Mafia: What a time to be alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Missa View Post

Also I am super confused by ixt going full attack mode on this guy if they are both bad. Makes me second guess myself and wonder if he was just being a little too loose-lipped at the start, and Exalt flustered him further? Or if he's just trying even harder to make himself look innocent? I still don't buy it!
    how do you justify this statement? my response is to mido having absolutely no excuse voting for someone to the outside of the perspective of this phase. simply put, this phase is thepaul vs willby, nobody else. since u vote for paul at the moment this is as much ill say regarding u but if u make these weird comments in the next phase ill have to reconsider your stance. but as of now, youre more pro-town than mido.

Comment

• I will say this much: if in the slight chance that Paul is not scum, Voth trying desperately to tie me with him (claiming one of us is scum) to set up successive lynches will be proven to be one of the scummiest moves in this game, apart from his move to Undercut at deadline. I am also suspicious of Voth for what he said about field 'distancing' himself from Rodney, because it doesn't make any sense to tie those two together. Field voted Rodney, but Voth didn't, so isn't it far more likely that Voth is tied with Rodney than with field? This is also all assuming Rodney is scum, but Voth seems pretty sure of it enough to call field out for distancing, yet... he never seemed to want to vote Rodney. My take from it is that Voth seemingly knows alignments already, which would mean he is scum. We'll see what happens though.
      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• All of this analysis is after we get the result of the paul lynch. Then we can discuss the voth shift; i for one missed where he mentioned field distancing himself, but that might have been said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
          I will say this much: if in the slight chance that Paul is not scum, Voth trying desperately to tie me with him (claiming one of us is scum) to set up successive lynches will be proven to be one of the scummiest moves in this game, apart from his move to Undercut at deadline. I am also suspicious of Voth for what he said about field 'distancing' himself from Rodney, because it doesn't make any sense to tie those two together. Field voted Rodney, but Voth didn't, so isn't it far more likely that Voth is tied with Rodney than with field? This is also all assuming Rodney is scum, but Voth seems pretty sure of it enough to call field out for distancing, yet... he never seemed to want to vote Rodney. My take from it is that Voth seemingly knows alignments already, which would mean he is scum. We'll see what happens though.
          voth is maybe scum maybe not, i dont know. ive still got the nagging suspicion that hes 3rd party

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by midoent View Post
            Sorry been busy a couple of days will try to catch up on the reading. For now, vote missa for inactivity.

Originally posted by midoent View Post
            Yes I placed a vote in case phase ends soon. From what I gather everyone is voting Paul. What do you want me to do here? Anything I do will look scummy.
            even though you came in with a useless entrance and voted the only person more inactive than you, the second comment strikes me as fairly townie-ish.

Originally posted by Missa View Post
            Sorry for the delay -- I sorta slept through like 3 days and am trying to catch up.

I don't understand how ixt lived to see another day, honestly. I know I'm not well seasoned here in this game, but it just seemed so blatantly obvious that he was trying to bait strong people out and has seemingly flopped back. I still think he is a bad guy, but the votes are no longer going in his direction, and voting him at this point seems like it'd be a waste when we have a more obvious suspect everyone is going for.

Also not a huge fan of midoent coming at me when I was inactive in the very same post he apologized for also being busy, hah. I haven't finished reading through everything yet, at this point, either, but I do feel Willby is innocent and on the right trail from what I've read thus far.

If I'm understanding correctly so far (which I might not be yet since I have about 7 pages of stuff to catch up on and tried to skim as best I could), the_paul took a shot in the dark on someone just because he had previously heard of them in the game? I mean, I feel I could have picked a better, more solid person to check out based on the first two pages of this whole thing alone, and I don't know several of the players in. To me, it seems 100% like a panic cop out, and I don't buy it for a second.. (haha, I'm so punny)

I will try to contribute more, though honestly, half of my silence was due to being away and the other half is due to not being sure what exactly I should be saying or how to act. But this is what I've got so far.

vote: the_paul

this comment strikes me as not that great. you continue to attack ixt for... mind sharing your reasons? he's sort of an idiot, but i still dont think he's for sure scum, just nonsensical. then you proclaim willby's innocence and jump on the very fast moving paul train. the vote at this point almost doesnt matter, its an just easy way to just blend in. what do you mean 'paul took a shot in the dark on someone' ?

as far as what to say and how to act, just post more. read what people write and then look into whatever parts stick out to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post

voth is maybe scum maybe not, i dont know. ive still got the nagging suspicion that hes 3rd party
              Care to elaborate why you would assume him to be 3rd party?... Do you know alignments?
              Big Chill

Comment

even though you came in with a useless entrance and voted the only person more inactive than you, the second comment strikes me as fairly townie-ish.

this comment strikes me as not that great. you continue to attack ixt for... mind sharing your reasons? he's sort of an idiot, but i still dont think he's for sure scum, just nonsensical. then you proclaim willby's innocence and jump on the very fast moving paul train. the vote at this point almost doesnt matter, its an just easy way to just blend in. what do you mean 'paul took a shot in the dark on someone' ?

as far as what to say and how to act, just post more. read what people write and then look into whatever parts stick out to you.
                gee thanks. but i stated my reasons for calling mido out. u can recognize him as more town...but i would need more convincing

Comment

• i'll admit its a bit of a stretch, but he is one of the folks directly responsible for the day 1 no lynch. i was trying to think of other reasons why that could be and for someone like a cult leader it would be the perfect outcome. exalt already gave us the odds why its bad for town, but it would be excellent for a cult. more townies ups the odds of not dying trying to recruit. then i call him wishy washy since he hadnt seemed to commit to any actions until voting paul.

