No announcement yet.

[MAFIA] AWOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's been a lot going on, and despite it all I still don't feel like lynching Voth makes much sense. It'll probably end up getting me killed, but I've yet to see a good reason why it should be him in particular. I've seen a couple things come up, so I'm going to address what I remember without trying to quote everyone.

Missa's hint at extra information deserves more attention, but there's really only 3 options as to where it came from: 1. It's a lie trying to add extra self preservation to her role claim, which is understandable, 2. She is mafia and slipped up by hinting at something that shouldn't have been revealed while trying for self preservation, or 3. She received an illegal PM from somebody who either actually does have, or claims to have, intel on Voth's role. As far as I can see, those are the only options, is there any scenario I missed? I guess there's the scenario that the game mechanics are broken, but until evidence of that comes up I'm not really going to go down that road.

Following up on that train of thought, at the time, the vote on Missa was completely justified imo. The lack of meaningful participation to any degree, and then a 1 line vote on a (at the time) random player set off red flags all over the place. The risk is too high to risk lynching Missa to find out the truth, which I agree with, but I don't have any issue defending my initial vote on her. Also, the idea that her role claim has to be true because she hasn't been counter claimed is asinine. With an alleged bodyguard role claim, if there is anyone to counter claim, they will essentially commit suicide by publicly claiming witch. Missa's explanation explains the no kill last night, but imo she's still a long way from confirmed, especially with all of the potential protective roles included in the descriptions. I am very interested to hear the truth behind this extra intel, because it's going to have to come out at one point or another.

Exalt has been all over the place. He starts off the day phase by posting (paraphrasing), "pegged scum night 1 gg, vote voth", and left it at that. The weird part is, he left it at that and moved his vote quickly onto someone else. He has gotten back to his essay writing, and to me he seems to be flailing all over the place. He adds a list of 5 people who are potentially scum, and now insists that I "need to be lynched". Not sure what I did to get under his skin in particular, but I'm really not going to worry about that.

The part that bugs me is why its the same 3 names linking up. Exalt "pegs" voth as scum immediately this phase, then backs off of him. Missa gets heat on her, so she roleclaims, while strongly hinting that she has extra intel that will incriminate voth, and that "if" she flips town, to look at voth. I've gone over the scenarios for this intel, but what is bugging me is why its these 3 names being lumped together throughout the entire phase. We should learn a lot tonight, if we have as many protective roles as has been hinted, Missa probably doesn't need to worry too much about being nightkilled. The part I'm interested in when it comes to mechanics is whether it's plausible that Voth can protect himself or not. If not, his claim falls apart to me.

I don't understand voting between Rodney and Field how to pick one or the other, but we have to make a decision today and do something, so if things stay status quo I'll leave my vote on Rodney and learn what we can from that, and from the results of the upcoming night. That being said,

Vote RODNEY

Fis, Willby, you guys that host a lot, is it plausible that the bodyguard can protect himself? I've never been on, nor hosted one with a bodyguard, so I'm interested in your answers on this.
    JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
    the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Originally posted by field View Post

Stop giving her ideas and let her speak.
      Missa time to share those details you wished not to share.

​​​​​I was under the impression that we were not supposed to be PMing so I didn't even consider prospect of anyone PMing. So, no, I don't think she knows because someone came out to her and shared results.

I was more under the impression that her role is modified (though not stated in OP). If yours can be, why not hers?
      Originally posted by Missa
      Keep digging your grave, buddy.
      Originally posted by Missa
      Already said they can lynch me, you'll be the one they turn to next when I'm town. You probably should have kept under the radar.
      There it is. She spoke. She spoke 30 words, not one of which said anything of substance or interest.

She did not address anyone's questions. Not mine, not yours, not anyone's. And this is the platform people are voting on?

Unreal.
      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post
        Fis, Willby, you guys that host a lot, is it plausible that the bodyguard can protect himself? I've never been on, nor hosted one with a bodyguard, so I'm interested in your answers on this.
        I struggle with the term "Bodyguard". I would usually interpret it as what field posted earlier.
        Voth Pretty much Claims to be an x-shot Doctor. In my world, doctors can protect themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by fiS View Post

I struggle with the term "Bodyguard". I would usually interpret it as what field posted earlier.
          Voth Pretty much Claims to be an x-shot Doctor. In my world, doctors can protect themselves.
          Quoting myself here, this is actually what should make my fur radar go off.
          His roleclaim is not really waterproof imo. But what do I know.

