No announcement yet.

[TW MAFIA] Western Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if u want to flip, whatevs. but when u a vanilla then, you a vanilla now.

Comment

• just one less townie, no biggie

Comment

• Mobile so I'm not gonna post essays but...

Really surprised at how many times Exalt can call me scummy in one paragraph. Not sure how you managed to read my obvious reference to last game as a roleclaim, especially when I joked about how it wasn't a claim. I expect that kind of play from newbies, idiots, and those hungry for a lynch.

You mention follow the cop as a busted plan, but I think (hope) field balances the rest of the roles accordingly. Now let me try to preface this clearly enough that even Exalt cant read this as something it isnt: I have no idea what roles are in the game besides my own. Everything stated here is based on reads an general knowledge of the game.

because we suddenly have 2 more night-kill proof roles, I imagine we have more than 1 killing role/faction. Mafia/SK, maybe a vig.

for the same reason, I doubt there's a protective role involved. You think follow the cop is busted? Think how crazy it would be if the doc protects the bodyguards. 3 bulletproof players

following from that, the only way to balance (and credit to zeebu for picking this up) is a mafia roleblocker. Necessarily powerful role

The primary elected role is called marshal, not sheriff. I bet we have a sheriff/cop in the game

Besides that, wed have to make some assumptions on who else lives in trenchville. Natives (SK? Tracker?) Railroad workers (Strongman, VT). I'm going to have to watch Blazing Saddles for research...

Comment

• I'm being called scummy for putting an early vote on Willby? Is there anything that anybody does that isn't scummy to you, Exalt? There's no reason to vote for anybody, you included. What would be the least scummy move is everybody voting for themselves, and we'll never end this phase. We need to vote for somebody, I've been MIA for so long that there is no way I'll get the required number of votes to do the job myself, so unless anything substantial comes out, my vote is on the next player that I have any faith in. I don't trust Willby, dude killed me last game, but he's active and a good player, so without anything else to go off of, that's my reason for voting for him at this point. I'm more than willing to change, but somebody needs to give me a reason to.
          JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
          the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• My poor attempt at explaining my thoughts.. which I'd edit way down before posting but I dont have time and don't wanna get dumped on for not posting today!

Rodney's hunt for the inactive seems appealing to me considering wrapping up with an afk mafia member kinda sucked. Force people to come out and post. It's the only way we can make any type of read right now. If nothing else, it is a good scare tactic and you're offering SOME kind of results for your election. I feel like innocent townies should have no problem making a few thoughtful posts and thinking on paper, here. People that lurk more seem sketchier. An important driving factor for me has been "okay, you voted that, but why??" Votes casted for no reason seem scummy to me, but maybe that's my newb Goggles on. I realize some people cant explain why without claiming, but give us SOMETHING, imo.

Exalt has this shit down to a science. Guy probably has our names with lines connecting shit all over his walls irl right now. And while I laugh at that thought, that's the type of person I want to hear from and follow and play like. He gives us the why with the what (even if vague) and seems to make rational, thoughtful decisions with what he has to work with.

Voth at least is trying and his role claim seems so innocent to me he might just be town. It's nothing extravagant, but actually maybe that was his point? Though I'm leaning towards trusting him this game.

I think Willby, is the obvious easy vote in. People, including myself, feel inclined to blindly trust him. I was the only town I think to even question him last game -- so I think we, as a whole, need to be like fis and ask more questions.

And for those wondering why some of us aren't going for it: at first I thought I should stay away because I'm newer and unfamiliar with roles. I'd be better to leave the extra abilities in the hands of more experienced townies. And the people I am considering are great at posting and frequent posters. However, rethinking this, maybe me being new isn't the worst thing. I wouldn't mind being voted in but for the same reasons I'm leaning towards Exalt. He seems to put a LOT of thought in every move. He is definitely more active, BUT is he definitely town?? I think and rethink everything, avoid voting just to bandwagon, and I dont play the whole "blind leading the blind" method. I seem to have a decent intuition (though idk how much that helps in this game yet). And I'm not into senseless role claiming.

Did my vote reasoning post turn into a campaign? Not necessarily. I think Exalt, Rodney, or possibly Voth may be better due to experience and the first two I'd go with due to displayed logic. But I can definitely put the logic behind the moves, be it extra votes or locking up the bad guys, and taking the town's voice into consideration. I try to explain why I do what I do and why I think what I think.

