No announcement yet.

Mafia: What a time to be alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missa, read back. If I target a mafia player, you are notified of it, but you do not know that I was told
    in my role PM that if I target a mafia player, they are notified of it. That means that of course you would come out and make stories up about me to lynch me, because I obviously have a night role.

also, it is really interesting how you post a reply
    to this within minutes, when no one has been able to get you to say a damn thing all game. Fretting now are we? Want to make sure the big con game works? Even your sudden spike in activity in conjunction with this hoax is scummy.

7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Originally posted by Missa View Post
      Mido is suspect, for sure, but you're (Voth) like 100% panic posting frantically now, which also makes you seem guiltier. Also, tying into you possibly being the godfather theory, if anyone investigated you, you'd come back innocent -- So yeah, sure, they'll trust you and tell you who they are so you can use your super ultra cool medicine on them, right? That seems a little basic, don't you think?
      LOL? You are so scummy. Of course, if you investigate any godfather, they come back innocent. But what evidence do you have to support that? Or is this just more fearmongering and fake news (LOL) intended to lynch a town power role? Albeit, not a huge power, but an easy one to lynch.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Not going to try to split that apart into separate quotes on mobile, so I'll try to address that in the least disorganized way I can manage.
        I'm conflicted on your claim. Here's why I dont believe it:
        For there to be a psychiatrist, there has to be a serial killer. I dont think there is a SK in this game as we havent had 2 night kills yet.
        The extra abilities makes it more believable, but like above, I dont believe we have a paranoid cop.
        Psychiatrist is a pretty complicated mechanic, and I dont think we are playing a particularly complicated game.
        Why not target someone night 1? The mafia knowing thing isnt much of a deterrent. So what, they know you're town...
        You think Missa is the sk?
        You've had suspicions of zeebu since early game, but you havent targetted him?
        It's a fairly desperate claim. Not something that will get counter claimed, not something necessary to town. You've basically claimed VT but you're special and might be important.

Reasons I actually do believe you:
        It's not impossible. Games can be wild on this forum. You've provided a lot of details and that makes it more believable.
        You've brought up some good points about Missa. I dont think anyone is convinced missa is town.
        I'm not convinced my lead is reliable. Sketchy night 1 results make me think maybe this is an off the wall claim intended to deceive. To be more specific, this tracker claims soilderz didnt go anywhere n1, which isnt how that should have worked.

I'm not mayor this game, I'd like some takez

Comment

• If I was notified, why would I have made that mistake, then? Wouldn't I have known how it worked if I received this mysterious notification? If I thought you knew who I was, I would not try out of the blue to start up a wagon on you when I could play it under the radar another day and off someone else. I'm still not exactly sure wtf is it you're claiming I'm supposed to know.

I'm not fretting. I'm actually home and trying to keep up with the game a bit more so you guys quit bitching about me lurking and looking "scummy." You bitch when I don't post, you bitch when I do post. I'll let you keep digging your own grave. Clearly I'm not the only person that felt a need to vote for you. I feel like a smarter play would've been to throw ixt under the bus because that is something a few of us have reason to believe already. Unless, of course, ixt is your mafia buddy, which it just keeps looking more and more like.

You're talking about fake news to lynch a townie when you're posting an extravagant story that I was supposed to be moderately in the loop on but clearly have no idea what you're talking about due to not receiving this mysterious notification. I would've looked into that a bit more. This is all news to me, man. Plus, you either die on this day (current votes) or the next (when I turn up town), so even if I go down, you're going, too. And if you turn up mafia, which a few of us already have reason to believe you are, ixt will probably follow shortly behind.

I feel like even if you manage to convince people this is true and I die over this, it's going to set helpful things in motion for everyone else once you're out. You're literally going to die either way unless everyone decides to vote someone else right now.

Comment

If I was notified, why would I have made that mistake, then? Wouldn't I have known how it worked if I received this mysterious notification? If I thought you knew who I was, I would not try out of the blue to start up a wagon on you when I could play it under the radar another day and off someone else. I'm still not exactly sure wtf is it you're claiming I'm supposed to know.

I'm not fretting. I'm actually home and trying to keep up with the game a bit more so you guys quit bitching about me lurking and looking "scummy." You bitch when I don't post, you bitch when I do post. I'll let you keep digging your own grave. Clearly I'm not the only person that felt a need to vote for you. I feel like a smarter play would've been to throw ixt under the bus because that is something a few of us have reason to believe already. Unless, of course, ixt is your mafia buddy, which it just keeps looking more and more like.

