[MAFIA] AWOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fiS View Post
    Rodney btw, now that the Western game is over. Who did you target night 1?
    Targetted missa, she got protected by scum doctor. You can imagine how enraged I became when I was subbed into the mafia team to learn I was right in targetting her but was denied the kill
    Big Chill

Comment

Haha. Yeah. But it's kinda brave as a vigi to shoot the first night.

Ok so let's bring some thought into our current game.
      I think the mecha wolf mechanic is quite interesting. I like it, it reads like a really powerfurr role.

Comment

Originally posted by RoDNeY View Post

Targetted missa, she got protected by scum doctor. You can imagine how enraged I became when I was subbed into the mafia team to learn I was right in targetting her but was denied the kill
        That made me laugh out loud. Makes me wonder how Exalt felt chasing you that game he was the vigilante!!

Yeah, fis, I had already posted. But go on ahead, girl!

Comment

Man, posting dropped off hard this afternoon. Are there really that many euros? Or are we just waiting for field to post his write up still?

Comment

At this rate we may need 5 days

Comment

Something I plan on doing soon when I get a chance, but question to Will (& others):

With 12 players, and assuming 4 scum players, what roles from OP do you envision being in this game?
              Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

ixt can you confirm if the role descriptions on the link provided are accurate?
                For example, "Witch" gets 1-shot poison and 1-shot revive?
                Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Missa View Post
                  Be careful, Will. If you even say Exalt's name, you're his scum buddy around these parts.

He shall now be referred to as HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED.
                  If you are his scum buddy, be not afraid.
                  I will lynch you in due time.

For now, what do you think the best course of action for town is?
                  ​​​​​​
                  ​​​​
                  Trench Wars Player

Comment

Originally posted by WillBy View Post

Iirc you were a cop both times. What are the odds of you pulling off a hat trick?
                    Let's not talk odds.
                    Liverpool vs. Tottenham
                    Trench Wars Player

Comment

Originally posted by field View Post

Let's not talk odds.
                      Liverpool vs. Tottenham
                      Speak English please

Comment

Ok so im going to go through ixts setup post and give my interpretation of the format of this game

Originally posted by ixt View Post
                        I have decided to start this game a little differently in the consideration some may be not as familiar with werewolf structure. The following roles MUST appear in game.
                        WEREWOLF TEAM: Alpha werewolf See Mafia Godfather.
                        Mecha-werewolf On Day 1, you may choose one person to imitate skill. If you choose a townie, you will appear townie if checked by seer. If select a person with ability, you will learn that ability. If you select a wolf, you will earn a 1-shot double murder ability.
                        VILLAGE TEAM: Seer See Cop.
                        Witch
                        Townie

ixt explicitly says that these roles MUST appear in this game, so they are guaranteed.

Werewolf Team
                        Alpha Werewolf - Godfather scum
                        Mecha-Werewolf - Interesting role here, the description states that if they select a wolf they earn a 1 shot double murder ability. Does this make the mecha a third party and not know who the werewolfs are although it is listed under Werewolf team? Or does the werewolf simply have the choice to choose to gamble and get a random role/investigate innocent or pick one of their scum buds and get a chance to kill two in 1 shot one night. Seems a bit OP if the latter is the case but i have a feeling that may be it.

Village Team
                        Seer
                        - Cop
                        Witch - From the role description on the link ixt shared it seems the witch has a 1 shot revival and a 1 shot poison. Im not sure if the poison kills immediately or if its a slow kill but it sounds like a vigi shot to me. The way the role is described it also looks like the Witch isnt in the game until the moderator appoints it? Could just be specific to that link and not forum mafia so we may or may not already have a witch in play.
                        Townie - Vanilla Townie

And then the POSSIBLE roles listed already have a pretty decent description in them

Originally posted by ixt View Post
                        The following roles may or may not occur this game:
                        VILLAGE TEAM: Beast hunter You may set a trap on someone during the night. The trap takes one phase to activate. If werewolves attack the person the trap is on, a werewolf dies in order of power (exception is the Alpha).
                        Cupid On Day 1, you may choose two players to be "lovers". If of the same allegiance, your win conditions are of that side. If a townie and a werewolf is chosen, you are the "third-party", having win conditions of the third-party.
                        Hunter If lynched or killed during the night, acitvate ability to kill another player with your dying breath. You may choose not to open fire, but if hit with witch poison you may NOT open fire.
                        Shield You may choose one person to defend each night. You may NOT defend the same person on consecutive days. If the same person receives witch heal and shield defense, that person dies anyway.
                        Doctor
                        Bodyguard
                        Tough guy You have a 1-shot ability to defend someone. If successful, that person will not die and you will directly know the identiy of the attacker. You are wounded, and will die in the upcoming phase.

