No announcement yet.

MAFIA: Fallen Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In this case I am truly tempted to believe Zeebu's claim.

Comment

• Voth, did you modify the flavor text at all from your original plan?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• do you think Zeebu would cry Modkill me in the thread and then pm Voth "Dont actually modkill me" ??

Ive played this game too much man i dont trust anybody anymore
        Big Chill

Comment

• Originally posted by Halp View Post
          I can't imagine zeebu would use this irl situation to manipulate the game, so I'm more tempted to believe him. The flavor points to him lying but very weird play/claim if he is.

Before his tragic passing, Kthx said we should lynch jerome. Do we pay tribute to our fallen by honoring his last wish?
          I know you're not saying that you think there's any chance he'd do this, but there is a 0% chance this thought ever crossed his mind. Just wanted to pile on before some fuck fuck idiot tries to chime in saying "Well maybe.....".

Jerome has been more active, and his activity always seems (to me) to ramp up immediately after he gets called out for lurking. That's usually a bad sign, when someone is active enough to respond quickly after being called out, but stays quiet otherwise. It could very well be coincidence, but it usually isn't. I still wouldn't be opposed to this route, but to be fair, Jerome has ramped up his activity as the game has gone on.

The big question is what to do about Zeebu. He has made it clear that he (understandably) won't be around for the game, so this could put town in a pinch. If we go for someone else today and fuck it up, and Zeebu is also town, this day phase could end essentially end the game, because Zeebu will have to be modkilled at some point. I suppose someone could sub in for him, but that would feel kind of weird this late. Operating under the assumption that we have 5 townies and 2 scum (sorry Rodney, I have to think this part through): If we leave Zeebu, and lynch someone else, and fuck it up, we are essentially going to have 3 townies and 2 scum after today.

Voth , is there any chance you would look to sub Zeebu? Asking for a modkill makes me think he won't be back at all, so if subbing isn't an option, he has to be modkilled. I'm not trying to be insensitive, I'm just looking at the numbers and thinking how this day phase might be a lot more pivotal than it seemed a couple hours ago.

Anyway, I don't love ALL of the reasoning to lynch Zeebu, but I don't think we can deny that there is more evidence against him than anybody else. If we decide to leave Zeebu for now, who do we go for? I would personally lean Jerome or Fis (sorry Fis ILY). I've made my thoughts on Jerome clear, and like Rodney said, I knew Fis was in the game, but I'm having trouble off the top of my head remembering any big posts or votes or anything from her. She is impossible to read because she always plays the same, but as usual, I just get scum vibes from her. I would also add Halp to this list. Off the top of my head, I believe he played a very similar way last game up until he dropped that genius Sensor bomb on us, and MVPed and won the game (fuck you for that btw). Before that, I don't remember a lot about him. The only thing I can remember from Halp for sure this game is how hard he went after Wark, who ended up flipping town. I am guilty of being convinced to vote for Wark, but Willby immediately jumped at the chance to lynch Wark and helped push that wagon. Obviously Willby and Halp weren't teammates, but it can't be a good look that that SK was the co-driver of a wagon that got a townie PR lynched.

In regards to what Rodney said, you're absolutely correct about me being more of a follower this game. I feel like there is a gigantic information void in this particular game, and I'm struggling with it. I've had an investigative role for, I think, 4 straight games, so I kind of got used to being able to get any information I wanted when I wanted it. Sign of a shitty player, absolutely accurate and deserved, but it's where I'm at. I don't have a lot to offer beyond some of these ideas, that's why I'm throwing things out and seeing what you guys think. The pick up by Rodney and Exalt on the kill text, whether it ends up mattering or not, was a fantastic catch and one I missed completely. Hopefully by throwing some of these things out, we can get a discussion going and figure out the smart thing to do here.
          JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
          the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Originally posted by RoDNeY View Post
            do you think Zeebu would cry Modkill me in the thread and then pm Voth "Dont actually modkill me" ??

