[MAFIA] AWOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post

im not sure what to make of exalt and voth quite yet. exalt votes voth with no reasoning, which is fine, but then rodney following right away is odd. going to have to look into rodney's doings.

once again you seem to be on the lynch inactives train. while ive argued against it in the past, im starting to see that forum mafia is just not for everyone apparently. im still hesitant though becuase its early in the game yet... sort of... whatever you call this phase. beast should have had at least some sort of opportunity to post. does anyone remember beast playing in older games?

as far as forced comments, either people are talking just to talk or they are trying to insinuate they have some sort of results.

paul, if you had to choose a second choice after beast, who would it be?
    Beast didnt even post on the signup thread, let alone this one. There have been opportunities.

Comment

• I really just dont feel good about jumping to conclusions on exalts post. If he could elaborate some for us then it might be a solid lead that we could go off but for now
      Vote: Beast
      Until he manages to post something I agree with paul and getting rid of inactives.
      3:Tsunami> under all you really have to do is fine tune that fiddle and stroke the strings harder than you ever have before

RaCka> i could've brought my subspace butthole catalogue

Comment

• For the people voting Beast:
        If he does post, your votes should go off him, at least until we get a chance to get a read on him.

I will consider voting for Beast if there are no better options.
        Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by Undercut View Post
          I really just dont feel good about jumping to conclusions on exalts post. If he could elaborate some for us then it might be a solid lead that we could go off but for now
          Vote: Beast
          Until he manages to post something I agree with paul and getting rid of inactives.
          What's the best way for scum to use Mecha wolf?
          Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post

To be fair, I'm also feeling a little burned out. I'll host the next one, but I think we should all take a short break
            Smoke a doobie and get your ass back in the game.
            We need you.

On a serious note, the only problem I see is if people go MIA in that short break.
            ​​​​​​
            Trench Wars Player

Comment

• Originally posted by field View Post

What's the best way for scum to use Mecha wolf?
              I know this wasn't directed at me, but you made me think about it again and I wanted to add to what I said before.

In a game of 12 players, I assume there are 4 scum, given that there is no indication of a third party either on ixt's game breakdown and also because there was no kills at all last night.

A scum team can, with one swift motion, take it from 8-4 to 6-4 in one night. That is insane. All they would need after that is to get another townie lynched during a day phase and the game would be all but over unless the witch was hugely clutch... but still very unlikely.
              7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
              Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10
              Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

So did you like... mix up rodney and Voth? Cause field and rodney were going hard at it and voth was munching on some popcorn.

Now if you're voting Voth because exalt wants you to, that's different.
                I did absolutely mix them up. I read a lot of crap last night then into today, and that was careless. When I saw Exalt's post, I thought he saw things the way I did. My bad. I don't think it's a good idea to lynch someone we know nothing about (the inactive one -- ixt said he'd handle it, hopefully), whereas we have at least been able to get hunches one way or the other so far. I feel obligated to unvote Voth until I reread and make sure I pick the right weirdo -- it was someone between Field/Rodney/Will that stood out to me. Maybe my subconscious just can't let him go, lol.

Unvote: Voth

I'll reassess and get back to you. Now I just look like an idiot LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                  paul, if you had to choose a second choice after beast, who would it be?
                  After Beast would be Soilderz, for the same reason as Beast. Soil seemed a little burned out at the end of last game, so it wouldn't shock me too much if he ends up not playing or whatever, but he's been active before which is why I put Beast at #1.

Beyond that, reading it as it was going on, the Rodney/Field spat just seemed weird to me. It felt like they disagreed on something insignificant, then went over the top to make sure the disagreement was very obvious. I could have been misreading that though, but one of the major mistakes the mafia made early last game was not distancing themselves from each other early on, it's what led to Missa getting lynched right after Exalt. Maybe I'm being extra cynical, because I would assume people noticed that mistake last game, and that the mafia (or werewolves, whatever) would make an effort to not repeat that mistake. But, at the end of the day, it's basically day 1 and we have nothing to go on, so I'm left to grasp at straws. I don't feel strongly enough about either of these 2 to vote on them, but it's on my radar. Field and Rodney are both good players too, so its more likely I just misread or misinterpreted what happened.

