No announcement yet.

[TW MAFIA] Western Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also i want to bring up another point. with this new mechanic, it ISNT as bad if we mistakenly recognize a mafia member to be pro-town. we can obtain more info on who he/she thinks is innocent and who they go for, this provides more potential information on sides.

Comment

OK who wants to be the mayor?? I sure don't lol
      lukas93> ed if talks come to your door and black if you do not already six!

Comment

Originally posted by ixt View Post

the good part i agree with 100%. however, the statistically part is not a good reason, PLUS flawed. if ur reasoning is because he was bad last game, where do u put thepaul and rodney? Voth was good then bad, while these two entered straight into the mafia side. just saying the second reason is invalid here, but sure would like to hear what voth wants to contribute.
        I'm not going to argue but I realize how you're being overly safe.
        And I hope you realized I put my vote on page 1 basically with no info at hand other than that I do know who I do not want to see as Mayor/Marshall.

Comment

Just bringing up the point if ur going for "statistics" Paul or rodney would have been a more correct call, besides I'm sure paul's prowess in the game is no short of voth's. U want to call it overly safe, I'm saying regarding the given players and ur call of who's suitable to lead. Guess I'm learning each game, not to say anything overly stupid at the start

Comment

Originally posted by field View Post
            Independence Day Massacre

It's Trenchville, sometime after the end of the civil war.
            Once a booming railroad town, it turned into a filthy slum -- a stop in the middle of nowhere, a hub for travelers and scum of all kind.

The village does have its special days. Today we celebrate the triumph of freedom over servitude.
            The Mayor planned a large feast at city hall, and so the villagers obliged.

Food, drink, gambling, prostitutes -- and, what's a wild west party without someone getting shot?

As the Mayor took to the podium and the Marshall closely guarding him, the hall fell into a deafening silence.

"Citizens of Trenchville,
            Whites, freedmen, heathens, and undesireables.

Today, we gather..."

And before he could finish, two bangs followed by a loud thud were heard.
            The Mayor, and the Marshall, have been shot.

Masked gunmen appeared from the crowd, and took off riding into the sunset.

Some villagers chased them down the mountain path, but the masked men have used the cover of nightfall to make their escape.

I stood by, catching my breath.
            In the distance, atop the hill, lies a lonely homestead.
            I wonder what stories it holds.

A week later...

The village convenes. It is time to elect a new Marshall and a new Mayor.

[DAY 1 MECHANIC]

On Day 1, you will be voting for the person you want to elect as Marshall, instead of voting to lynch someone. The runner-up to the election (person with second-most votes) will be elected Mayor. At the end of the Day, the Mayor will choose whom to lynch.

Below is the description of the elected roles:

Marshall - You are the primary elected role of the game. You get to, once during the game, incarcerate a player for one day and night cycle. You must PM me if you want to incarcerate a player and it will happen the next day (+ night). The incarcerated player cannot vote, cannot use his role, and is immune to being targeted by kills during the night.

Mayor - You are the secondary elected role of the game; the runner up to the election. You gain one extra vote during the day. You also, once elected, get to choose the first player to get lynched in the game (on Day 1). You cannot choose the Marshall.

Note: Elected roles can be of any alignment and will investigate as Marshall or Mayor.

Additionally,

Bodyguard - You are the protector of the elected roles. As long as you are alive the Marshall and Mayor are both immune to all hits during the night. The elected roles will not know who you are. The bodyguard will randomly be chosen from the remaining townies after the Mayor chooses who s/he wants to lynch.

In the event of a vote-tie, the person to reach most votes first will be elected Marshall.

If you have any questions about Day 1, please ask me.

Thirteen villagers are up for election:
            1- fis
            2- Undercut
            3- the_paul
            4- Missa
            5- WillBy
            6- Exalt
            7- ixt
            8- Rodney
            9- Voth
            10- Zeebu
            11- midoent
            12- Scurvy
            13- Soilderz

BEGIN DAY 1

Note: If you have not received your role PM, please let me know ASAP. Also, please post in the thread so I know you saw the game has started and are active. Enjoy and have fun!
            will the person selected by the marshall be notified or completely unknown to them?

Comment

i vote missa hoping she gets to mayor instead of marshall. between her and mido, newer players will give off more "tells" that perhaps veterans can pick up on. Not saying shes mafia, just my initial thoughts on the new system, notably for day 1. sure, you can respond to this with the refuting argument "why put the first source of info into the hands of someone less experienced?" just my first idea to land some potential information. like my idea or not, ill listen to more developments.

Comment

field can I vote for myself here, or do I have to vote for someone else? If I'm allowed to do this, then VOTE: Exalt.

Fine citizens of Trenchville, I'd like to nominate myself for Mayor of this fine town, and I believe I am one of the best options for this fine position. I am unafraid to make the tough decisions, and as Mayor, I will get to fulfill my lifelong dream of lynching scum without being forced into a No Lynch and/or roleblocked 4 nights in a row. Vote for your me, and I promise to lead us to victory. If needed, I will also put my name into the hat for Marshall, as I will incarcerate all those who stand in the path to victory before we tie a noose around their scummy little heads.