Ive played this game too much man i dont trust anybody anymore
            Not with the irl stuff being the reasoning. Yeah in a vacuum maybe he could say he is sick of playing with idiots just modkill, but there is a 0% chance he'd throw in the hospital stuff just to strengthen the play or anything like that.
            JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
            the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
              Voth, did you modify the flavor text at all from your original plan?
              No. I wish I could address these concerns in a more detailed manner, but I see no way to do it without influencing the outcome of the game one way or another. zeebu - do you intend to keep playing? If not, I will look for a sub, but I can't guarantee (and think we probably won't) find one.
              7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
              Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10
              Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• i fuckin hate adhd, i wound up closing my browser which deleted my bigpost, but it doesnt matter because posting it now instead of when i typed it out would just seem like i was trying to justify after-the-fact

im a little annoyed with either willby or myself, as the town psychologist i had a 2-shot ability to cure the SK which i assume would make him town. last night i used my first attempt on zeebu thinking he was the serial killer who then crafted a cover story because something went wrong with the nightkill. and ive totally forgotten all the rock-paper-scissors mechanics of who kills what blocks who etc, so i figured zeebu was claiming some kind of roleblock in hopes of drawing in mafia who would then get overridden by sk's defense or something

im assuming willby didn't know there was a psych, or hell, maybe he was trying to provoke me into a roleclaim in hopes of finding the psych, because history shows im real bad about reacting to accusations, when im town i immediately roleclaim and when im scum i apparently give that away fast too, and no matter what alignment i am i tend to just come off scummy anyways. that was the gist of the post i wrote last night, the 'a-ha!' moment was that willby and halp are the two who really pointed out the flaws in my mafia playstyle in the past as we would always talk mafia on subspace, and so when people posted "jerome seems scummy" and neither willby or halp stepped in with a "well jerome always seems scummy", i figured thats because it was in their interest to have suspicion remain on me. in particular halp knows i get tunnelvision when pressed and i think he tried to do that again this game, but i cant tell if that was motivated by good or bad intent, though i wanna lean towards 'bad' because man i become a messy bitch and straight up wreck games sometimes

anyways just sort of look thru my posts and you'll notice alot of them make a bit more sense when you view them thru the lens of my claim - even the "gibberish about republicans" or whatever:

i will never not be fascinated by how delusional people can become these days, given how easy it is to construct your own reality with whatever confirmation bias you desire, and i am not talking about just like, maga chuds or whatever. i got people on my facebook still talkin bout russian trump manchurian candidate shit, like seriously updating daily at breakneck speed like they were in a god damned mission impossible film that never ended or went anywhere

would love to just sit down with these types and just, idk, figure out how someone can get that far down a particular rabbit hole, and somehow miss all the contradictory evidence. shit is wild.
                psychoanalysis ftw

on top of that you'll see that after the first flip there is a moment where the kill is the work of a serial killer, i believe i was replying specifically to the_paul's asking about whether that's the theory we were gonna go with and i more or less tried to confirm the existence of an SK without also either giving away how i might know, or somehow making myself look like the SK

anyways

the zeebu=strongman idea absolutely ticks all the boxes here, but if i vote for zeebu and he flips town im trying to think of how im going to be blamed for it, lemme mull that one over before actually boldvoting
                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

• "after the first flip there is a moment where the kill is the work of a serial killer" should be read as "after the first flip there is a moment where we're wondering if the kill is the work of a serial killer", i do the shit live
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

• I?ll try to get with it a bit more, it?s been a trying couple days. We are back at home but he?s still sick and likely going to have to stay home with him tomorrow morning.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                      I?ll try to get with it a bit more, it?s been a trying couple days. We are back at home but he?s still sick and likely going to have to stay home with him tomorrow morning.
                      Obviously take care of family first, I get it.
                      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                      TWLJ Champion Season 11
                      TWLB All-Star Season 10
                      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Ok well.. fuck you Jerome. I think I have to believe that claim. Unless Rodney or Paul are scum and playing a perfect town game, I'm looking at exalt and fis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halp View Post
                          Ok well.. fuck you Jerome. I think I have to believe that claim. Unless Rodney or Paul are scum and playing a perfect town game, I'm looking at exalt and fis.
                          Unless rodney and paul are scum, you're looking at exalt and me?
                          So you just threw 4 names into here.

Comment

• Originally posted by fiS View Post

Unless rodney and paul are scum, you're looking at exalt and me?
                            So you just threw 4 names into here.
                            Who did you visit last night fiS?

Comment

• Apparently Halp believes every random claiim anyone makes, as long as its long-winded and full of meaningless words. That's not how normal town Halp would be playing.

