MAFIA: Fallen Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post
    The self vote is really weird. I self vote more than probably anyone playing these days, and I only do it when: I?m town and me dying is the only way anybody will believe anything I say, or I?m mafia and I?m trying to bluff my way into making people move their votes off of me.

Admittedly, I have only skimmed the thread to this point, but this is the scummiest thing I?ve seen thus far. It?s not super glaring to me at this point though, and I feel like it would make me a traitor to my own ideals to lynch someone just based on that at this stage (hi Exalt!).

I need to read the thread more thoroughly, but since we?re lacking a punching bag like Jessup, I?m not super upset about the current tie we have. I?m on my way home and I?ll read more in depth shortly
    This was the hint post
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Also huge shoutout to whichever one out of Exalt and Rodney who caught my not so subtle drop to be recruited on day 1
      Twas I

My exact message in the scum chat was

"Hold the fucking phone, The_Paul is the traitor, one of his last posts includes this and I feel like it would make me a traitor to my own ideals to lynch someone just based on that at this stage (hi Exalt!).
      Guy just gave us the tip"

We actually thought Willby was the traitor on N1 with the way he was acting but then you dropped the juicy word TRAITOR in the thread and i knew it was you
      Big Chill

Comment

• I thought Halp was a tracker once he asked FiS where he went, so i was ready to roleclaim a doctor/jailkeeper role thank god i held off on that
        Big Chill

Comment

• I 100% was not going to last another day phase so we needed to make it happen this phase, leading town to think that there were only 2 scum left was huge. Also Exalt expected that Willby was the SK and wanted to leave him alive in hopes that he would kill more townies but I didnt want to risk the chance he took out our strongman or traitor after we lost ixt.

The very first thing me and exalt said to Ixt when the game started was DONT GET LYNCHED DAY 1 and then everyone is like "hmmm ixt is playing different" lmao
          Big Chill

Comment

• Huge plays by Paul for blindly following us without knowing who his scum team was, it was pretty damn obvious in hindsight how me and exalt never brought paul up as scum and the 3 of us never questioned each other. Town slowly started to pick up on that but just a little too late
            Big Chill

Comment

• Originally posted by RoDNeY View Post
              The very first thing me and exalt said to Ixt when the game started was DONT GET LYNCHED DAY 1 and then everyone is like "hmmm ixt is playing different" lmao
              LOL. He didn't get lynched though, so he did what was asked of him.
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by RoDNeY View Post
                Huge plays by Paul for blindly following us without knowing who his scum team was, it was pretty damn obvious in hindsight how me and exalt never brought paul up as scum and the 3 of us never questioned each other. Town slowly started to pick up on that but just a little too late
                It helped that Halp was calling you town all game, but idk why. I think he must have protected you N2 and thought that he stopped the NK?
                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

WillBy this was the hint to them I dropped. Where was your truce offer?
                  That's a good one lol

there was some post where I spelled out TRUCE in first letters, it was too subtle though cause I didnt want townies to think "why is willby asking for a truce?"
                  I woulda stabbed you guys in the back eventually though. Also I just want it on the record, I killed ixt solely because he asked Voth to use mod colored text in one post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

It helped that Halp was calling you town all game, but idk why. I think he must have protected you N2 and thought that he stopped the NK?
                    yeah guy had me his #1 townie all game, thats what he gets for making us believe his sensor claim last game and stealing the show lol

I assumed that Halp was the tracker and he saw me visit the paul on N1 and since the paul didnt die he assumed me to be town, turns out he was protecting me and probably thought he stopped the Kill on a townie LOL
                    Big Chill

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post

That's a good one lol

there was some post where I spelled out TRUCE in first letters, it was too subtle though cause I didnt want townies to think "why is willby asking for a truce?"
                      I woulda stabbed you guys in the back eventually though. Also I just want it on the record, I killed ixt solely because he asked Voth to use mod colored text in one post.
                      sounds justifiable to me
                      Big Chill

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post

That's a good one lol

To be fair, ixt was probably the last person to be NK'd (if he was town), protected, or have a watcher parked on him, so it was a good kill.
                        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Holy shit. well played. I had a 100% scum read on exalt but couldn't figure out how ixt died if exalt's PGO claim wasn't true, just couldn't think it through all the way. I also started to doubt rodney and the paul with their whole "you said what I said, you must be town like me", but didn't want to cast any shade because I figured I'd stay alive longer if I let them think I considered them town. I protected rodney N1 and paul N2, and it seemed like there was a lack of mafia kills on those nights so thought maybe I prevented them. GUESS NOT. I did not play well, and the scum team played very well, I don't feel bad. fiS had a better read on that game.

