Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mafia Signups. Choose your own adventure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) in
    2) you can probably guess this but I don't need a break. I do need the game to not start in the middle of the weekend, though.
    3) I don't care about flavor but I cannot say strongly enough how much I would prefer for it to not impact the game
    Originally posted by kthx View Post
    My idea is giving everyone their role but their flavor name would only show up after you die.
    Yeah, this is a good idea.
    However I'm not going to modkill people for calling each other faggots or other casual shit talking. This forum is a wild west of sorts in terms of what it allows. It is part of the flavor and I'm not going to change that even if the new peeps decide they won't play. Beast probably went a bit overboard after I thought about it for a bit, Jessup has been a part of the community for quite a while and I don't mind toning shit down. I will leave it up to y'all if that's enough.
    To be honest I don't care really care either way (about self-censorship guidelines), but modkills are a huge problem. All town are obligated to take any modkills they can rather than being lynched, as a simple example (especially on a forum like this, where it's not like there's such a thing as a ban when there isn't even a captcha to make an account). Random modkills not even outlined in the OP are the sort of thing that would make me walk away from a game, though. If I'd been alive for that I would've done nothing but flame Halp until I was also modkilled or maybe just walked away.
    I'm also of the opinion that editing dead players (illegitimate) posts is worse than just leaving them up, but I didn't see the actual post so I don't know if it was actually relevant to the game at all or just more flavor.
    Hopefully I'm able to write something more digestible to mobile users and not do something unforgivable like let a clear get lynched D1 when I've got two great cases again. I really probably should have read some past games to get a feel for what works but that's neither here nor there (also I'm still not going to do it).

Comment

I'll play but need a few days to rest my weary head.

Since we had a fucking talking tiger in Tiger King let's stay on the fucking ridiculousness of that theme.. I want to do a Scooby-Doo game.

And if we just claim characters I want to be E.T.
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I want to be an animal next time, and I'll literally just make animal noises and try to make some kind of code.

Comment

WillBy who are all these newbies?
          Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by field View Post
            WillBy who are all these newbies?
            Are you talking about Voth and Exalt or what?
            JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
            the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Kthx is it possible to set a post-per-phase-per-person limit? I'd rather not have another 30 D1 pages again. New to all this still so maybe its not as feasible as I'm imagining perhaps.

Comment

1. want to play
                2. need a few days mental break between 1-5 days
                3. I do not know nor have an opinion on any of the three, have not consumed the media; request only that you provide some form of summary of the info needed to play the game effectively (or link to a source that can provide it reliably)—if you will not then I request Shawshank.

Comment

Originally posted by Kassius View Post
                  Kthx is it possible to set a post-per-phase-per-person limit? I'd rather not have another 30 D1 pages again. New to all this still so maybe its not as feasible as I'm imagining perhaps.
                  Fuck no thats how we end up with people thinking 1 post per day phase is adequate

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Comment

I didn't want to suggest a number, but I wasn't thinking single digits.

Comment

Originally posted by scarlet View Post
                      Hopefully I'm able to write something more digestible to mobile users and not do something unforgivable like let a clear get lynched D1 when I've got two great cases again. I really probably should have read some past games to get a feel for what works but that's neither here nor there (also I'm still not going to do it).
                      Tbf you did call a lot of scum scum... don't paint a target on your back. I mean... get lynched scum!

Comment

To be fair, day 1 is just for shit talking and troll votes. Once you get through day 1 the quality of the posts generally increase. Unless Beast is playing

Comment

Originally posted by PartyFalcon View Post
                          1. want to play
                          3. I do not know nor have an opinion on any of the three, have not consumed the media; request only that you provide some form of summary of the info needed to play the game effectively (or link to a source that can provide it reliably)—if you will not then I request Shawshank.
                          Sorry, I have one disclaimer: if anyone personally attacks anyone using slurs I will play to the end of the game out of respect for the time everyone has put into this, but it will be my last game with you folks. I’m not talking about flavor or in-game name-calling or throwing “faggot” around (I would prefer if we don’t though, what does it add, really?), I’m talking about if a human targets another human with words that we all fucking know cross the line.

I’m a visitor and a new person here in your community so please feel free to behave however you want in your own private forum, and I recognize that you don’t need to invite me back. But, I do really enjoy playing with you all and would like to continue so I hope we can keep things game-relevant. I wouldn’t have responded to this signup thread if not for kthx’s disclaimer and some of the other signals that the types of things that we’ve been seeing will not be the norm, and I am appreciative of everyone’s understanding that I’m a goddamn special fucking snowflake and need you to play with kid gloves.

Comment

Sorry, I have one disclaimer: if anyone personally attacks anyone using slurs I will play to the end of the game out of respect for the time everyone has put into this, but it will be my last game with you folks. I’m not talking about flavor or in-game name-calling or throwing “faggot” around (I would prefer if we don’t though, what does it add, really?), I’m talking about if a human targets another human with words that we all fucking know cross the line.

I’m a visitor and a new person here in your community so please feel free to behave however you want in your own private forum, and I recognize that you don’t need to invite me back. But, I do really enjoy playing with you all and would like to continue so I hope we can keep things game-relevant. I wouldn’t have responded to this signup thread if not for kthx’s disclaimer and some of the other signals that the types of things that we’ve been seeing will not be the norm, and I am appreciative of everyone’s understanding that I’m a goddamn special fucking snowflake and need you to play with kid gloves.
                            Are we talking about whatever Beast said? I didn't see it, but if so, I can assure you that nothing about Beast is normal for any forum.

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post

Are you talking about Voth and Exalt or what?
                              And kthx, duh. Who else would I be talking about?
                              Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

1. want to play
                                Yeah I can give a quick summary of whatever one we pick.
                                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                                X