No announcement yet.

TW Mafia 2020: TIGER KING - Murder, Mayhem, Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I decided due to my role to not allow this random silly "custom" vote no info shot in the dark nonsense voting pattern to integrate our day 1 votes. We got a scummer (scarlet) claiming on day one to be a town cop and you are focusing on The_Paul who hasn't said a word? This guy scarlet is a liar sowing seeds of disruption and is scum by all logic. If he is a cop(which he isn't and I may have to prove it soon) you should still be all over this awful play he is making voth. Cmon ur better than this girlfriend!
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
      what in the actual fuck was that list?
      You got something better for me to do bottom of Day1? I don't have any other way to town-signal that I can think of.
      I mean, I got the answer from my question to you, so that's helpful to me. I can also say 'look guys, Voth doesn't answer questions' if I latter want to drive a lynch on you, and that's helpful too (though I don't know that that'll work the way I'm used to - I suspect it will).
      I'm still wondering where you got holier-than-thou from though.

Comment

Zeebu had signed up for the other game because he thought this one wasn’t happening, but now that this one is happening I don’t see why he wouldn’t be in. He did mention not wanting to play this weekend but we’ll see. I’m expecting to change the phase Monday afternoon/evening.

Beast I had completely missed that he was out, or didn’t take it seriously. Maybe you guys can say nice things about him and get him back in.

in either case I will make an effort to line up a couple of subs.

Comment

Originally posted by scarlet View Post
          You got something better for me to do bottom of Day1? I don't have any other way to town-signal that I can think of.
          I mean, I got the answer from my question to you, so that's helpful to me. I can also say 'look guys, Voth doesn't answer questions' if I latter want to drive a lynch on you, and that's helpful too (though I don't know that that'll work the way I'm used to - I suspect it will).
          I'm still wondering where you got holier-than-thou from though.
          Sure, I'll go back and answer whatever braindead question you asked me - I actually thought you were being facetious, but maybe it's just your face.

7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
          Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
          TWLJ Champion Season 11
          TWLB All-Star Season 10
          Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Poopcat - ya got nothing on the forum and have been logging in since the post. What's your history with mafia like, have any experience?
            • Willby - Are socially mandatory RVS questions not a thing here?
            • Halp - isn't zeebu out why is he in the OP verso playerlist? He secretly go back in when the other thread died or what?
            • Sdrawkcab - since you've seen the show, do you expect role flavor to be related to alignment?
            • Voth - do you expect halp to tie mechanical elements to setting flavor like that?
            • OverthinkingIt, M_Leohnard - who the fuck are you? I don't see you in signups or with any references outside of this thread.
            • Beast - no u
            • Vehicle - you wake up or finish work or w/e as I'm writing this so I guess I'll wait for that
            • Party Falcon - would you describe phoneposting as your primary posting method or were you just checking in?
            • The_paul - holy smokes it's The_paul. Why aren't you voting?
            • Jessup - lole when was the last time scum called their cop contestclaim a fakeclaim
            • Kassius - y/n: in your opinion, survivor is a scum role?
            • Exalt - he's actually normally really good, I dunno what happened. He never showed up on B12 either so I guess he got mauled by a bear or whatever they have in finnland, a vodka bottle or some shit.
            Do I expect him to tie mechanical elements of the game into the theme that he has chosen? Sure I do, most hosts do, but I can't remember if I've ever played a Halp hosted game in the past, so even if I do have past experience, it definitely escapes me how much he intertwines the theme and the game mechanics. Basically - for me, it can't be ruled out, but I wouldn't solely base any decisions based on the theme of the game - good scumhunters never rely only on juicy flavorful narrative.

And what the fuck is RVS?

And where the fuck did he claim Cop Day 1 Jessup ?

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
            TWLJ Champion Season 11
            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Wow I'm amazed this started
              I was just gonna rock up for the game on monday
              Watch as I hardclaim cop D1
              I'm Dillon Passage, enjoy your flavorwine responsibly by keeping it in scumchat

Vote Poopcat
              kthx you still haven't convinced me I shouldn't last-minute a double lynch if it doesn't arise naturally
              Post 41 ROFL.. sort of important to miss this voth..

TSLD CHAMPION 2018
              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Wow I'm amazed this started
                I was just gonna rock up for the game on monday
                Watch as I hardclaim cop D1
                I'm Dillon Passage, enjoy your flavorwine responsibly by keeping it in scumchat
                Vote Poopcat
                kthx you still haven't convinced me I shouldn't last-minute a double lynch if it doesn't arise naturally
                Sorry for multi-post. There it is.

Okay, so either Scarlet is the town cop, or he is scum and trying to bait out a counterclaim as early as possible. Not sure why you would blurt that out on page three if you are indeed the town cop, but maybe they play mafia "differently" on other more prestigious platforms than here. (in case you couldn't read between the lines, that was typed while obnoxiously rolling my eyes)

Jessup Either way, his claim doesn't give us anything to go off of right now. He's scum baiting our cop or he is our cop. Not much to work with off of that today. And the fact that you are insinuating that you know he is lying is pretty dumb and scummy to be honest. How the fuck would you know? It's day 1 - no one knows anything. He is putting himself out there immediately on Day 1 and that usually to me means a) the player is ixt or b) the player is town and trying to lock in a place as semi-confirmed town and lead the charge or c) the player is scum and baiting out town power roles and their time in the game will be limited because this will be uncovered shortly.

So please Jessup, what the fuck do you know about his claim? Why do you keep making really poorly veiled threats to expose him? How do you plan to do that? What do you honestly say we do? Lynch a claimed town cop Day 1 without vetting it? What if he is town cop?

