Mafia: What a time to be alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post
    So you think my sticking with ixt and encouraging others to do so is defending rodney? Look, just as many people have thrown their votes on rodney, yet no role claim.
    Im not pressuring a role claim from rodney because he hasn't attracted my suspicion (yet). Plenty of others have tried, and neglecting a lucky investigation tonight I'm sure he'll still be on the table next day phase.
    But for now, I'll stick with the bird in hand, and leave the one in the Bush
    people should know that pushing for a role claim is a scummy move, especially on Day 1. It gives free information to mafia to act on in the night phase
    Big Chill

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

The_Paul is in the same boat (although he's at least stated previously he'd vote for a NL), since he's posted a defense of Rodney and an attack on ixt, so I assume both of these players feel strongly enough to commit somewhere. If they both feel Rodney is town and ixt is scum, you'd think it would be fairly simple for a Townie to vote accordingly. I suppose scum might think twice if they already knew alignments though. If Rodney turns out to be scum and ixt town, and they saved Rodney while lynching ixt, they'd likely gain a ton of shit for it. BIET should also be considered scummy if the phase ends with his throwaway joke vote remaining on field.
      Wait a minute, where exactly did I defend Rodney? The guy hadn't even posted anything of substance, and votes just flew on him without any real reasoning. I said it's more than likely that scum could pile on without drawing any attention to themselves, that has nothing to do with Rodney. He's made 1 post that has done nothing to convince me of his position either way. But neither has BIET, but I don't see any votes going in that direction, which is suspicious to say the least. It doesn't appear that the reasoning for the Rodney bandwagon are consistent with BIET, which I find interesting. Rodney may be scum, BIET may be scum, both may be town, but the logic behind the votes for Rodney have holes to me.

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
      Okay, let me get a few things clear first, since he's trying to use me as a lifeline with that latest post. Ixt did message me in game last night, but here was the exchange (summed up, since I can't remember word for word):

2. If ixt is scum, why aren't his teammates telling him to STFU in scum chat? All his teammates would have to do is tell him that he's been constantly drawing negative attention to himself and that he should lay low while Rodney gets pushed. I guess if his teammates were lurkers like BIET, that might not happen, but I'd assume they'd at least try if they were even slightly active.

3. It feels like everyone in the game has piled on ixt after his scummy posts, with no real detractors except Soilderz, a little from Voth repeating what Soilderz said about last game (while still voting for ixt), and now me with my own reasoning. I don't currently suspect Soilderz and Voth to be scum, so it gives me pause to see ixt as scum here. If he is, then he's likely being bussed or at least called scummy by almost everyone in the game
      Just to play Devil's advocate here, who is to say that your scenario laid out in #2 is not currently happening? Ixt "roleclaims" day 1 for no reason and calling attention to himself like crazy, even to the point of asking town cops to investigate/bus him. Then he reaches out to you via private message in a chat, and has since been laying low and diverting attention to Rodney, even going so far as to issue what looks like an agreement with Rodney (which is weird)? BIET has been entirely inactive, nobody votes for him. Undercut has been basically inactive and not added anything of value, nobody votes for him. Rodney has been piled on because he was inactive and made a throwaway vote? Ixt has been throwing roleclaims and investigation demands and theories all over the place, has a conference with someone else in game and roleclaims to them, despite having no idea their allegiance, but is free and clear? Ok.

Rodney may be scum, one of Undercut/BIET is probably scum as well. But again looking at the numbers, it seems more likely to me that the Rodney train got rolling and has kept up its steam to keep the heat off of the other players who should be receiving the votes based off the "logic" behind the votes. I hope town power roles are taking note of who is voting which way on this. With 13 players, the Mafia probably has around 3 members with a neutral party out there wrecking havoc as well. Just something to think about if Biet and Undercut keep flying under the radar.
      JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
      the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Final Vote Count Day 1:

Rodney - 5 (Exalt, Zeebu, field, ixt, Soilderz)
        ixt - 5 (WillBy, Missa, Undercut, midoent, Rodney)

Undercut - 1 (Voth)
        midoent - 1 (the_paul)
        field - 1 (BIET)

Rodney and ixt are tied for lynch, which results in day 1 to end with a no-lynch.

This phase had to end at one point, and I announced it would be this evening. As I don't see a discussion going on right now, I don't think that it'd be worth to further extend this phase.

