Mafia: What a time to be alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Voth View Post

OK never mind, saves me some time looking back. Now that it is out there in the open though, do you care to elaborate on this or is it something that may endanger you during a night phase? It looks likely that Willby is a power role for town so you should still be good, assuming you are telling the truth and that Willby did not make a huge play to sacrifice lynch his scum buddy to gain town trust (I do not feel this is the case, just pointing it out).
    I thought of this possibility too. WillBy might make that play considering Paul was already on blast for being so suspicious, but I don't really believe it either. WillBy voted Paul at the very start of Day 2 before anyone else said a word, which just added unnecessary risk to himself there if he is scum. All kinds of claims could've occured to show WillBy was lying, so him not waiting for anything else actually helps his case a bit. Imagine if a watcher was on Paul or a Tracker was on WillBy, and then WillBy claimed to have investigated Paul. Either one could have proved him wrong, along with various other night action combinations.

I will say that I refuse to put WillBy in confirmed town territory right now, but he's not on my radar, nor should he be anytime soon. I just hope when people like you (assuming you are town) or I are all gone, and all that's left are new players like BIET, Missa, Midoent, etc... they don't instantly confirm him. Speaking of them, I'm worried that's exactly where this game is headed, and it will be a snoozefest when it does. Those players being so inactive and/or useless are hurting the game, and when it comes down to it, any townies among them likely will lose it playing this way. I hope one of them steps up when the time comes for them to do so.

Back to WillBy though... I still want to know what his Night 2 action was. He already full-claimed, so there's no reason he shouldn't have given that information. The only reason I can think of for him to not do so is if he either is scum that doesn't want to add more lies to the mix, since it will catch him up eventually, or he is worried about scum knowing whether he has a RB or a Doctor protection left. Honestly, it shouldn't matter if scum know, because town need that information more than they do. Also, it's mightly suspicious that WillBy is still alive at all right now, so him explaining what his night action was may help resolve some of that information. It could also help catch scum in the right circumstances.

RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

I thought of this possibility too. WillBy might make that play considering Paul was already on blast for being so suspicious, but I don't really believe it either. WillBy voted Paul at the very start of Day 2 before anyone else said a word, which just added unnecessary risk to himself there if he is scum. All kinds of claims could've occured to show WillBy was lying, so him not waiting for anything else actually helps his case a bit. Imagine if a watcher was on Paul or a Tracker was on WillBy, and then WillBy claimed to have investigated Paul. Either one could have proved him wrong, along with various other night action combinations.

I will say that I refuse to put WillBy in confirmed town territory right now, but he's not on my radar, nor should he be anytime soon. I just hope when people like you (assuming you are town) or I are all gone, and all that's left are new players like BIET, Missa, Midoent, etc... they don't instantly confirm him. Speaking of them, I'm worried that's exactly where this game is headed, and it will be a snoozefest when it does. Those players being so inactive and/or useless are hurting the game, and when it comes down to it, any townies among them likely will lose it playing this way. I hope one of them steps up when the time comes for them to do so.

Back to WillBy though... I still want to know what his Night 2 action was. He already full-claimed, so there's no reason he shouldn't have given that information. The only reason I can think of for him to not do so is if he either is scum that doesn't want to add more lies to the mix, since it will catch him up eventually, or he is worried about scum knowing whether he has a RB or a Doctor protection left. Honestly, it shouldn't matter if scum know, because town need that information more than they do. Also, it's mightly suspicious that WillBy is still alive at all right now, so him explaining what his night action was may help resolve some of that information. It could also help catch scum in the right circumstances.
      Agreed with a few points on Willby there. I was shocked that he made it through the night as well, but assumed he probably protected himself. That, or mafia assumed he protected himself and went for Field instead.