You're talking about fake news to lynch a townie when you're posting an extravagant story that I was supposed to be moderately in the loop on but clearly have no idea what you're talking about due to not receiving this mysterious notification. I would've looked into that a bit more. This is all news to me, man. Plus, you either die on this day (current votes) or the next (when I turn up town), so even if I go down, you're going, too. And if you turn up mafia, which a few of us already have reason to believe you are, ixt will probably follow shortly behind.

I feel like even if you manage to convince people this is true and I die over this, it's going to set helpful things in motion for everyone else once you're out. You're literally going to die either way unless everyone decides to vote someone else right now.
            I don't get it. Either you really are dumb or you're just playing dumb to try to deflect what I'm saying. Here is how it breaks down:

I can target one player per night to prescribe anti-psychotic medication.
            If it is a townie, and it is a paranoid cop, I can make him/her sane.
            If it is a SK, I cure him and make him vanilla townie.
            If it is a mafia member, there is no effect, but they are notified that I targetted them.

The point being that you would not have known that I was informed of this at the start of this game. Since you do not know that, the smart mafia move (I know, because it is what I would do in your shoes), is to make up a lie that will get me lynched. A lie, say, like a tracker following me to visit field the night before.

Missa, it's you or me. I know your scum buddies are going to back you up, and I'm pretty sure midoent flying in for a bandwagon vote with no explanation is one of them.

I am imploring town to reconsider this and lynch Missa today. When she flips scum, we have other players to move onto.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
            TWLJ Champion Season 11
            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post
              Not going to try to split that apart into separate quotes on mobile, so I'll try to address that in the least disorganized way I can manage.
              I'm conflicted on your claim. Here's why I dont believe it:
              For there to be a psychiatrist, there has to be a serial killer. I dont think there is a SK in this game as we havent had 2 night kills yet.
              The extra abilities makes it more believable, but like above, I dont believe we have a paranoid cop.
              Psychiatrist is a pretty complicated mechanic, and I dont think we are playing a particularly complicated game.
              Why not target someone night 1? The mafia knowing thing isnt much of a deterrent. So what, they know you're town...
              You think Missa is the sk?
              You've had suspicions of zeebu since early game, but you havent targetted him?
              It's a fairly desperate claim. Not something that will get counter claimed, not something necessary to town. You've basically claimed VT but you're special and might be important.

Reasons I actually do believe you:
              It's not impossible. Games can be wild on this forum. You've provided a lot of details and that makes it more believable.
              You've brought up some good points about Missa. I dont think anyone is convinced missa is town.
              I'm not convinced my lead is reliable. Sketchy night 1 results make me think maybe this is an off the wall claim intended to deceive. To be more specific, this tracker claims soilderz didnt go anywhere n1, which isnt how that should have worked.

I'm not mayor this game, I'd like some takez
              I agree, the lack of 2 nightkills confuses me as well. I do not think Missa is SK anymore, otherwise I would have cured her last night. I think she is scum who was notified that I tried to cure her, and now is moving to lynch a town power role.

I believe that night 1, mafia kill was thwarted somehow (probably field roleblock). Night 2 I believe they targetted you, and as you say you protected yourself.

I think it is entirely possible that both kills from night 1 and night 2 were serial killer kills, and mafia has been batting 0.00%. It makes no sense to have my role in the game without an SK in the game... it is traditionally used for SKs. The paranoid cop addition is kind of sweet, though I'm not sure if that exists in the game or not.

I didn't target anyone night 1 because I didn't want to target a mafia and expose myself so early. I did not target zeebu because I feel that his calling out of a possible third party means that he may be mafia and his nightkills keep not working (yet nightkills are still happening, just not mafia's). And if that hunch was right, I would have been notifying mafia of who I am, which it looks like I did last night with Missa anyway.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Eh, like I said. Either way, you're going to be dead now either on this day or the next unless everyone pulls and votes for someone else. And AGAIN I will say, since I'm fairly certain that you and ixt are mafia, that will only mean good things for the remaining town players.

Exchanging one me for two of you, I can be okay with that if I have to be. But you KNOW you're gonna die either way, now.

