[TW MAFIA] Western Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote: Undercut

Alright everyone, here I am. Let's just get this out in the open from the start here. I would absolutely love to be your mayor. I know you may be thinking right now, why on earth would we make you our mayor undercut? I absolutely love Trenchville, and I would do absolutely anything in my power to eliminate this place of the god awful people we call "scum". Our old marshall and mayor must be avenged and we need to start by making a smart decision on who to elect. I hope you can see through the elaborate ruses that some players are trying to throw at you and place your votes on people you actually think are helpful. Do not be blinded in this election, we need you townies more than ever. Do the right thing, elect someone else for marshall and make me your mayor.
    3:Tsunami> under all you really have to do is fine tune that fiddle and stroke the strings harder than you ever have before

RaCka> i could've brought my subspace butthole catalogue

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
      Just noticed the game got going, happy to see a quick start. First off, field, appreciate the hosting and the different game mechanic - it is sure to add a lot to the otherwise tough first day phase, and beyond.

My initial reaction to the Marshall/Mayor elected roles is that it would be a travesty to elect one, let alone two mafia members into these positions. With that being said, is no one else a little weary of those who have come out so eager to be elected into these roles? Certainly, I'm willing to throw my hat into the ring for either role because I know I can help town do the right thing, but I'm a little suspicious of those who have seemed a little too eager to get one of these roles. I suppose that the argument could be made that scum will not put themselves out there like that and they would likely lurk behind the scenes, but I disagree - a good scum player is seasoned at hiding in plain sight and gaining town trust by being active and involved. I'm just saying, if I were scum, I'd likely want to get elected into one of these positions, I wouldn't be lurking and waiting to see how it played out. It's too strong of an advantage to waste the opportunity.

With all that being said, Willby is making my scum sense tingle with his over-eagerness to be elected. Exalt also put himself out there, but I'm pretty sure he would do that whether he is scum or town, so it is less telling. What really made my scum sense tingle on Willby was that he has circled back to post a second time specifically that he wants to get elected and say why. I'm not saying Willby is definitely scum, or even probably scum, we literally know nothing at this stage of the game - just calling it as I see it.
      This absolutely screams scum to me. You are already trying to point fingers at people wanting to be elected to lead this town into the promised land. We know absolutely nothing about anyone wanting to be elected. Trying to deflect onto people on day 1 just to throw everyone off your trail from the get-go just seems like a scum move.
      3:Tsunami> under all you really have to do is fine tune that fiddle and stroke the strings harder than you ever have before

Comment

Originally posted by midoent View Post
        how about we decide on 3 or 4 people wanting to be marshall or mayor who we all feel are good at mafia and let them battle it out
        sitting back and letting everyone else go at each others throats huh? Seems like a good way to hide yourself in the shadows while you and your scum buddies work things out

Comment

Originally posted by Undercut View Post

This absolutely screams scum to me. You are already trying to point fingers at people wanting to be elected to lead this town into the promised land. We know absolutely nothing about anyone wanting to be elected. Trying to deflect onto people on day 1 just to throw everyone off your trail from the get-go just seems like a scum move.
          ROFL...after you post a half-assed campaign commercial to get elected? You can try all you want to put me on blast for pointing out the other side of all of this, but it just makes you look scummier. A seasoned mafia player analyzes from all angles, and you would have to be idiotic and/or scum to ignore the other side of this. You've just made yourself a huge suspect.
          7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
          Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
          TWLJ Champion Season 11
          TWLB All-Star Season 10
          Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

ROFL...after you post a half-assed campaign commercial to get elected? You can try all you want to put me on blast for pointing out the other side of all of this, but it just makes you look scummier. A seasoned mafia player analyzes from all angles, and you would have to be idiotic and/or scum to ignore the other side of this. You've just made yourself a huge suspect.
            Your post just completely contradicts the point you tried to make about me. You say you want to look at all angles yet the only angle you have is that people who want to get elected look like scum.

