No announcement yet.

Mafia: What a time to be alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• of course with the limited amount of info at hand is more inclination to believe willby. but if paul flips a goon and we have no more protective roles, this business will get exponentially more difficult as if we go with willby's lead one thing's for certain: paul isnt the godfather.

Comment

• and fuck...im getting a little po'd by field and missa. previous excuses for lurkers were "oh it was the weekend so was busy". if either of u fail to post before the phase ends, probably will go in lynch order field-missa or missa-field idc.

Comment

• Originally posted by ixt View Post
        now this is a different set of events. from my amateur read exalt and thepaul had a mutual friendly discussion among themselves, i mean sure doubting each other but not directly making bold accusations. but contrary, willby is probably making the boldest move of the phase so far. how will the others read this move? potential side with exalt? or just a willby vs thepaul matter? first move this day worth debating
        Mutual friendly discussion? Did you miss my post where I said Rodney is being protected by scum, and that the_paul is probably one of them? Read it carefully:

Originally posted by Exalt View Post

First of all, why are you asking me ' which one is it' when I've stated multiple times now that I do not have inside information about ixt. My read on him is based on intuition and experience, along with how the game has gone. I never once said I had inside information, nor did I ever imply it. You must have read into it that way, but you'd be wrong to do so. Either this shows you are bad at reading between the lines, because you only seem to look when there's nothing there to see (and dont look when there is), or you are purposely misinterpreting what ive said to misrepresent me in a negative light.

As for 'saying I'm going to lynch,' I tried. I tried pretty damn extensively to get Rodney lynched. In fact, I would quicklynch Rodney right this very second if I could, and if he flipped town, I'd accept the heat for it without any hesitation. Rodney is being protected by scum, and possibly you are one of them.

Your lame claim that I didnt lynch someone (as if the lynch was my decision alone) and that I am non-committal is an absolute joke, and it's beyond hypocritical. You didn't vote at all, didnt scum hunt at all, didn't post a scum list at all, didn't do absolutely anything to help town in any way, yet you call me non-committal for hard-pushing a lynch that was ever so clearly denied by some of scummiest players in the game.

From what I can tell, Rodney was and is being protected by scum. As for you, you've purposely hurt town and continue to do so, you protected Rodney through the NL, protected him through defending him directly (which I quoted before and can do so again), protected him by attacking ixt and pushing others to vote there instead, and now protect him via chainsaw defense through proxy of attacking me and my motivations using misrepresentation of the facts. If Rodney flips scum, you are next, just so you know.

Originally posted by WillBy View Post

Yeah, and its the_paul. I guess since nobody else has decided to bite, I'll clarify and probably throw the game (but you guys did first!)

I'm the townie inventor, though it reads more like an adapted joat. I can investigate, protect, and roleblock, but will have to create new ones. After I use them. I used investigate last night on tp and got guilty. This is reliable info, unless there was a bus driver, which seems unlikely as I dont think fis likes those.

So, while I'd love to lynch ixt today, we've got one in the bag right now. Sorry paul, I missed playing with you. For what it's worth, i was hoping youd be innocent. Then soilderz died, and I decided to not instantly roleclaim.

while this move may very well cost me my life, I think it's the best play for now. Assuming 4 scum, if we can reduce it down to 3 early on, we can buy ourselves a lot of time.

This is all I needed to see. I thought you might have had something to go on WillBy, seeing as you voted him almost immediately, but I'm not doubting the role claim like others seem to want to do. There's literally no reason for it if you were scum, since Paul was already extremely sketchy by his own play alone. A guilty result and roleclaim takes the cake for me.

VOTE: the_paul

Also, I'd like to REITERATE once again that I am near certain that scum were and are protecting Rodney, meaning Rodney is scum. I'm willing to stake my own lynch on that, assuming I don't die to an NK. If I do die to an NK, feel free to use my flip as proof of what I just said. I said it previously, and I'm saying it again for the future. Take this as you will.
        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post
          Also, I've been waiting for someone else to bring this up, and nobody has yet. I could wait for the experience to notice it, but that seems to be a lost cause at this point. Anybody want to present any theories why there was only 1 kill last night? Did the kill come from mafia? Vigi? Usually the writing for serial killers is a little different, but is this on the table? Should we talk about this, or would we rather bandwagon based on trust?

I'll be gone for the day, hopefully some actual discussion happens outside of Exalt and ixt.

By the way, look at scum try to blatently role fish lol
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post

oh, you meant you were suspicious of the_paul and willby's roleclaim, which you believe, is confirming your suspicion. got it, sorry.

like i said before, i had a strong feeling either exalt or the_paul were mafia. and here we have an extremely risky move from an experienced player/host, so i'm going with it since it's the only information we have to work off of at this point. like i also said before, if this doesn't work out, we know exactly where to go from here.
            Are you scum Voth? Why are you trying to link me with the_paul's flip? Him flipping scum doesn't confirm me as town, neither does him flipping town confirm me as scum. It's completely unrelated actually. Are you trying to set up successive lynches?