Comment

That is essentially how it was explained to me. I have x-shot ability to use wolfsbane to protect the entrances of a villager's residence from werewolf entry, thus protecting them from nightkill.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
            TWLJ Champion Season 11
            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Quoting myself here, this is actually what should make my fur radar go off.
              His roleclaim is not really waterproof imo. But what do I know.
              I'm certainly not suggesting that anyone should consider me confirmed town in any way. That would be a complete scum move. I'm telling you all, this is the ability that I have, and this is how I deployed it (partially) on night 1. I have explained to excess WHY I deployed it that way, and I don't think it is unreasonable. I also think it might not be understood by those who were not in the position I was last game, walking into a fresh game with a power role and the feeling of a target on my back still from the previous game. It shouldn't be that way, but it is - and we won't know if I was targeted or not for sure for a while, I assume.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Since its really coming to this point and nobody can read between the fucking lines in what ive been saying after he role claimed because apparently all of you are uneducated in reading peoples hidden intentions with each post they make. Let me lean myself further out here to the point where i probably get killed tonight

VOTH IS 100% LYING ABOUT HIS CLAIM

Anyone who blindly followed Voth in voting me has a high probability of being scum
                Big Chill

Comment

• Originally posted by RoDNeY View Post
                  Since its really coming to this point and nobody can read between the fucking lines in what ive been saying after he role claimed because apparently all of you are uneducated in reading peoples hidden intentions with each post they make. Let me lean myself further out here to the point where i probably get killed tonight

VOTH IS 100% LYING ABOUT HIS CLAIM

Anyone who blindly followed Voth in voting me has a high probability of being scum
                  Do you intend to actually address any of the questions I have asked you, or are you just in the business of saying things like I bolded above? If you were town, how would you ever be able to say that? 100%? I don't consider Missa 100% Witch, I don't consider you 100% scum, I just consider you the most likely to flip scum that I've seen so far. You are talking about the game in absolutes, and the only people who can talk in absolutes are scum, who are chatting with their scum team right now and plotting against the town.

I will say again, though. It would be nice if you actually conversed with me. At this point, I am dissecting your posts, responding, and then this is all I get in response. What do you expect? You're not addressing anything. You're avoiding everything.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season 11
                  TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post

Do you intend to actually address any of the questions I have asked you, or are you just in the business of saying things like I bolded above? If you were town, how would you ever be able to say that? 100%? I don't consider Missa 100% Witch, I don't consider you 100% scum, I just consider you the most likely to flip scum that I've seen so far. You are talking about the game in absolutes, and the only people who can talk in absolutes are scum, who are chatting with their scum team right now and plotting against the town.

I will say again, though. It would be nice if you actually conversed with me. At this point, I am dissecting your posts, responding, and then this is all I get in response. What do you expect? You're not addressing anything. You're avoiding everything.
                    You're not going to coerce me into providing more information for you and your scum team Voth, you are 100% lying about your roleclaim or ixt has put us into the most broken and bastard setup i have ever seen in any game of mafia
                    Big Chill

Comment

ixt has put us into the most broken and bastard setup i have ever seen in any game of mafia
                      I just got up and I'm still trying to process everything that happened while i was asleep but you honestly don't think this could be a possibility?
                      3:Tsunami> under all you really have to do is fine tune that fiddle and stroke the strings harder than you ever have before

RaCka> i could've brought my subspace butthole catalogue

Comment

• like willby said, this game has gotten silly. Town must have the majority of uneducated players on it this game because its getting ridiculous
                        Big Chill

Comment

You're not going to coerce me into providing more information for you and your scum team Voth, you are 100% lying about your roleclaim or ixt has put us into the most broken and bastard setup i have ever seen in any game of mafia
                          How can you even say that? Refer to the bolded portion above. Do you have someone else roleclaiming bodyguard to you? Or a different protective role? I'm not asking who they are, but if that's the case, then why wouldn't you come at me directly with that as your case to lynch me? I fucking doubt you have shit, dude. I'm the town bodyguard. And to be fair, my role is literally perfect to help Missa (assuming she is the witch) survive long enough to make this game a town win. They don't know when, or if, I will protect her, and that is the scary part for the scum. They can't afford to waste a nightkill by failing targeting her, and they can't afford to ignore the fact that she might be the key to a town win.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                          TWLJ Champion Season 11
                          TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Undercut View Post

I just got up and I'm still trying to process everything that happened while i was asleep but you honestly don't think this could be a possibility?
                            Are you planning on adding anything to this conversation? Are you planning on voting? You show up to post a few sentences without any real commitment to anything. It's getting old. How are you leaning with this lynch vote? Do you have any thoughts on Missa's reluctance/refusal to release any information on the alleged incriminating evidence she has against me, even though no one is asking for names and multiple people are asking?