Comment

• Originally posted by midoent View Post
                    Yes I placed a vote in case phase ends soon. From what I gather everyone is voting Paul. What do you want me to do here? Anything I do will look scummy.
                    Yeah mido, kind of like what zeebu mentioned this isnt necessarily a scum move, you just need to elaborate. Nothing wrong with not voting paul now since he will be lynched, but it's important that you provide some justification otherwise. If I were in your place, (assuming you are town) i would simply say that my vote doesn't matter anymore but I'd still like to keep the spotlight on whoever, in this case Missa.

Now for my own thoughts: good amount of piggybacking, hard to read on anyone. Interested to hear what zeebu thinks about Voth. Ixt is still on my list for that roleclaim/day 1 shenanigans. It seems like there's a lot of inactive players but I think the truth is a lot of people are on different schedules, so I dont mind the slower phase changes. Only thing that really concerns me about mido is that he seemed to buy Paul's rc, but they are friends and he's new so whatever.

Comment

• ^ that was to rodney

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post

Yeah mido, kind of like what zeebu mentioned this isnt necessarily a scum move, you just need to elaborate. Nothing wrong with not voting paul now since he will be lynched, but it's important that you provide some justification otherwise. If I were in your place, (assuming you are town) i would simply say that my vote doesn't matter anymore but I'd still like to keep the spotlight on whoever, in this case Missa.

Now for my own thoughts: good amount of piggybacking, hard to read on anyone. Interested to hear what zeebu thinks about Voth. Ixt is still on my list for that roleclaim/day 1 shenanigans. It seems like there's a lot of inactive players but I think the truth is a lot of people are on different schedules, so I dont mind the slower phase changes. Only thing that really concerns me about mido is that he seemed to buy Paul's rc, but they are friends and he's new so whatever.
                        what else do you want to know? he was responsible for the no lynch and then took an either/or stand against exalt/paul until willby came out and roleclaimed then finally jumped on board. this post struck me as odd as well since asking questions is generally how you seek out scum. paul has said and done plenty of things to be where he is now, but calling out someone for trying to play the game correctly isnt a good reason.

Comment

what else do you want to know? he was responsible for the no lynch and then took an either/or stand against exalt/paul until willby came out and roleclaimed then finally jumped on board. this post struck me as odd as well since asking questions is generally how you seek out scum. paul has said and done plenty of things to be where he is now, but calling out someone for trying to play the game correctly isnt a good reason.
                          I had my stuff all typed out on mobile, had not seen your response (to Rodney) yet.

We've got a few more hours til phase change and I'd like to get as many thoughts out there as possible

Comment

• Phase will change in ~4 hours

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                              I will say this much: if in the slight chance that Paul is not scum, Voth trying desperately to tie me with him (claiming one of us is scum) to set up successive lynches will be proven to be one of the scummiest moves in this game, apart from his move to Undercut at deadline. I am also suspicious of Voth for what he said about field 'distancing' himself from Rodney, because it doesn't make any sense to tie those two together. Field voted Rodney, but Voth didn't, so isn't it far more likely that Voth is tied with Rodney than with field? This is also all assuming Rodney is scum, but Voth seems pretty sure of it enough to call field out for distancing, yet... he never seemed to want to vote Rodney. My take from it is that Voth seemingly knows alignments already, which would mean he is scum. We'll see what happens though.
                              Exalt, I think I've already addressed this, but I will again:

I pointed out that with the way you and the_paul were sparring, that one of you was likely mafia. I don't see how that's an unreasonable statement or thought to make, and I certainly don't see how that's trying to tie you to him. I was simply pointing out that in my opinion, based on the back-and-forth you two were having, one of you was mafia in my opinion. Once Willby came forward with his information, I voted for the_paul, and I do believe he is mafia. I have mentioned before that I have felt neutral about you but likely pro-town, and again, I was only saying that based on the interactions you had with paul, one was likely mafia, and I think it's clear where I landed on that.

As for mentioning that field is "distancing" himself from Rodney, I said that because it felt like I was being dogpiled by Rodney and Field simultaneously, and then field immediately made sure to add in a comment suspicious of Rodney, as if he knew it was obvious they were dogpiling and needed to add a comment in questioning rodney in order to make it less suspicious. Again, I don't think this is something unreasonable to point out.

It does make me interested that people are calling me out to this extent, and who is calling me out. I made it very clear that I was taken off guard by day 1 phase ending abruptly, and intended to switch my vote to not allow a no-lynch. I just didn't login in time. I do think it's fair to criticize me, like I've said before, but it's interesting to what level this has occurred, when I was certainly not the only one whose voting could be called suspicious on Day 1. Undercut waited until the very last minute to cast a vote at all and it was tying vote...much more suspicious in my opinion than me earlier than him unvoting ixt and trying to push for Undercut's lynching.

Zeebu, as far as third party goes, I'm not sure if there is a third party in this game or not. With only one night phase under our belt and one kill occurring, it's unclear. I am town, not third party, and certainly not mafia. But if there is a third party, mafia might know it already (i.e. if there was a Vigilante or Serial Killer out there and mafia did not target Soilderz), and that makes me wonder what you might know that we don't, because this is not the first time you've brought up a third party possibility, despite the fact that there are no indicators yet that one exists in this game. I will be keeping that in mind.
                              7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                              Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                              TWLJ Champion Season 11
                              TWLB All-Star Season 10
                              Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Yes, I think that Paul has posted a disproportionate amount of questions versus actual statements. In past games, this has led me to mafia members. I believe that asking question after question to leave things open ended is a fairly common way for mafia members to propose ideas without actually being accusatory, which is for self-preservation. Of course I know that questioning is a huge part of this game, though I also know that too many questions can be cause for concern also. You're free to disagree of course, but it's certainly not me calling anyone out for trying to "play the game correctly."
                                7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                                Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                                TWLB All-Star Season 10
                                Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Working...
                                X