No announcement yet.

TW Mafia: Sovngarde Awaits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it too early for me to say I told you so? Should I just vote for myself right now since you fucking jackals are going to lynch me tomorrow after I get roleblocked?
    JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
    the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Whole lot of crickets in here ever since the flip
      JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
      the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Andddd back from camping this morning what I miss

Originally posted by Turban
        everyone new(ish) player seems to be naive as fuck.

Comment

• Tragedy has struck in Kynesgrove, or perhaps we should call it fortune? the_paul, a Khajit Hermaeous Mora Mind Slave has been killed. He was found with 3 vials of Elf blood. Is he responsible for the deaths in town?

No, clearly not.

ixt has been found, naked, dead in his tent. He was a Dark Elf Hunter (Town Tracker)

With the death of these two, the population of the town is just 4, with half of them members of a secret band set on the destruction of the Stormcloaks. Though their leader, kthx, was struck down, his mission was completed by Halp, a Wood Elf Dark Botherhood Assassin, and sdrawkcab, a lusty Argonian Maid.

The mafia wins.

Postgame coming soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post
            Whole lot of crickets in here ever since the flip
            Well, I was camping and had signal for like ten minutes early Saturday morning when I went to town for sbux... looks like he was a race cop wtf are you champ??? Gonna come clean now?

Comment

• Guess u don't have to come clean

Comment

• Lmfao okay LVP goes to me
                sigpic

Trench Wars Rap Battle 1&2 Winner

Comment

• Exalt

You were right I was wrong

Apology mixtape inbound
                  sigpic

Trench Wars Rap Battle 1&2 Winner

Comment

• Ok, plenty to say about this game. So the setting was the small town of Kynesgrove, near the Stormcloak capital, Windhelm. The town were normal townspeople with various roles, and the mafia were hidden Imperial agents attempting to send the town into ruin and therefore weaken the Stormcloaks.

Some events that went down that I want to comment on:
                    kthx got banned, which is funny because backwards asked kthx not to fuck him before the game started. Then the gf got banned... I appreciate you all lynching him, though it didn't benefit town much, as I would have mod killed anyways.

Beast was modkilled. He copy/pasted his role pm. Instant death for that, which did upset the balance a bit. His miller role had no direct impact, besides that it might tell people familiar with the setting that the Imperials were bad guys. Nobody seemed to get this though, and that's probably my fault.

Exalt's role was a weaker version of cop. I told him that nords are innocent, which was kind of tricky because the godfather was innocent. Kthx getting banned severly weakened his role (the biggest advantage of the role would be finding the godfather)

the_paul's role was slightly different. His objective was to extract blood from the 4 elf races in the game (Dark Elf, High Elf, Orc, Wood Elf). He could extract once each night. This role was an effort to balance the game- 11 players is on the line of 3 or 4 mafia, and I was worried that an 8 vs 3 meta would be too hard to overcome. My usual solution is to add a 3rd party survivor, but I wanted to make it a bit more interesting. So, he needed to find out everyone's races, and make the game last at least 4 nights (I didn't explicitly say that second part). He ended with 3, so he did not win.

Halp's role was mafia poisoner. The mafia essentially had the option to forgo a night kill to get a double kill the following night. I've always liked this role, and wanted to experiment. It was also an effort to balance against ffe's role, which is the same role Voth had a few games ago, where he was a 2 shot bulletproof. Voth owned that game, so I wanted something that could weaken it, a way the mafia could kill someone who is bulletproof. They even asked about poison doctors and such, not knowing that no such role existed in the game.

Now that you know more about the set-up, let's talk about where it all went wrong.
                    First, the mafia was fucked by the godfather getting banned. 2 vs the world, they went with the OP strategy of lurking to win, which evidently worked. There were 3 (4?) crucial moments or plays that led to the mafia winning.
                    The 1st (and second) were misplays by ixt, the town tracker. His game-start gut instinct was to track backwards, which he later changed to ffe. Night 2, he did the same thing, switching from backwards to the_paul. Had he stuck with backwards, the mafia roleblocker would've been caught dead in his tracks. but he fucked it up twice. He did track backwards N3, but at that point it was too late.
                    Next, rodney and Exalt both pulled their votes off of backwards D3, leading to Exalt being lynched. If Exalt had moved his vote over after I posted the vote count (knowing he'd die) he could've tied it and possibly saved town. Rodney, too, might've logged on and saved Exalt, lynching backwards and send the mafia game toppling down.
                    Finally, ffe's final action was to protect either himself or nobody. Huge misplay, as there was a chance he could've saved the_paul from dying N3 and let the game continue.

