X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by field View Post

Who are you talking about?
    What made you think so?
    im getting it from rodney certainly and maybe a hint of it from voth.

voth is playing kind of... wishywashy... could be some sort of 3rd party role? voth are you recruiting a cult or something? the first day no lynch certainly plays into the favor of a cult. of course that is just wild speculation.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by BIET View Post
      Most of what we are doing is nitpicking on minor actions or being annoyed that some players aren't as active.
      Well, what do you think we should be doing?

Nitpicking what people say or do is how the game is played. And calling out lurkers (which has become a synonym for inactivity on tw mafia) is always in the best interest of not only town, but the game as a whole.
      Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post

voth is playing kind of... wishywashy... could be some sort of 3rd party role? voth are you recruiting a cult or something? the first day no lynch certainly plays into the favor of a cult. of course that is just wild speculation.
        With town doctor, a roleclaimed inventor, a role claimed bulletproof townie, it's possible that this game has more than one scum faction.

So far, Voth has given me scum vibe. Not too concerned with his faction yet. (Read my previous long post).

I was suspicious of rodney on d1 and my suspicions carry over to d2.
        Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• You guys are either making it super easy for me to determine your alignment (and your mafia buddies), or you are really reading into things too much.

Anytime someone roleclaims a town power role on day 2 (or day 1, hi ixt), you need to think of all the possibilities. The fact that I voiced what I was thinking in my head about this roleclaim and the possible implications makes me scum? You guys are focusing, out of everything that has come out, on the fact that I mentioned the other side of this if Willby's claim doesn't work out? Really? That's funny, because no one in this game knows anything right now, except the mafia who know who their scum buddies are. I was the second person to vote for the_paul, right after Willby, yet I'm being questioned for my hesitation for pointing out the obvious other side of things? Funny.

Rodney and field, you both just linked yourselves together as possible scum in my mind. But I will indulge you, because there is no reason not to:

Rodney, I would have likely voted for you if I had the chance to change my vote on Day 1. I do not think ixt is mafia, and I didn't have any real thought on you at that point, but your newest posts have certainly put you on my radar.
          7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
          Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
          TWLJ Champion Season 11
          TWLB All-Star Season 10
          Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Originally posted by field View Post

With town doctor, a roleclaimed inventor, a role claimed bulletproof townie, it's possible that this game has more than one scum faction.

So far, Voth has given me scum vibe. Not too concerned with his faction yet. (Read my previous long post).

I was suspicious of rodney on d1 and my suspicions carry over to d2.
            I like how you distanced yourself from Rodney there, immediately after dogpiling me with him. Kind of scummy.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
            TWLJ Champion Season 11
            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post

What exactly is wishywashy? I have admitted that my unvote of ixt and vote on Undercut, and the subsequent no-lynch can indeed be seen as scummy, and I accept responsibility for that. What else is wishywashy? Not sure what you're talking about exactly. I am simply trying to point out that on Day 2, we need to examine things from all angles, as no one has a clue what we are dealing with except the informed minority...scum.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post

What exactly is wishywashy? I have admitted that my unvote of ixt and vote on Undercut, and the subsequent no-lynch can indeed be seen as scummy, and I accept responsibility for that. What else is wishywashy? Not sure what you're talking about exactly. I am simply trying to point out that on Day 2, we need to examine things from all angles, as no one has a clue what we are dealing with except the informed minority...scum.
                you ask what is wishywashy then admit to... well. heres a random definition from a google search:
                wishy-washy

adjective English Language Learners Definition of wishy-washy

disapproving : not having or showing strong ideas or beliefs about something : weak and not able or not willing to act

i think wishy washy is sort of appropriate. im not saying 100% scum indicative right now , just pointing it out

Comment

• this new forum blows. we used to be able to see the activity per person in a thread by number of posts.

anyway, missa and mido need to speak up.

also, going through a persons iso is a pain too, especially if theyve posted often. (side note: i had no idea that you moved to euroland exalt, that is neat.)

Comment

• Since I've already posted the real juice for the day, I'll just post some small berries based on what everyone is saying.

You all are playing a followers game. I notice this happens a lot when there's either some extra vocal players or early results like I've had, but the amount of trust being extended to players like Exalt and myself is worrisome for 3 reasons. Before I talk about that, I'll preface this with everything I've posted about tp is true.

The first problem with a follower game is that I could be lying. While paul hasn't yet posted his counter, a lot of people seemed to bite with the belief that if I'm wrong about paul, then you seek justice for him by lynching me. However, I could come up with plenty of excuses for why this investigation was wrong (busdriver) and maybe buy myself another day. It's dangerous because if I was lying, scum would get a free +2 margin. Assuming a 13 player 9-4 game, 3 free mafia kills makes it 6-4 and the game is 1 mislynch away (6-3 after lynch, 5-3 a night later). Ixt questioned it in the scummiest way possible, but at least he made me explain.

The second problem with a follower game is that I could die. Without soliderz protection, it's a coin flip for mafia and I, if they decide to kill me tonight. If I die, I took one mafia with me, which is great, but were back to square 1 without an idea of which way is forward.

