No announcement yet.

Mafia: What a time to be alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After a long undicided day, a long night has passed, too.
    What would happen? The only thing for sure was: something was in the air, something would happen.

As soon as the first sun lights started to hit our small village, there were screams.
    One could feel the fear and panic that was now in the air, just as the sun began rising.

The people of the village gathered around a dead body covered in his own blood. Damn, so that's how it goes.
    After taking a closer look, full of disgust, there was only one option who that dead dude was:
    It was Soilderz, the Town's Doctor.

Now's the chance to revenge whoever was responsible for the Doctors death!
    Rumours are that there'll be another chance to lynch someone in around ~48 hours.

Day 2 begins.

Comment

• I am about to head back into the office so I only skimmed your post, so I appreciate apologize in advance Exalt but I will read the whole thing and respond better when I get home.

From the parts I read about trying to find scum on day 1, it was like pulling the teeth to get anyone to even post. I am suspicious of both Rodney and ixt, but like I said in my original post, not enough to kill one of them. Maybe things will change after results from night phase. I also need to go back and find the other people who hinted that I was scum for no lynching, and then turned and did the same thing. Like I said, I remember you because you?ve been active (and the whole weird scenario with ixt).

The people who who voted for Rodney and ixt have marginal information, and that?s being generous. There are maybe subtle clues people could take as scummy, especially in ixt?s case, but there is nothing concrete yet. That being said, why did all of the other people who said they would definitely lynch not switch votes? You have inside information on ixt allegedly, ok fine let?s roll with that. There is a reason for you to not switch your vote for a lynch, why didn?t the other 4 on Rodney switch to ixt, or vice versa?

Unfortunately this part part of the game has turned into you and me dominating the conversation and blaming each other. Don?t take this the wrong way, but I?m not interested in hearing from you (and I?m sure you?re not interested in hearing from me) anymore. I understand what you?re saying about why you voted the way you did, whether I agree with it or not. I do not understand why the other 4 people on ixt and the 5 on Rodney voted the way they did, because you?re the only one who has to defend their position so far.

(You?re playing well and I?m enjoying the banter Exalt, my point was that you and I can go in circles all night without learning anything, it?s the lurkers I want to see defend what they did or didn?t do.)
      JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
      the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• God damnit I was posting during phase change. I?ll have a legitimate post and a full response to Exalt?s post in a couple hours.

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Comment

• Originally posted by fiS View Post

Now's the chance to revenge whoever was responsible for the Doctors death!
          Struggeling here: is it "to revenge" or "to avenge"? Anyway, I hope ya'll get what I mean.
          Don't interpret too much into the writeups, anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by fiS View Post

Struggeling here: is it "to revenge" or "to avenge"? Anyway, I hope ya'll get what I mean.
            Don't interpret too much into the writeups, anyway.

At work so not going super into detail on the nights events, but I'd go with "avenge", fis. Use revenge as a noun, as in "a chance to seek revenge for the doctors death"

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post
              You have inside information on ixt allegedly, ok fine let?s roll with that. There is a reason for you to not switch your vote for a lynch, why didn?t the other 4 on Rodney switch to ixt, or vice versa?
              Just to make things 100% crystal clear, I do not have inside information on ixt. I posted the summary of what was said in-game, nearly word for word on my part. I didn't see any reason to hide it, and he's not confirmed town to me in any way/shape/form. I just don't see him as scummier than other players in this game. I assume there's at least 3 scum, so he quite possibly could be one of them, but he's certainly not my focus right now if he is.

Soilderz seemed to agree with me, and he unfortunately is now dead. That leaves Voth and I as the only two players who seemed to defend ixt over Rodney. Hmm... I wonder where scum were going with that NK.... /sarcasm. If ixt is scum, he just fucked himself over by getting rid of one of his only defenders, and if the assumption was that it makes him look more townie in the process, he's about to be proven wrong on all counts. If he is town, then it's pretty damn obvious what scum just did there. I don't know what he is, but I'm not voting for him today.

Also, we now don't have a doctor to protect anyone who gives night action information, so if your justification for the No Lynch was so that town can make better choices by giving night actions, you've just seen empirical evidence as to why that justification was wrong.

RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Well, shit. Soilderz, you will be revenged (sorry fis)!

I think it is 'clear' who are the main suspects this day are. I have undercut, the_paul, and voth right at the top for their voting shenanigans, but I'd like to hear from some other angles.

