TW Mafia 2020: TIGER KING - Murder, Mayhem, Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WillBy View Post

However, my take is the same as last game- better to get rid of the question mark players than ones who at least talk. If I'd lived a bit longer last game, PF wouldnt have been allowed to live.
    I can't fully disagree with this either though it seems soooo overly pro town for you early willby rofl but I agree LURKERS ARE DANGER
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post

I can't fully disagree with this either though it seems soooo overly pro town for you early willby rofl but I agree LURKERS ARE DANGER
      I want to be clear I'm not advocating lynching lurkers. I'm just saying that I'm not lynching a claimed cop because I'm suspicious of it when there are unclaimed people about. That's why I didnt want to lynch Voth or Vehicle last game- unclaimeds like Jessup, Kthx, PF were higher on my list. These players weren't lurking (posting less than others maybe, but not straight up inactive) and I find that more suspicious of someone who at least has shared some information.

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post

Good to know about Halp's hosting. I'm sure I have played in one of his, but a decade or more ago I would definitely not remember, and I don't think he has hosted in the last two years while we have sort of resurged our gaming here.

loool @ RVS

No virtue really to a fake cop claim except for baiting the actual town cop out, but on Day 1? That's a big stretch and with how easy it is to disprove that claim, you won't last long lying. Strange to sac bunt like that on page three if you have any experience in this game at all - but then, Paul hammer lynched his own scum roleblocker day 1, so what the fuck else can happen at this point?

I always like to note who the first one is to bring up inactive people and sort of insinuate we should just start stringing them up because they aren't talking. This game it's Willby. Don't get me wrong - inactive people suck and make the game less fun, but it is not a good scumhunting philosophy to just start wasting lynches on people because they are inactive. Do you get lucky sometimes? Sure. I think Apoc WOW was lynched as a uber-inactive scumbag last game or the one before. But on Day 1, I don't think we just throw a dart at the inactives and hope - I'd rather hope that they wake up or we get a sub and can actually get a read on that person and what their role is.

So what do we do Day 1? Well we lynch Backwards, of course.

Nah JK, I think it's just a crapshoot that we all use to analyze the voting patterns tomorrow. And voting off an inactive for just being inactive is just as useless as a no-lynch - shows nothing and is easy for the scum team to point back to and say "well, they were super inactive so..."
        Saw this after responding to jessup, but I'll add now- game has been going for like 15 hours, there are no inactives at this point. And with phase change not happening until Monday, people have plenty of time to talk.

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post

You are pretty talkative voth, baby finally sleeping through the night or are you excited to be scum?
          Well, to be fair, I posted plenty those games, it was just half incoherent and I was missing a lot of stuff because I was prying my eyes open at 3 AM to read the thread while feeding a newborn. If you must know, though, this fella is a much better baby than my daughter. Right now he is down for the night at 9:30 PM and waking up once at 4 AM for a feeding. Then back up for the day at 7 AM. Can't complain about that.

But you're probably scum this game and know I'm not on your scum team, so this was a cute dagger to throw regardless.
          7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
          Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
          TWLJ Champion Season 11
          TWLB All-Star Season 10
          Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Okay, so either Scarlet is the town cop, or he is scum and trying to bait out a counterclaim as early as possible.
            If you would CC cop D1/during RVS then maybe you should use a less sarcastic tone next time when you talk shit about your ability to play mafia.
            I dunno, maybe I'm playing irresponsibly in a game where there are some especially weak players (jessup, presumably beast). I doubt that cop!jessup wouldn't be obvious to the scumteam anyway though.
            So are you telling me, seeing how I've carried on beforehand, that you would dismiss out of hand the possibility that I'm e.g. vanilla town fakeclaiming cop D1?
            Anyway, this sort of thing creates the wrong sort of information divide here I guess, I'm used to places which move much slower as opposed to actively sliding away while I type this.
            I'm not so much interested in following up this line of response so I'll leave it here. I'll explain the meta reasoning behind fake cop claims later I get the feeling they're nonviable here.
            It was a fakeclaim if that wasn't obvious from the above

Voth why'd you go back through the thread to read my question after I explicitly said it'd already been answered?

