Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ixt View Post
    thoughts on role setup exalt?
    Seemed fairly balanced to me, although maybe a bit overturned toward mafia with them having a roleblocker. They already had the Mafia Framer (Shaman) and Godfather (Alpha) to counteract the Seer, the Shield could have been counter-acted with the witch heal, the hunter could have been counter-acted with the witch poison, and the Mecha could have counteracted every possible role based on what they chose. The way the balancing against town worked, it was pretty much like a bunch of VTs against scum.

I also think it would have been possible to break the game with a mass claim on Day 1, since the witch was mod confirmed by you to be in the game, and every other town role was listed as well. Voth could claim Bodyguard (and did), but WillBy had no choice but to claim a role not listed, and that alone should have been enough to lynch him. Zeebu/Undercut would have been screwed in a mass claim as well. One of them would have likely gotten away with it for a while by claiming Doctor/Bodyguard/Tough Guy/VT, but only for a short time, and it's 100% likely at least one will have claimed the wrong PR and been counter-claimed. Voth was lucky he chose Bodyguard in this instance and his teammates didn't have to claim anything, but a mass claim would've ruined them.

I think the only thing I'd have possibly changed is the Mafia Roleblocker (or at least listed it as a possible werewolf role), and I'd have likely listed more pro-town, non-protective roles to give scum better fake-claim opportunities. They had to choose between a bunch of Doctor-type roles, and that obviously wouldn't work for all of them. In a vacuum, WillBy claiming tracker the way he did should have auto-lynched him, and Undercut/Zeebu having to claim would have done the same. Their only choice would've been to claim VT really. Cupid was mostly an anti-town role (likely to be third party or scum and not knowing their own alignment), so that would've been a bad claim too.

Anyway, that's just my $0.02. TL;DR: Change Mafia Roleblocker to something else, and add more fake-claim possibilities for scum. I'd also probably not confirm the witch has to be in the game, since had Missa been active, that should have won the game for town when scum didn't immediately counter-claim.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• In werewolf mechanic the witch along with seer are fixed roles so its in all players knowledge...yeah I was tinkering with what zeebu could do

Comment

• Honestly with the inactivity it?s so hard to tell who is lurking and who just doesn?t care anymore. Under made like 10 posts the entire game. It?s not like there are people lining up to sub, so there?s nothing really the host can do to enforce activity outside of mod killing, which just ends the game. I was skeptical of the setup Ixt, but most of the chaos just seems to be from the fact that so many of the power roles got targeted/had to roleclaim day 1. Everything was fine except for the activity from basically half of the people playing. I really appreciate you hosting though, I know it?s a thankless job.
        WillBy the scummiest thing you did was mention that you got a new dog, but you don?t even pay the dog tax? Pictures please, since it looks like TW Mafia is either dead or going on hiatus.
        JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
        the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

Fis, I think it's extremely apparent that Jessup has absolutely no idea what she's talking about and should never be listened to here. You are clearly the far better player. Jessup helping to lose this game and then blaming you for it is absolutely ridiculous, and you shouldn't take it seriously. Not a single person agrees with Jessup, and frankly, I dont even understand what Jessup thinks she saw this game. Half of what she said this game was factually incorrect, and either she doesn't understand what she reads, or she makes things up in her head and honestly believes they happened.

Anyway, gg Voth and WillBy. The fact that Voth could sway town into voting fis for absolutely no reason with literal caught scum sitting there instead is beyond my comprehension, but you managed to pull it off. I already wrote my 'i told you so' post to the townies before the lynch, so I'll just congratulate the scum players instead. Zeebu and undercut lurking the entire game was bullshit and I won't praise that (they'd have been lynched for it eventually too), but Voth played really well. He was the wildcard imo, since WillBy, zeebu, and Undercut were going to be successive lynches if I had my way, but Voth would have been up in the air still. I honestly dont know why people trusted him the entire game for no reason, but it worked.

PS: You guys got a little lucky Missa saved me N1, because I was the Hunter. I would have taken Voth with me had I actually died.

Also, townies, please learn what confirmed means. Missa being considered a lynch candidate after a claim of a mod confirmed role with no counter on Day 2 was one of the dumbest things I've ever read in mafia. Its really basic stuff. I won't get into the other huge inconsistencies that should have been understood by people, but this was a really big one imo. Had town listened to Missa, it would have won by lynching Voth and then WillBy.
          I agree with literally all of this.

To be completely honest, myself and Willby concocted the entire scam of him claiming tracker and me turning on him but gunning for fis ONLY because Jessup had such a hard on for fis immediately and even voted her immediately. We knew Jessup was retarded and emotional enough to be our swing vote and hoped we could persuade Paul too.