Originally posted by fiS View Post
                I will go ahead and put my faith for now into

vote Voth

because
                a. he's a good player and
                b. statistically chances are good that he's pro town this game.
                I agree with A, but not with B. It's supposed to be random, meaning he could technically roll SK again for the next 10 games and the probability of it happening remain the same each and every time. It's a gambler's fallacy to assume he is more likely to be town this game due to not being town last game.

i vote missa hoping she gets to mayor instead of marshall. between her and mido, newer players will give off more "tells" that perhaps veterans can pick up on. Not saying shes mafia, just my initial thoughts on the new system, notably for day 1. sure, you can respond to this with the refuting argument "why put the first source of info into the hands of someone less experienced?" just my first idea to land some potential information. like my idea or not, ill listen to more developments.
                Just to be clear, what kind of tells are you looking for if Missa was voted Mayor? If she is mafia, Mayor is the worst role possible to give her, because they get to lynch whoever they want without town having a say. Imagine if Rodney had gotten the Mayor role last game, as an example. I'd be dead Day 1 in that case, and the entire game would have likely been very different. Also, if we did give it to a new player, and they are scum, wouldn't their scum team just tell them what to do behind the scenes anyway? Really, it would just help scum in that situation, because the new player making mistakes can claim ignorance, but a veteran everyone knows is good already can't just explain away scummy behavior. The only positive side is that it forces the Mayor/Marshall players to be put in the spotlight, so if they are scum, they're likely fucked when they make the wrong choice. They can't claim ignorance or blame others when the person who gets lynched is 100% on them.

For these reasons, I believe you should vote for me. Also, be sure to take an Exalt for President bumper sticker on your way out the door.

RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                  field can I vote for myself here, or do I have to vote for someone else? If I'm allowed to do this, then VOTE: Exalt.

Fine citizens of Trenchville, I'd like to nominate myself for Mayor of this fine town, and I believe I am one of the best options for this fine position. I am unafraid to make the tough decisions, and as Mayor, I will get to fulfill my lifelong dream of lynching scum without being forced into a No Lynch and/or roleblocked 4 nights in a row. Vote for your me, and I promise to lead us to victory. If needed, I will also put my name into the hat for Marshall, as I will incarcerate all those who stand in the path to victory before we tie a noose around their scummy little heads.

I agree with A, but not with B. It's supposed to be random, meaning he could technically roll SK again for the next 10 games and the probability of it happening remain the same each and every time. It's a gambler's fallacy to assume he is more likely to be town this game due to not being town last game.

Just to be clear, what kind of tells are you looking for if Missa was voted Mayor? If she is mafia, Mayor is the worst role possible to give her, because they get to lynch whoever they want without town having a say. Imagine if Rodney had gotten the Mayor role last game, as an example. I'd be dead Day 1 in that case, and the entire game would have likely been very different. Also, if we did give it to a new player, and they are scum, wouldn't their scum team just tell them what to do behind the scenes anyway? Really, it would just help scum in that situation, because the new player making mistakes can claim ignorance, but a veteran everyone knows is good already can't just explain away scummy behavior. The only positive side is that it forces the Mayor/Marshall players to be put in the spotlight, so if they are scum, they're likely fucked when they make the wrong choice. They can't claim ignorance or blame others when the person who gets lynched is 100% on them.

For these reasons, I believe you should vote for me. Also, be sure to take an Exalt for President bumper sticker on your way out the door.
                  this was my main idea behind the reasoning yes. lmao exalt running for tw president guis...anyone running against him? hahah

Comment

at least exalt voiced the same exact view i had for fis' initial reasoning to vote voth

Comment

good news boys im town this game
                      Big Chill

Comment

wait he DOES have a point, being nonstop c0ckblocked by rodney till his death LOL. he deserves redemption vote exalt

Comment

if we're talking stats, then STATISTICALLY it is good for town to keep me alive till the end, its 100% winrate. but of course, its something to experience to see if town can still iwn if im killed off early to midway.

Comment

So instead of voting on who we are lynching we are voting on who will be Marshall? and then second place is Mayor? and then the Mayor decides by themselves who gets lynched?

new mechanic definitely adds an extra layer here

How long does the marshall and mayor effect last? All game? Just the first phase? Does mayor and marshall change each day phase? Does mayor and Marshall replace your current role or just get added on top of it? I apologize if any of this was explained and i failed to comprehend it

So many questions so little time

Ill be at the saloon polishing my spurs
                            Big Chill

Comment

the voting is all phase 1. first in votes is appointed marshall, second mayor. it seems the marshall has the marshall abilities over what supposedly is his/hers role ability. mayor gets to decide the first day lynch. thats what it means i think in a nutshell

Comment

wait he DOES have a point, being nonstop c0ckblocked by rodney till his death LOL. he deserves redemption vote exalt
                                Last game has nothing to do with this game partner, basing your views this game off the way people were or flipped last game is a no no
                                Big Chill

Comment

Working...
                                X