[MAFIA] AWOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post

I'll read into it like that if there's a counterclaim. Or maybe this is just a ploy to get the real witch to come out. But I'm not sure I'd buy that from Missa (no offense).
    im curious though, how would you know who the wolves targeted? Or did you protect Exalt, and assume your protection saved him?
    please read the mechanics of the witch on page 1.

Comment

• Well, I was provided with information of who was being targeted by werewolves that night, and I had a decision to make. Save a townie, or save the potion for myself or someone else later. I chose to save him because I think he's a strong player, and clearly town aligned if werewolves were after him. However, if they targeted their own just to waste my potion, that would've been smart, too. I just tried to do the best I could with the info I had to work with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Missa View Post
        Alright, kiddos. Here is my roleclaim and I'll get nightkilled for it, but maybe it'll spare one of you.

I am the Witch. I had two potions, one to save a player if they were being killed, and one to kill a player in the night.

On night one, Exalt was targeted by the werewolves (or whatever). I used my potion to save him to prevent the night kill. After my potions are used, I do become a regular vanilla townie, I believe.

I do have some further information that I am not going to share. I will be night killed, I imagine, if not lynched. When I flip town, please remember the name Voth as one to look at. I wanted to vote Voth because I have huge scum vibes from him, and I did not want to lynch beast because he is clearly just an AFK townie. Why lynch our own when we have people like Voth to stare down? This roleclaim may be premature on my part, but as I see it, I only have the grave to go to from here.

For the sake of trying to save myself:

Unvote: Voth
        Vote: Beast

Remember: IF I AM TOWN, LOOK HARDER AT VOTH AND CREW.
        ​​​​​​The only thing that makes me uneasy about Missa's roleclaim is Exalt's early vote on voth. It's time we get an explanation behind it.

If she is telling the truth, then Exalt is essentially confirmed as town (unless wolfs targeted one of their own, which I doubt... It's a pretty big gamble to attempt to kill one of your own in hopes the witch uses her potion). Missa would be confirmed town as well, with a kill.

Only one way to figure it out who's telling the truth.

vote: voth
        Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by Missa View Post
          Well, I was provided with information of who was being targeted by werewolves that night, and I had a decision to make. Save a townie, or save the potion for myself or someone else later. I chose to save him because I think he's a strong player, and clearly town aligned if werewolves were after him. However, if they targeted their own just to waste my potion, that would've been smart, too. I just tried to do the best I could with the info I had to work with.
          I find it pretty unlikely that they?d target their own because they?d risk the chance you would decline to use the ability. So you have 1 potion left, which is a nightkill. I would imagine that we have to have at least one protective role, so it seems unlikely that you?re going to die tonight. Our only problem now is do we risk lynching a town PR to see if you?re telling the truth? Doing so would tell us a lot about Exalt too. But with this mecha werewolf thing going on, we don?t really have the luxury of getting this wrong.

If this is a ploy to flush out the real witch, what?s our explanation for no night kill last night? Doctor got lucky? Roleblocker isn?t in the list of roles so it seems unlikely to be in this game. I have to admit that this is the easiest explanation for a non night kill. If this is a mafia smokescreen, it?s honestly brilliant. My fallback plan was Beast, which is satisfying because he?s inactive, but if the witch saving potion is off the table then we?re already in hot water.
          JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
          the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Originally posted by field View Post

​​​​​​The only thing that makes me uneasy about Missa's roleclaim is Exalt's early vote on voth. It's time we get an explanation behind it.

If she is telling the truth, then Exalt is essentially confirmed as town (unless wolfs targeted one of their own, which I doubt... It's a pretty big gamble to attempt to kill one of your own in hopes the witch uses her potion). Missa would be confirmed town as well, with a kill.

Only one way to figure it out who's telling the truth.

vote: voth
            This is a good point. Exalt made it sound like he had Voth nailed as scum at the very beginning of this phase, which could be for a variety of reasons. Missa says she saved Exalt from an attack, alright I can get behind the logic of that. But what?s with this extra information she says she won?t give up, and IF (her words) she flips town, look at Voth. What extra information could she have? And why are Exalt and Missa both hinting they have information on Voth? I don?t really see any possible way they could both have intel on him, especially if Missa?s claim is true. I can?t imagine that the witch mechanic tells her who is being targeted and by whom (again, never played in a game like this before), because that sounds super broken. Something doesn?t add up with how these 3 names are lumped together to me, I just don?t know which direction to go with it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post

This is a good point. Exalt made it sound like he had Voth nailed as scum at the very beginning of this phase, which could be for a variety of reasons. Missa says she saved Exalt from an attack, alright I can get behind the logic of that. But what?s with this extra information she says she won?t give up, and IF (her words) she flips town, look at Voth. What extra information could she have? And why are Exalt and Missa both hinting they have information on Voth? I don?t really see any possible way they could both have intel on him, especially if Missa?s claim is true. I can?t imagine that the witch mechanic tells her who is being targeted and by whom (again, never played in a game like this before), because that sounds super broken. Something doesn?t add up with how these 3 names are lumped together to me, I just don?t know which direction to go with it
              According to the roles list, the witch gets two potions. Also, she is informed about who the werewolves target for their kill.

So, she would know if Exalt was targeted, and with that knowledge it's not farfetched that she tried to save him with her potion.

The question is, how did she figure out voth?
              My guess, based on her post, is that there is an additional caveat in her role, maybe an additional ability or something. Since I trust her provided info, I won't press her any further. Let her play her game.

