Mafia: What a time to be alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ixt View Post
    I mentioned previously my ability is xshot and then gave the limitations on when my ability is active. If there's no other power role alive, my skill is useless. And I had already explained why I want to listen to under, but because of rodney's behavior I'm starting to second guess if I even need that answer. Ur post can be understood as still in the defense of rodney and trying to find the smallest cracks in my statements. Besides, according to your post saying "I don't see anything wrong with rodney" u should be questioning exalt on his bold statement, but u gave no heed to it. If Rodney flips scum I guarantee ur in danger next.
    You did not mention the fact about power roles though.. You claimed you were a VANILLA townie with an x-shot, not a VANILLA townie with x-shot that lasts for however long power roles are in the game. You failed to mention this previously, so why do you mention it now? Also, why are you so keen on finding other power roles, considering WillBy is still alive? What exactly makes you nervous in that regard, and why do you feel the need to know if town have more PRs or not?

Speaking of WillBy, what was your night action last night? Did you roleblock or protect, and who was it that you targeted?

As for my stance on Rodney, I think it's pretty obvious. Does everyone in this game literally need to hard claim for other townies to vote on scum? If that's the case, then town's gonna lose.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

You did not mention the fact about power roles though.. You claimed you were a VANILLA townie with an x-shot, not a VANILLA townie with x-shot that lasts for however long power roles are in the game. You failed to mention this previously, so why do you mention it now? Also, why are you so keen on finding other power roles, considering WillBy is still alive? What exactly makes you nervous in that regard, and why do you feel the need to know if town have more PRs or not?

Speaking of WillBy, what was your night action last night? Did you roleblock or protect, and who was it that you targeted?

As for my stance on Rodney, I think it's pretty obvious. Does everyone in this game literally need to hard claim for other townies to vote on scum? If that's the case, then town's gonna lose.
      well u forget day 1 half the people piled on me, I couldn't reveal the full extent of my ability. But yeah as long as willby alive I shouldn't be too worried. I picked up on your tell can't u see me voting for rodney?

Comment

• By the way people...

Final Vote Count Day 1:

Rodney - 5 (Exalt, Zeebu, field, ixt, Soilderz)
        ixt - 5 (WillBy, Missa, Undercut, midoent, Rodney)

Undercut - 1 (Voth)
        midoent - 1 (the_paul)
        field - 1 (BIET)

I know i'm town, but I'll leave that uncolored for now. Soilderz was town. Field was town. Both voted Rodney. Zeebu and ixt are left aside from me, and neither look like the scummiest in the game. Take a look at whose on ixt's wagon and/or not voting at all though. Every single NK seems to point to the same damn direction, so let me ask you all something: Why would scum decline to vote Rodney at all if he were town, while piling up on ixt and/or not voting instead? Can anyone explain to me why scum wouldn't join the Rodney train? Anyone?

RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Missa View Post
          Okay, sorry for the lack of posting. I honestly had no idea things would be this fast paced with posts and such, so I did get massively behind not checking in as often as I should have. I'll definitely stay more on top of things going forward.

That being said, I'm still like.. Really confused and stuck on ixt.

So you're here, claiming you have this ability and you're town since day one, for no real reason. You keep repeatedly posting about it. Now, if you're bulletproof, why are you still trying to get other power roles to come out and talk to you? What do you need from someone? Am I misunderstanding something somewhere? You parade it around and keep saying other powerful town people need to message you -- Why? What for? In one post you say..

But then you say...

So what do you mean? You need a special person to come to you, but oh no, you're not trying to bait anyone out? I'm a little lost. I may have missed a post where you explained your behaviors, but feel free to enlighten me otherwise. I'm really wanting to understand your thought process or what it is you need or think you need..

I don't get any weird vibes from Rodney, really. I'm missing why people are hunting him down. I'm going to reread a few things, but nothing seemed to really stand out to me about him.

I'm also really curious about Voth, considering that last minute vote switch on day one. I feel more confident that Voth was trying to avoid a lynch for sketchy reasons.. So as much as I really feel there is something off about ixt, I am more confident in my opinion on Voth.

HOWEVER.. If that theory holds true, that Voth changed his vote at the last second to avoid lynching ixt... Why protect ixt unless he is your fellow mafia? Or did you have another reason for doing that? Something about waiting to hear from Undercut even though you posted after he did? So I still want to vote ixt, but I feel as though that isn't going to gain traction from others at this time. Voth may not either with this big, mysterious war on Rodney, but here we go.

Vote: Voth
          I know you are new at this, but I would be remiss if I did not point out some obvious scum moves on this post:

1. You think ixt is mafia and I am his scum buddy, and that my day 1 voting issue means we are aligned and I must be the next best thing to voting ixt. It is interesting that you state I wanted a no lynch and it makes me scummy, because if ixt and I were mafia, I could have easily jumped on the Rodney train early without anyone batting an eye and had an innocent (remember, mafia are the INFORMED minority) lynched. Instead, no one was lynched. This might be still sinking in for you, but mafia want to lynch the townies. They need to in order to win. Paul clearly was trying to pull a move opposite of that as a play to gain early town trust, which obviously backfired. If Paul (and ixt, according to you) was my scum buddy and he wanted to make that play, I could have easily blended in with a vote on Rodney and had an innocent lynched, allowing Pauls play to stay alive and the bonus of lynching a townie. If you go back, I did not change my vote last minute, and Undercut voted to tie it up after I unvoted ixt. I have taken responsibility over and over for not getting back online in time to switch my vote, but like I said, phase ended at least an hour earlier than I expected and I am getting blue in the face explaining this over and over.

