Mafia: What a time to be alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Voth View Post

Yes, I think that Paul has posted a disproportionate amount of questions versus actual statements. In past games, this has led me to mafia members. I believe that asking question after question to leave things open ended is a fairly common way for mafia members to propose ideas without actually being accusatory, which is for self-preservation. Of course I know that questioning is a huge part of this game, though I also know that too many questions can be cause for concern also. You're free to disagree of course, but it's certainly not me calling anyone out for trying to "play the game correctly."
    I had to ask 800 questions because only Exalt and ixt bothered posting anything else. Discussion is what makes this game fun.

I was going to point out more holes in what Willby has done, but people's minds are made up, and my heart isn't really in it right now. Not a good 24 hours here in Colorado.

Fis thanks for hosting, gg everyone and thanks for the distraction, sorry for taking up so much space with just me and Exalt.
    JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
    the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post

I had to ask 800 questions because only Exalt and ixt bothered posting anything else. Discussion is what makes this game fun.

I was going to point out more holes in what Willby has done, but people's minds are made up, and my heart isn't really in it right now. Not a good 24 hours here in Colorado.

Fis thanks for hosting, gg everyone and thanks for the distraction, sorry for taking up so much space with just me and Exalt.
      I am not attacking you for it, only saying that I have had it lead me to mafia in the past. In fairness, I think I have been pretty active and I would not characterize ixt spamming idiocy as a positive thing.
      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Final Vote Count:

the_paul - 10 (Exalt, WillBy, Zeebu, field, Voth, Missa, BIET, ixt, Rodney, the_paul)
        Voth - 1 (Undercut)
        Missa - 1 (midoent)

This day appeared to be longer than it actually had to be. After the first sleepless night it didn't take long until there was a bold accusation, at first sight a seemingly good lead - the only lead?

But what is it worth? Is it worth to risk lynching the Cop? Ten out of twelve of our remaining villagers agreed to follow the lead and even though the mood was still quite tense - the Cop himself, the_paul, gave up and voted himself and as discussion slowed down, everyone waited for the sunset to come - not because sunsets are beautiful, but because eventually that's the time when the_paul was finally hanging from the gallows.

After the lynch they found out, shockingly, that the corpse indeed carried a gun and plenty of donuts with him. Great release was to be noticed among the villagers though when finally it was clear that the_paul was the Mafia's Cop.

So that's when Night 2 begins.

Comment

• Things we learned:
          WillBy is town inventor
          The Baddies are mafia (as opposed to like, a cult).

Things we still don't know:
          Who the mafia members are
          If we have a SK or other third party role
          Who else were can trust

Good night town, and if I don't see you again, thanks for believing in me and good luck!

Comment

• So whose the next probable scum that needs to go? BIET? Midoent? Missa? Rodney? Undercut?

Originally posted by BIET View Post
            Current standings:
            the_paul (willby, ixt, zeebu, voth, ixt, exalt, rodney, field, biet, the_paul) <- yes, ixt actually voted the_paul twice (here and here)
            voth (undercut)
            no votes (missa, midoent)

With these standings (9 in favor) it is almost certain the_paul will be lynched today, even with the no voters picking voth it takes 2 switches to force a tie. Are we all sheep who follow willby's first vote like he said we are? we also have two people not showing up at all, and undercut voting for voth, whats up with that?

I had another look at all that's happened since soild's death. And the two things that stand out the most are definitely the role claims of willby and the_paul. After some thought, and I must have totally missed zeebu's post about this earlier when I posted my vote, it indeed seems very unlikely for willby to be an inventor. Since it was confirmed there was also a town doctor in play, and most likely a RB and cop (which tp claimed), wouldn't it be a bit too heavy on the roles? claiming inventor is also about the only role I can imagine that could not easily be refuted since it's a bit of everything. it just suits so many different scenarios.

the_paul must be feeling the weight of all the votes against him to role claim about halfway through the day. willby claims paul is guilty, paul claims he is the town cop. let go into some scenarios here:

what would it mean to lose the town cop at this point? for willby it would mean he is either an insane inventor (is that even a thing?), paul was switched by the busdriver, or willby is not what he says he is at all. losing the cop would also mean losing our ability to investigate as well as protecting.

it's likely that paul is just using the claim as an effort to confuse, but we have to at least consider the consequences.

to clearify, I'm not trying to protect paul in any way and I still think he is scum, but after playing cop last game (my first game) I know what value it has for town to win and we can't afford to lose him this early on.
            BIET is up there on my list due to this post. Midoent acting dumb and doing nothing all game also puts him there. Missa being quiet and careful does as well, because shes not dumb, so I can't easily write her off as just bad at this like I can with someone like Midoent. Rodney is someone I've been looking at since the beginning, so I don't think I need to explain that further. As for Undercut, did he post at all Day 2? I can't remember seeing his name at any point, but maybe I just missed it. Regardless, all the people that were super quiet after WillBy's guilty result on Paul are suspect.