I think it's important we look at voth now. Let the mod deal with Beast and Soilderz.
              Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by field View Post

According to the roles list, the witch gets two potions. Also, she is informed about who the werewolves target for their kill.

So, she would know if Exalt was targeted, and with that knowledge it's not farfetched that she tried to save him with her potion.

The question is, how did she figure out voth?
                My guess, based on her post, is that there is an additional caveat in her role, maybe an additional ability or something. Since I trust her provided info, I won't press her any further. Let her play her game.

I think it's important we look at voth now. Let the mod deal with Beast and Soilderz.
                Right, I didn?t phrase my part very well. I?ve never played with a witch, but I can?t imagine their notification says anything like ?Exalt targeted to be killed by Voth?. It doesn?t make any sense that that would happen, but I also don?t understand how Missa would have anything on Voth. So if we lynch both and he flips town, do we go for Missa next?

Comment

• That last line should read ?If we lynch Voth?. Accessing forums on mobile is a nightmare

Comment

Right, I didn?t phrase my part very well. I?ve never played with a witch, but I can?t imagine their notification says anything like ?Exalt targeted to be killed by Voth?. It doesn?t make any sense that that would happen, but I also don?t understand how Missa would have anything on Voth. So if we lynch both and he flips town, do we go for Missa next?
                    I don't imagine she gets a message like that. All we know is she knows who the werewolves target. Probably something like "the werewolves targeted Exalt."

I don't want to press her further so that we don't give the werewolves more information. Keep them in the dark.

Missa, how sure are you about voth?
                    ​​If he's going to get lynched, you need to be leading this train.
                    Trench Wars Player

Comment

• OK, that is a bombshell. unvote Missa. It cannot be

What strikes me as really odd, though, is this immediate reaction that I must be scum. Several players voted for Missa and several more stated that they had strong suspicions she was scum. So out of all of those players, I am clearly the scum trying to lynch her?

Some things to chew on. Does anyone see ANYTHING in the game mechanics that would indicate that IF Missa is the witch, the werewolves would have any idea who blocked their kill? That would be absolute insanity if that were the case. They then just turn around and lynch or nightkill them. So why exactly does me suspecting and voting Missa for the same reason that several others of you did make ME scum?

So this sudden thought that because I voted Missa
                      and suspected Missa as scum means that I am a werewolf actually strikes me as a huge play by the actual werewolves to throw a townie who voted her under the bus as quickly as possible to avoid a scum lynch. Looking at you field. Also looking at you Rodney.

7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                      TWLJ Champion Season 11
                      TWLB All-Star Season 10
                      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Whoops cut off part of P1. It cannot be confirmed that she is witch without a counterclaim, and fleshing out the actual witch into the open if Missa is not the witch is
                        not the right play at the moment.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• The part that is running me the wrong way, other than how Exalt, Missa, and Voth keep popping up in each other?s post, is whether or not Missa somehow has actual information on Voth. She hinted at having extra information but she was not going to share, then followed this up by saying if she dies to look at Voth. Am I making a leap that her hint was that she has intel on voth? Because she also says that she is just getting scummy vibes from him, so which is it? Is it extra intel, or is it a hunch? If it?s a hunch, I feel worse about this. Missa got votes because several of us got a hunch. If we switch to Voth just because of this, we?re effectively trading in several hunches to act on one person?s hunch.

If we lynch Voth and he flips town, do we go for Missa tomorrow (barring new information)? She can always say that it was just a hunch and try to get off the hook for Voth, and if that?s true, we would theoretically have lynched 2 townies.

Theres definitely information missing here, I wonder if lynching Voth is the best way to get it out

Comment

• Ixt, lets extend this phase if others agree. Not sure how we can end a phase in good conscience without giving people like Willby and Rodney and Under a chance to at least react to this. Anyone opposed to an extension? I know we want to get this game moving but come on

Comment

• Sorry Rodney I know you already reacted, not sure why I threw your name in there. The point stands though

Comment

The part that is running me the wrong way, other than how Exalt, Missa, and Voth keep popping up in each other?s post, is whether or not Missa somehow has actual information on Voth. She hinted at having extra information but she was not going to share, then followed this up by saying if she dies to look at Voth. Am I making a leap that her hint was that she has intel on voth? Because she also says that she is just getting scummy vibes from him, so which is it? Is it extra intel, or is it a hunch? If it?s a hunch, I feel worse about this. Missa got votes because several of us got a hunch. If we switch to Voth just because of this, we?re effectively trading in several hunches to act on one person?s hunch.

If we lynch Voth and he flips town, do we go for Missa tomorrow (barring new information)? She can always say that it was just a hunch and try to get off the hook for Voth, and if that?s true, we would theoretically have lynched 2 townies.

Theres definitely information missing here, I wonder if lynching Voth is the best way to get it out
                                If Missa is the witch like she says, how could she POSSIBLY have any more concrete information? It is nothing but her game after game attempts to get at me for whatever reason. So if we are to believe Anissa has more information on me, that would mean last night, ixt
                                PMed her and said Exalt is going to die, do you want to save him? She says yes, effectively confirming Exalt town. But it does not end there, apparently. The Town cop must have investigated me and got guilty, and
                                just had such a good feeling that Missa is town that they roleclaimed in private to her after Night 1... even though town apparently is not supposed to be PMing this game.

Right... sounds plausible. If Missa is the witch, she just has a hard on for me and cannot be objective. If she is not, she knows she was inches to getting lynched and is risking a roleclaim to either flesh the actual witch out or just lynch me to get rid of me.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Working...
                                X