Mafia: What a time to be alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Voth View Post

Did field actually state that he roleblocked the_paul? Or did the_paul just say he was blocked? I think it's the latter, and I think you're using a scum's word to counter my idea, which is kind of odd.
    Field confirmed before his death

Comment

• Vote: Voth

I just don't feel good about voth's claim here. I've had my suspicions about him for a while now and I'm more inclined to go with willby at this point.
      3:Tsunami> under all you really have to do is fine tune that fiddle and stroke the strings harder than you ever have before

RaCka> i could've brought my subspace butthole catalogue

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post

Obviously not asking you to come forward btw... but if this sounds like you, just know that the reason you are paranoid is built in to the game and I can get you sane later on if I survive. And a vote of good confidence would help... just make yourself blend in.
        How do you see this working out? For you to know which player to cure they need to either contact you directly or via someone else. In both cases you get the name. And when you cure someone, does this happen before or after the players action? I also don't think it affects the previous results if the player was paranoid. So only a paranoid cop would benefit from your treatment, but you suggest for them to wait to get treated? That doesn't make sense.

If you got guilty on either soil or field and suspect you are an insane cop you already know how to handle your results, no need for a cure I don't think. This all makes your role claim tough to either confirm or deny.

What's up with midoent popping up every phase, putting in a vote, and disappear again? If anyone would be a SK in this game I highly suspect it to be midoent, but otherwise have zero reads on him.

Having doubted voth's claim it would be weird for me to vote anyone but him at this point, combined with previous suspicion which was admittedly based on day 1 results.

VOTE: voth

Comment

• im back in the land of the living, had today off and travelled to family for easter weekend. lots to catch up on, give me a few minutes

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
            im back in the land of the living, had today off and travelled to family for easter weekend. lots to catch up on, give me a few minutes
            Got anything for us here?

Comment

• ok, what a mess.

started off with exalt vs rodney again, but this time missa came to rodney's defense and then voted voth out of the blue while badmouthing ixt. nothing about that sounds remotely consistent with much of anything. its all sort of swept under the rug after that because:

willby drops a bomb that hes been in contact with a tracker that saw voth visit field. votes on voth ensue until he role claims psychiatrist that can cure SKs and paranoid cops. also theres some mechanic that lets any mafia people see that he targetted them. he then said that he didnt visit field, but visited missa instead.

so first point of contention there, willby is the closest thing to a town lock we have at the moment and his tracker source information goes against what voth himself said. im guessing willby is looking into this one, especially since they came to him before the night phase. maybe more information to come there.

back to voth's role claim, it just doesnt make a ton of sense. it seems unlikely that theres an SK in the game simply due to number of kills. the only way i can see this is if mafia kill failed night 1 since the first kill said something about blood and the second was more subdued. that seems highly unlikely since field confirmed to willby that he blocked the_paul and since paul was the cop it would stand to reason that he actually tried to investigate not get sent to kill. i dont see an SK being in the game. the paranoid cop fix seems at least a little more viable in this game and leaving it at that might have been more believable. the part that doesnt make sense is the informing a mafia if voth tries to treat them. it seems like a very odd mechanic since the mafia already know who each other are and who arent. it would certainly be against the mafia's wishes to have sane cop in the game, but still seems like a tough sell. on top of that we would likely have 2 nights worth of paranoid cop results floating around out there sowing more confusion.

i just dont buy it right now

Comment

• Since we are all fighting and getting nowhere, I'll drop my bombshell and let everyone sort it out, because frankly, it will help solve a few problems here on who to lynch one way or the other. I also think enough PR claims are out there by now where we aren't too far off from a mass claim anyway, and based on both my night action results, I'd rather town decide what should happen from now on. I also have a bad feeling I'm about to die soon anyway, and I want to explain what happened and why before I'm gone.

I'm Town Vigilante. I may or may not shoot anyone at night in an attempt to kill them.