Also, if we are going to go this route, you are by far the closest tied player to the_paul outside of Rodney, considering you and him both forced a No Lynch. You unvoted ixt, yet you refused to vote Rodney. If Rodney does flip scum, you are basically the next on the chopping block, same as I said previously to the_paul. Since Paul is going before Rodney, I'm replacing you in that spot.

Simply put, your unvote at the last second was extremely scummy, and since everyone claims you are an amazing mafia player, it's pretty obvious that you almost certainly knew what you were doing. Your vote aligns with that of Paul's, assuming he is really scum, and I've been on his case for the No Lynch result all Day 2. Now it's your turn, because you did the exact same thing he did.
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

Are you scum Voth? Why are you trying to link me with the_paul's flip? Him flipping scum doesn't confirm me as town, neither does him flipping town confirm me as scum. It's completely unrelated actually. Are you trying to set up successive lynches?

Also, if we are going to go this route, you are by far the closest tied player to the_paul outside of Rodney, considering you and him both forced a No Lynch. You unvoted ixt, yet you refused to vote Rodney. If Rodney does flip scum, you are basically the next on the chopping block, same as I said previously to the_paul. Since Paul is going before Rodney, I'm replacing you in that spot.

Simply put, your unvote at the last second was extremely scummy, and since everyone claims you are an amazing mafia player, it's pretty obvious that you almost certainly knew what you were doing. Your vote aligns with that of Paul's, assuming he is really scum, and I've been on his case for the No Lynch result all Day 2. Now it's your turn, because you did the exact same thing he did.
              I love the tenacity, but maybe go back and re-read. If your reading comprehension serves you well, you will notice that I was pointing out that with you and Paul going at each other like you have, I do not see a way around one of you being scum unless it was all a painstaking ruse, which I highly doubt.

And in case you were not clear on which side of the fence I landed on, especially given Willbys information, just reference my vote.

I know you are a smart guy and I respect that, but maybe save the bullying for those who will flounder under it, because I will not. And for the record, as long as this lynch works out as willby says, I am happy
              to say that you are 90% town.
              7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
              Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10
              Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• For the record, my point was that between the two of you, one of you is likely mafia, and I think I made it clear who I think is.
                7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10
                Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Unless anyone has any actual results that can dispute willbys claims I see know real reason to not believe him. If hes wrong we lynch him tomorrow. Unless the Paul comes up with some godly rebuttal that negates willbys claim.

this is the first actual night result that points toward scum and half of you debated on it. Voth mainly seemed super hesitant to act on it and had to be persuaded. Did he notice there was no point in fighting the results and that he had to jump on before it looked like he was protecting his scum buddy?

also I'm still confused at exalts hard on for me and his thought process that me and the Paul are in cahoots. Willby and undercut said the same things as the Paul did about the bandwagon on me but yet only he is being referenced to it and the fact that I keep getting brought up with him is really starting to sound like scum manipulation. I wont refute the fact that this could be willbys way of gaining town trust early on as scum but night actions trump all and to not follow the only lead we have would be foolish.

Unvote Missa
                  vote the paul

typing this on mobile fuckin sucks

Big Chill

Comment

• vote: the_paul

In my opinion, there has been a lot of scum tells since day 1 and especially during night phase discussion and subsequent day discussion. Enough to at least pressure the_paul, but it seems WillBy has come out, roleclaimed, and confirmed tp as scum.

The biggest scum tell in my opinion is tp's insistence that Exalt and others on rodney train WANTED a no lynch since they didn't switch to ixt. He misses the obvious reason why none of us switched... ixt claimed bulletproof townie and you want town to risk lynching a powerful role that cannot be killed at night on day 1, instead of lynching someone giving off scum vibes?! This is just a huge distraction and something scum would do.

Second huge scum tell amidst the walls of text that tp put up: inherent guiltiness. tp seemed to pre-emptively defend himself and ask a lot of questions.

Also, lots of strawman (purposefully misrepresenting Exalt's positions).

I am confident in this vote. Furthermore,

Originally posted by the_paul
                    Are you asking me what the risk is when it comes to lynching someone who has claimed a pro town power role? Or powerish role... whatever you would call what he claimed. If you?re trying to paint me with a bad brush because I mentioned the danger of lynching someone who claimed pro town day 1, go for it.
                    No, I was asking why were you afraid of going after ixt?
                    Seems you had reservations about lynching claimed power role in the above post, yet at start of day 2 you seemingly disregarded your earlier reservations and voted for ixt.

In my opinion, town players do not care if they appear scummy in the thread. ixt played so scummy on day 1, yet I think he is town. Enough to disregard him this day and focus on someone else.
                    But scum players try to avoid heat, and your initial post (which I quoted previously) was an example of that.