At least we got jeromes full angel name now. ANGEL OF JUSTICE AND FAIRNESS, PSYCHOLOGIST?

Comment

• gg, thanks for host voth

Comment

• OK, so first mafia game I've ever hosted. There was definitely a few bumps in the road, but overall I feel it went OK. I did make one "oopsy" that I think the scum team exploited (without knowing they were exploiting it) that I wanted to get out there right away:

Field was targeted by both scum team and zeebu night 1. Now, I just wrote it up as I was writing up the rest of the scum kills. After I saw that becoming an issue as zeebu roleclaimed and he was being questioned because the kill looked like a scum kill, I was thinking - how do you write it up if someone is targeted by both a Vig and the scum team in the same night? Who actually killed him? Both? If so, how do you write that up? Well, when Willby died, I asked him, and he said that he would of tried to make it seem like he had two lethal wounds, not just one. So big mistake there on my part, which led to confusion etc among town, and mafia exploited it without even knowing that they were. So for that, I am sorry, if that had undue effect on the game.

Moving on...

Let me briefly speak about the game setup. I had everything balanced for 11 players (7 town, 3 scum, 1 SK). After Jerome signed up last minute, I considered just removing the SK and going with 8 town 4 scum, but I wanted the SK in there. I decided to introduce the mafia traitor role. If you refer to his role PM, he was pretty much an unattached member of the scum team. He was given the name of ONE member of the scum team on Day 1, and his goal was to get successfully recruited onto the scum team (scum team had 2 chances to do this as a night action). If successfully recruited, he would not join the scum chat and was not permitted to PM anyone at all for the entire game. He also would not learn the identities of the rest of the mafia members. This was intended to be a way to balance having 7 town, 4 mafia, 1 SK by handicapping them tremendously, and even opening the possibility that the traitor could act against the mafia's interests or strategy. Well, no luck there, as Paul played the role perfectly. Here is where he made his move:

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                              The self vote is really weird. I self vote more than probably anyone playing these days, and I only do it when: I?m town and me dying is the only way anybody will believe anything I say, or I?m mafia and I?m trying to bluff my way into making people move their votes off of me.

Admittedly, I have only skimmed the thread to this point, but this is the scummiest thing I?ve seen thus far. It?s not super glaring to me at this point though, and I feel like it would make me a traitor to my own ideals to lynch someone just based on that at this stage (hi Exalt!).

I need to read the thread more thoroughly, but since we?re lacking a punching bag like Jessup, I?m not super upset about the current tie we have. I?m on my way home and I?ll read more in depth shortly
                              Believe it or not, Rodney was the one who caught that. They were originally thinking Willby might be the traitor, if I remember right. Anyway, they recruited him night 1, and they were off. I just wanted to give some insight into the setup being that way.

------------------

Turning point in the game for me was Willby deciding to not use a kill or bulletproof on Night 2. I was surprised, but he did have a devious plan in his mind, which I'm sure he will elaborate on. He had originally told me he wanted to kill Rodney, which would have changed the trajectory of the game tremendously. He took it back and decided to use no actions at all, which of course, ended in his death.

------------------

Town, I really don't know what the fuck you guys were doing this game. Halp was literally wrong with every read the entire game. He had Rodney and the_paul as confirmed town in his mind because.. they just came off that way? He wouldn't even entertain the idea that they were scum. These are excellent scum players who can act like town all day when they are not. I would never trust them off gut alone. This last day phase was so obvious that the three scum were in bed together, I wanted to start quoting posts for you guys to show you how obvious it was. Fis had the entire scum team pegged but for whatever reason would not press them or step up to lead the town team in another direction. Fis' cop investigations in Kthx and Halp didn't help them scumhunt, and Halp used his two protections on two mafia members (Rodney and Paul). Jerome was sort of a wild card because he was playing kind of scummy (and I think he is right that he ALWAYS comes off scummy) and I don't blame town for not trusting him. I think that Willby was playing an almost obvious third party lean even on Day 1, and Jerome didn't use his action at all. Even through all this, you guys still had a chance on Day 3 if you lynched a scum. The echoing chamber between Rodney/Paul/Exalt was so unreal on this day phase that I was literally shocked no one called it out. They were seriously just quoting each other's posts and talking about how "that's a great theory" and "I agree with this" and no one fucking calls it out. FUCK. Willby had even PMed me that they were being so obvious.