Comment

• Like I said earlier, a no lynch isnt preferred because we dont learn nearly as much. my vote for rodney was certainly an early rvs vote that ended up riding through the phase since i was afk the entire time. that being said he developed into a candidate that gave off mild scum vibes when he jumps on the willby wagon immediately. then a long post and votes ixt. a couple posts later he gives out what i would consider good advice. He then basically calls me out which is fair since i voted in rvs and left for a while. overall im not getting a huge scum vibe from him.

thats my read on rodney for right now, got busy today but want to do something like this for everyone as soon as i can

i wanted to do one right now for ixt to understand the rodney vs ixt day 1 tie, but its going to take a while since his posts are a gigantic ball of paranoid confusion. i am going to have to go through his posts with a beer in hand.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• If I had my way, Rodney would be dead right now, but with Soilderz gone, I'm pretty sure that's an impossible lynch at this point. If he is scum, his buddies won't allow it, and with one less townie around who did actually vote for him, a Day 2 lynch going through is pretty much SOL. It's also pretty much a waste of time. I hope someone else has something worthwhile to vote on, because I tried to get you all to lynch Rodney, and half of you said no. Thing is, nearly everyone in the game has said I look town to them, and Soilderz is now proven town, so that's at least two townies on the wagon I pushed for, You guys saved Rodney and one of his voters died for it, so I hope the townies among you guys know what you're doing.
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                      I think your analysis is fair, but only based on the information you currently know. The shade you're throwing on me with this is technically justified based on that information, but I'm hoping it will eventually be proven to be hasty judgement based on false assumptions.
                      Ok, I get what you're saying here and I even addressed it my post, where I said I believe there's more to the ixt conversation than you've told us, and that I don't expect you to reveal everything. At this point it's very clear that you know ixt's exact (alleged) role, as he used you as a lifeline. Ok, fine. Amateur move to roleclaim day 1, both in public and in private, but believable.

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                      Just to make things 100% crystal clear, I do not have inside information on ixt. I posted the summary of what was said in-game, nearly word for word on my part. I didn't see any reason to hide it
                      So which one is it? You either have more information on ixt, or you don't. Just like you're either going to push for a lynch, or you're not. Also, your reasoning for being town is that Soilderz "seemed to trust" you, and since he's town you obviously are too? You're too good a player to believe that this is any kind of evidence, but I can't let anyone read that without realizing how disingenuous it is. It's interesting that, despite having posted probably the most out of anyone in the game, you've been very careful to be non commital on everything. Say you're going to lynch, don't do it. Say you have information on ixt that he revealed in private, then say you really don't and you told us everything. I don't know if that makes you definitively scum, but it certainly makes you unreliable at best. It'll be interesting to see if we get information from any power roles today.

To everyone else, pay close attention to how the voting goes from here. I'm going to start looking at how the 2 wagons formed day 1, and maybe we'll see a pattern with people other than Exalt. Hopefully I have time to finish it before I have to leave.

Comment

• So I don't have as much time as I thought, so I won't attempt to dissect the whole slew of night phase posts, but I'm going to throw my vote around a little bit, hopefully get some people talking. While I still think Ixt is a good lynch, I'm currently going to focus my efforts on one of my good friends.

Vote the_paul

Paul has been talking quite a bit, but mostly trying to defend his no-lynch platform. Personally, I don't think there needs to be a defense. I've seen games go both ways with day-1 lynches, and while I agree with Exalt that a day 1 lynch is normally better for town, I don't think no-lynching is inherently a scum move.
                        What Pauly D hasn't been doing is effectively hunting scum OR giving us reason to to think he isn't. So until we hear a role claim, I encourage others to join my vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post

Ok, I get what you're saying here and I even addressed it my post, where I said I believe there's more to the ixt conversation than you've told us, and that I don't expect you to reveal everything. At this point it's very clear that you know ixt's exact (alleged) role, as he used you as a lifeline. Ok, fine. Amateur move to roleclaim day 1, both in public and in private, but believable.

So which one is it? You either have more information on ixt, or you don't. Just like you're either going to push for a lynch, or you're not. Also, your reasoning for being town is that Soilderz "seemed to trust" you, and since he's town you obviously are too? You're too good a player to believe that this is any kind of evidence, but I can't let anyone read that without realizing how disingenuous it is. It's interesting that, despite having posted probably the most out of anyone in the game, you've been very careful to be non commital on everything. Say you're going to lynch, don't do it. Say you have information on ixt that he revealed in private, then say you really don't and you told us everything. I don't know if that makes you definitively scum, but it certainly makes you unreliable at best. It'll be interesting to see if we get information from any power roles today.

To everyone else, pay close attention to how the voting goes from here. I'm going to start looking at how the 2 wagons formed day 1, and maybe we'll see a pattern with people other than Exalt. Hopefully I have time to finish it before I have to leave.
                          First of all, why are you asking me ' which one is it' when I've stated multiple times now that I do not have inside information about ixt. My read on him is based on intuition and experience, along with how the game has gone. I never once said I had inside information, nor did I ever imply it. You must have read into it that way, but you'd be wrong to do so. Either this shows you are bad at reading between the lines, because you only seem to look when there's nothing there to see (and dont look when there is), or you are purposely misinterpreting what ive said to misrepresent me in a negative light.

As for 'saying I'm going to lynch,' I tried. I tried pretty damn extensively to get Rodney lynched. In fact, I would quicklynch Rodney right this very second if I could, and if he flipped town, I'd accept the heat for it without any hesitation. Rodney is being protected by scum, and possibly you are one of them.