Now usually, I'd not shoot on Night 1, because that's generally considered bad play, but with a No Lynch, my thought was that town needed two deaths, and shooting someone would be like the no lynch never happened. It was a win-win for town imo, and since he was already someone half the town wanted to flip anyway, guess who I shot at? Rodney.

Guess what my result was? My attempt to kill Rodney was not successful.

Now, I thought about it for a while as to why this happened, thinking maybe Soilderz saved Rodney, but that's a ridiculous notion considering he was trying to lynch him with me. Then I thought maybe, just maybe, town had a RB that blocked me, but then I saw field was town's RB who also was trying to lynch Rodney. Paul also claimed to be Roleblocked on Day 2, which I think may have been true. Then I thought maybe Rodney has the same type of bulletproof role as ixt, where he had 1 shot of it or something like that. The only other option is I was roleblocked by a Mafia RB, or Rodney has been protected by a Mafia Doc. I wanted to find out by flipping him, because no town PR worth a damn will have bulletproof, and mafia would know damn well I'd be using a night action on Rodney if I was a PR, so the chances of him being town in this scenario were slim to none, but I didn't get the lynch.

So Night 2 rolls around, and I still wanted to confirm that Rodney in fact was not simply the 1-shot bulletproof 'Vanilla' type of character, and thinking the chance of Rodney being scum was even higher after Paul's flip, I shot at him once more.

Guess what my result was? My attempt to make Rodney mysteriously suicide himself wasn't successful (I told fiS to please allow him to die of suicide by way of two shots to the back of the head). Sadly, Rodney just won't die.

So here I was, thinking wtf is going on, because either I'm being perpetually roleblocked all damn game, Rodney is protected by a Mafia Doc, or he is permanently Bulletproof. There's no other possible reason for it. Now, I recently was told that field RB'd Rodney Night 2, so that takes away any possibility that town influence was the reason I was stopped from killing his ass. That leaves one of two options ladies and gentlemen: either Rodney is Bulletproof, or he is protected by Mafia. That's it.

So, knowing that he is either protected by scum RB or Doctor (which only happens if he is scum), or that he is bulletproof, I went digging for any role that may in-fact have that bulletproof label. Guess what? Town PRs don't have it for obvious balance reasons. Instead, I found one very telling role that could: Godfather https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Godfather. Just to make this clear, let me quote the Mafia wiki:

"In games with multiple killers, instead of appearing innocent on Cop reports, the Godfather may be Bulletproof instead; they will appear guilty on Cop reports as normal, but cannot be killed at Night. (This has also been called Mafia Tough Guy.) Some games offer Godfathers both investigation- and kill-immunity simultaneously."

So as you can see, I've been asking Rodney to claim or get lynched for two days now, because there's no reason whatsoever for him to not do so under any circumstances as town if he is actually bulletproof, and there are no possibilities that I can think of that scum would protect him perpetually every night as well as during the day phases. Anyone that's paid attention to this game has known that I've been after Rodney since the beginning, so it's easy to guess what my potential night actions would be. It's possible that I've been roleblocked by scum two nights in a row, but that would mean that Paul either investigated me Night 1 and knew I was vigilante/told him scum buddies (he was saying he thought there was one), or they simply didn't care about any other possible town PR in the game and just stuck to me for no reason two nights in a row. The other option is I've hit Rodney twice, and he was either protected twice by scum (since town Doc is dead and town RB never blocked me), or he is in-fact, permanently bulletproof. The only possible permanent bulletproof role in the game is Godfather, and the only way a scum Doctor would protect Rodney every night is if he is the Godfather. The only other role possible is if Rodney is Mafia Roleblocker and he figured I was going to use a night action of some sort on him both nights.

I'll let you all sort through this, because that's the evidence I have against Rodney. I wanted him to be forced to claim, but none of you wanted to do that. You all protected him regardless of hints given not to, and he has done jack shit all game to find scum in any way/shape/form. He only talks when he has votes on him, and each wagon is quickly derailed as fast as possible by other players defending him up and down. There's less reason to believe Rodney is town than someone like ixt even, so why the hell is he being protected in the daytime to go along with two nights in a row?