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                            TWLJ Champion Season 11
                            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Had this post written up before I for called into a meeting... Apologies if it's not updated to address anything that's been written since my most recent post. Haven't read yet.

@voth
                              I don't think a vendetta is the reason she voted you. At least I hope not because that would be ridiculous, and as anti-town as they come.

And the whole PMing business with Exalt is odd considering we are not supposed to be PMing. That's how I understood ixt's note in the OP.

Missa needs to speak before I change my vote.
                              And for what it's worth I'm glad it's Rodney now not beast.

Because, reasons:

​​​​​​​
                              Originally posted by RoDNeY View Post

My vote was on you well before Missa even came into play dont try to group me into people trying to "throw you under the bus as quickly as possible" my vote isnt even on you right now which i know you know because my vote switching was quite the hot topic a few pages back. I based my vote on you under the interpretation that Exalt had some knowledge that you were scum, so i went with it, we had nothing yet. I also even stated how its possible that both you and Exalt are scum and it was his attempt to distance from you and didnt expect it to gain traction and that he backed off of you all of a sudden without information once you started to get pressured and then tried to aim that pressure on me.

Paul brings up a decent point here, Missa claims to have extra information. What kind of extra information could that even possibly be? We have had one phase of actions and so far she says that she used her potion on exalt and that exalt was targeted by werewolves. There is no hint at another mechanic into her role. She wouldn't have additional information on if she used her poison on someone since she used her healing potion instead. Then she says that she is getting a scum vibe from Voth, not that she has extra information on Voth.

One of the biggest things that i have a problem with here is that she went for Voth and not Beast who would have been the appropriate person to put her vote on if she was in fact trying to save her own life. If she in fact did protect exalt and learned that he was targeted there is NO relation to Voth besides Exalts vote on Voth which he revoked. If Exalt had actual results that Voth was scum why the fuck would he un-vote him and not pursue that lynch as hard as he had pursued me in past games practically BEGGING every second he got for me to be lynched?

I am failing to see why Missa is throwing this vote at Voth when she has no proof that he had anything to do with her actions. I am hesitant about this claim it seems too perfect and it seems like something Exalt would help fabricate with her. I am absolutely NOT asking for anyone to counterclaim Witch on Day 1 but lets look at it this way.

If we lynch missa and she flips scum, exalt is next to be lynched as she tried to paint him town with her action. If she and exalt came up with this Exalt is likely under the impression that he will survive a few phases because town would be insane to lynch someone who claimed Witch and best case scenario someone counter claims and they find the real witch on Day 1. This gives us a scum lynch on Missa, one dead townie at night POSSIBLY our own witch and then we lynch exalt and get two scum dead in a row.

If we lynch Missa and she flips town Witch we arguably lose our strongest town role and we can confirm Exalt as Town and follow their posts as leads and begin to pressure the players that jumped quickly onto the Missa bandwagon. This gives us NO direct dead scum and instead gives us two dead town as one would die at night also but gives us 1 confirmed Townie in Exalt who lets be honest would likely be killed the next day so it would leave town with no confirmed townies.

This brings me to my next point, What if Missa is the Mecha? This play for scum would paint her town as witch, paint exalt town and provide them with a double kill night phase. This would be a POWER MOVE for scum
                              Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by field View Post
                                Had this post written up before I for called into a meeting... Apologies if it's not updated to address anything that's been written since my most recent post. Haven't read yet.

@voth
                                I don't think a vendetta is the reason she voted you. At least I hope not because that would be ridiculous, and as anti-town as they come.

And the whole PMing business with Exalt is odd considering we are not supposed to be PMing. That's how I understood ixt's note in the OP.

Missa needs to speak before I change my vote.
                                And for what it's worth I'm glad it's Rodney now not beast.

Because, reasons:

​​​​​​​
                                First line: So what is the reason then? I know you're asking, and I appreciate it. I'm asking too. But she did speak, and there was 30 words explaining NOTHING.

Second line: I agree. I mentioned the "no PMing rule" a while back as well. And again, like I said above, she did speak, and said nothing about anything, other than that when she's lynched, town will look to lynch me. I ask again... who is even saying to lynch her?

Third line: Not sure what to feel about that. Rodney has said a ton of scummy shit, and it's only getting worse. I hope this isn't your way of distancing from him.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Working...
                                X