic and reason from him. It was fking unreal! I was literally yelling at my computer screen multiple times. All she had to do was state how bad any idea was and Voth would just blindly agree lol. Voth literally commented "Jessup you never cease to amaze me" rofl after I presented town with an unbreakable plan that would have either caught fis in her lies or shown the truth in her town role claim but nooooooo she was allowed a pass and to reamin unchallenged with this ridiculous power role she claimed. sigh. As a result at least 2 unneeded town deaths happened. Actually 3 with the last kill on Zeebu by her done. Fis played an excellent scum game and gets a powerful A matching Jessups score.

MVP for this game is awarded to Jessup because of the town win. If mafia had pulled off the upset obviously fis would have taken this award but as they lost so did fis' award.

Obviously this is just my own personal hot or not write up and others interpretation could be radically different. I enjoyed writing this and playing the game. I hope in the near future another TW mafia game will be afoot. I urge those who lurked and did not play to join and make a new game even better than this one with more intense participation and a greater game play.

Big props to willby too for being such a great mod and coming up with this hilarious narrative about the Tolkswagon Spider car plant and the TWATS ROFL!! It was a well balanced game too I think the way he set up the power roles. Thanks for the host Willby!!!
    ROFL
    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• to add to jessup's partial retardation:

hi jessup, i'm voth, the town bodyguard with two vests. why would i use one on you when i wasn't even sure you were town? of course i used it to protect myself to lead the town.

of course in the middle of this game town hit some snags, which was because of BIET. why would i protect BIET though? he came to us as town cop, but wasn't confirmed, and was not on blast by mafia at all. needless to say, i was very surprised to see BIET die.

in the middle of the game, we had no cop, and a roleblocker who was completely out of control setting traps upon tricks upon hoodwinks for everyone in sight. SO MANY OF THESE that none of them actually meant anything, because the actual results of the night meant nothing if you are conning literally everyone in the game somehow.

of course, if we have no information, there's a shot in the dark aspect to the game. i went for waz because i didn't believe turban was so dumb to actually play a classic newbie lurking mafia game. he wasn't that dumb, he just didn't care about the game. the vote against waz was a mistake, obviously, but hey, it worked out.

jessup, if i had to give you a grade, it would be a huge F. you literally got one of town's power roles killed because you thought you were smart (you weren't) and then you proceeded to play one of the most idiotic, moronic games i've ever seen. you had NOTHING to do with the town win, except for your roleblock on midoent. that was literally your ONE contribution to the game. congrats.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• also, did you just imply that i told fis that biet was the town cop?

LOL

dumber than i thought jessup, if possible. i'm sure fis will confirm this was not the case.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
        TWLJ Champion Season 11
        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Reading Jessup's after game analysis is quite interesting. I do appreciate that you're sharing your thoughts openly.

While sometimes you make sense and I truly feel honored by your A, you also show that you've only understood so little.
          Even after my role has been revealed you still think I'm a strongman - and you must have missed Voth's 'real' 2 vest claim at the last phase. And your logic of my "inventor gunshot forcing two deaths" will prove the entire game is still flawed as fuck, I didn't make it up.
          Last edited by fiS; 04-05-2019, 02:55 PM. Reason: Fixed typos

Comment

• LOL ok Voth you are entitled to your opinion but I strongly disagree.

I also said I was not sure if you told fis about biet being cop but by your foolish trust in fis it wouldn't have at all surprised me as a real possibility.
            TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by fiS View Post
              Reading Jessup's after game analydis is quite interesting. I do appreciate that you're sharing your thoughts openly.

While sometimes you make sense and I truly feel honired by your A, you also show that you've only understood so little.
              Even after my role has been revealed you still think I'm a strongman - and you must have missed Voth's 'Real' 2 vest claim at the last phase. And your logic of my "inventor gunshot forcing two deaths" will prove the entire game is still flawed as fuck, I didn't make it up.
              I was never told about the 2 vests by voth so no way I couild know that. I assumed he was a straight up role blocker.

