No announcement yet.

[TW MAFIA] Western Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me make this very clear to everyone: if you vote for me, you will at least be putting one town player into an elected role.

I absolutely love the idea of having our town cop, wherever he/she may be, put into one of these roles. However, I am not willing to blindly throw darts at the board and hope. We can't afford to have a mafia member get elected into one of these positions.

If you had to ask me whom of those is pushing to be elected that I would consider the most pro-town as of now, which means little, it would be Rodney. He seems to be playing a straight shooting game. Honestly, at this moment, I feel that if you elect myself and Rodney, you will likely be electing two townies into these positions, which is huge.

I can't say the same for Willby. I have some renewed suspicion on him based on his last few posts, and if you noticed a few pages back, I was suspicious of him earlier as well. This suspicion has been made worse by ixt's completely out of character gameplay which turned on a dime a few pages into the game, and now he drops a last minute vote on Willby with no explanation and also provoking someone to lynch him. This just stinks, ladies and gents. I hope that this line gets quoted later on in the game to either laugh at me or give me a pat on the back, but I am on fairly sound footing that if you elect Willby to anything, you're handing mafia a critical spot in this game.

Let me allow myself to revise my list of suspicious players:

1. ixt - Reasons have been stated over and over. I really do feel like he got spanked by his mafia buddies and he's quieted down because of it. Now that I called him out, he comes back to be erratic again, claim vanilla townie, ask to be lynched because he's bored of being town, and vote Willby with almost no reasoning behind it at all. Scum or useless, that is all.

2. Willby - Willby is carefully trying to play people in this game, and the more I go back and read, the more I see it. He is seen as a seasoned mafia player, which he is, and his past as one of the recent hosts lends itself to him being able to gain trust. It's not his fault, but I do feel that it is natural. I am confident that Willby is making a big scum power play and pushing for one of these roles, because he knows it could be the key to a mafia victory.

3. Undercut - I am still suspicious of Undercut's lackluster roleclaim immediately following my own. Tons of questions and not enough answers. I am highly suspicious, but I would not be lynching him singlehandedly on the chance that he really is the town roleblocker. Need more time to vett him.

4. Zeebu - Still suspicious due to his unwavering committment to everyone roleclaiming on day 1, but starting to become less so. Perhaps it is just a difference of opinion and we can't come together on it.

5. the_paul - Beginning to give me a feeling that he is Willby's scum buddy. Need more to work with, but a few of his posts are just making me tilt my head in confusion, and then there is the issue of his strange early vote on Willby. He maintains that it is because he is experienced, but there are numerous experienced players here, and you are willing to just roll the dice that Willby is town without providing any analysis as to his posts or anyone elses? Seems blind loyalty, and anti-town.

Ladies and gents, let me just tell you this. I don't care if I am elected Marshall or Mayor. The key here, as I've said, is making sure this power stays out of mafia hands. At this point, I am imploring you to vote me in to one of these positions to assure town keeps a grip on at least one. And if I had to endorse a second candidate, it would be Rodney. Be careful about Willby - seriously.

choo choo
    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post

Like many, I'd be tempted to lynch inactives. However, I'd probably look at a lurker rather than an inactive. Someone who has posted less than most and their posts lack substance. Staying out of it isnt an option Someone like mido, zeebu, ixt. Not a final list just who comes to mind.

I wouldnt use marshal until I was sure about it.

and I'm not forgetting those 1-off powers, but I repeat that the 1 shots are the weakest part of the elected roles
      how am i lurking right now?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by ixt View Post
        sure if u want the important roles in the hands of the more experienced, that i can agree with. ill stick one in for willby
        now this sort of attitude i can get behind for a policy lynch. 'hey guys, im here but i dont feel like playing'

someone agreeing to vote ixt would certainly go a ways to earning my vote. as it is right now, if i had to vote for someone it would be rodney

Comment

• agreeing to lynch ixt*

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post

now this sort of attitude i can get behind for a policy lynch. 'hey guys, im here but i dont feel like playing'

someone agreeing to vote ixt would certainly go a ways to earning my vote. as it is right now, if i had to vote for someone it would be rodney
            Originally posted by Voth View Post
            1. ixt - Reasons have been stated over and over. I really do feel like he got spanked by his mafia buddies and he's quieted down because of it. Now that I called him out, he comes back to be erratic again, claim vanilla townie, ask to be lynched because he's bored of being town, and vote Willby with almost no reasoning behind it at all. Scum or useless, that is all.
            I posted him as #1 on my list.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
            TWLJ Champion Season 11
            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• And for the record, I don't think it's a policy lynch. I have a good feeling that ixt is finally getting some playbook behind the scenes, and his scum buddies are clearly behind it.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

FTFY

and you're on my lurking list because for all the posting you have done, all you've talked about is a mass roleclaim. No vote, and do we need to talk about last game?