Comment

Eh, like I said. Either way, you're going to be dead now either on this day or the next unless everyone pulls and votes for someone else. And AGAIN I will say, since I'm fairly certain that you and ixt are mafia, that will only mean good things for the remaining town players.

Exchanging one me for two of you, I can be okay with that if I have to be. But you KNOW you're gonna die either way, now.
                  Classic. Your smoke and mirrors are called out as false and you just resort to empty statements. I really hope the town does the right thing today, and rejects you and your scum buddies play on me.

And yeah, I'm well aware that this claim will likely earn me a nightkill from either the mafia or the SK, if there is one out there. I don't expect to be lynched though, because you're flipping scum, and I'm certain of it.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season 11
                  TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post

I agree, the lack of 2 nightkills confuses me as well. I do not think Missa is SK anymore, otherwise I would have cured her last night. I think she is scum who was notified that I tried to cure her, and now is moving to lynch a town power role.

I believe that night 1, mafia kill was thwarted somehow (probably field roleblock). Night 2 I believe they targetted you, and as you say you protected yourself.
                    Nice try, except we all know who field roleblocked night 1. Let's see who's been playing attention.

Secondly, and I feel worse about this one, the tracker actually claimed to me before the this day phase began. So it would be pretty difficult for them to suddenly claim this detail. What I mean is your theory that they hatched this claim after your result isnt true. What's more likely is that my tracker fake claimed entirely, but that has nothing to do with Missa.

Comment

• I'm happy to go after my tracker if Voth turns up town, but we've got quite a list already with Rodney too. I'll probably make a full list tonight when I get home.
                      fiS are we still on schedule for 48 hour phase changes going into this weekend?

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post

Nice try, except we all know who field roleblocked night 1. Let's see who's been playing attention.

Secondly, and I feel worse about this one, the tracker actually claimed to me before the this day phase began. So it would be pretty difficult for them to suddenly claim this detail. What I mean is your theory that they hatched this claim after your result isnt true. What's more likely is that my tracker fake claimed entirely, but that has nothing to do with Missa.
                        Did field actually state that he roleblocked the_paul? Or did the_paul just say he was blocked? I think it's the latter, and I think you're using a scum's word to counter my idea, which is kind of odd.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• And to your second portion, assuming that is true, I would assume you have a mafia "tracker" who is trying to align with town from within, and when the results of my night 2 action came out, they decided to make a train for me.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                          TWLJ Champion Season 11
                          TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post
                            Wow! Look at that, how things change in just a few hours. Okay, that is quite an accusation, and I suppose there is no reason for me not to roleclaim now, as there is an inevitable dogpile coming my way:

I am the Town Psychiatrist.

My role has had a few minor modifications. I had never heard of this role before but it appears that the Psychiatrist, if successful, turns a Serial Killer into a vanilla townie, through a successful night action.

Now, my role PM stated that I am the town psychiatrist, and each night, I can prescribe anti-psychotic medication to a player of my choice. Here is where it gets a little different. If the player is SK, they will be turned into a vanilla townie. If the player is a town-aligned paranoid Cop, they will be turned into a regular Sane cop. This, from my research, is not a normal ability that the role has. The disclaimer was that there may be an SK in the game, there may be a paranoid cop in the game, or there may be both. Also, as if that was not enough, I was told that if I target a mafia aligned player, they will be notified of it. This was a huge issue for me on deciding how to beat play my role. Now, I was instructed that I would receive the following results: if I successfully prescribed medication to a SK or paranoid cop, I would get a ?successful? result. If the person I targeted was not either of those roles, I would get a ?failed? result. No further information on what role they were would be provided.

I did not target anyone Night 1 because I was not willing to risk a mafia target and outing myself that early. Last night, I targeted Missa. The reason I targeted Missa was because she has been so unbelievably quiet the entire game and has come off to me as not wanting to ruffle feathers or really make any accusatory statements. I believed that this is classic conduct of a
                            SK who wants to fly under the radar until late in the game. Why did I use an action on Night 2? Because I did not want to flounder all game, and I saw Missa?s overplayed na?vet? about the game and lurking behavior compelling that she might be an SK.
                            This just sounds way too convenient to be true. You absolutely knew there would be nobody to counter-claim psychiatrist in this game. It's way too uncommon of a role and there isn't a way to refute it. If you do flip town then we have a number of targets to go after and this lynch would certainly help us getting to the mafia.