With those thoughts on paper, my Hot or Not:
                    Hot: the_paul, nailing the mafia after a field mislynch. He just couldn't get people to follow.
                    Hot: backwards, good mafia play, especially considering the odds were stacked against him.
                    Not: ffe, consistent wrong votes, and didn't protect others
                    Not: Halp, lurker
                    Not: beast, didn't play by the rules

Might post some more later if anything comes to mind

Comment

• Props to halp on one thing tho, he caught that a few people had claimed bulletproof... I had no clue... as I'm not kidding it's hard to follow game when it's half shitposts and I'm 100% on mobile lol

... also, I seriously did think there was a cult

Comment

• Take this as a lesson, from now on all lurkers are lynched because 300% of the time they're scum
                        Big Chill

Comment

• formal request to whoever hosts next time to have halp on a forced "break". Im tired of his bullshit in not posting and some lame excuse for being MIA. if hes able to sign up for the next one im out.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post

Exalt's role was a weaker version of cop. I told him that nords are innocent, which was kind of tricky because the godfather was innocent. Kthx getting banned severly weakened his role (the biggest advantage of the role would be finding the godfather).
                            I dont get it. I still dont understand the role at all. How would it have found the Godfather, had Kthx not gotten himself banned? Knowing his race wouldn't have mattered at all, because he was the only other Nord besides me, and the mafia team was all random races. Telling me Nords are innocent didnt help (or even matter), since it was obviously not true, and he was the only other Nord besides me anyway.What was the point to knowing his race then? How did you figure this role would ideally work? I dont see any advantage to it at all, but maybe I'm missing something?

Also, it's not like scum even had to fake claim races, because none were inherently bad. Even the imperial thing didnt make sense besides Beast being a Miller, because the scum team consisted of no Imperials at all. What am I missing here? The Godfather was a stormcloak. Backwards was a Lusty Argonian Maid. Halp was Dark Brotherhood. Literally none were Imperials. Nobody else in the game was a Stormcloak either, not even me. I'm kinda confused by the whole setup in that respect.

Originally posted by WillBy View Post

Next, rodney and Exalt both pulled their votes off of backwards D3, leading to Exalt being lynched. If Exalt had moved his vote over after I posted the vote count (knowing he'd die) he could've tied it and possibly saved town. Rodney, too, might've logged on and saved Exalt, lynching backwards and send the mafia game toppling down.
                            Finally, ffe's final action was to protect either himself or nobody. Huge misplay, as there was a chance he could've saved the_paul from dying N3 and let the game continue.

With those thoughts on paper, my Hot or Not:
                            Hot: the_paul, nailing the mafia after a field mislynch. He just couldn't get people to follow.
                            Hot: backwards, good mafia play, especially considering the odds were stacked against him.
                            Not: ffe, consistent wrong votes, and didn't protect others
                            Not: Halp, lurker
                            Not: beast, didn't play by the rules

Might post some more later if anything comes to mind
                            I didnt think I had a choice on D3. I had people permavoting me, and nobody was willing to even consider what happens if I wasnt scum besides Paul mostly. I had to hope people would go after backwards after I was dead, because I assumed I'd just be lynched the next day anyway if I wasnt on Day 3. I also assumed there was 5 town left, but I guess it wouldn't have mattered anyway with the poisoner in play.

I also called out backwards since Day 2, but nobody was willing to listen or pay attention to how obvious he was. The vote counts should've shown people what was up, but that was ignored, because people thought I was braindead scum that made a billion stupid moves and scum slips for no apparent reason.

Like seriously, do people really think I'd have been first to vote out my Godfather Day 1, claim Race Cop out of nowhere (drawing all suspicion on myself for no reason), and then claim I was roleblocked all game, if I was actually scum? Half the thread had already claimed their race too, so it obviously wouldn't have been difficult to fake. Literally nothing people thought I did as scum would have actually been done if i really was. People must really think I'm an idiot or something as scum.
                            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Exalt i didn't think you were scum (:

Comment

• Originally posted by sdrawkcab View Post
                                Exalt i didn't think you were scum (:
                                Haha I knew at least two people in the game knew the truth. I also knew they were voting me.
                                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X