I lean towards Willby being much more confirmed than you do, but that being said, I will not put him out
      of my mind, as crazier plays have been made before, and it is fair to point out that Paul had a lot of instant heat.
      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• And yeah, I agree, the participation in this game has been wildly inconsistent across the board. I would like to hear more actual thoughts and analysis from a lot of players, as their lurking only confuses us and makes it hard to read them.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
        TWLJ Champion Season 11
        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Yet to weigh in: midoent, zeebu

Comment

• I really want to see what Rodney says, since it feels like he's MIA for much of the game except for when he has votes on him. I'd like a claim, but I suspect he won't be giving one. If he does, it will be pretty cut and dry for me whether he is scum or town. I don't know what else I should say right now except for that.

Aside from that, Undercut, Missa, Biet, and Midoent are completely unknown to me, and I'd like to move on to figuring them out sooner rather than later. BIET refusing to vote Paul Day 2 and defending him still stands out to me as scummy, along with his no vote for Day 1. I think it's fairly certain BIET is scum, but Rodney needs to join the game and tell his side of the story first.
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Voth, I do get the main concept of the game, lol. I wasn't really sure what sort of things we were supposed to post -- I had never even read a forum mafia game before, which I should've done prior to see how it worked, and I'm still piecing together a lot of how things work. However, you wildly accusing me of being mafia at this point only makes me further believe you are and you're trying to take some heat off yourself by saying I'm making some typical mafia moves. Nobody else seems to have that opinion, really, but I do not find it a coincidence that you and ixt are starting to threaten me a bit. HMM.

Now, for ixt -- only revealed because people were piling on you?

You had ZERO votes when you posted this --

Originally posted by ixt View Post
              whoever the detective/cop/investigator is please quickly check me day 1 or day 2 so we can link up
              Undercut then called you out asking why you were baiting out our roles on day one, unless you were Godfather knowing you'd turn up innocent or just trying to find out who our strong people are. You didn't have much of a response, only calling him dumb.

ONE vote when you posted this

i am vanilla townie but with an x-shot ability that i wont reveal until i find someone who i can trust

That got you up to two votes, which you followed up with this..

I am a vanilla townie but DO have an ability, yes. Fine, with that long page of percentage analysis ill give u the benefit of the doubt. vote willby seems there are bandwagoners forming hehehe

I read through all of RoDNeY's posts and still don't see much reason to be going for his throat at this point -- though perhaps there are some subtleties I'm not picking up on just yet. But hey, with Voth's kind guidance, I'm sure I'll be on my way to senselessly lynching town people in no time!

Comment

• Missa, if you do not expect me to respond to your utterly random vote on me and analyze your posts, not sure what to tell you. Take heat off myself? What heat? You literally dropped a vote on me after calling ixt out, and even in your last post suggested he could be godfather, yet you vote me still. Very odd.

Whether you like it or not, it is not taking heat off myself, it is just a fact that if Rodney ends up lynched and is scum, you will be at the top of my list for Day 4.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post

Nothing necessarily implicating rodney here in my view, but I'll bite. Rodney, care to share anything?
                  Just pushing the obvious here

Undercut has not contributed whatsoever to any conversation or leads, he hasn't pursued or attempted to hunt scum, he posts the bare minimum to stay alive and out of the eye of the storm and he is solely responsible for the No Lynch on Day 1 when he tied the votes. I also have this very strong inclination that The_Paul purposely added undercut into his alibi by saying that he tried to investigate Undercut to try and throw town off the scum scent with his last breath and make town think undercut could be town when they think "well if paul was scum why would he investigate another scum? undercut must be town" Its clear as day that undercut does not have towns best interest in this game.

Ixt youre going to have to start thinking for yourself man, youre hanging to the hairs on exalts ass swinging in a toilet bowl doing anything the guy says. That kind of shit will get you fucked over in a mafia game bud.
                  Again he is trying to derail the thread by putting all of the attention onto me instead of actively pursuing scum its ridiculous. I have been clearing my name time after time ever since day 1 providing as much information as i can, i haven't done anything scum related while others in this game have showcased scum traits the whole time yet exalt continues to blindly push at me wasting towns time.
                  Big Chill

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                    I really want to see what Rodney says, since it feels like he's MIA for much of the game except for when he has votes on him. I'd like a claim, but I suspect he won't be giving one. If he does, it will be pretty cut and dry for me whether he is scum or town. I don't know what else I should say right now except for that.