Exalts last post towards the end of that phase literally put flood lights on everything we were doing. I was pretty sure the gig was up after that post. When Jessup flopped to Willby, I expected Paul to do the same. When Jessup flipped back to fis, that confirmed that she is the worst mafia player ever, way worse than even wicket and ixt.

Undercut and zeebu were beyond useless the whole game.

Missa, I want you to know that what Exalt said is true. I have no personal issue with you and you seem like a nice person. Frankly, you play too emotional and it is easy to exploit whether you are scum and I am town or I am town and you are scum. Announcing that you were going to poison Willby was a horrible mistake, as zeebu used his 1 shot roleblock on you to block the promised attack. I am curious still, was saying you had secret intel on me just a lie? If so, it is pretty lame to just come at someone like that for no reason if you are town. At that point, I could have easily been town, yet you just come at me for personal reasons.

I do take issue with ixt saying the game was not
          technically over. Clearly stated to us our win condition was to get equal number mafia to town, and me and Willby only made that risky play because we just needed one bad lynch to win the game. We made it
          to equal numbers, we won. Just because we were going into a night phase means nothing. Paul could have set the trap earlier, but he did not.

I do not think we should be done with TW mafia. A short break seems reasonable, we have been hitting them
          kind of hard in a row. Long enough for people to
          chill, but not disappear. A lot of you hate me now so long enough to stop hating me...LOL.

fis, I actually felt really bad about having to go after you last phase. Like I said, it was just because Jessup was already obsessed with you for no reason. Don?t quit mafia over nonsense like that!
          7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
          Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
          TWLJ Champion Season 11
          TWLB All-Star Season 10
          Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• On a side note, maybe we could mention mafia to players in game who have played in the past or might be interested in learning. A lot of players do not even check forums at all because it is mostly dead. Worth a shot to improve activity and get some bigger games.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
            TWLJ Champion Season 11
            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by fiS View Post
              WillBy is secretly surprised and giggeling because he himself didn't even know or expect that throwing my hat in the ring, basically saying I went nowhere which isn't a guilty thing, would cause town plsyers to actually jump on my throat, lmao. Love you WillBy, lmao.
              WillBy Voth this true?

Comment

WillBy Voth this true?
                We had planned to use you because Jessup was retarded enough to be our swing vote with her hard on for you. We knew the tracker claim would not fly so the plan was for me to mount a charge against both you and Willby, but you first, and obviously win right after that.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• ACTIONS

Night 1:
                  Werewolves- kill Exalt
                  Undercut- shaman Paul
                  Willby- learn fiS (Townie)

Field- check Willby (innocent)
                  Paul- set trap on Paul (Night 2 activate)
                  Rodney- protect fiS
                  Missa- save Exalt

Night 2:
                  Undercut- shaman Paul
                  Zeebu- block Missa
                  Werewolves- kill field

Field- check Exalt (innocent)
                  Missa- poison Willby (failed)
                  Paul- trap activated

SIDE NOTES:
                  Aside from everything that's been said already, only other thing I think is worth commenting on is for u field to checking Exalt. To your knowledge there hasn't been another witch claim and Missa was specific in who she had saved. If I was the seer in that position, I would have been checking someone that has 0 clues to go on, along the lines of Zeebu, Undercut, even fiS. It is unfortunate that the werewolf team found you out that quickly, but I guess that's what happens when everyone is role revealing early.

Comment

WillBy Voth this true?
                    Super true.
                    So night 1, we learned that the wolves team made group kills (not sending 1 person up). This is busted if there is a watcher, so ixt clarified there are no such roles in the game, so it was going to be my "safe"claim. Apparently zeebu, a 1-shot roleblocker, was the only non listed role in the game. I was hoping someone would come out and say they, too, have a role not listed, making tracker claim safer. But that was just a game inconsistency I guess.
                    I knew what fis's role was from the beginning, so I had a result on her. I was either going to prematurely claim with a result on Voth, or pick field. Apparently though, my claim that field visited nobody was wrong- cop investigation still went through despite the kill.
                    fis was my safe claim to make me look townie, and people decided to lynch her??

the_paul Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20190520_122113_1637.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	851.0 KB
ID:	1320744
                    had to insert some jpeg for forums to let me upload

Comment

• yeah, im taking a break from trench wars mafia for a while. i dont find myself willing to devote the time necessary to make it at all fun for myself or anyone else. sorry team that i didnt do anything for and everyone else in the game that i didnt help to play

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• WillBy Thanks for paying the dog tax there buddy, he looks like a good boy. I like dogs better than people

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Comment

• dog tax? i can dog tax. this is manfred

Comment

• that didnt work as intended, oh well

Comment

• That worked pretty well for me that?s an awesome picture you got. What breed is he/she zooboo?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                                dog tax? i can dog tax. this is manfred
                                He looks like a good boy.

btw this is now a dog thread

Comment

Working...
                                X