[MAFIA] AWOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post

Wait a minute, if scum almost never get lynched day 1 then how is going for a no lynch day 1 a scum move? The lack of consistency with when and where you choose to apply logic is absolutely exhausting. I defended a no lynch 2 games ago and you wrote essays saying its always a mistake, now you're saying day 1 lynches almost never get scum. Which one is it? I'm not getting into this again, you throw darts if you want, I'm going to weed out inactivity. I'm open to voting Soil or anyone else who's been inactive too if people are concerned about Beast being town. Inactivity is the bane of the mafia community here, its been over 48 hours and still not a word (and no posts to volunteer to be a sub)
    What makes you think I'll be going for a No Lynch today? I'm just voting where I think scum is, same as I did two games ago by voting you and not ixt on day 1. Voting for scum isn't voting to no lynch. Purposely voting for a No Lynch is.

Also, if deadline hits and you're still tied, I'll probably hammer you, so it's likely in in your own interest to do something besides go after the inevitable replacement/modkill that won't defend themselves.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Missa View Post

Haha, no worries! I apparently slept through a phase change. I feel like this game is going to take forever. I have no lead, other than you coming at me making me a little suspicious of you!

I think at least 2 out of Field, Willby, Voth, and Rodney are mafia. Which two? I have no idea.
      You really think this qualifies as reasoning? "I think 2 of these people are mafia, but I don't know which ones or apparently why I think that, so vote one of them". Voth and I had a great run last game, but we never trusted each other then. My vote on Missa has nothing to do with the fact she voted on Voth in particular, but how she did it. Why was voth on her list? Exalt tried to start something on Voth, and that fizzled out very quickly. What did Voth do to get on her radar and almost nobody else's? What made Voth the vote over the other 3 names on that list?

There's just absolutely nothing at all to anything Missa has said, and that includes the actual vote. Again, I am totally on board with falling back on someone who hasn't even bothered to show up, unlike some others I wholeheartedly support that. But Missa has arguably contributed just as much as Soil/Beast/whoever else is inactive, and she's actually been here, which is almost worse than not showing up at all. Again, inactivity benefits scum, and someone who has gone to great lengths to provide absolutely nothing is in the same category as the no shows to me.

I'm not opposed to going back and voting for Beast/Soil to make something happen. I don't care if I get essays written about me, it doesn't bother me. I'm usually good with a no lynch on day 1, but I feel like we have enough to feel good about lynching someone for one reason or another, it just comes to choosing which one. For me, there's 3 options, Beast, Soilderz, and Missa (at this moment). I feel strongest about Missa, because what she has said has been so non committal and utterly without even repeating the analysis of others, she has been basically as active as Soil or Beast. But again, I won't lose sleep over any of them going today tbh. I'll switch votes to make it happen if I have to, I don't care. I've been very clear about how I'm going to vote to lynch someone inactive, it just so happens I have options this time.
      JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
      the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

What makes you think I'll be going for a No Lynch today? I'm just voting where I think scum is, same as I did two games ago by voting you and not ixt on day 1. Voting for scum isn't voting to no lynch. Purposely voting for a No Lynch is.

Also, if deadline hits and you're still tied, I'll probably hammer you, so it's likely in in your own interest to do something besides go after the inevitable replacement/modkill that won't defend themselves.
        You can go after me all you want, that doesn't bother me. I'm not going to do something I think is dumb because I'm worried about the essays you're going to write. I've been clear about the direction I'm going to go, and I'm going to make what I think is the right decision, not out of some fear of you trying to start another bandwagon.

By the way, you currently have a useless throwaway vote out there, so I'm not too worried about your impending rebuttal.

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Comment

• I agree with you all about missa, but not for the same reasons. She's been sporadic and random just like she was last game as scum, unlike her town game. It feels like a distinct playstyle difference, although I could be wrong about it. It's no different to Voth catching me up last game though, because it's been a long time since I've played scum. It's difficult to stay the same meta every game despite alignment without practice, and I think it's near impossible to do as a newer player who doesnt just lurk. Missa doesn't lurk as scum like we see in most new players, so it bites her in the ass. I still commend her for trying though. She is a much better player for it.

Anyway, regardless of what missa is doing, its a lot more than I can say about undercut right now. Why Missa over Undercut? I agree with the vibes a couple of you get from missa, but I want to know why we are ignoring all offenders here?

RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• offenders of what, specifically? im just not following your comment

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

I agree with you all about missa, but not for the same reasons. She's been sporadic and random just like she was last game as scum, unlike her town game. It feels like a distinct playstyle difference, although I could be wrong about it. It's no different to Voth catching me up last game though, because it's been a long time since I've played scum. It's difficult to stay the same meta every game despite alignment without practice, and I think it's near impossible to do as a newer player who doesnt just lurk. Missa doesn't lurk as scum like we see in most new players, so it bites her in the ass. I still commend her for trying though. She is a much better player for it.