Comment

Originally posted by WillBy View Post

Saw this after responding to jessup, but I'll add now- game has been going for like 15 hours, there are no inactives at this point. And with phase change not happening until Monday, people have plenty of time to talk.
              OK - after going back and re-reading your post, I can be on board with your explanation, but it did seem initially that was the direction you were at least hinting at.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Also as backwards warned and I fear from watching this show.. we very well may have a cultist recruiter. This one zookeeper named Doc Antle had this swami guru dude influence him when he was a young lad and has made this hareem of women marry him and change their names to weird mystic names like Bala, Rajani and Moksha and and pays them each only 100 dollars a week for working 16 hour 7 day work weeks and has sex with them all as he pleases. Plus they have to be near virgins before he allows them in his bed/zoo. They all have that glazed look in their eyes too.. not good and something town should be prepared for.. sigh
                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by scarlet View Post
                  If you would CC cop D1/during RVS then maybe you should use a less sarcastic tone next time when you talk shit about your ability to play mafia.
                  I dunno, maybe I'm playing irresponsibly in a game where there are some especially weak players (jessup, presumably beast). I doubt that cop!jessup wouldn't be obvious to the scumteam anyway though.
                  So are you telling me, seeing how I've carried on beforehand, that you would dismiss out of hand the possibility that I'm e.g. vanilla town fakeclaiming cop D1?
                  Anyway, this sort of thing creates the wrong sort of information divide here I guess, I'm used to places which move much slower as opposed to actively sliding away while I type this.
                  I'm not so much interested in following up this line of response so I'll leave it here. I'll explain the meta reasoning behind fake cop claims later I get the feeling they're nonviable here.

Voth why'd you go back through the thread to read my question after I explicitly said it'd already been answered?
                  I can see we have a long and frustrating future ahead of us, my new acquaintance.

I (that's me, not half the players in this game) wouldn't counterclaim cop on Day 1. That doesn't go for multiple people in this game. Ask me how I know. I think you can fill in the blanks there.

I would not dismiss out of hand that you are a VT fakeclaiming Cop day 1, but that sort of is a dumb fucking move that is likely to end in either you or our actual cop or both getting lynched and/or nightkilled, and that is not pro-town behavior. So... no, I wouldn't dismiss it, but I hope that's not what the elite mafia forums do, because when this forum finally dies out, I won't be able to play anywhere else without throwing my keyboard across the room when I'm in a game with 20 other Beasts and Jessups.

I don't know what you're getting at with the information divide and the moving slower/actively sliding away stuff. Explain?

Oh, so it's a fakeclaim. I'm really waiting on pins and needles to hear your "meta" reasoning behind a cop fakeclaim day 1. What good could it possibly produce if you are pro-town? Really? I haven't played in the champions game yet so I must not be privy to such acts of strategic grandeur.

vote scarlet

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season 11
                  TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Originally posted by scarlet View Post

Woops, forgot the last question. I went back and answered it because you threw some nonsense bullshit about how I was giving you a non-answer. A list of random questions (some pertinent, some not) to people you don't know and have never played with seems strange to me at least, but I felt that I should go back and at least re-read your question and answer it, which I did. BUT WAIT, I must have just went back and answered it to cover my tracks because I'm clearly scum and I'm terrified of scarlet railroading me into a lynch later on with that as the sole reasoning. Get over yourself big boy.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                    TWLJ Champion Season 11
                    TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

scarlet Love how you avoid me when I confront you and then deflect semi insults at voth. So now you are backtracking and admitting you lied to town day 1 about being a cop and may be a vanilla townie? You realize VT's are just as important to stay alive? One thing I can't STAND is a townie who lies and misdirects..my vote stays on you for now and NO THAT WAS NOT A GOOD EXPLAINATION. YOU WANT SCUM TO COME AND KILL YOU TONIGHT?? YOU WANT TOWN TO DISTRUST YOU NOW? YOU WANT TO START OFF LYING AND MUDDYING THE WATERS?? TERRIBLE PLAY ALL AROUND GIRL.
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

That's a weird cockstroke right there.