Aside from that, Undercut, Missa, Biet, and Midoent are completely unknown to me, and I'd like to move on to figuring them out sooner rather than later. BIET refusing to vote Paul Day 2 and defending him still stands out to me as scummy, along with his no vote for Day 1. I think it's fairly certain BIET is scum, but Rodney needs to join the game and tell his side of the story first.
                    we most obviously live in different time zones man i been sleeping since my last post
                    Big Chill

Comment

• Originally posted by RoDNeY View Post

Undercut has not contributed whatsoever to any conversation or leads, he hasn't pursued or attempted to hunt scum, he posts the bare minimum to stay alive and out of the eye of the storm and he is solely responsible for the No Lynch on Day 1 when he tied the votes. I also have this very strong inclination that The_Paul purposely added undercut into his alibi by saying that he tried to investigate Undercut to try and throw town off the scum scent with his last breath and make town think undercut could be town when they think "well if paul was scum why would he investigate another scum? undercut must be town" Its clear as day that undercut does not have towns best interest in this game.

Ixt youre going to have to start thinking for yourself man, youre hanging to the hairs on exalts ass swinging in a toilet bowl doing anything the guy says. That kind of shit will get you fucked over in a mafia game bud.
                      Again he is trying to derail the thread by putting all of the attention onto me instead of actively pursuing scum its ridiculous. I have been clearing my name time after time ever since day 1 providing as much information as i can, i haven't done anything scum related while others in this game have showcased scum traits the whole time yet exalt continues to blindly push at me wasting towns time.
                      im two steps ahead of u on that thought broski. while there is most likely the possibility that that could be the case, he has yet to weigh in on recent developments. if ur trying to talk reason, indeed youve done nothing much to identify as mafia, but by how votes played out you are a potential suspect. if u flip town, then we take exalt and undercut to the dumpster. but reflecting on the past exchange by exalt and thepaul, unless theyre doing a blank discussion between two mafia (as someone pointed out previously, dont remember who) im leaning towards exalt being more town at this phase. and why am i not surprised missa is just locked on me still. depending on how this phase plays out, my focus will be on very specific people next phase.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoDNeY View Post

You claim it wastes town's time over and over again, and yet... from what I can tell, no scum seem to have voted you at all on Day 1. Why is that? Care to explain this? Are you saying all scum voted to No Lynch, and that both you and ixt were saved for no reason at all? Otherwise, if you're saying ixt is scum, why is it looking more and more like no scum were hopping on your wagon to prevent him for dying? Can you explain this? If Undercut is scum as you claim, why wouldn't he have voted you?

Also, funny enough, looking back at your list of who is scum and who isnt, you seemed to have called both Soilderz and Field scum, and you said the only 'town friendly' player who voted you was me, who you also weren't sure about. It looks to me like that was completely off-base, so what are you new reads now that two of your top scum proved to be town PRs?

RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Also, isn't it odd that Missa and others won't vote you still Rodney? Why is that? Why do only the most suspicious, inactive, or flat out scum (Paul) defend you over and over again, and every townie who calls you out and is suspicious of you gets NK'd? Can you explain to me why no scum vote you and everyone who did dies at night? Are you saying the entire playerbase is out to get you in some grand conspiracy, and scum's ultimate goal was to set you up over 3 days all while never actually voting you at any point?

RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• PS: Still waiting on WillBy to give night actions. It's important.
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• hes probably busy im sure he will get to it before phase ends

Comment

• Originally posted by ixt View Post
                                hes probably busy im sure he will get to it before phase ends
                                I'm not accusing him of anything. I just need the info to confirm something.
                                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X