No announcement yet.

*MAFIA 2020 #1* - Hi There!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty sure exalt claimed doctor with that “only here to give healthcare comment”, which wasn’t subtle at all, pretty bold move if he’s not town. Guess that means vehicle and sdrawkab are the scum. gg guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
      Halp, however, then showed up and said:

"vote field
      I have not read my role PM yet, this is just pure instinct."

That was the decisive vote that put field on 3. He then shitposted a couple times within like an hour and then disappeared until after Field was dead.

It is for that reason that I vote Halp.
      This is a fair assessment, but it was day 1 and field always seems scummy to me. There was nothing rose to go on. I think willby and Paul are town. Considering we are probably at lylo, I wonder if name claiming would help?

-Henry

Comment

• I mean Harvey, not Henry. Not sure it matters, seems Harvey was a nobody from 1 episode. I guess nameclaiming won’t help. Welp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halp View Post

This is a fair assessment, but it was day 1 and field always seems scummy to me. There was nothing rose to go on. I think willby and Paul are town. Considering we are probably at lylo, I wonder if name claiming would help?

-Henry
          Why would name-claiming help? Role claiming, maybe...

Comment

Pretty sure exalt claimed doctor with that “only here to give healthcare comment”, which wasn’t subtle at all, pretty bold move if he’s not town. Guess that means vehicle and sdrawkab are the scum. gg guys!
            Exalt had started the game playing as a Bernie Sander-esque character. I'm not sure I'm taking his "free healthcare" thing as a roleclaim of doctor on Day 1.

I'm also very confused about why you think revealing your name would have any bearing on proving your innocence?

I'm not 100% sure you're scum, and I wish I had better info to go on, but I gotta work with what I've got.
            Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
            Message has been sent to online moderators
            2:BLeeN> veh yes
            (Overstrand)>no
            2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
            2:BLeeN> ok then no
            :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
            (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

• CURRENT VOTE COUNT:

sdrawkcab - 1 (Halp)
              Halp - 2 (Vehicle, the_paul)

MISSING VOTES FROM: Exalt, Willby, sdrawkcab

PHASE CHANGE TIMELINE: Obviously I won't be able to change phases as intended, but I will let this run for another 6 hours or so and see how it is looking tonight. If there is a clear consensus and everyone votes, I will change phases tonight around 6-7 PM EST. If not, this will run until tomorrow, but absolutely will not let the phase run past tomorrow night (Saturday 2/8) EST.
              7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
              Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10
              Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Originally posted by Vehicle View Post

Exalt had started the game playing as a Bernie Sander-esque character. I'm not sure I'm taking his "free healthcare" thing as a roleclaim of doctor on Day 1.

I'm also very confused about why you think revealing your name would have any bearing on proving your innocence?

I'm not 100% sure you're scum, and I wish I had better info to go on, but I gotta work with what I've got.
                I get that exalt is doing a Bernie thing, but saying “ I’m only here to provide healthcare” in a mafia game seems like a (not so) clever way to claim doctor with some deniability if he’s actually not. Whether he’s the doctor or not, exalt is an astute enough player to know how that comment would be interpreted. Do you all disagree, or is vehicle the only one denying things that seem obvious to this townie?

also, if you’re not 100% sure I’m scum, wouldn’t a no lynch be a better option considering towns likely loss with a mislynch today?

Comment

I get that exalt is doing a Bernie thing, but saying “ I’m only here to provide healthcare” in a mafia game seems like a (not so) clever way to claim doctor with some deniability if he’s actually not. Whether he’s the doctor or not, exalt is an astute enough player to know how that comment would be interpreted. Do you all disagree, or is vehicle the only one denying things that seem obvious to this townie?

also, if you’re not 100% sure I’m scum, wouldn’t a no lynch be a better option considering towns likely loss with a mislynch today?
                  Originally posted by Exalt View Post

How can we call this a civilized town... while members of vanilla-class townies, who lack doctor protection, have to die to scum--or go hopelessly into debt to get the bulletproof they need? This is an outrageous injustice.

We need leadership in this town, which will improve the lives of vanilla townies, the doctors, the cops, the sick and the poorly skilled fuk fuks. We need leadership which brings our townies together and makes us stronger.
                  His message was on Day 1, very early in the game, after two votes had already been placed on him. Maybe I'm dense but if we're trying to read between the lines here then he could of just claimed doctor, inventor or cop. I personally think a role claim in a 10 player game on the first page of the thread is kind of unlikely. But hey, maybe I'm dense.

As for having a no-lynch day, I'm not opposed to the idea, but I just don't see how it really benefits us other than basically sacrificing one of us to better our odds during tomorrow's day phase. Am I wrong?

Like I said, the only person I'm 100 percent on is the_paul. I have to vote for someone, so I put my vote on the person who I can make the most logical argument to myself about why they might be scum. I have to vote for someone after all.
                  (Overstrand)>no

Comment

• Vehicle and possibly whatever hanky pank is going on at night phase between the two "idk wtf my role does" pole smokers can continue..

Originally posted by Turban
                    everyone new(ish) player seems to be naive as fuck.

Comment

• I won't stand in the way of forcing a tie. If that's how we want to try to win, with a guy giving 'useless' gifts and a dead roleblocker and dead cop then let's do it. It just seems... Dangerous.
                      (Overstrand)>no

Comment

• Not sure where to go with this. Never been so close to losing with so little information.. I do think exalt is hinting pretty aggressively at doctor, despite the fact that he’s been setting it up from D1. Maybe he’s trying to bait a doc?

i don’t think you’re dense, vehicle, but I think you might be pretending to be dense to honor your win condition (derty scum fuc).

Comment

• Originally posted by sdrawkcab View Post
                          Vehicle and possibly whatever hanky pank is going on at night phase between the two "idk wtf my role does" pole smokers can continue..
                          scum post of the game, calling it now

Comment

scum post of the game, calling it now
                            vote halp

half as self preservation and half because he's pushing to lynch me so hard, but i still think a tie is the best idea though people seem to only marginally agree? not sure we have enough activity to move votes around to even get a tie

Originally posted by Turban
                            everyone new(ish) player seems to be naive as fuck.

Comment

• vote sdrawkcab

i dont feel strongly enough to hammer Halp

Comment

• I was originally unsure of whether to tie the vote or to vote Halp, but we are in a moment where billionaires control not only our economy but our political process. This election will affect the lives of millions who can't even vote in this game. Given the stakes, we can afford to put our cynicism and dispassion aside. We can't let the nay-sayers, the lying scum, the smears, or the fear of failure hold us back from doing our part. We are on the brink of achieving something historic, and we can't let them stop us.

VOTE: Halp. This is not about me, but about us.
                                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X