God, I can't take it sometimes.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Originally posted by Halp View Post
                  Hello and Welcome to TW Mafia 2020: TIGER KING: Murder, Mayhem, Madness

RULES

4) There will be NO double lynches. In the event of a vote tie, the day will conclude with no one being lynched.
                  scarlet Might wanna make a habit of reading game rules before spitballing about things that can't happen.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season 11
                  TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Well I don't want to give it fully away yet but from what I've already wrote can be semi figured out. I have day actions with a multitask ability if need be which I am thinking would be smart to use early.
                    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Do I expect him to tie mechanical elements of the game into the theme that he has chosen? Sure I do, most hosts do, but I can't remember if I've ever played a Halp hosted game in the past, so even if I do have past experience, it definitely escapes me how much he intertwines the theme and the game mechanics. Basically - for me, it can't be ruled out, but I wouldn't solely base any decisions based on the theme of the game - good scumhunters never rely only on juicy flavorful narrative.

And what the fuck is RVS?

And where the fuck did he claim Cop Day 1 Jessup ?
                      Based on the Hollywood horror game, Halp definitely mixes theme and roles/mechanics. I will never forgive him for making me serial killer Christian Bale and hard-countering my fakeclaim be adding in irl batman wannabe Jerome as Keaton. With how much time this game was prepped (from start of signup thread) I expect it to be meticulously detailed and carefully planned. Nothing will be obvious, Carol Baskins could be a psychologist looking for her serial killer husband just as much as she could be a serial killer herself. Things are set up.

RVS is random vote stage, which is what we are currently doing and always do. I read the MU game (at least part of it), mafia nerds be rocking the initialisms.

not sure what to do about the cop claim. I'm sure there's more than he let's on. He allegedly isnt brand new or super bad. I'm wondering what the virtue of fake claiming cop is. However, my take is the same as last game- better to get rid of the question mark players than ones who at least talk. If I'd lived a bit longer last game, PF wouldnt have been allowed to live.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                        Well I don't want to give it fully away yet but from what I've already wrote can be semi figured out. I have day actions with a multitask ability if need be which I am thinking would be smart to use early.
                        Sure Jessup, whatever. If that's the case, then go ahead and vet scarlet if you have a mechanism to do that. If you have the power you say you have, it will become pretty apparent very quickly whether you are both town, both scum, or which one of you is lying.

I just can't get behind blindly lynching a claimed town cop who has no one counterclaiming him on Day 1 just because it's scummy to claim on Day 1. It's easy to go back and prove or disprove these claims later on so it's not worth the risk to just blindly lynch someone like that. I have claimed Day 1 in similar roles but only because you douchebags have a noose tied around my neck and are about to string me up if I don't claim.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

scarlet

To give you the benefit of doubt that you by no means deserve. Scarlet what in the fk are you thinking by hard claiming town cop day one?? I suggest you explain it thoroughly and carefully.
                          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Well, with what has been said, I also can't get behind possibly lynching a town power role (even if my initial vote was just for the lulz and tradition every game).

unvote Jessup

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                            TWLJ Champion Season 11
                            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Originally posted by WillBy View Post

Based on the Hollywood horror game, Halp definitely mixes theme and roles/mechanics. I will never forgive him for making me serial killer Christian Bale and hard-countering my fakeclaim be adding in irl batman wannabe Jerome as Keaton. With how much time this game was prepped (from start of signup thread) I expect it to be meticulously detailed and carefully planned. Nothing will be obvious, Carol Baskins could be a psychologist looking for her serial killer husband just as much as she could be a serial killer herself. Things are set up.

RVS is random vote stage, which is what we are currently doing and always do. I read the MU game (at least part of it), mafia nerds be rocking the initialisms.

not sure what to do about the cop claim. I'm sure there's more than he let's on. He allegedly isnt brand new or super bad. I'm wondering what the virtue of fake claiming cop is. However, my take is the same as last game- better to get rid of the question mark players than ones who at least talk. If I'd lived a bit longer last game, PF wouldnt have been allowed to live.
                              Good to know about Halp's hosting. I'm sure I have played in one of his, but a decade or more ago I would definitely not remember, and I don't think he has hosted in the last two years while we have sort of resurged our gaming here.

loool @ RVS

No virtue really to a fake cop claim except for baiting the actual town cop out, but on Day 1? That's a big stretch and with how easy it is to disprove that claim, you won't last long lying. Strange to sac bunt like that on page three if you have any experience in this game at all - but then, Paul hammer lynched his own scum roleblocker day 1, so what the fuck else can happen at this point?

I always like to note who the first one is to bring up inactive people and sort of insinuate we should just start stringing them up because they aren't talking. This game it's Willby. Don't get me wrong - inactive people suck and make the game less fun, but it is not a good scumhunting philosophy to just start wasting lynches on people because they are inactive. Do you get lucky sometimes? Sure. I think Apoc WOW was lynched as a uber-inactive scumbag last game or the one before. But on Day 1, I don't think we just throw a dart at the inactives and hope - I'd rather hope that they wake up or we get a sub and can actually get a read on that person and what their role is.

So what do we do Day 1? Well we lynch Backwards, of course.

Nah JK, I think it's just a crapshoot that we all use to analyze the voting patterns tomorrow. And voting off an inactive for just being inactive is just as useless as a no-lynch - shows nothing and is easy for the scum team to point back to and say "well, they were super inactive so..."

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                              TWLJ Champion Season 11
                              TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Well, with what has been said, I also can't get behind possibly lynching a town power role (even if my initial vote was just for the lulz and tradition every game).

unvote Jessup
                                You are pretty talkative voth, baby finally sleeping through the night or are you excited to be scum?
                                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                                X