Originally posted by Voth
                    I'll start with myself. Like I explained before, I expected that day phase to go at least an hour longer than it did, and I did login to check votes and see if anyone had went for Undercut with me, but phase had changed already. Like I said, if I managed to login before the phase change, I would have made an on the fly decision to cast a deciding vote on ixt or rodney. I was not trying to "stay out of" anything, I actually believe that Undercut is scummy as hell and I was much less sure about both ixt and Rodney. As I said before, I'm totally fine with people calling me out for this as from an outside perspective, it looks horrible, and I would do the same thing if I saw anyone else pull the same move. It's fair, and I understand it, but I'm just providing my explanation for what happened on my end.
                    You say here if you managed to login you would've voted for ixt or rodney.

Who would you have voted for, if you did manage to login?

ixt at the moment is off my radar only because I'm sure that a town power role did something to help corroborate his roleclaim last night...I hope so anyway. If we could get reasonable assurance that our only person to come out and roleclaim is actually town, then the rest of the town could rally around him. Now, there's the chance that no one did anything, or that they were blocked, or that ixt is scum. And if someone did something last night, they may be keeping their cards hidden because if they are a cop, they don't know their mental status, etc yet. Lord knows that he has acted about as scummy as it gets so far this game. But I do not believe I'm voting for him today, barring any new information coming out.
                    The job of town is to find scum, not confirm townies.
                    I'm curious why you think a town PR would have targeted ixt to confirm him as town instead of targeting someone else and finding scum?

The bottom line is we don't have any other information to work off of as of now. Does anyone want to come out and refute what Willby is saying based off something that they know from last night? If not, I'm inclined to vote for the_paul, and of course, we know who to go after if he flips town. This is a huge risk for Willby to take, which makes me lean towards believing him.
                    Why are you fishing for town PR?

If someone can contradict WillBy, they would've done so out of their own volition, don't you think?
                    Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by ixt View Post
                      and fuck...im getting a little po'd by field and missa. previous excuses for lurkers were "oh it was the weekend so was busy". if either of u fail to post before the phase ends, probably will go in lynch order field-missa or missa-field idc.
                      I'm not lurking and I never used the "weekend was busy" excuse. I am just not at my laptop often these days (once a day), and posting from phone is ridiculous. It took me like 30 minutes to format my post on the phone. I don't have that kind of time to waste... important licensing exam coming up.

So, during my short breaks from studying, I read thread on my phone and write thoughts in my notes app. When I'm at my desk, I compile everything and post them. Until I pass this exam, this is just how I'm going to play and if you want to attempt to lynch me for it, go ahead. If nothing else, we can learn something from how people vote.
                      Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• definite distancing and bussing goin on right now

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by RoDNeY View Post
                          this is the first actual night result that points toward scum and half of you debated on it. Voth mainly seemed super hesitant to act on it and had to be persuaded. Did he notice there was no point in fighting the results and that he had to jump on before it looked like he was protecting his scum buddy?
                          This is something to come back to. I, too, noticed Voth was hesitant to jump on tp train.
                          It is not a scum tell per se, and in general it's good to not be very trusting.

Still, I am not sure what voth's end-goal in him questioning WillBy's roleclaim was. The moment WillBy roleclaimed, he either confirmed himself as town or as scum, provided town acts on the information he gave us. But by not acting on that information (which is what questioning WillBy's roleclaim inevitably leads to), we waste another day phase shooting in the dark instead of lynching potential scum with guilty result and confirm a townie in the process.
                          Trench Wars Player

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                            definite distancing and bussing goin on right now
                            Who are you talking about?
                            What made you think so?
                            Trench Wars Player

Comment

• Well, this is some progress. A role claim and a guilty claim on paul by willby. I had my eyes on undercut this day, but with these recent findings I think paul could be a better pick. If paul turns out to be scum we can pretty much confirm exalt being town. If not, well exalt said it himself, we lynch exalt in the next few days.

That being said, I'm still a bit confused. Most of what we are doing is nitpicking on minor actions or being annoyed that some players aren't as active. It's just a group of 3-4 who are online at that moment and fill a couple of pages with nonsense. I don't know what to make of it. I certainly am not tempted to join the mass of spam messages at least, and I'm happy to be called a lurker if that's what you guys want.

So since it's pretty much the only pick that makes sense AND will give us more information I VOTE: the_paul

Comment

• I have no reads on BIET and Missa. BIET made long post which summarized events that happened. I want to see more. Even less for me to go on for Missa.

Zeebu has been giving off town vibe.

Undercut made a good post that I thought came from town mindset:

Originally posted by Undercut View Post
                                I voted for ixt because I was confused as to why Voth seemed to want to jump ship at the last second to avoid lynching him. It was fairly obvious I was going to vote that way because like i did in fact say in my posts, the bandwagon on rodney seemed to form out of nowhere and I didn't understand it. I wanted to see if Voth would stick to his guns and avoid lynching ixt while hoping that a train formed on me for holding off on voting until the end of the phase. I wasn't trying to avoid a lynch I just thought that ixt was a way better option than rodney was.

Vote: Voth

I still just don't understand what he was trying to accomplish by swapping off ixt and on to me at the last second. It seems incredibly fishy to me, and he was obviously trying to avoid being tied to something that was about to happen.
                                Trench Wars Player

Comment

Working...
                                X