Mafia: What a time to be alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post

Vanilla townie claim with an x-shot means you're not a vanilla townie.

And a refusal to hard claim anything doesn't do anyone any good. If you are town, the you've painted a target on your back by saying you have an ability. You also havent given us any reason to believe your claim: no number of shots, no specific ability, nothing to go off. Cap that off with the worst defense: "you're going to regret this" and I'm feeling pretty confident in my vote
    u dont know what my ability does, maybe I WANT to be targeted?

Comment

• Originally posted by ixt View Post

This just doesn't make any sense to me. Why would you ask to be investigated and then role claim so quickly when you weren't even about to be lynched? You didn't have many votes on you and this just drew more attention to you for absolutely no reason. I'm also failing to see a real reason to vote for rodney other than the fact that he voted for willby seemingly out of nowhere. He hasn't had a chance to defend himself yet and this wagon on him is just based on his inactiveness.
      3:Tsunami> under all you really have to do is fine tune that fiddle and stroke the strings harder than you ever have before

RaCka> i could've brought my subspace butthole catalogue

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post
        I notice that in your math you didn?t factor in the all too common panic role claim when someone has votes on them. I get your logic and I appreciate the thought and effort that you put into your post, I just generally and fundamentally disagree (unless someone is a shithead or inactive). I?ve just seen too many people panic when they have votes on them and roleclaim cop or something and basically end the game for us day 1.

I?m not really asking anyone to follow my lead, I?m just explaining the reasoning behind my votes, unless we need to get rid of a lurker and go from there.

That was a good post through Exalt, thanks for the explanation.
        Fair enough. I don't think you're scummy for taking the stance your 'xthat you do. I just disagree with it.

As for the panic role claim when someone has votes on them, what do you think of ixt possibly having done that exact thing?

Oh, and as for panic claiming cop, if I was caught scum that knew I was about to be lynched, I think that's exactly what I'd do. Worst case scenario, I force the counter-claim from the real cop to out them to my scum team, which is a win-win if my team has a roleblocker or strongman to NK them through a doctor. Best case, the real cop is a lurker or an idiot, the town believes me due to no counter, and I claim a false guilty the next day. Once that lynch is through, I claim I must be a paranoid cop or that I must have been busdriven, and I didn't get NK'd because scum must have thought I'd be protected by a doctor. Fake claims are really easy to do as scum, which is why

Originally posted by ixt View Post

Are you saying you're bulletproof? That's the only reason I can think of that could even go with 'vanilla townie x-shot' in any conceivable way except Bomb or Paranoid Gun Owner, both of which would not be called 'vanilla' townie. Regardless, if this is the case, it's awfully convenient for you to claim that due to no counter-claims and an excuse for never dying at night, wouldn't you say? For me, the biggest reason to half-believe you is because of Missa joining your wagon, not because of your own play. You act sketchier and sketchier with each post imo, but I also think that if you were scum, your team would have told you to shut up by now.

Originally posted by Undercut View Post

This just doesn't make any sense to me. Why would you ask to be investigated and then role claim so quickly when you weren't even about to be lynched? You didn't have many votes on you and this just drew more attention to you for absolutely no reason. I'm also failing to see a real reason to vote for rodney other than the fact that he voted for willby seemingly out of nowhere. He hasn't had a chance to defend himself yet and this wagon on him is just based on his inactiveness.
        Well if you don't think Rodney is scum, who do you think is? You are the only one who hasn't voted yet. Why are you being so careful?
        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

When you say I'm coaching ixt, are you implying that I'm his scum buddy? That's an interesting theory you have there. Care to elaborate?

If I am his scum buddy, why would I coach him in this thread, rather than in PMs/Scum chat? Also, why would I acknowledge my scum buddy in public at all, when I could instead ignore him and let town mislynch some random townie instead? For instance, do you have anything to say about Rodney? What do you think of his vote on Willby?.
          Well, it was just a theory. It seems like you're town doing good investigative work, which I have no idea if that could be an act or not. I'm thinking not, considering how much I've learned about how to play from your posts alone! ixt is just.. I don't know. He seems like a fish out of water or like he over extended himself trying to bait people out? I'm unsure. I can't really understand some of his actions or if he's acting like this on purpose? And yeah, good point as to why worry about him when nobody was going that direction until now.