Begin Night 1

You may talk as you please. Moving on in ~24 hours, or as soon as everyone who has an action has submitted it to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by fiS
          Current Vote Count:

Rodney - 5 (Exalt, Zeebu, field, ixt, Soilderz)
          ixt - 5 (WillBy, Missa, midoent, Rodney, Undercut)
          field - 1 (BIET)
          midoent - 1 (the_paul)
          Undercut - 1 (Voth)
          Above is the updated vote count, since we have less than two hours until phase change and I want to make sure we are all on the same page.

ixt has roleclaimed bulletproof vanilla townie, and I do not think he should be lynched today. I believe his claim for now.
          WillBy spoke about how scummy ixt has played (so did almost everyone), and I agree. Now I just think he was being a newb. Between scummy play of possible BP VT or potential scum? I think going with rodney will give us more information, and is safer than lynching a bulletproof. His defense of himself was weak. My vote is going to stay for now.

I hope ixt learned that role claiming on day 1 with no heat, while attempting to bait out cop, is not only a newbie move, but also very scummy. It is scummy because it helps the mafia, not town.

Analyzing the most recent vote changes, Voth is the only one who hopped off the ixt train, leaving rodney with the lead.
          Undercut tied the votes again.

Undercut, is there any reason why you are pushing for a no lynch, right after you said the following: "All that being said, I am with exalt on a day one lynch will probably provide us with some kind of info rather than waiting a day and getting nothing out of a scum kill"?
          This obvious contradiction in words and action makes me want to lynch rodney so that we can learn more info about undercut and others.

And that brings us to voth. Earlier in the game, voth said: "he (ixt) is playing a little different kind of moronic compared to last game. He later contradicts himself by saying "ixt did play just as retarded last round and did turn up pro-town." Why the contradiction Voth? Is ixt playing the same as he did last game, or is he playing differently?

Lastly, the following post by the_paul stood out for me, in particular the underlined part:

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
          Yes Exalt, the panic role claim exactly like ixt did lol. I?m not really sure what prompted him to do that though. Although his vague hints at what his role is make absolutely no sense to me. I?m pretty sure he?s actually probably scum, either that or he?s just a really bad townie. I?m tempted to make a push for him, but it?s probably not worth the risk if he really does have a pro town role. He?s giving me a headache though

I see a lot of people disagree with my no lynch, which makes sense especially given Exalt?s reasoning. I?m still staying pat with my inconsequential vote though, because the only one who?s done anything stupid recently is ixt.
          What are you worried about tp? What risk?
          The above is too careful, too afraid, and too calculating, and that's not a town mindset.
          Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• double posted with fish rip
            Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Are you asking me what the risk is when it comes to lynching someone who has claimed a pro town power role? Or powerish role... whatever you would call what he claimed. If you?re trying to paint me with a bad brush because I mentioned the danger of lynching someone who claimed pro town day 1, go for it.

There are 13 players in this game, this will not be a long drawn out affair with the chance to make up for our mistakes. There are probably not many power roles in a game of 13. If we want to win, we need to be cautious and calculating. If you don?t think that?s a town mindset, then I guess I really don?t know what to tell you.

We we did not lynch day 1, which is what I wanted but I understand many of you did not. It?s time for our power roles to go to work and point us in the right direction.

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Comment

• Just woke up not too long ago since Asia time, would like to offer some thoughts (if its worth anything)

undercut-probably the scummiest play from last day development: u first state ur fine with either myself or rodney, but then slap a vote on me with the only given reason in response to voth "getting off a bandwagon, then ill join it" I may have not said it accurately 100 percent but that's ur intention in a nutshell. Relation to rodney as Rodney would be the leading voter?

Missa and zeebu-as both did not post much to go off of, hard to pinpoint their intentions. But as their votes r one not against and one against, zeebu seems pro town for the moment here.

Rodney-him being able to give an analysis of the info at hand (although not to the level of exalt) appears to me more pro-town, however as people previously stated many people went for me rather than himself leaves questions to be answered.

Midoent-in our brief exchange, I decided to set u aside since compared to ur behavior as a mafia goon, u appear more willing to talk and the logic of "host may want to jumble up the roles game to game" seemed ok to me. But as u reverted back to vote me, I can have second guesses to my first perspective.

The_paul- as mentioned by field, I also was aware of that brief statement that he said "not worth the risk if he turns pro town" if ur town oriented, why would u care if I'm wrongly lynched, defending urself is the idea isn't it? But his good side is not voting for me, creating not a tie and just simply losing a VT. but this move could be read in opposite logic...he's scared to vote for me to draw attention to himself. That's also up for debate.