The voth vote is weird to me too, not least because Exalt started it. Exalt is very unhappy with me and Voth from last game, so I'm automatically suspicious of his motives for voting Voth. There's a chance he investigated Voth last night and got a result and wants to test his sanity, which is understandable. I'm not sure that is worth it to me, lynching a potential town PR just to find out he's na?ve or paranoid is possible. I also do not want to know if he investigated Voth last night, because it is basically day 1 and that would be suicide to claim so early. Exalt could also be a roleblocker who targeted Voth, and is taking the no night kill as a sign that Voth was sent to make the kill that didn't happen. That would actually be a better result to gamble on than just a cop result, but it's still pretty risky since we don't know anything about doctors or anything else. In short, I have a hard time believing that there is conclusive evidence that makes the risk worth it. The only irrefutable evidence would be a tracker following someone to the person who got killed, but that's obviously not our situation.

So in short, I have said a whole lot of nothing. Rodney and Field spat strikes me as scummy, but I should be wrong. Exalt is either: salty, a cop, a roleblocker, or mafia. I'm not personally prepared to lynch Voth based on what we know, but I guess I could understand if other people think it is. Inactivity is what is killing TW mafia for a variety of reasons. People are getting burned out because they are having to force all discussion on their own, and its exhausting. I don't understand how 2 people (unless I missed a soil post) can be so busy that they can't make 1 post in the time since this started, so my plan is to lynch Beast/Soilderz these next 2 day phases unless something more substantial and concrete comes to light.

So a whole essay where I manage to avoid saying anything of substance! Pretty impressive if I do say myself. Now tell me how this makes me scummy please.

JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                  the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• youre right, that was a lot of words that didnt really say a whole lot.

2 things on possible roles, i would think that at least naive would be tossed out. doesnt make any sense to me either in the game setup or that it could lead to a vote with conviction. also you mentioned roleblocker, looking at the list of possible roles i dont think any of those look like a roleblocker.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post

I know this wasn't directed at me, but you made me think about it again and I wanted to add to what I said before.

In a game of 12 players, I assume there are 4 scum, given that there is no indication of a third party either on ixt's game breakdown and also because there was no kills at all last night.

A scum team can, with one swift motion, take it from 8-4 to 6-4 in one night. That is insane. All they would need after that is to get another townie lynched during a day phase and the game would be all but over unless the witch was hugely clutch... but still very unlikely.
                      Yeah, this is terrifying. Seems pretty suboptimal for the mecha wolf to pick anything but mafia or maybe the witch. Investigating as innocent seems pretty tight, but compared to a double kill? Especially when it's like 6-4.

So why didnt they use the double kill last night? If I were scum, I would choose the double kill and save it for the night after a mislynch. Quick 3 player turnaround.

I'm trying to balance this in my head and the only thing that works is we are stacked on protective roles. Paul mentioned that exalt might be roleblocker, but that's not listed as a possible role this game. There are many protective roles though...

Comment

• Also, paul, the reason you're scummy is the big "Peyton Manning" in your sig. I get it though, being excited about a qb.

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post

so my plan is to lynch Beast/Soilderz these next 2 day phases unless something more substantial and concrete comes to light.
                          alright, i can understand trying to pressure someone inactive into posting but this almost seems like a planned way to avoid suspicion for 2 lynches. this is tw mafia, it would be very odd if we someone made it through not one but 2 lynches without someone coming out and claiming some sort of knowledge. i cant for the life of me see that at all happening.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• I agree it's very unlikely, that's just my plan as we stand now, I'll be more than willing to listen to anyone who offers something. I don't have anything, so this is my plan at this moment.

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Comment

• Originally posted by Missa View Post

I did absolutely mix them up. I read a lot of crap last night then into today, and that was careless. When I saw Exalt's post, I thought he saw things the way I did. My bad. I don't think it's a good idea to lynch someone we know nothing about (the inactive one -- ixt said he'd handle it, hopefully), whereas we have at least been able to get hunches one way or the other so far. I feel obligated to unvote Voth until I reread and make sure I pick the right weirdo -- it was someone between Field/Rodney/Will that stood out to me. Maybe my subconscious just can't let him go, lol.

Unvote: Voth

I'll reassess and get back to you. Now I just look like an idiot LOL
                              Your subconscious has a huge vendetta against me...LOL.
                              7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                              Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                              TWLJ Champion Season 11
                              TWLB All-Star Season 10
                              Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Paul mentioned that exalt might be roleblocker, but that's not listed as a possible role this game. There are many protective roles though...
                                You're absolutely right, I misread the descriptions of the role and it seems like roleblocker is off the table. This strengthens my feeling that this Voth train isn't the best idea, because a roleblock would have been the closest thing to concrete evidence (though still with plenty of holes)

Comment

Working...
                                X