Speaking of which, if I have been perpetually RB'd by scum, you are all welcome. That said, if Voth flips town today, I'm shooting Missa. That's my solution to this dilemma. Rodney apparently won't die at night ever, so you will have to lynch him eventually if you want to win this game. He's not town, and I'm willing to bet everything on that, but that's up to you all to finally realize once I'm gone. Hopefully, Voth will be Scum's Roleblocker, but if not, I guess they will have to decide which PR to kill this time, because assuming Missa and WillBy aren't both lying, scum have to make a choice, and WillBy has a roleblock left.

Anyway, if Voth is town, Missa gets shot. That's my plan. If I'm roleblocked again, then I at least gave you all 3 straight nights to do whatever you want with your actions, so make them count. Also, please for the love of God, lynch Rodney when he refuses to claim. He can now use what I've said to make up some bullshit role like Voth seemingly just died and Paul tried yesterday, but you all didn't want to let me catch him in an easy lie, so it has to be the hard way I guess.
                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• So that's some fuckin juice.

We're looking at Rodney, Voth, the_paul, and someone else as our mafia crew? Need to take a list, my money is on it being one of the quieter ones, like zeebu or biet

Comment

• alright and another bomb, wow.

ok, honestly i was hoping to hear something more from willby about his source claiming voth visited field while voth claimed to visit missa. but this is good too.

so voth or rodney. assuming exalt is telling the truth. is there such a thing as a naive vigilante or whatever? maybe exalt is shooting blanks.

seriously though, which poses the biggest danger right now? we are currently playing follow the willby and its led us to voth who then made a claim that doent seem probable. exalt just dropped this bomb and its apparently why he's been tunneling rodney all game.

im ok with either. how does missa work into this then?

Comment

alright and another bomb, wow.

ok, honestly i was hoping to hear something more from willby about his source claiming voth visited field while voth claimed to visit missa. but this is good too.

so voth or rodney. assuming exalt is telling the truth. is there such a thing as a naive vigilante or whatever? maybe exalt is shooting blanks.

seriously though, which poses the biggest danger right now? we are currently playing follow the willby and its led us to voth who then made a claim that doent seem probable. exalt just dropped this bomb and its apparently why he's been tunneling rodney all game.

im ok with either. how does missa work into this then?
                      The way I see it, if Voth is town, then he really did visit Missa, and it confirms her as scum. Since Voth didn't really claim an important role though, if he is town, he is sacrificing himself for a 1-1 trade, which is a good deal. Preferably, he is scum and I can instead shoot someone like BIET or something, but it should be fine either way. Either Missa or Voth are scum in this scenario no matter what.
                      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• You can lynch Rodney tomorrow. I just wanted to give out that information before I possibly die, because if everyone saw 'Town Vigilante' on my flip, and nobody died, they'd wonder what happened and why.
                        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

The way I see it, if Voth is town, then he really did visit Missa, and it confirms her as scum. Since Voth didn't really claim an important role though, if he is town, he is sacrificing himself for a 1-1 trade, which is a good deal. Preferably, he is scum and I can instead shoot someone like BIET or something, but it should be fine either way. Either Missa or Voth are scum in this scenario no matter what.
                          but also, if voth is town, willby may have let a mafia get into his inner circle since they claimed voth visited field.

Comment

but also, if voth is town, willby may have let a mafia get into his inner circle since they claimed voth visited field.
                            I'm pretty certain that person is Missa. Even if not though, then that other mafia member will be screwed once Voth flips anyway, since we are allowed to talk at night, meaning WillBy has time to give out the name.
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Missa must really like locked in focusing me. "I follow if voth flips scum" wut? Response to exalt's info i think its entirely possible with what happened previously, many people blindly defending Rodney while he himself gave no info to prove his innocence. But that's saved for another day as the voth lynch is necessary for town to obtain some very needed intel
                              ​​

Comment

• Missa plz continue being on deez nuts I appreciate dat hahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X