I did 100% randomize the roles in this game. I felt that the scum team was a little stacked if they successfully got their traitor on board (lucky for them, ixt died immediately so he couldn't fuck up their game), but I also felt like the town team had so many awesome players that it actually shook out pretty fair. Too bad field had to die immediately, that hurt them.

Scum team... man, what a fucking game. Rodney and Exalt ran this game as the scum team, and it was pretty impressive to watch. No one seemed to have the stones to mount any legitimate rebuttals or rebukes to them. Their deviousness in finding fakeclaims for themselves (as I watched them deliberate on scum chat) makes me realize I will never, as long as I live, put anything past either of them. Paul made a huge play to get recruited and played as perfect a game he could with the tough role he drew. I did feel that you guys were going to shoot yourselves in the foot on day 3 as I felt that you were too outwardly obvious, but hey, no one caught on. I don't know what else to say, you guys just nailed this one.

MVP: The entire scum team, I can't pick - they all played perfect games
                              LVP: Halp (after last game's amazing performance, WHAT THE FUCK?)

-----------------------------------

Now on to some LESS fun stuff...

As a first in TW Mafia history, I am awarding the "Most Brain-Damaged Player" award (MBDP).

MBDP: ixt

Allow me to elaborate, shall we?

SO the mechanic with the mafia traitor. Supposed to handicap the scum team to an extent, and it was a very intricate role with rules that I made very clear to both Paul and the scum team. So, after ixt gets nightkilled on Night 1, it is brought to my attention by BOTH Exalt and Paul (thanks for being honest fellas) that ixt decided it would be a great idea to make a new scum chat, cut me out of it, and include himself and the_paul on it (mind you, he knows that the traitor is not allowed on scum chat and is forbidden from all PMs all game). So, not only does ixt want to continue to participate on the scum chat after he is dead (idiot move #1), but he wants to purposely subvert the rules that I put into the game and reveal the rest of the scum team identity to Paul and also allow him to see and participate on scum chat (way way idiot move #2). Great, ixt. That is fucking awesome. These games are built on integrity and if you can't respect simple rules, why the fuck are you here? I never realized how much work it is to host, and I totally respect it now. How fucking dare you deliberately attempt to fuck the game up after someone spends that much time setting it up and hosting it, and you guys spend so much time posting here to play it? Fuck you.

Allow me to show you the PM Exalt sent me so you can see for yourselves:

Originally posted by Exalt
                              So as I said that stuff... ixt decided to be a dumbass and messed PM Paul, me, and Rodney saying:
                              • ixt Today, 03:46 PM
                                u know what, fk it. i want to still be in the loop and fk TP's pm. i break the rule here we are.
                              • ixt
                                ixt Today, 03:47 PM
                                use this group if u want now i am audience
                              • ixt
                                ixt Today, 03:52 PM
                                and just curious what did it actually say the_paul

Guy is a moron. I don't know what rules you set for Paul's role in knowing whose scum or not, but ixt is dead and still did that without asking any of us. None of us responded, and I'd rather you not call ixt out saying 'exalt told me' but if you set amything up as a balance against crap like that (such as Paul not knowing Rodney was scum too), ixt just ruined it.
                              Awesome, right? And when I called ixt out for his assholery, I told him his response to me would dictate if he ever played in another one of my games. Guess what the response was? He didn't respond. Pussy. You will never play in one of my games again, and I hope every other host does the same.

As a sidenote, Paul PMed me that he saw a message that included him in it and he did not open it. I trust that he did not open it. Worst case is he would have known the identities of the other scum, but I trust that he didn't open it.

FUCK FUCK IDIOT IXT

Last edited by Voth; 06-20-2019, 10:49 AM.
                              7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                              Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                              TWLJ Champion Season 11
                              TWLB All-Star Season 10
                              Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• yeahhhh

once i had a chance to look at this and at the day 1 voting and flips, i was pretty sure rodney was scum. exalt probably would have soon followed suit. bummer

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X