On a positive note, WillBy finding the Mafia Cop is a big deal.

RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Voth bro you shakin in your boots rn?
              Big Chill

Comment

• Let us all not forget this list from Day 1 everyone:

Rodney - 5 (Exalt, Zeebu, field, ixt, Soilderz)
                ixt - 5 (WillBy, Undercut, Missa, midoent, Rodney)

Undercut - 1 (Voth)
                field - 1 (BIET)
                midoent (the_paul)

I think BIET may be scum actually. Whether Voth is or not is another matter, but the_paul would have coached BIET to follow his lead here. BIET also tried to keep Paul alive after the guilty result and fake claim, and he never responded when I questioned him on it. He's not playing the game to win it for town based on what I can tell.

Also, Rodney, sometimes I think I'm mistaken and you aren't scum, but looking at the list of people who voted you Day 1, it looks like a complete town list to me. All the people I am suspect of (besides WillBy obviously) were on ixt or not voting anyone all. Can you explain why that is? I trust Zeebu, field, ixt, and confirmed townie Soilderz (plus myself) more than Undercut, Missa, and Midoent, even with basically confirmed town WillBy on that wagon.

If you are town, can you explain your thoughts on this now that Day 2 is over?

RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• If ur gonna bring up the voting history, the only reason mido might be town is cuz Paul voted for him, but this also might be a play by him to keep mido under the radar. Biet is probably one to prove the most in the upcoming phase why we should trust him. Most likely between under, missa and rodney there is mafia embedded there too

Comment

• WE WILL CARRY ON YOUR LEGACY WILLBY!!

Comment

• Wait...there might be a way for willby to survive, but it's just a theory. U MUST use ur roleblock ability tonight in the hopes of correctly blocking the member attempting to take your life. But, if mafia has something along the lines of a strongman, take what I just said and throw it down the drain

Comment

• Originally posted by ixt View Post
                        Wait...there might be a way for willby to survive, but it's just a theory. U MUST use ur roleblock ability tonight in the hopes of correctly blocking the member attempting to take your life. But, if mafia has something along the lines of a strongman, take what I just said and throw it down the drain
                        Give me a list of 3 mafia members and we'll see what I can do. Gonna have to be a random shot, but hey I got lucky last phase. Also super happy I didn't sit on the_paul and roleblock him tonight. Not much use in blocking the cop!

Comment

• Originally posted by ixt View Post
                          Wait...there might be a way for willby to survive, but it's just a theory. U MUST use ur roleblock ability tonight in the hopes of correctly blocking the member attempting to take your life. But, if mafia has something along the lines of a strongman, take what I just said and throw it down the drain
                          WillBy might not even be targetted at all if he actually is the inventor role he claimed, since I don't think he has another investigation? I think he said he can investigate, protect, and roleblock, but he can only use them once? I guess we'll see what happens.
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post

Give me a list of 3 mafia members and we'll see what I can do. Gonna have to be a random shot, but hey I got lucky last phase. Also super happy I didn't sit on the_paul and roleblock him tonight. Not much use in blocking the cop!

Undercut - 1 (Voth)
                            field - 1 (BIET)

This is my list of potential targets. If it's correct that scum are within those names, then you probably have a 1 in 3 chance of blocking scum. I assume there are 2 scum left, but i guess it's possible there's 3, in which case it's like 50-50. Ultimately up to you what you do regardless, but you asked for people to give names, so there's mine.
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• It would be too obvious to block biet since someone openly stated him to be prime suspect, and if he really is mafia, chances are their team won't use him for the next kill. And exalt u say will might not get targeted? Imo there's only a 10 to 15% chance that will happen, willby has the roleblock ability which could be quite instrumental. But as previously stated, the suspected names have all been stated above, so its up to yourself who u want to take a shot in the dark, as id advise not to chat about this openly unless u want to talk in a private message.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                                Let us all not forget this list from Day 1 everyone:

Undercut - 1 (Voth)
                                field - 1 (BIET)
                                midoent (the_paul)

I think BIET may be scum actually. Whether Voth is or not is another matter, but the_paul would have coached BIET to follow his lead here. BIET also tried to keep Paul alive after the guilty result and fake claim, and he never responded when I questioned him on it. He's not playing the game to win it for town based on what I can tell.

