MAFIA: Fallen Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAFIA: Fallen Angels

Hello and welcome to Trench Wars Mafia: Fallen Angels.

Shamelessly stolen from Willby:

Mafia is a game of social deduction that has been played on the Trench Wars forums for many years. New or old, this game is accessible to all, provided an average skill at deduction and just the right amount of mistrust between friends. The game pits an informed minority (the mafia) against an uninformed majority (the town) for control over the game. We alternate between day and night phases. Each day phase, everyone gets together and chooses someone to be removed from the game (aka lynched). At night, the mafia secretly chooses someone to remove (nightkill). There are many other roles and mechanics involved, but that's all you need to know to get started.

-----

This game will be set in, well, perhaps ancient history, or perhaps just folklore and religious writings, depending on your personal beliefs. Nevertheless, the dynamic here is a religious backstory aimed to delve into the world of archangels, angels, and demons. More specifically, the conflict between the forces of heaven and the various characters who fell from grace and became forces of evil.

-----

I would like to make this part very clear:

The names of the players in this game have been adapted directly from religious folklore and writings. The abilities of a player MAY OR MAY NOT directly correspond to a logical "mafia" role. This was done purposefully in order to avoid people "breaking" the game by calling for a mass name-claim, etc. This means that despite your research into a specific religious figure, whether it be angel or demon, may or may not help you in identifying a player's role. As such, it is not recommended to scum hunt or town hunt with this research in mind. Let me illustrate this point with a scenario, similar to what Willby did last game.

This is a completely made up scenario/figure that does not exist in the game (note: this does not mean bus driver does not exist, just that this specific name). Imagine that I have placed a role named "Adarien" into the game. You look up "Adarien" on google and find that he is the Angel of movement and transportation (again, completely made up). That does MAY or MAY NOT mean that Adarien is a bus driver. Adarien may be seen as evil in many writings, but that does NOT necessarily mean he is on the scum team. As I said, i am not recommending that research to drive any strong determinations. Silly example, I know, but I hope this helps.

DISCLAIMER: If you have any knowledge or do any significant research into this area, you will find that the various religions (i.e. Christianity, Judaism, and even the subsets within those large umbrellas) have a widely varying viewpoint on these religious figures. In one, a specific angel may be seen as a force of good, while in another, it is seen as a force of evil. I say this again to illustrate that while research could possibly assist you, it could just as easily end in a completely unintended consequence.

-----

The roles that I have chosen may be modified slightly or be x-shot.

RULES:

1) Actions occur in this order: Target modifiers (Busdriver, hider, commuter, nexus) -> Strongman -> Action modifiers (roleblock, protection) -> Killing roles -> Miscellaneous (treestump, recruitment) -> Investigative roles
    Target Modifiers, however, can be roleblocked.
    2) All votes must be BOLDED. Unvotes are not necessary but are allowed
    3) You may not abstain from voting.
    4) There will be NO double lynches. In the event of a vote tie, the day will conclude with no one being lynched.
    5) Please keep conversation limited to game-related topics. It's really cool to see a game go into hundreds of pages, but it's a bit of a turn-off for new players and those who can only spare a few minutes for reading.
    6) Phases will last however long I see fit. I expect votes every day and night-actions at night. Please don't keep everyone else waiting. Ideally, day phases will last under 48 hours, and night phases approximately 24 hours. It is your responsibility to make sure the game goes quickly though.
    7) Never re-post any part of any pm sent to you by me. Paraphrasing is okay but I am the final judge of what is acceptable. I will mod-kill you instantly if you do so. Don't be a tool and we'll be cool.
    8) You may not EDIT your posts. Multi-posting to correct what was said is fine.
    9) Do NOT Lurk. I need you to post at least once per phase (more than a one-liner, please). If someone does not do even that much than I will look for a substitute. If someones is seen as lurking more than usual, it is your job as town/mafia to lynch them.
    10) If you're dead, you're dead. Dead people don't talk nor share any information.
    11) If you have any questions, please PM me (in-game or in Forum).
    12) Submit your night actions if you have one. If you don't wish to use yours, please let me know that too so we can move on faster.
    13) I reserve the right to modify the rules slightly for extraneous situations.
    14) I reserve the right to edit/delete posts that don't comply with explicitly stated rules here or via private message.
    15) Private messaging is allowed, but discouraged.

-----

Role PMs will be sent out shortly. Roles were completely RANDOMIZED.
    Last edited by Voth; 06-10-2019, 02:55 PM.
    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

PLAYERS:

1. Rodney
    2. Willby - Azrael, the Angel of Death - killed Night 2, Serial Killer (+2-shot bulletproof)
    3. Field - Metatron, the Scribe of God - killed Night 1, Vanilla Townie
    4. the_paul
    5. Exalt
    6. Halp
    7. Backwards - Uriel, Angel of Intellectual Information - lynched Day 1, Vanilla Townie
    8. fis
    9. Kthx - Chamuel, the Angel of Pure Love - lynched Day 2, Town Commuter (2-shot)
    10. Zeebu
    11. ixt - Samael, the Venom of God - killed Night 1, Mafia Roleblocker (2-shot)
    12. Jerome

CURRENT PHASE: Day 3

PHASE CHANGES:
    Day 1
    Night 1
    Day 2
    Night 2
    Last edited by Voth; 06-17-2019, 08:35 AM.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Role PMs are coming out, standby for the "Begin Day 1" before posting please.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

ROLE PMs HAVE BEEN SENT OUT - PLEASE NOTIFY ME IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED ONE. STANDBY TO BEGIN DAY 1.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
        TWLJ Champion Season 11
        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Hello everyone, am happy to be here with you all.

vote WillBy

before field does

Comment

The struggle between the Angels of God and the Fallen Angels has been ongoing for what seems to be eternity. The Fallen Angels have fallen out of the grace of God - Angels who lost their wings. They terrorize human life and make it their mission to undo the good that their heavenly counterparts do. Yet, the situation in Heaven and Earth is not black and white - there are shades of gray. Reality is not always what it may seem. Loyalty is not always forever. A war is brewing, and allegiances are important. We know where many of our brethren stand -- where do YOU stand?

Begin Day 1.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
            TWLJ Champion Season 11
            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Oops, I'm sorry.

But still

Vote WillBy

Comment

Ugh I'm town. Boring.

vote ixt

Comment

hello frens, let's root out the kulaks!
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Phase change is tentatively going to be ~48 hours from now - Around 9-11 AM EST on Wednesday, 6/12/19. This could change depending on how things go - I will notify one way or the other if so.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                    TWLJ Champion Season 11
                    TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Originally posted by fiS View Post
                      Oops, I'm sorry.

But still

Vote WillBy
                      One vote on me page 1 day 1, better full role claim, right the_paul ?

Comment

are smilies back?

Comment

Originally posted by WillBy View Post

are smilies back?
                          That's a no

Comment

Originally posted by WillBy View Post

One vote on me page 1 day 1, better full role claim, right the_paul ?
                            Talking about roleclaims... where's ixt

Comment

just saw this to check in sup people...halp the fis 2.0?

Comment

Working...
                              X