2. You are either really new and still getting the hang of this, or you are showing some classic mafia logic, but you just shot up near the top of my scum list. I will not throw a shameless retaliatory vote on you at this point, but you have certainly showed your hand a little. This, combined with your extensive lurking all game, makes me really suspicious of you. I may still vote you depending on what I can find by reading back or any new info that comes out.

7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
          Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
          TWLJ Champion Season 11
          TWLB All-Star Season 10
          Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

I was going to look back when ixt was out on blast on Day 1 to search for this, because I did not remember the portion about power roles needing to be alive either. I am going to go back and check again, but that is an issue if he did not mention it and definitely does make it look more like he could be baiting power roles out.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
            TWLJ Champion Season 11
            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

well u forget day 1 half the people piled on me, I couldn't reveal the full extent of my ability. But yeah as long as willby alive I shouldn't be too worried. I picked up on your tell can't u see me voting for rodney?
              OK never mind, saves me some time looking back. Now that it is out there in the open though, do you care to elaborate on this or is it something that may endanger you during a night phase? It looks likely that Willby is a power role for town so you should still be good, assuming you are telling the truth and that Willby did not make a huge play to sacrifice lynch his scum buddy to gain town trust (I do not feel this is the case, just pointing it out).

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

By the way people...

Final Vote Count Day 1:

Rodney - 5 (Exalt, Zeebu, field, ixt, Soilderz)
                ixt - 5 (WillBy, Missa, Undercut, midoent, Rodney)

Undercut - 1 (Voth)
                midoent - 1 (the_paul)
                field - 1 (BIET)

I know i'm town, but I'll leave that uncolored for now. Soilderz was town. Field was town. Both voted Rodney. Zeebu and ixt are left aside from me, and neither look like the scummiest in the game. Take a look at whose on ixt's wagon and/or not voting at all though. Every single NK seems to point to the same damn direction, so let me ask you all something: Why would scum decline to vote Rodney at all if he were town, while piling up on ixt and/or not voting instead? Can anyone explain to me why scum wouldn't join the Rodney train? Anyone?
                You drive a fair point home. I will not even go through my Day 1 shenanigans again, as I have said it all over and over, and even alluded to it again a few posts back. I think it is possible that one of the people who voted Rodney is scum, just keeping the idea alive that someone may have done that to be able to point to that later in the game, but I have no one to suspect of that right now.

The only alternatives I see to what you are saying, and I see it as very unlikely, is that both ixt and Rodney are town, or both ixt and Rodney are mafia. Just to indulge all the possibilities, if they are both town, it seems unlikely because Mafia on day 1 has enough numbers on a 5-5 vote to throw their weight around (carefully) to make sure an innocent is lynched. If they are both mafia, then that directly implicates Undercut for tying the vote up to 5-5. And to be completely fair, you could also make the case that it would implicate me, though that would be a real gamble to unvote ixt in the hope that Undercut would tie it up (unless he is also mafia, which seems impossible because that would mean 5 mafia members in a game of 13). Anyhow, I am throwing these possibilities out there, and as I type them out, it is more and more apparent just HOW unlikely they are.

This brings me back to Exalts point about Rodney. At this point, it seems the most likely to me. And to be completely fair, if Rodney gets lynched and flips town, Missa just put a huge target on her back for next day phase. If any new info comes out this could change, but for now, vote Rodney

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• I mentioned that I had a limit on the extension my role lasts, but did not clarify what, since there wasn't anyone fully to trust at that phase of the game. And voth if willby was scum, he would be doing that play most likely to one of his lowly goons, not the MAFIA COP his source of info. With that play I put my full trust in willby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post

You drive a fair point home. I will not even go through my Day 1 shenanigans again, as I have said it all over and over, and even alluded to it again a few posts back. I think it is possible that one of the people who voted Rodney is scum, just keeping the idea alive that someone may have done that to be able to point to that later in the game, but I have no one to suspect of that right now.

The only alternatives I see to what you are saying, and I see it as very unlikely, is that both ixt and Rodney are town, or both ixt and Rodney are mafia. Just to indulge all the possibilities, if they are both town, it seems unlikely because Mafia on day 1 has enough numbers on a 5-5 vote to throw their weight around (carefully) to make sure an innocent is lynched. If they are both mafia, then that directly implicates Undercut for tying the vote up to 5-5. And to be completely fair, you could also make the case that it would implicate me, though that would be a real gamble to unvote ixt in the hope that Undercut would tie it up (unless he is also mafia, which seems impossible because that would mean 5 mafia members in a game of 13). Anyhow, I am throwing these possibilities out there, and as I type them out, it is more and more apparent just HOW unlikely they are.

This brings me back to Exalts point about Rodney. At this point, it seems the most likely to me. And to be completely fair, if Rodney gets lynched and flips town, Missa just put a huge target on her back for next day phase. If any new info comes out this could change, but for now, vote Rodney
                    u mean flip mafia.

Comment

u mean flip mafia.
                      Indeed, thanks for pointing that out.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                      TWLJ Champion Season 11
                      TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

I mentioned that I had a limit on the extension my role lasts, but did not clarify what, since there wasn't anyone fully to trust at that phase of the game. And voth if willby was scum, he would be doing that play most likely to one of his lowly goons, not the MAFIA COP his source of info. With that play I put my full trust in willby.
                        reposting to emphasize the second part of the section.

Comment

• This game will be very clear if the result is what we are projecting. If not, it got a whole lot more complicated. But chances are the first will happen.

Comment

• Yes, I agree, it is literally an almost certain (99%) statement that Willby is town, and who he says he is. There is always that chance, but I doubt it here.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                            TWLJ Champion Season 11
                            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Whatever he is, he is most definite town unless he pulled off the most believable lie I have ever seen. But judging by a human standpoint through logic and pressure, that's near impossible.

Comment

• I stand with the vote on Rodney to determine some previously named individuals' fates.

Comment

Working...
                                X