No announcement yet.

[TW MAFIA] Western Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GG, I would like to point out something as I've noticed it have a huge impact in the past two games.

It is almost impossible for mafia to win when town is pming each other and speaking during night phase. These are supposed to be perks of only the mafia to aide them in their disadvantage of numbers. It ruins the game in my opinion for people to be pming each other and claiming, honestly cut that shit out it's such a bastard catalyst.

All the mafia games i can remember pming was not allowed and night phases were silent which is what made players get good. Now it's just a bunch of people pming each other and giving their previous actions at night to the public after they know they can't be lynched on the day. Just my 2 cents

also when I was town vig I shot at missa
    Big Chill

Comment

• Yeah I agree Rodney. The PMing is really an issue. Restriction of it in future games however only works when everyone sticks to it. I'd be down for that.

Comment

• Also i feel like the past two games have been stricken with inactive mafia members, that really puts a damper on the chances of mafia winning as now the only active ones are forced to be alone out in the open

There was a point where undercut listed his scum list and it was 100% correct. Every member of mafia not a single townie. I LOL'd
        Big Chill

Comment

• I did not pm a single person that game. I think it?s broken as well.

also I think the setup heavily favored mafia had they managed to stay active and get the Marshall role instead of the mayor. Or exalt should have killed one of his own from the start.

There was no benefit to keeping my role hidden with an active town cop out there so I claimed and just became a voting member with only town intentions. I?m sort of surprised I got voted tbh.

I still dont don?t really understand why you killed yourself willby? Was it impossible to nightkill soild due to Marshall ability?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• voth is a commuter but with the addition of the marshall ability willby suspected he would jail soilderz to protect him. and since voth himself is a commuter he really doesnt even need soild''s defense. so its a lose-lose situation at that point.

Comment

• wait but if voth used his marshall ability that night on willby and say willby targeted soild, would the kill still have gone through?

Comment

• Originally posted by ixt View Post
                wait but if voth used his marshall ability that night on willby and say willby targeted soild, would the kill still have gone through?
                No, Willby was roleblocked due to incarceration and could not do a nightkill.

I am surprised we were able to pull this one out after losing our Doctor and Vigilante so immediately. I also am surprised about people acting like it was an easy one for town to win. Fis getting whacked by mafia was huge - if that did not happen it probably would have played out differently.
                7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10
                Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• I?ve never played a mafia game on here in the 11 years or whatever it?s been where PMing isn?t allowed by town. This must be another recent meta change on TW forums. Taking during night phase was on and off back then, but I don?t know how productive any of the night conversations were.

As broken as a follow the cop is, if you want to stop all pmIng then the game should have ended when Willby 1.0 died. Once that happened, it was a literal impossibility for me to publicly claim any role or results without committing suicide.

The bigger problem I?ve seen in the last 2 games is Mafia activity. I can?t imagine how frustrated Exalt is for getting elected Day 1, and then essentially getting killed because those who voted for him were so quiet. I would still contend that killing Willby day 1 was maybe a little too ballsy, but I get the logic behind it.

If Will and Rodney were mafia from the start, town probably would have lost imo. Exalt was easy to single out because of the inactivity of most of his teammates, and it snowballed from there.

Great game Voth, really really well done. MVP for sure, that?s all there is to it.

Big thank you to Field for hosting, it was a fun setup.
                  JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                  the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• thats what i was asking if u incarcerated the right guy before rodney 2.0 was lynched

Comment

• btw is it possible to get another game? few people who played the last few fell out...turban, mido, scurvy signed up and didnt say more than like 2 posts lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ixt View Post
                        thats what i was asking if u incarcerated the right guy before rodney 2.0 was lynched
                        Nope, read back, I held off on incarcerating until I knew how rodney flipped on the chance that Paul was playing me all along. It was a longer play than simply assuming Paul was town and incarcerating Willby or zeebu right away, but it took away the chance that I was taking it raw dog from Paul.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post

Nope, read back, I held off on incarcerating until I knew how rodney flipped on the chance that Paul was playing me all along. It was a longer play than simply assuming Paul was town and incarcerating Willby or zeebu right away, but it took away the chance that I was taking it raw dog from Paul.
                          I like how we worked together from day.. 2? And never completely trusted each other lol.
                          JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                          the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                            I?ve never played a mafia game on here in the 11 years or whatever it?s been where PMing isn?t allowed by town. This must be another recent meta change on TW forums. Taking during night phase was on and off back then, but I don?t know how productive any of the night conversations were.

As broken as a follow the cop is, if you want to stop all pmIng then the game should have ended when Willby 1.0 died. Once that happened, it was a literal impossibility for me to publicly claim any role or results without committing suicide.

The bigger problem I?ve seen in the last 2 games is Mafia activity. I can?t imagine how frustrated Exalt is for getting elected Day 1, and then essentially getting killed because those who voted for him were so quiet. I would still contend that killing Willby day 1 was maybe a little too ballsy, but I get the logic behind it.

If Will and Rodney were mafia from the start, town probably would have lost imo. Exalt was easy to single out because of the inactivity of most of his teammates, and it snowballed from there.

Great game Voth, really really well done. MVP for sure, that?s all there is to it.

Big thank you to Field for hosting, it was a fun setup.
                            Agreed, I do not think I have ever played a TW mafia game where town was forbidden from using PMs. I think that if we did that, town would have a tremendously difficult time winning. PMs are not a huge advantage, as there is always a chance someone is being scummy privately, and you have to account for that.

Thanks for the kind words. I do think that Fis getting killed by mafia was the turning point in the game. The scum was pretty clear in this game, and we still almost lost. I am actually shocked that Zeebu was not the last scum, so very well played Willby.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                            TWLJ Champion Season 11
                            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post

I like how we worked together from day.. 2? And never completely trusted each other lol.
                              lol... you just never KNOW.

i think I mentioned this before, but claiming to me in PM that early took some STONES

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                              TWLJ Champion Season 11
                              TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• I wouldn?t mind playing a mafiascum sort of newbie setup with all the active folks. 9 folks with 2 scum and very limited power roles, majority immediate lynch and no pming

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X