WEREWOLF TEAM:Werewolf
                        Wolf Shaman Each day you may choose one person to "shaman". If checked by the seer, they will appear as wolf.
                        Wolf seer See Mafia Cop.
                        Contagious wolf The werewolf team can choose someone to kill and infect them, turning them to the werewolf team. However, if the contagious werewolf's target has been used by any protective role, the ability is useless.
                        If i were to guess we are looking at a Werewolf team of
                        Alpha
                        Mecha
                        Shaman
                        Werewolf

To balance this i would guess a Village team of

Seer
                        Witch
                        Doctor
                        Beast Hunter
                        Tough Guy
                        Vanilla
                        Vanilla
                        Vanilla

Anyone care to add their own thoughts?

Big Chill

Comment

I apologize forgot to mention fairly important in typical Werewolf mechanic, there is NO d1 lynch. The purpose is so people get acquainted with some new roles, the seer is able to have at least one night of investigation, and the witch has the chance to decide whether to save or not.

​​@field role descriptions are accurate, didn't want to rewrite those roles too similar to mafia.

Comment

Ok so im going to go through ixts setup post and give my interpretation of the format of this game

ixt explicitly says that these roles MUST appear in this game, so they are guaranteed.

Werewolf Team
                            Mecha-Werewolf - Interesting role here, the description states that if they select a wolf they earn a 1 shot double murder ability. Does this make the mecha a third party and not know who the werewolfs are although it is listed under Werewolf team? Or does the werewolf simply have the choice to choose to gamble and get a random role/investigate innocent or pick one of their scum buds and get a chance to kill two in 1 shot one night. Seems a bit OP if the latter is the case but i have a feeling that may be it.

Village Team
                            Seer
                            - Cop
                            Witch - From the role description on the link ixt shared it seems the witch has a 1 shot revival and a 1 shot poison. Im not sure if the poison kills immediately or if its a slow kill but it sounds like a vigi shot to me. The way the role is described it also looks like the Witch isnt in the game until the moderator appoints it? Could just be specific to that link and not forum mafia so we may or may not already have a witch in play.
                            Townie - Vanilla Townie

And then the POSSIBLE roles listed already have a pretty decent description in them

Alpha
                            Mecha
                            Shaman
                            Werewolf

Seer
                            Witch
                            Doctor
                            Beast Hunter
                            Tough Guy
                            Vanilla
                            Vanilla
                            Vanilla

If the Mecha Werewolf picked a fellow teammate, he/she has a 1-shot double kill, yes meaning they can choose two people to simultaneously target at night. However, if this case occurs its a one time thing, not every day.

The Witch has already been assigned. Yes, if you want to describe it by mafia terms the poison can be seen as a vigilante.
                            Last edited by ixt; 05-13-2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Werewolf Team

Village Team
                              Seer
                              - Cop
                              Townie - Vanilla Townie

Alpha
                              Mecha
                              Shaman
                              Werewolf

Seer
                              Witch
                              Doctor
                              Beast Hunter
                              Tough Guy
                              Vanilla
                              Vanilla
                              Vanilla

Shaman is essentially a framer and it is being used instead of roleblocker to balance against Follow the Cop. I agree it must be in the game.

​​​​​​I think the Cupid role is just as likely as BH or TG. From mod POV, it makes the game interesting (and more high stakes if lovers die together). But I've never used it so idk how it would tip the balance.

Since town has no RB, Beast Hunter sounds like a good balance against stacked scum roles. It kills their top roles (am guessing Mecha then Shaman).

I'd replace TG with Cupid. That's about it.
                              Trench Wars Player

Comment

About Mecha, the Witch (1 revive 1 poison) is supposed to balance against double kill.
                                Trench Wars Player

Comment

Working...
                                X