Willby, are you in scum chat right now telling Jessup to back it down a notch?

jw, no judgment

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

To be clear, I'm voting scarlet to press him for a reason on fakeclaiming town cop on page 3 and then walking it back on page 6 and acting like it's normal behavior for a pro-town player. I am actually interested to hear what he has to say. I can't imagine it makes any sense, but then again, I don't know everything.

It certainly seems like quite a pickle to wedge himself into if he is indeed scum. But again, I don't know this guy or his mafia abilities. He seems to be at least coherent and know the game, which makes me nervous when he makes such a bullshit play on Day 1. So again, I'm pressing for a response here.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                          TWLJ Champion Season 11
                          TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Also, can I just say that posting on a laptop for the first time in months is legendary? God, it is fucking miserable posting responses on my phone. Probably going to have to go back to posting mobile soon though - my wife is a teacher and is monopolizing our only computer a lot of the time to do her distance learning stuff for the students.

All this COVID shit is insane, we are letting real criminals out of jail and then telling small business owners if they want to keep their business, it might end in them occupying the cell the real criminal just had. I can't wait for more courts to step in and strike down this tyrannical bullshit.

Did I mention I live in NY?

Yeah, Gov. Cuomo is a real keeper. If I didn't need to live here, I'd be on the next plane to Florida or Texas.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                            TWLJ Champion Season 11
                            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

BUT WAIT, I must have just went back and answered it to cover my tracks because I'm clearly scum and I'm terrified of scarlet railroading me into a lynch later on with that as the sole reasoning. Get over yourself big boy.
                              Or maybe it was never that important? Having it hanging over you like a toothpick of damocles, with all of 1g of weight behind it's blunt tip , really must have been nervewracking. I'm sure claiming that you didn't explicitly respond to one question I'd already said you'd answered would be plenty to convince the rest of town to drive a wagon on you without a second thought.
                              I'm really waiting on pins and needles to hear your "meta" reasoning behind a cop fakeclaim day 1. What good could it possibly produce if you are pro-town?
                              I literally already dropped the idea because it doesn't seem like it is helpful, because I anticipate every player being less than 100% aware of the contents of every post. But sure, if you want an antagonistic framing:
                              That's easy: if it's perceived as a reason to lynch me, then people with an interest in lynching me will try to lynch me, since it's the start of D1 and it's unlikely there are very many people floating around with reasons to lynch them. Since it's not alignment indicative, if you're unable to substantiate the case with any actual reasoning, it indicates that you're interested in the lynch and not my alignment, which means you're scum. This sort of post also fills scumchat with wine and can make you more likely to be the nightkill target, both things strictly beneficial to town, though I don't think it's worth the relative cost of filling the daygame with wine which is occurring here right now. Whether that's happening right now because this play was tailored to a place where people get away with posting 2-3 times a day or because you specifically are a raging incompetent is up to you to decide for yourself.
                              PrePostEdit:
                              Normally I wouldn't walk it back until D2, but I am concerned about drawing out legitimate CCs since the idea seems so foreign to you

Comment

You realize VT's are just as important to stay alive?
                                Not really.
                                Only possible danger to me is being lynched, since that puts the lynch on me and not possible scum.
                                YOU WANT SCUM TO COME AND KILL YOU TONIGHT??[/B]
                                Yeah. Better me than a powerrole, right?
                                Isn't this obvious? Don't you get this intuitively?

Comment

Working...
                                X