Comment

• Going that direction, like yourself? Voth I'm not giving two fks about cuz I think he just has an enema towards me period. Focus is on will and missa, but as exalt pointed out the first bandwagon was on will, so I guess that helps his townie argument. Rodney had yet to say much, so Rodney, would u like to say anythin buddy?

Comment

Going that direction, like yourself?
              I meant if Exalt was working with you and nobody was voting for you yet because you hadn't basically begged someone to investigate you, why would he have jumped all over you, drawing more attention?

Comment

• Yes Exalt, the panic role claim exactly like ixt did lol. I?m not really sure what prompted him to do that though. Although his vague hints at what his role is make absolutely no sense to me. I?m pretty sure he?s actually probably scum, either that or he?s just a really bad townie. I?m tempted to make a push for him, but it?s probably not worth the risk if he really does have a pro town role. He?s giving me a headache though

I see a lot of people disagree with my no lynch, which makes sense especially given Exalt?s reasoning. I?m still staying pat with my inconsequential vote though, because the only one who?s done anything stupid recently is ixt.
                JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Hey the Paul I'd advise u to reread last games summary to give yourself a bit of background knowledge

Comment

• For what it is worth, ixt did play just as retarded last round and did turn up pro-town, though I had my doubts even going into the game winning lynch.

He is really bad at this game or is honestly amazing at confusing everyone to no end to conceal his scumminess. That being said, if he is a town power role, or a fraction thereof somehow, he will be useful somehow down the road. Interested to see if/how the night target he apparently wants plays out.

My vote on ixt was mostly to pressure him a little because you never know what he might say and we get anlucky scum remark AND to see who would jump on this vote with me.

i agree with Exalt that Missa has been scummy so far, the question being if the ?I am new? shtick she is playing is legitimate or if it is just a nice excuse.

Willby voting for ixt I am not sure about because the fact that he was bandwagoned immediately makes me feel like he is more likely town.

Undercut just chiming in with a post but no no voting action is hugely scummy to me.

Not quite sure what what to do... I am going to go back and re-read the past few pages to see if I can get any
                    more reads.
                    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                    TWLJ Champion Season 11
                    TWLB All-Star Season 10
                    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• PS: sorry, I am writing this on my phone tonight and I know the formatting is not the best

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                      TWLJ Champion Season 11
                      TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• What you did last game doesn?t make any difference to me, honestly. From what Voth said, it sounds like you were on the winning side which is good. If you?re town again, I hope you win 2 in a row. The way you?ve played so far in this game leads me to believe that is unlikely though. We?ll see how everything plays out from here, but I?m having a hard time understanding what you?ve done thus far.
                        JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                        the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• I missed ixt voting willby on the last page. That is interesting for sure. Could he be trying to make it close to possibly protect his scum buddy Rodney? That is, if anyone else defects and votes for Willby.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                          TWLJ Champion Season 11
                          TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• good bullshit, good bullshit. "scum buddy" im loling pretty hard at these unjustified accusations. enjoy!

Comment

good bullshit, good bullshit. "scum buddy" im loling pretty hard at these unjustified accusations. enjoy!
                              Why do you take everything so personally? If you cannot handle being called out, why play mafia?

Also, you voted Willby without any explanation as to why you were voting him. You simply said bandwagons are forming. So why did you just jump on the earliest bandwagon without any explanation?

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                              TWLJ Champion Season 11
                              TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• simple. as i stated earlier i dont feel like giving a thought to u since ur just voicing an enema towards me throughout game so its not my position to guess what u are. in simplicity with the limited amount of info, its "you vote or suspect me i do the likewise" as i voiced in a previous post, willby and missa. as u seemingly looked back at previous dont tell me u missed that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X