Also, Rodney, sometimes I think I'm mistaken and you aren't scum, but looking at the list of people who voted you Day 1, it looks like a complete town list to me. All the people I am suspect of (besides WillBy obviously) were on ixt or not voting anyone all. Can you explain why that is? I trust Zeebu, field, ixt, and confirmed townie Soilderz (plus myself) more than Undercut, Missa, and Midoent, even with basically confirmed town WillBy on that wagon.

If you are town, can you explain your thoughts on this now that Day 2 is over?
                                tbh i've been wondering this entire time why youre so dead set on me being scum. You over analyzed my entry post to the thread and attempted to crucify me for it and havent let it go. Ixt made a scum move and on Day 1 i trust nobody so of course i vote the guy and try to call him out and get him to slip somehow and in the end keeping my vote on him saved my life so yeah of course thats how my day 1 voting motivation went down. Looking at it now that we have a little more information the day 1 NL could have been completely planned by mafia to stir this shit up after we all talked about how Anti-Town a no lynch was and the fact that The_Paul openly pushed for a NL and was proud of it and then tried to flip it and blame it on others like yourself proves that a NL is a scum move.

Undercut and Voth's little dance at the end of phase is super sus to me, Undercut Voth Biet The_Paul, any of them could have thrown a vote on ixt or myself. If we flip town they become suspects, town has no problem throwing votes on people because we know we have nothing to hide. Scum has to carefully and methodically place their votes as to not become suspects and i'm starting to feel like thats exactly what took place.

I never really thought the_paul Voth Undercut stuck up for me or "defended" me as you made it seem, i got the vibe that they were just looking at the thread as a whole and noticing how unorthodox the wagon on me had formed over nothing, not sure if thats my naive self wanting to be able to trust other players but thats legitimately how i felt. If their plan was to try and align themselves with me in case i was lynched and to not actually hammer vote me themselves so they could try and play it off that they're town and that they were defending a townie well then everyone that voted me would have ended up in the hot seat, an almost exact opposite situation than what we are facing now and could have easily changed the pace of this game in their favor. The soilderz death would have been a smart play by them to pin on me in hopes that another wagon would form on me Day 2 and they would survive another lynch. I immediately thought of this after soilderz death when you again tried to paint me scum because soilderz voted against me.

This was my response after the soilderz death and right when the_paul started throwing accusations
                                (I cant figure out how to quote in a quote dunno if this forum still has that capability so ill just post the quotes in succession)

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                                If I had my way, Rodney would be dead right now, but with Soilderz gone, I'm pretty sure that's an impossible lynch at this point. If he is scum, his buddies won't allow it, and with one less townie around who did actually vote for him, a Day 2 lynch going through is pretty much SOL. It's also pretty much a waste of time. I hope someone else has something worthwhile to vote on, because I tried to get you all to lynch Rodney, and half of you said no. Thing is, nearly everyone in the game has said I look town to them, and Soilderz is now proven town, so that's at least two townies on the wagon I pushed for, You guys saved Rodney and one of his voters died for it, so I hope the townies among you guys know what you're doing.
                                Originally posted by RoDNeY View Post
                                If i was scum on the verge of being lynched why on earth would i paint a target on my back with a night kill like that?
                                Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                                You're playing well and I'm enjoying the banter Exalt, my point was that you and I can go in circles all night without learning anything, it's the lurkers I want to see defend what they did or didn't do.
                                Originally posted by RoDNeY View Post
                                Reading your posts thats exactly what youre doing, talking in circles. There is no substance in any of it, you two are just bickering and twisting each others words back and forth not contributing a damn thing besides bringing up the same conversation that distracted town from pursuing a lynch last phase. You are both guilty of this. Is that your play here paul? Are you trying to distract town? I love how this attack on exalt comes right after the day phase is over and votes cant be changed. Why did you wait until the night phase to start pushing on him? Because you knew you'd be safe?

On a side note i need to start seeing these lurkers speak up with some actual content. We've posted our lists and kept conversation moving, wheres yours? Missa? Biet? Zeebu? Midoent?
                                Big Chill

Comment

Working...
                                X