Comment

• we allowed to talk during night? da fuk i know i havent played a tw forum mafia in a while but never had this mechanic before

We needed a lynch day 1 and now we have no leads to go off... I have my eyes on those who kept votes off to the side as to not bring attention to themselves and who contributed to this no lynch
                  Biet, The_Paul, Voth all guilty of this

also super sus to those who dropped their vote PAGES ago and then never returned to the conversation in an attempt to hide in the shadows, theyre aware that the more they post the more chances to accidentally slip and reveal something

Big Chill

Comment

• Originally posted by ixt View Post
                    The_paul- as mentioned by field, I also was aware of that brief statement that he said "not worth the risk if he turns pro town" if ur town oriented, why would u care if I'm wrongly lynched, defending urself is the idea isn't it? But his good side is not voting for me, creating not a tie and just simply losing a VT. but this move could be read in opposite logic...he's scared to vote for me to draw attention to himself. That's also up for debate.
                    You gave people 100 reasons to vote for you. If I wanted to hide in the shadows, I would have voted for you and lynched you and nobody would have batted an eye at it. And no, the idea is not to protect myself. Contrary to popular belief, this is a team game. If one pro town stays alive, we all win. If one mafia stays alive, they all win. It's that simple, if there is something I can do to further the town cause, I'll do it, even if it puts a target on my back. Otherwise we'll just have a bunch of undercut's and BIET's in this game along with you, wouldn't that be a wild ride?

The only reason that I somewhat care if you get lynched is because you're (allegedly) at least some sort of town power role. I shouldn't have to explain that, while losing a town power role (alleged) is also bad, you made it so easy for everybody to doubt you that there would be hardly anything to learn if you turned up to be a townie.

Leave it to Rodney to post twice all day, and then come out of the woodworks right when night phase starts. Also ironic that the 2 people who would have been lynched are both pointing fingers at me, there's something else to keep an eye on. Wonder if Rodney is actually active during night phase to get his action in? Food for thought..

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post

You gave people 100 reasons to vote for you. If I wanted to hide in the shadows, I would have voted for you and lynched you and nobody would have batted an eye at it. And no, the idea is not to protect myself. Contrary to popular belief, this is a team game. If one pro town stays alive, we all win. If one mafia stays alive, they all win. It's that simple, if there is something I can do to further the town cause, I'll do it, even if it puts a target on my back. Otherwise we'll just have a bunch of undercut's and BIET's in this game along with you, wouldn't that be a wild ride?

The only reason that I somewhat care if you get lynched is because you're (allegedly) at least some sort of town power role. I shouldn't have to explain that, while losing a town power role (alleged) is also bad, you made it so easy for everybody to doubt you that there would be hardly anything to learn if you turned up to be a townie.

Leave it to Rodney to post twice all day, and then come out of the woodworks right when night phase starts. Also ironic that the 2 people who would have been lynched are both pointing fingers at me, there's something else to keep an eye on. Wonder if Rodney is actually active during night phase to get his action in? Food for thought..
                      don't know where in my post do u consider me pointing a finger at u above undercut but if u want to take it that way its fine by me.

Comment

• But ur first paragraph seems reasonable enough so ill give u the benefit of the doubt

Comment

• I?m rereading the part of your post directed at me, and can?t see how it?s anything but a condemnation of me, but whatever works

Comment

• Sorry guys, had family in town this weekend staying with us. Weekends are tough, shoulda made more of an effort to be active

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• I should have said something about my weekend activity, I would have pushed for the phase to be extended. As it is we wasted an opportunity since a no lynch isn?t that useful.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• That no lynch is a bummer. I will admit, my switch off of ixt is because I was concerned that we may actually be lynching a townie with a slight power, but I did not intend to cause a no-Lynch. If unvoting ixt at the time I did would have caused a tie, I would have decided to either stay on ixt or voted Rodney instead so that there was not a no Lynch. I did think Undercut would have been a solid guess for a scum lynch, but looks like no one was interested in voting that way with me.

I cant recall who asked me about my comments about ixt and his play style last game and this game. But the answer is that generally speaking, he is playing the same way. However, he does seem to be even more extreme with his erratic and agitated behavior this round.

Next day phase will be another tough one, barring any solid results coming out from the night phase.
                                7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                                Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                                TWLB All-Star Season 10
                                Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Working...
                                X