Also do you happen to know exactly what the mafia learn when you try to target them then? Do they just get some kind of message that you targeted them or that you tried to "cure" them? Even just knowing that they were targeted seems incredibly imbalanced. That being said, you've had missa on your scum list this entire game even going back to day 1, why would you try to target her if you thought she was scum knowing that you would be outed?

Originally posted by Voth View Post
                            i agree with Exalt that Missa has been scummy so far, the question being if the ?I am new? shtick she is playing is legitimate or if it is just a nice excuse.
                            Day 1...

Originally posted by Voth View Post
                            Missa: Not sure what to make of her silence. I know she's new at this, but I don't think Missa is dumb, and I wouldn't be surprised if she was mafia and playing a quiet, careful game because that's the way she thinks it should be played. I am leaning towards possible mafia.
                            Day 2...

You're not stupid voth, why would you willingly target someone you think is mafia? You say you didn't bother trying to target someone night one because you didn't want to risk being outed by the mafia, then on night 2 you immediately target someone you have called out not once but twice as mafia?

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                            Also WillBy, no Town role in the entire game of mafia that I know of is ever allowed to protect themselves at night, not Doctor, not Bodyguard, not Jailkeeper, not Guardian Angel, not Hero, nothing. The only ones that can is a third party Hider (sort of) and Commuter roles, neither of which you claimed. I guess we will see though.
                            Just an aside here, I have played a couple mafia games on this forum and have been able to target myself as some kind of protection role. I was able to target myself just last game as a bus driver and that usual isn't allowed to happen.
                            3:Tsunami> under all you really have to do is fine tune that fiddle and stroke the strings harder than you ever have before

RaCka> i could've brought my subspace butthole catalogue

Comment

• Ok so i agree with some points on Voths side but i also agree with points on Missa's side

Voth mentioned that Zeebu had brought up Voth being a third party role earlier in the game, i actually questioned Zeebu when he said that and asked why would he think there was a third party? To which he replied

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                              i'll admit its a bit of a stretch, but he is one of the folks directly responsible for the day 1 no lynch. i was trying to think of other reasons why that could be and for someone like a cult leader it would be the perfect outcome. exalt already gave us the odds why its bad for town, but it would be excellent for a cult. more townies ups the odds of not dying trying to recruit. then i call him wishy washy since he hadnt seemed to commit to any actions until voting paul.
                              Zeebu mentioned Cult leader being the possible third party, nothing about an SK but still strikes as odd that he would even bring up a third party to begin with when we had no indication of a third party existing.

I dont see where the reasoning comes from for Voth to believe Missa to be the informant telling willby tracking results besides his own paranoia. Missa didnt even come into this phase gunning for Voth she came in still hot for ixt which i kind of agree with her here because ixt dropped the scum tells from the beginning, "role claimed" on Day 1 and has just been hanging like a dingleberry from exalts ass.

Willby is actually the one who came out with "informant results" and started this push on Voth not Missa.

Voth is claiming he didnt visit field whatsoever? No idea if this is Voths attempt to discredit the informant tracker and place doubt into willby or what but it adds another layer to this situation. This lynch could actually help town to recognize another possible town role through Willby. Willby is borderline confirmed town with his results that led to the lynch of scum cop The_Paul, if these results come back with Voth being scum as well then we can confirm his tracker informant to be town. If not then Willby is definitely being played here.

Ive also seen in the past the Serial Killer actually come out and claim Psychiatrist in an attempt to lure out the real psychiatrist and kill him so that the SK cannot be stopped for the remainder of the game. This could be an option here with Voth as well.

In summary, if Voth flips scum, tracker is confirmed town through willby, win for town. If Voth flips SK, win for town. If Voth flips town psych, Willby should give up the deets on his tracker informant because they are a fraud and we become aware of a Serial Killer amongst us. Not sure if i would label this exactly a win for town since we lose a townie but we will learn of a fraudster and learn more information about the layout of this game by knowing a third party is present. As for Missa im still kind of failing to see her involvement besides Voths claim that she is mafia based off his "role conditions" unless i drastically missed something here.

I would still like to hear from Undercut though, guy still hella sus in my eyes

Big Chill

Comment

• nvm gotta read undercuts post noticed he just posted while i was posting
                                Big Chill

Comment

Working...
                                X