I also feel your power claim fis had to be proven. Town had enough of their sites on Mafia at the time to have been able to do a double shot at them for a night phase.
              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Go sign up for Mafia, and someone volunteer to host pretty puleeze so I can play!
                Last edited by field; 04-06-2019, 04:00 AM.
                Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Also: it's easy to just throw out "xxx and xxx is mafia" at day 3. Even if it's true, you have been tunneling way too hard with no proofs, getting your thoughts all tangled up instead of lined up. If you weren't the roleblocker (or an other power role of importance) I would have not targetted you at night.

Also, voth never told me about biet or anyone else.
                  ixt truly has been babbling (as you call it). Ingame he approached me and I even sort of warned him to not talk too much, because I knew he's new and I didn't want a too easy game. When he asked me if I was town, I replied "okay, imagine I am mafia, what would I reply right now?", but he kept going.

Comment

I was never told about the 2 vests by voth so no way I couild know that. I assumed he was a straight up role blocker.

I also feel your power claim fis had to be proven. Town had enough of their sites on Mafia at the time to have been able to do a double shot at them for a night phase.
                    Sure proving a power role is great. But - what if - my role was real and only one death happened because of a roleblock or successfull protection? It's a stupid way to prove it and your logic has been flawed, you just don't want to admit it.

How did you prove your power role? The two nights without a kill *could* have been because of successful protection, too, and you *could* have been a mafia alligned roleblocker. I don't think you're as good at this game as you think you are. I enjoyed playing and occassionally you gave me a hard time, and I don't think you were bad, but you were stuck too much in your own game.

Comment

LOL ok Voth you are entitled to your opinion but I strongly disagree.

I also said I was not sure if you told fis about biet being cop but by your foolish trust in fis it wouldn't have at all surprised me as a real possibility.
                      He didn't trust me. He just knew I made sense and you didn't and that there was a chance I am not scum. He hasn't been madly tunneling me. I was actually even lynched for the wrong reasons but that's fine.

Comment

Sure proving a power role is great. But - what if - my role was real and only one death happened because of a roleblock or successfull protection? It's a stupid way to prove it and your logic has been flawed, you just don't want to admit it.

How did you prove your power role? The two nights without a kill *could* have been because of successful protection, too, and you *could* have been a mafia alligned roleblocker. I don't think you're as good at this game as you think you are. I enjoyed playing and occassionally you gave me a hard time, and I don't think you were bad, but you were stuck too much in your own game.
                        I cross checked with voth and soilderz on biets claims as cop. He in fact said he was blocked on night two when I targeted him so that was how I proved myself. The narrative too proved I was town. My position I proved as town too early on in the game. I pegged you all. I blocked midoent when every1 else was saying for me to block you or turban. I saved a life.

You may not think I'm good at this game but if it was up to me alone I would have slam dunked and voted correctly ALL of you guys out. You were supposed to GO BEFORE I died, You never had me fooled one bit. I mean sure, your bad claim "could" have been real but it wasn't and I knew it was all BS.
                        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

well, the night that mido was blocked and the mafia kill didnt go through was a pretty good indicator of it at that point.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• oh I meant to say I assumed voth was a regular town body guard. So voth really had 2 bulletproof vests only? Seems so fishy how fis started with the vests talk and voth then claimed to have a 2 shot vest after fis was talking about them. Wtf is that all about.
                            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

oh I meant to say I assumed voth was a regular town body guard. So voth really had 2 bulletproof vests only? Seems so fishy how fis started with the vests talk and voth then claimed to have a 2 shot vest after fis was talking about them. Wtf is that all about.
                              Which is why Voth's play was great. He claimed doctor but he wasn't a regular one, but he said just enough to be trustworthy even before turban's role reveal.

Comment

• I'd also like to add that I prefer playing pro town and I'm sorry for lying to you all.

Comment

Working...
                                X