Also, still waiting for more opinions on Undercut's claim and whether we should protect him by voting him in. I have no idea on that situation so other opinions are going to help me with my vote a lot. Someone mentioned he may be scum because that's usually a more mafia type role, and his claim seems so dramatic to get quick protection.. Smells fishy to me.

Comment

• By the way, I am 100% on board with lynching the least active player (within reason). If everyone is making an actual effort to contribute, well that's a different story. But trying to get any activity was like pulling teeth last game, and it quite honestly made the game really lackluster, despite Fis taking the time and making the effort to host, which is a generally thankless job. I don't want to play another game like last round, where there are like 5 fairly active people and 8 lurkers. I'm all in on lynching lurkers immediately to force activity, let me make that very clear now before I get called scummy later for it.

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                By the way, I am 100% on board with lynching the least active player (within reason). If everyone is making an actual effort to contribute, well that's a different story. But trying to get any activity was like pulling teeth last game, and it quite honestly made the game really lackluster, despite Fis taking the time and making the effort to host, which is a generally thankless job. I don't want to play another game like last round, where there are like 5 fairly active people and 8 lurkers. I'm all in on lynching lurkers immediately to force activity, let me make that very clear now before I get called scummy later for it.
                This is what was done in pretty much every game back in the day, with jerome, da1 and so on. No one can at least take it personal because we're doing it for the towns best and objectively on the most inactive one. And then the vote lands on who it lands, town or mafia.
                https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                1:soild>they can say what they like
                1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

• we need more players to want to play so we can sub out folks that arent contributing

field maybe post another thread asking for a sub list. maybe we can get 2 or 3 folks on there willing to take over in this game if folks arent talking enough

i totally should have been subbed out last game by the way

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• i mean i get that inactives arent contributing yet, but lets make an effort to sub them out instead of just murdering them and learning nothing from the voting analysis

has scurvy posted anything yet?

Comment

• Also I'm leaning quite heavily on voth being town right now. Making up a role like town commuter when you're mafia is so out of left field that I don't see the good in it. Even though there is some truth in that he maybe isn't the role thats needs the bodyguards the most but getting the mayor and marshall on a townie role is priority #1 right now. We can't ever druing day 1 be 100% about anyones roles day 1 anyway. It's always gonna be a shot in the dark.

Undercuts role claim I'm not sure what to think about. Another weird move to do if he is mafia. Getting all the attention put on yourself is not the most reliable play as scum. Would definietely lean towards players that don't want to commit to anything and fence sit/ lurk as scummy.

And one last thing, as a little mental note to myself and others, I would be careful if there is a guy who gets like 5-6 votes for mayor/marshall. Most likely 1 or 2 mafias in that vote count, makes you wonder why he is getting mafia votes.. We shall see.

Do we know how long the phase will be, or at least this marshall election phase

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                        i mean i get that inactives arent contributing yet, but lets make an effort to sub them out instead of just murdering them and learning nothing from the voting analysis

has scurvy posted anything yet?
                        Scurvy has not posted yet, but I hadn't either before a couple of hours ago because I had no idea this game started so quick after signups. Probably the case for him as well.

Oh and we can still learn stuff from voting out inactives.

Comment

• Put your money where your mouth is. Vote willby.

a lot of people havent voted because they dont think phase change is coming. field do you have an idea yet?

Comment

• While I agree that it can suck if the inactive player is a town PR that we are relying on, its just the right thing to do imo. This game was designed to be balanced as long as everyone participates and makes an effort, so one person being inactive screws over the host and all the players. If we lose a power role, yeah that sucks, but nipping inactivity in the bud is important.

Also, if only 13 people sign up, I imagine that it will be difficult to find subs, but if that were an option it would be the best to sub them out. I realize its a little premature to get set on lynching anyone in particular, but it is definitely a huge priority for me to have more activity.

Comment

• well, most seem to think killing scurvy is best for town. i personally dont see it, but alright. for all you guys clamoring for votes, who do you plan on killing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                                well, most seem to think killing scurvy is best for town. i personally dont see it, but alright. for all you guys clamoring for votes, who do you plan on killing?
                                I don't know for sure that its best for town, with our luck he'll end up being the cop or whatever. I'd argue that its best for the game though. And before Exalt pounces on this statement, the game is the most fun when it is played correctly and everybody makes an effort. Otherwise we end up with games like last round. I just really dislike habitual lurkers. I get that people have lives, and I'm more active than most because I do not have a life, but I really don't think its that difficult to make a minimal effort.

Comment

Working...
                                X