The final and biggest problem (for me) is that it lets other people fly under the radar by agreeing with me. So I'll just say it: agreeing with me does not make you town, and disagreeing does not make you mafia.

now my lunch break is over, so I'm not going much further with these thoughts atm. Just think, sheeple

Comment

• not sure what you mean by 'its a coin flip for mafia and i'

also, the part about lying should be somewhat addressed if paul flips scum. unless this is the hardest bussing ive ever seen, paul was certainly on the radar at the beginning of the day, but your claim put him directly under the wheels.

Comment

• My appointment took a lunch break, so I have a quick second to get this out. I can't respond to everyone, because I don't have a ton of time, hopefully after work.

I'm torn on Willby's role claim, and I don't know how you can say I was fishing for role claims Exalt, but I'll go over what happened last night.

My role is town cop. I tried to investigate Undercut last night, and my investigation was unsuccessful. Not guilty or innocent, unsuccessful. Obviously I don't know if this was a town role or a mafia role that blocked me, that's why I said there is a 50:50 chance that my claim could be corroborated. I do not want it to be, but there is somebody out there who knows this is true. Willby's theory about a bus driver could hold some water, but I don't imagine that the odds I was affected by a bus driver and a roleblocker on the same night are very high.

As a last point before I vote, I have been under suspicion since day 1, and especially since the early time of night phase 1. Not 1 person has spoken up for me or trusted me in any way, shape, or form. Which makes sense, because nobody has any reason to trust me. There have been 2 defenses that have occurred in this game, as I have laid out before. Remember the list, and hopefully remember the order.

I am officially useless. I didn't get any result night 1 to go off of, and now I have a target on my back, so lets find out if Willby can be trusted or not.

Unvote IXT
                        Vote the_paul
                        JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                        the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Don't have time to spell check or anything, be back in a few hours
                          JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                          the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                            My appointment took a lunch break, so I have a quick second to get this out. I can't respond to everyone, because I don't have a ton of time, hopefully after work.

I'm torn on Willby's role claim, and I don't know how you can say I was fishing for role claims Exalt, but I'll go over what happened last night.

My role is town cop. I tried to investigate Undercut last night, and my investigation was unsuccessful. Not guilty or innocent, unsuccessful. Obviously I don't know if this was a town role or a mafia role that blocked me, that's why I said there is a 50:50 chance that my claim could be corroborated. I do not want it to be, but there is somebody out there who knows this is true. Willby's theory about a bus driver could hold some water, but I don't imagine that the odds I was affected by a bus driver and a roleblocker on the same night are very high.
                            Not sure how confirming you were roleblocked is supposed to confirm your role. You could be a mafia cop who was roleblocked instead.
                            Or you're scum trying to bait out townie cop or roleblocker

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                              My appointment took a lunch break, so I have a quick second to get this out. I can't respond to everyone, because I don't have a ton of time, hopefully after work.

As a last point before I vote, I have been under suspicion since day 1, and especially since the early time of night phase 1. Not 1 person has spoken up for me or trusted me in any way, shape, or form. Which makes sense, because nobody has any reason to trust me. There have been 2 defenses that have occurred in this game, as I have laid out before. Remember the list, and hopefully remember the order.

I am officially useless. I didn't get any result night 1 to go off of, and now I have a target on my back, so lets find out if Willby can be trusted or not.

Unvote IXT
                              Vote the_paul
                              With the way you have been playing, I HIGHLY doubt you are a town cop.
                              Your claim is a great way to bait town PRs into revealing themselves, especially when you know there's little chance you can defend yourself against a guilty result on you.

For now, I'm keeping my vote on you until I hear what others think. (We have around 24 hours left in the phase, per fiS flip timeline).
                              Trench Wars Player

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post
                                You guys are either making it super easy for me to determine your alignment (and your mafia buddies), or you are really reading into things too much.

Anytime someone roleclaims a town power role on day 2 (or day 1, hi ixt), you need to think of all the possibilities. The fact that I voiced what I was thinking in my head about this roleclaim and the possible implications makes me scum? You guys are focusing, out of everything that has come out, on the fact that I mentioned the other side of this if Willby's claim doesn't work out? Really? That's funny, because no one in this game knows anything right now, except the mafia who know who their scum buddies are. I was the second person to vote for the_paul, right after Willby, yet I'm being questioned for my hesitation for pointing out the obvious other side of things? Funny.

Rodney and field, you both just linked yourselves together as possible scum in my mind. But I will indulge you, because there is no reason not to:

Rodney, I would have likely voted for you if I had the chance to change my vote on Day 1. I do not think ixt is mafia, and I didn't have any real thought on you at that point, but your newest posts have certainly put you on my radar.
                                The problem is not thinking about all possibilities. Yes, everyone should be doing that all the time.
                                However, you also need to be mindful of the game progress.

In day 1, you essentially prevented us from lynching either rodney or a claimed bulletproof townie by wasting your vote. However, the fact that you untied the votes and put rodney on lynch block works in your favor. I am willing to give you benefit of the doubt in that regard.

In day 2, no you weren't the second one to vote for the_paul. However, what was your goal in questioning WillBy's roleclaim? I am just trying to understand your thought process -- what did you hope to achieve at the end of your line of questioning?

And lastly, what part of rodney's newest posts stood out to you that they put him on your radar?
                                Trench Wars Player

Comment

Working...
                                X