Anyway, regardless of what missa is doing, its a lot more than I can say about undercut right now. Why Missa over Undercut? I agree with the vibes a couple of you get from missa, but I want to know why we are ignoring all offenders here?
              A fantastic point, and a question I don't really have to answer to. To be honest, I've been fixated on Beast (and soil to a lesser extent), and was pretty well set on getting him gone. Missa's post struck me as so egregious, that it actually made me change my mind on something I knew I was going to do from when the night 1 phase started, which is saying something. To be completely honest, until you brought this up, I wasn't even sure Under was in this game. I'll have to actually go back and find his posts. I've read every post made in the mafia forums since I came back, so his posts have to be really forgettable to have me not even be aware he's around. If under is as egregious as Missa has been, I'm all in on voting him out. If Missa comes and defends her list and backs her vote on Voth, I'm all in on changing to Beast/Soil/maybe Under. I don't have any read on Under right now, I'm going to go back and see what he's said and go from there though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                offenders of what, specifically? im just not following your comment
                Offenders of either not posting at all, or posting just enough to not get a mod warning, while literally saying nothing. Missa voted, but her vote was "vote: voth". Apparently Under is in this game (oops), and has said nothing of substance at all, so he should be in the same boat of suspicion as Missa/Beast/Soil

Comment

I agree with you all about missa, but not for the same reasons. She's been sporadic and random just like she was last game as scum, unlike her town game. It feels like a distinct playstyle difference, although I could be wrong about it. It's no different to Voth catching me up last game though, because it's been a long time since I've played scum. It's difficult to stay the same meta every game despite alignment without practice, and I think it's near impossible to do as a newer player who doesnt just lurk. Missa doesn't lurk as scum like we see in most new players, so it bites her in the ass. I still commend her for trying though. She is a much better player for it.

Yeah, I'm definitely slowing moving Undercut higher and higher on my scum list. Like I responded to him before, the guy is all but MIA, probably on a similar level as Missa, but not as bad as Beast/Soild clearly), and then shows up for a 4 sentence do-nothing post except that it defended Missa. Clearly at this point is either strapped for time to actually play properly, or has no interest in scum hunting.

I do want to mention also, I can't remember who initially brought it up, but where the hell did field go? That was an odd drop off of activity as we get down to crunch time.
                  7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                  Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season 11
                  TWLB All-Star Season 10
                  Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

You can go after me all you want, that doesn't bother me. I'm not going to do something I think is dumb because I'm worried about the essays you're going to write. I've been clear about the direction I'm going to go, and I'm going to make what I think is the right decision, not out of some fear of you trying to start another bandwagon.

By the way, you currently have a useless throwaway vote out there, so I'm not too worried about your impending rebuttal.
                    If all you can say against me after I peg you as scum is that I write essays, then you've got nothing at all worth saying and have done just as much as beast or missa or Undercut has.

Scum always go after the easiest player on Day 1, and what's easier than an inactive player who will never come online to post? Your other scum games are the same, and you go after MIA people or lynchbait players like ixt.

If you're so worried about activity, then lynch an active player and watch as they magically replace Beast/Soilderz. If that doesnt happen, then a modkill is better than wasting a lynch on someone that is essentially the same as a No Lynch in terms of info gained. It's worthless for actually finding active scum players. It's just lazy. Mine as well modkill them and have two straight night phases in a row for scum to kill indescrimenently with your shitty plan. All that will be left will conveniently be you and a few lynchbait players.
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Offenders of either not posting at all, or posting just enough to not get a mod warning, while literally saying nothing. Missa voted, but her vote was "vote: voth". Apparently Under is in this game (oops), and has said nothing of substance at all, so he should be in the same boat of suspicion as Missa/Beast/Soil
                      got it, yes. i was reading into it in the sense under's been posting things wildly... however you are correct... he hasnt posted anything at all. nothing that matters at least.

Comment

If all you can say against me after I peg you as scum is that I write essays, then you've got nothing at all worth saying and have done just as much as beast or missa or Undercut has.

Scum always go after the easiest player on Day 1, and what's easier than an inactive player who will never come online to post? Your other scum games are the same, and you go after MIA people or lynchbait players like ixt.

