Mafia: What a time to be alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voth
    I agree with you so much. The game was quite crazy to start with only 13 people but three killing roles. I knew there'd be doubt "haha this isn't possible", but with the "defensive" roles given, this was kinda worth a try.
    Same with the aspect that the game got boring. Basically all experienced and active players were killed off and the rest remained under the radar. I'm sorry for that, but I don't think that this was in my hands or has to do with the 48/24h schedule.
    Overall I had the feeling that it was pretty balanced, except for the SK Maybe. But how to balance a SK? Mafia could've actually got further if they all pulled together and the GF didn't go MIA. There wasn't a single misslynch the entire game.

Comment

• Originally posted by fiS View Post
      Voth
      I agree with you so much. The game was quite crazy to start with only 13 people but three killing roles. I knew there'd be doubt "haha this isn't possible", but with the "defensive" roles given, this was kinda worth a try.
      Same with the aspect that the game got boring. Basically all experienced and active players were killed off and the rest remained under the radar. I'm sorry for that, but I don't think that this was in my hands or has to do with the 48/24h schedule.
      Overall I had the feeling that it was pretty balanced, except for the SK Maybe. But how to balance a SK? Mafia could've actually got further if they all pulled together and the GF didn't go MIA. There wasn't a single misslynch the entire game.
      certainly not in your hands... it is in the mafia/SK best interest to survive until the end, and especially for me being in the dark and alone, i needed to target better players who might sniff me out later on.

i actually think the SK was OK... but i would really like to see how it would have played out if i didn't miss the day 1 phase change and i voted rodney. it would be pretty hard to see me as anti-town at that point, and the game would have been dramatically different.
      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• and also, the game wasn't imbalanced. it came down to the end and mafia really screwed themselves to be honest. rodney was unfortunately under fire from the get go and zeebu didn't do enough (read: anything) to help them win.
        7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
        Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
        TWLJ Champion Season 11
        TWLB All-Star Season 10
        Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• First off Fis, thanks for hosting. There were some downsides to this game, but none of them were your fault.

Originally posted by fiS View Post
          Soilderz

the_paul: You were basically really unlucky with the tracker. I liked how you defended the no-lynch on day 1 and argued with Exalt a lot. It seemed very authentical and I'd have believed it. Your roleclaim on day 2 was too late, I think that was the mistake.

THANKS FOR PLAYING EVERYONE.
          Looking forward to more games, I hope you enjoyed the game, even though it certainly had it's ups and downs.

This part wins the bad timing award. I was the city representative on a $27 million project for the entirety of this game. My job is pretty easy, so I had time to keep up and post. Then Willby and Exalt pick the only day I was unavailable to start dropping bombshells. To be fair, once Willby came out I was dead to rights no matter what, but I couldn't make as much of an effort as normal.

I have been MIA on these forums for a while, but I was one of the most active mafia players for years before that, and I have almost always subscribed to the day 1 no lynch scenario. Once it came down to Rodney and ixt on day 1, I was screwed no matter what though. If I vote ixt and he shows up town, I'm dead. If I vote Rodney, we lose a mafia power role, and I'm still under suspicion for just being the last vote. You guys were dead on picking up on Biet and Zeebu though, that was pretty impressive.

One of the reasons I was always for the no lynch day 1 is because of the people that used to play mafia. I mean, if someone like Jessup is in, that's an automatic day 1 lynch no matter what. But other than that, guys like Wark, ph, Jason, and the others would force people to be active and contribute, or we'd lynch the lurkers. So a day 1 lynch wasn't necessary and would usually do more harm than good. Jason hosted a game with 2 mafias, and the final 2 players left were the 2 godfathers. Best mafia game I've ever been a part of. I realize people have lives and it's super nerdy of me to get disappointed about the lack of activity from a lot of the people I was excited to play with, but I was.

That being said, Exalt it was pretty fun going back and forth with you. I went at you to try to force some more contributions from other people, but that obviously didn't happen. I think if Willby hadn't investigated me (asshole!), I had a good chance of getting out of being the front runner to be lynched. But, that obviously didn't pan out for me, but it was fun playing with you and I really appreciated the activity.

Ixt, your day 1 roleclaim and call to be investigated was still dumb and scummy as shit, but you really turned it around afterwards and I enjoyed reading your posts after I died.

Willby, you're the reason I played in the first place, and you killed me. You're dead to me. Just kidding, well played buddy.

Rodney, I'm sorry if I got you killed. I really don't think I defended you much but it sounds like that contributed to your death, and I'm sorry for that.

Fis, thank you again. Hopefully the next game has more activity so the host doesn't get blamed for anything.

JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
          the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post
            guys like Wark, ph, Jason, and the others would force people to be active and contribute, or we'd lynch the lurkers
            I used to get VSed by Wark immediately every single game back then, even though I was never a lurker. He got me lynched as Cop, Vigi, and a few other PRs on Day 1 back then. I miss playing with all those guys, but it was always a bloodbath from the very start.
            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

I used to get VSed by Wark immediately every single game back then, even though I was never a lurker. He got me lynched as Cop, Vigi, and a few other PRs on Day 1 back then. I miss playing with all those guys, but it was always a bloodbath from the very start.
              It really was, but man was it fun. Some of the crazy roleclaims and plays that worked out were just amazing. With the overall activity the way it is, maybe it is always the right move to lynch day 1. It didn't always used to be the right move, but things are different now
              JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
              the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post

Rodney, I'm sorry if I got you killed. I really don't think I defended you much but it sounds like that contributed to your death, and I'm sorry for that.
                nah you didnt get me killed no sweat. We were kind of put out there as the only 2 mafia interacting in the first few phases so it just put a bigger target on us since a majority of players lurked
                Big Chill

Comment

Working...
                X