*MAFIA 2020 #1* - Hi There!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *MAFIA 2020 #1* - Hi There!

Hello and welcome to Mafia 2020 Game #1 - Hi There! This game will hopefully serve as a hook and bait for players to start swarming back for more large games like we had last year, with 12-16 players. Obviously we were only able to get 8 players this time around, but I hope that the setup will allow the game to be enjoyable. And please do remember that this is just my second game hosted ever, and while the first one seemed to go well, that was also after 8 straight months of mafia, and so if I do fuck up now that we have been out of the game for a while, please be gentle.

Please note that I have thrown this game together in a desperate attempt to get our legs back under us, and there is NO FLAVOR IN THIS GAME. THERE WILL NOT BE CLUES OR HINTS IN WRITE-UPS ALONG THE WAY. As much as you all know how I love that juicy flavorful narrative, it will not be present in this game. And that isn't like, maybe I'm tricking you... no, there is no flavor, okay? Thanks.

Without further adieu...

Mafia is a game of social deduction that has been played on the Trench Wars forums for many years. New or old, this game is accessible to all, provided an average skill at deduction and just the right amount of mistrust between friends. The game pits an informed minority (the mafia) against an uninformed majority (the town) for control over the game. We alternate between day and night phases. Each day phase, everyone gets together and chooses someone to be removed from the game (aka lynched). At night, the mafia secretly chooses someone to remove (nightkill). There are many other roles and mechanics involved, but that's all you need to know to get started.

-----

The roles that I have chosen may be modified slightly or be x-shot.

RULES:

1) Actions occur in this order: Target modifiers (Busdriver, hider, commuter, nexus) -> Strongman -> Action modifiers (roleblock, protection) -> Killing roles -> Miscellaneous (treestump, recruitment) -> Investigative roles
    Target Modifiers, however, can be roleblocked.
    2) All votes must be BOLDED. Unvotes are not necessary but are allowed
    3) You may not abstain from voting.
    4) There will be NO double lynches. In the event of a vote tie, the day will conclude with no one being lynched.
    5) Please keep conversation limited to game-related topics. It's really cool to see a game go into hundreds of pages, but it's a bit of a turn-off for new players and those who can only spare a few minutes for reading.
    6) Phases will last however long I see fit. I expect votes every day and night-actions at night. Please don't keep everyone else waiting. Ideally, day phases will last under 48 hours, and night phases approximately 24 hours. It is your responsibility to make sure the game goes quickly though.
    7) Never re-post any part of any pm sent to you by me. Paraphrasing is okay but I am the final judge of what is acceptable. I will mod-kill you instantly if you do so. Don't be a tool and we'll be cool.
    8) You may not EDIT your posts. Multi-posting to correct what was said is fine.
    9) Do NOT Lurk. I need you to post at least once per phase (more than a one-liner, please). If someone does not do even that much than I will look for a substitute. If someones is seen as lurking more than usual, it is your job as town/mafia to lynch them.
    10) If you're dead, you're dead. Dead people don't talk nor share any information.
    11) If you have any questions, please PM me (in-game or in Forum).
    12) Submit your night actions if you have one. If you don't wish to use yours, please let me know that too so we can move on faster.
    13) I reserve the right to modify the rules slightly for extraneous situations.
    14) I reserve the right to edit/delete posts that don't comply with explicitly stated rules here or via private message.
    15) Private messaging is allowed, but discouraged.

-----

Role PMs will be sent out shortly. Roles were completely RANDOMIZED.
    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

PLAYERS:

1. sdrawkcab
    2. Willby
    3. the_paul
    4. field - Lynched Day 1, Town Roleblocker
    5. zeebu - Killed Night 1, Town Cop
    6. Vehicle
    7. Halp (subbed in for Beast the biggity bitch Day 1 for inactivity)
    8. Exalt

CURRENT PHASE: Night 1

PHASE CHANGES:
    Day 1
    Night 1
    Last edited by Voth; 02-05-2020, 11:45 AM.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

sdrawkcab WillBy the_paul field Zeebu Vehicle Beast Exalt

Role PMs are coming out, standby for the "Begin Day 1" before posting please.

And since it has been quite a while since the signups started to now, I am tagging everyone signed up here. If people seem AFK, please use whatever means possible to contact them (email, text, phone, etc.)

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

ROLE PMs HAVE BEEN SENT OUT - PLEASE NOTIFY ME ASAP IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED ONE. STANDBY TO BEGIN DAY 1.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
        TWLJ Champion Season 11
        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

It was a dark, dark time in General Discussionville. Everyone seemed to be hunkered down inside their houses just hoping and praying for someone to step up and take this rocket ship to outer space. One hero heard the call. Okay, that was just the voth train...

But really, there are scum amongst us. Need I say more?

BEGIN DAY 1 - DURATION IS HIGHLY DEPENDENT ON ACTIVITY AND PEOPLE REALIZING GAME HAS STARTED - I WILL UPDATE AS IT GOES.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
          TWLJ Champion Season 11
          TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Last edited by Voth; 01-29-2020, 03:00 PM. Reason: !np

Comment

Vote Exalt

suk many dik
              JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
              the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Vote halp
                Wait shit he didn't sign up... the fuck fuck idiot said he was going to then didn't.. LOL

Originally posted by Turban
                everyone new(ish) player seems to be naive as fuck.

Comment

I distinctly remember getting fucked last game, who was it that fucked me, was it Willby the ice queen? Is that what it was? Also, I don't understand the theme? Is it because I'm dumb?

vote willby

Originally posted by Turban
                  everyone new(ish) player seems to be naive as fuck.

Comment

Hai qtpies! I'm here.

vote: Exalt

Rumor has it he was in Wutang Clan and gave everyone coronavirus.
                    Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

(My 2020 new years resolution is to beef with Voth.)
                      Voth seems pretty certain that there are scum. Theres only one way he knows for sure.

I'm willing to stake my reputation- Voth knows more than hes letting on to. voth vote

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                        Vote Exalt

suk many dik
                        How can we call this a civilized town... while members of vanilla-class townies, who lack doctor protection, have to die to scum--or go hopelessly into debt to get the bulletproof they need? This is an outrageous injustice.

We need leadership in this town, which will improve the lives of vanilla townies, the doctors, the cops, the sick and the poorly skilled fuk fuks. We need leadership which brings our townies together and makes us stronger.

Yes, we become stronger when men like Jessup and women like Jessup, young and old, gay like Paul and straight like me, native-born and immigrant fight together to create the kind of town we all know we can become.

This is why you should Vote: Paul, because we all know the establishment would fuck me over and not let me win anyways.

I am town, and I approve of this message.
                        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I'm going to vote WillBy for day one,only because he voted Voth, who is running the game and not playing.

Maybe he's waiting for someone to point that out so he can change his vote? I mean the guy's not new, you would think this would be pretty straightforward that the host can't also play. It just seems like a play to look active without actually doing anything, which is a mafia scum move.
                          Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                          Message has been sent to online moderators
                          2:BLeeN> veh yes
                          (Overstrand)>no
                          2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                          2:BLeeN> ok then no
                          :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                          (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

vote beast

obv scum

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Everyone's posted/awake except beast?

So what do you think we are dealing with? 5 town 2 maf 1 third party? Or 6-2? Probs not many power roles.

I'm a town and I'm worried about the scum among us

Comment

Working...
                              X