Your lame claim that I didnt lynch someone (as if the lynch was my decision alone) and that I am non-committal is an absolute joke, and it's beyond hypocritical. You didn't vote at all, didnt scum hunt at all, didn't post a scum list at all, didn't do absolutely anything to help town in any way, yet you call me non-committal for hard-pushing a lynch that was ever so clearly denied by some of scummiest players in the game.

From what I can tell, Rodney was and is being protected by scum. As for you, you've purposely hurt town and continue to do so, you protected Rodney through the NL, protected him through defending him directly (which I quoted before and can do so again), protected him by attacking ixt and pushing others to vote there instead, and now protect him via chainsaw defense through proxy of attacking me and my motivations using misrepresentation of the facts. If Rodney flips scum, you are next, just so you know.
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Wait a minute, I'm accused of defending Rodney now? If saying you don't have any evidence is defending Rodney, then I guess I am guilty of that. Meanwhile, you have very clearly implied that you have extra information about ixt, there is a quote from you a couple of posts above if you need a refresher. After you had this conversation with ixt, you went out of your way to defend him, but try to deflect that by pointing more fingers at me? On top of that, Willby has contributed literally nothing of any sort of substance whatsoever until now. What prompted his new found activity? I posted calling you out. His reasoning for voting me? I haven't definitively outed anyone as scum. On day 2. A fact shared by the other 12 players. What makes me different than the other 12 players is that I am the only one who has made any case against Exalt.

So since Exalt loves numbers, lets try this one again and see if he ignores math for a 2nd time. 13 players means ~3/4 mafia members. Ixt has a wagon forming on him. Exalt sticks his neck out for Ixt, and wavers on the reasoning behind it, but succeeds in derailing it. Despite considering a no-lynch a "scum move", and despite saying it is worth it to lynch a town role to gain information, he does not follow through and saves someone who blindly "role claimed" to him on Day 1.

I post calling Exalt and ixt out again, and Willby comes out of left field by voting for me, citing the fact that I hadn't definitively nailed any scum. Neither has anyone else Willby, what makes me different? Why don't the 3 of you try to come up with an explanation as to why you're so gung ho on defending each other?

In addition, 2 other people placed inconsequential votes, and neither of you have said a word about Voth or BIET. I wonder why that is? So in a game of 3-4 anti town members we have a group of 3 who are defending each other in the face of actual quotes that can cast doubt, and are trying to scapegoat me for not having nailed anyone yet, and for not having lynched anyone. When I get lynched today, or inevitably get killed at night tonight, here is the list of names that you all wanted so badly: Exalt, Willby, ixt, BIET, Voth. One of them is probably guilty of being circumstantially involved, but 3 of them have done nothing but defend each other and deflect attention off each other, and BIET and voth have been completely ignored despite meeting their "criterea" for voting me.

Vote IXT

Exalt only stuck his neck out when ixt got thrown into the fire, and Willby only finally spoke up and said something because Exalt was being looked at. This leads me to believe that ixt has the more impactful mafia role in comparison to willby and exalt.

Remember what I said about patterns right before the phase changed, when I started questioning Exalt? That didn't take long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                              If I had my way, Rodney would be dead right now, but with Soilderz gone, I'm pretty sure that's an impossible lynch at this point. If he is scum, his buddies won't allow it, and with one less townie around who did actually vote for him, a Day 2 lynch going through is pretty much SOL. It's also pretty much a waste of time. I hope someone else has something worthwhile to vote on, because I tried to get you all to lynch Rodney, and half of you said no. Thing is, nearly everyone in the game has said I look town to them, and Soilderz is now proven town, so that's at least two townies on the wagon I pushed for, You guys saved Rodney and one of his voters died for it, so I hope the townies among you guys know what you're doing.
                              If i was scum on the verge of being lynched why on earth would i paint a target on my back with a night kill like that?

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                              You're playing well and I'm enjoying the banter Exalt, my point was that you and I can go in circles all night without learning anything
                              Reading your posts thats exactly what youre doing, talking in circles. There is no substance in any of it, you two are just bickering and twisting each others words back and forth not contributing a damn thing besides bringing up the same conversation that distracted town from pursuing a lynch last phase. You are both guilty of this. Is that your play here paul? Are you trying to distract town? I love how this attack on exalt comes right after the day phase is over and votes cant be changed. Why did you wait until the night phase to start pushing on him? Because you knew you'd be safe?

On a side note i need to start seeing these lurkers speak up with some actual content. We've posted our lists and kept conversation moving, wheres yours? Missa? Biet? Zeebu? Midoent?

Big Chill

Comment

• Wow, that is a huge loss for Town. I have to get my kid to bed soon and then help my wife with something for work, but I will post detailed thoughts either later tonight or tomorrow.
                                7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                                Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                                TWLB All-Star Season 10
                                Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Working...
                                X