Comment

• Re: Voth doesn't like me,
                  I'm not sure what to say besides you're wrong. Bring up something specific you dont trust about me or dont like in my posts and we can talk. You just seem wholly resolved to not let me be elected, and as far as I can tell it's because people have voted me instead of you.
                  This would probably be better if we all got 2 votes for today or something, or weren't allowed to vote ourselves. FWIW I would probably put my vote on voth or undercut (voth first) if I wasn't in contention.

(to preempt the "why undercut" questions, he at least claimed something. It's not like elected roles are unlynchable. He hasn't been counterclaimed, and although a mafia roleblocker is likely, town roleblockers are pretty likely too.)

Comment

Re: Voth doesn't like me,
                    I'm not sure what to say besides you're wrong. Bring up something specific you dont trust about me or dont like in my posts and we can talk. You just seem wholly resolved to not let me be elected, and as far as I can tell it's because people have voted me instead of you.
                    This would probably be better if we all got 2 votes for today or something, or weren't allowed to vote ourselves. FWIW I would probably put my vote on voth or undercut (voth first) if I wasn't in contention.

(to preempt the "why undercut" questions, he at least claimed something. It's not like elected roles are unlynchable. He hasn't been counterclaimed, and although a mafia roleblocker is likely, town roleblockers are pretty likely too.)
                    Nothing personal bud, you know that.

Your initial "elect me" pitch that you circled back to a short time after at the very beginning made my hair go up right away. I even posted about it.

I'm suspicious of numerous things in your spat with Exalt, but even more than that, the issue with the_paul. It is an odd dynamic that you two have been putting out from the start.

Ixt dropping a vote on you like he did also makes me suspicious. He is highly erratic and extremely difficult to read because of it - but I wouldn't be shocked if he caved under the pressure put on him and decided to drop a vote on you without consulting you first.

Look, you of all people know that a lot of times, especially on day 1, this game is about guts. I appreciate you saying you would have voted me, but it seems like a forced way to dispell my suspicion on you.Nothing personal, but my gut is telling me you're scum.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                    TWLJ Champion Season 11
                    TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

FTFY

and you're on my lurking list because for all the posting you have done, all you've talked about is a mass roleclaim. No vote, and do we need to talk about last game?
                      i had an agenda and i pushed it, that is the exact opposite of lurking. just becuase you dont agree with it doesnt mean its lurking. thats just silly

Comment

• my snap reads right now are that willby, undercut and ixt are scumleans

Comment

• voth appears town even though the role claim is a bit odd

Comment

You're the only one who "believed" the claim. So yeah, I'm calling you either an idiot, newbie, or hungry for a lynch.

paul knows that was a reference to the previous game because it was extremely obvious to him and everyone else. He voted me for the reasons you quoted me on. And I think a vote of confidence in someone is good, and not the same as blind trust.

Most importantly, I think you already knew and understand all of this, and you are hoping to make anyone crack under pressure, mafia or not, so that you can point a finger and look town, even if the lynch doesn't work out
                            I didn't believe the claim. That's the point. I'm highly suspicious of the way you've been playing this game compared to the last one. It's a complete 180 from your town play previously. See, I use this thing called scum hunting to analyze the game in front of us to find players that stand out to me rather than just relying on lucky investigations. To add to that, the Mayor has to lynch someone Day 1 without that investigation crutch, so what exactly do you think we should be doing here, pandering for votes, or actually trying to find scum? Whoever wins Mayor has to lynch someone, and that lynch should be based on any information that can be gained. Only scum would want to shut that down and pander to everyone instead.Town you would normally want other townies to question and be suspicious of you, yet you really dislike that this game. Why is that?
                            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• can we modify the rules a bit and extend the phase? lets say no self voting and extend the phase an additional 24 hours to accommodate. even if we dont change the rules and still allow self voting, i think the deadline should be extended. there has been some decent discussion, why cut it short?

Comment

voth appears town even though the role claim is a bit odd
                                I get it's an odd roleclaim, and to be honest, I was surprised when I received it. I did not cook this role up out of nowhere. That would make no sense - I'm not stupid and this is certainly not even close to my first game, I'm well aware that the role would be scrutinized. I have absolutely zero to hide. That's why I came out immediately. Worst case, I don't get elected and I should still be able to survive deep into the game and help town with lynches. But more than that, I'd rather secure at least one of these elected roles for town, and keep it out of scum hands. Try to cut through the noise. The only other person to roleclaim besides me is Undercut and ixt. I'm not willing to lynch Undercut right off the bat on the chance he just played this totally dangerously. I'm putting it all out there and I'm hoping that is clear.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Working...
                                X