If you're so worried about activity, then lynch an active player and watch as they magically replace Beast/Soilderz. If that doesnt happen, then a modkill is better than wasting a lynch on someone that is essentially the same as a No Lynch in terms of info gained. It's worthless for actually finding active scum players. It's just lazy. Mine as well modkill them and have two straight night phases in a row for scum to kill indescrimenently with your shitty plan. All that will be left will conveniently be you and a few lynchbait players.
                        actually, this game youre seeming to stand out a bit since you are not posting 'essays.' i mean, the previous games its certainly been true, but i dont really see it in this one so far

Comment

If all you can say against me after I peg you as scum is that I write essays, then you've got nothing at all worth saying and have done just as much as beast or missa or Undercut has. Scum always go after the easiest player on Day 1, and what's easier than an inactive player who will never come online to post? Your other scum games are the same, and you go after MIA people or lynchbait players like ixt. If you're so worried about activity, then lynch an active player and watch as they magically replace Beast/Soilderz. If that doesnt happen, then a modkill is better than wasting a lynch on someone that is essentially the same as a No Lynch in terms of info gained. It's worthless for actually finding active scum players. It's just lazy. Mine as well modkill them and have two straight night phases in a row for scum to kill indescrimenently with your shitty plan. All that will be left will conveniently be you and a few lynchbait players.
                          I hate subbing in somebody who already died almost as much as inactivity. Will and Rodney did a great job last game, don't get me wrong, but you spend the whole game up until you die playing your role, then you get a new role and have to try to not change your playstyle too much and make it obvious. I get it, it's probably better than nothing, but it's not something I'm a huge fan of either. If Missa sees the heat and comes back and defends her posts, that's a win for me, because it's forcing activity. Same with Undercut or whatever name you want to plug in there. Beast seems like a lost cause and would be more of an anger vote from me at this point, same with soil. By the way, "pegging" me as scum implies that you've made some great observation or have intel that makes it likely that I'm scum. The only thing you have to go on is that you don't like my vote and you think it's inconsequential. Meanwhile, you are the only one with a vote on me, and that train looks like it's going to leave the station about as well as the train you tried to start on the last person you "pegged", Voth. What's funny is that last game I was scum, I was going for a no-lynch, and you said that going for no-lynch is always a scum move. Then you said that day 1 lynches rarely find scum earlier in this game. And now you allege that I always try to lynch someone weak on day 1. Which is it? I've been back for 2 games, first one when I was mafia I went for a no lynch, 2nd one when I was town I went for you. Again, your lack of consistency just keeps on coming out

Comment

• Back to things that matter

Originally posted by Voth View Post
                            I do want to mention also, I can't remember who initially brought it up, but where the hell did field go? That was an odd drop off of activity as we get down to crunch time.
                            It's hard for me to gauge what normal activity is, because I can be on here at work and stuff more often than most people. Field's last post was about 12:30 AM for me (Mountain time), which would be 12ish hours ago. If he was up that late (to me), it's the middle of the workday across the USA so he could have just gone to work after sleeping right? The timing doesn't look great as far as how the game was progressing, but the timestamps on his posts make me think this might be us reading a little too much into it. Unless someone who knows Field better finds this odd, I don't even know if he's American or anything like that, it just doesn't strike me as suspiciously odd yet.

Comment

• Apologies guys, busy day at work.

I'm OK with lynching either Rodney or Missa. Rodney for the odd quick vote-unvote. I understand there was a mod fuckup and won't fault Rodney for it. He did get too defensive about it though. And the entire reasoning behind his vote swap to beast is so he avoids getting lynched, but he wasn't even in danger at that point and half the players had not even voted.

Missa - simple meta read. She's playing similarly to last game, and she was scum in that. Her behavior has been odd, too.

Undercut's defense of Missa was unwarranted, and he hasn't contributed much. Hard to read but probably scum as he's playing different than previous game (another meta read).

I have a good feeling about fis/WillBy. After all, WillBy is a batshit crazy redneck. Not a wolf so i'll run with that.
                              ​​​
                              One of tp/voth/Exalt has got to be scum.
                              ​​​​​​Not enough for me to go after any of them. For what it's worth they're all active people who are generating conversation and while that's a plus for town we can't discount one of them being scum.

One thing I didn't like about tp is his constant "I don't care..." which seemed overly defensive. Not playing 20 questions this game so that's a good sign I guess.

One thing I didn't like about Exalt is his pointing fingers at so many people. That tells me you are afraid of pointing fingers at one person, because if you're wrong (and you would know that as scum), you will have a lot of heat on you. But accusing multiple people of being scum for vague reasons is easier to buy and keeps town pointing fingers rather than narrow down the potential list of scum. And no, I'm not saying trust everyone.

I didn't see anything odd from voth yet. Seems to be reading the game from a town mindset.
                              Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• I feel like there's so much going on right now, in so many different directions, and I actually like it more than just one obvious train on person X.
                                But it's hard to follow and I think it's tough to find a decision. For me at least it's tough, there's not a single player here I'm really confident voting on.

Originally posted by WillBy View Post
                                fis: hiding in plain sight again. That was her strat last game as town and sk, so no read. Picking on Missa hard. What's your take on the votes for her? Will you unvote rodney to break the tie?
                                Missa pretty much did the same thing that Rodney did just after I voted Rodney and unvoted Missa.

Also: since the phase change was announced to be in xx hours, I don't think my vote to tie means a lot. I expected more vote changes to happen, so my Intention absolutely isn't to force a no-lynch.
                                And remember, I played like 80% of last game as a VT, with the winning conditions of a VT, not as a SK. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X