Let me show you, using the same post as Jerome:

i fuckin hate not having adhd, i wound up closing my browser which deleted my bigpost, but it doesnt matter because posting it now instead of when i typed it out would just seem like i was trying to justify after-the-fact

im a little annoyed with either a random dead player or myself, as the PGO i had a x-shot ability to be bulletproof and to murder all the scum and SKs that come after me, which i assume would make them dead. The first night i used my gun on Ixt thinking he was scum who then died, because something went wrong with the nightkill. and ive totally forgotten all the rock-paper-scissors mechanics of who kills what when I murder all the scums and SKs, so i figured zeebu was claiming some kind of roleblock in hopes of drawing in a stupid Town Cop who would then investigate him and find innocent, since he's the Godfather.

im assuming WillBy didn't know there was a PGO, or hell, maybe he was trying to provoke me into a roleclaim in hopes of finding the PGO, because history shows im real bad about reacting to accusations, when im town i immediately don't roleclaim and when im scum i apparently don't give that away fast too, and no matter what alignment i am i tend to just come off as either scummy or not scummy anyways. that was the gist of the post i wrote last night, the 'a-ha!' moment was that Halp and ixt are the two who really pointed out the flaws in their own mafia playstyle as we would always talk mafia on subspace forums, and so when people posted "exalt seems scummy" when m not scum and neither Halp or ixt stepped in with a "well exalt always seems scummy", i figured thats because it was in their interest to have suspicion remain on me. in particular halp knows i get tunnelvisioned by scum when I lynch them all and i think he tried to do that again this game, but i cant tell if that was motivated by bad or bad intent, though i wanna lean towards 'bad' because man i become a messy bitch and straight up wreck games sometimes

anyways just sort of look thru my posts and you'll notice alot of them make a bit more sense when you view them thru the lens of my claim - even the "gibberish about being a BP PGO named Satan" or whatever:

Apparently Halp believes every random claiim anyone makes, as long as its long-winded and full of meaningless words. That's not how normal town Halp would be playing.

Let me show you, using the same post as Jerome:

i fuckin hate not having adhd, i wound up closing my browser which deleted my bigpost, but it doesnt matter because posting it now instead of when i typed it out would just seem like i was trying to justify after-the-fact

im a little annoyed with either a random dead player or myself, as the PGO i had a x-shot ability to be bulletproof and to murder all the scum and SKs that come after me, which i assume would make them dead. The first night i used my gun on Ixt thinking he was scum who then died, because something went wrong with the nightkill. and ive totally forgotten all the rock-paper-scissors mechanics of who kills what when I murder all the scums and SKs, so i figured zeebu was claiming some kind of roleblock in hopes of drawing in a stupid Town Cop who would then investigate him and find innocent, since he's the Godfather.

im assuming WillBy didn't know there was a PGO, or hell, maybe he was trying to provoke me into a roleclaim in hopes of finding the PGO, because history shows im real bad about reacting to accusations, when im town i immediately don't roleclaim and when im scum i apparently don't give that away fast too, and no matter what alignment i am i tend to just come off as either scummy or not scummy anyways. that was the gist of the post i wrote last night, the 'a-ha!' moment was that Halp and ixt are the two who really pointed out the flaws in their own mafia playstyle as we would always talk mafia on subspace forums, and so when people posted "exalt seems scummy" when m not scum and neither Halp or ixt stepped in with a "well exalt always seems scummy", i figured thats because it was in their interest to have suspicion remain on me. in particular halp knows i get tunnelvisioned by scum when I lynch them all and i think he tried to do that again this game, but i cant tell if that was motivated by bad or bad intent, though i wanna lean towards 'bad' because man i become a messy bitch and straight up wreck games sometimes

anyways just sort of look thru my posts and you'll notice alot of them make a bit more sense when you view them thru the lens of my claim - even the "gibberish about being a BP PGO named Satan" or whatever:

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                              Btw, if you want to mass claim like totally not scum WillBy wants, I'm just a Bulletproof PGO named Satan. Don't mind me.
                              psychoanalysis ftw

on top of that you'll see that after the first flip there is a moment where the scum kill is the work of a PGO, i believe i was replying specifically to the_paul's asking about whether that's the theory we were gonna go with and i more or less tried to confirm the existence of a PGO without also either giving away how i might know, or somehow making myself look like the PGO

anyways

the zeebu=scum idea absolutely ticks all the boxes here, but if i vote for zeebu and he flips town im trying to think of how i don't give a single fuck if im going to be blamed for it since I'm town, lemme not have to mull that one over at all before actually boldvoting,

See how this works?
                              RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Scum team is between Halp, Zeebu, Jerome, and fis IMO. I don't believe Jerome's claim at all btw.
                                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X