Comment

sitting back and letting everyone else go at each others throats huh? Seems like a good way to hide yourself in the shadows while you and your scum buddies work things out
              dude I don't wanna be mayor or marshall so lets elect ppl objectively whats your problem with it????
              lukas93> ed if talks come to your door and black if you do not already six!

Comment

Your post just completely contradicts the point you tried to make about me. You say you want to look at all angles yet the only angle you have is that people who want to get elected look like scum.
                Do you have reading comprehension issues? Obviously on day 1 we know nothing. I am simply pointing out that those who are over-eager to be elected into these positions that have enormous perks may actually be scum trying to play their way in.

Exactly what is contradicting? Can you elaborate? What angles have you presented exactly? Or are you simply scum using his first post on thread to campaign for himself, and then his second post to attack someone who is calling into question that exact thing?

You are highly suspect, big guy.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Do you have reading comprehension issues? Obviously on day 1 we know nothing. I am simply pointing out that those who are over-eager to be elected into these positions that have enormous perks may actually be scum trying to play their way in.

Exactly what is contradicting? Can you elaborate? What angles have you presented exactly? Or are you simply scum using his first post on thread to campaign for himself, and then his second post to attack someone who is calling into question that exact thing?

You are highly suspect, big guy.
                  You said look at it from all angles, yet the only angle you are looking at it from is the fact that people campaigning look scummy to you. I think it could also be a nice grab for the townies to go after as well. Being immune to night kills is such a huge thing in a game this small.

Comment

You said look at it from all angles, yet the only angle you are looking at it from is the fact that people campaigning look scummy to you. I think it could also be a nice grab for the townies to go after as well. Being immune to night kills is such a huge thing in a game this small.
                    Right, because other angles have already been pointed out, I felt it necessary to throw out the other angle. So what was contradictory? Or are you using words that are too far outside your vocabulary? Now your tail is between your legs, I see.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                    TWLJ Champion Season 11
                    TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Right, because other angles have already been pointed out, I felt it necessary to throw out the other angle. So what was contradictory? Or are you using words that are too far outside your vocabulary? Now your tail is between your legs, I see.
                      Let me simplify this for you.
                      You say look at all angles.
                      You only look at it from one angle.

Comment

This feud feels a little forced this early in the game over basically nothing
                        JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                        the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Let me simplify this for you.
                          You say look at all angles.
                          You only look at it from one angle.
                          I see. Like I mentioned, the other side of things has been pointed out. I was simply saying something that hadn't been said before. Which is, as I said, trying to look at it from all angles. Why exactly are you so intent on this? You are grasping here and it's obvious.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                          TWLJ Champion Season 11
                          TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                            This feud feels a little forced this early in the game over basically nothing
                            Basically nothing being operative here. Undercut is really forcing this right now when I was obviously just pointing out another aspect of the elected roles on day 1, which no one else had to this point. Makes me really feel like he is trying to negate what I was saying and take that idea off the table. Scummy.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                            TWLJ Champion Season 11
                            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Only reasons I can comprehend for you to not want to be elected:
                              town-
                              You aren't confident enough in your ability
                              You think you'll fail town
                              you aren't active enough
                              there are better choices (players)
                              Mafia-
                              dont want to draw attention to yourself
                              you want a more important mafia role elected

For a different take, I'd like to hear from people who dont want to be elected.

Comment

Originally posted by WillBy View Post
                                Only reasons I can comprehend for you to not want to be elected:
                                town-
                                You aren't confident enough in your ability
                                You think you'll fail town
                                you aren't active enough
                                there are better choices (players)
                                Mafia-
                                dont want to draw attention to yourself
                                you want a more important mafia role elected

For a different take, I'd like to hear from people who dont want to be elected.
                                I?m not opposed to doing either job, but I?d prefer not to. My reasoning is that I?d rather participate and have conversations openly without having 12 people respond to me differently trying to sway me. There?s a short list of people I?d trust to do the job, and I?m obviously on my own short list. You, Exalt, and probably Rodney if he?s going to be active are the others off the top of my head.
                                JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                                the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Working...
                                X