Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mafia Signups. Choose your own adventure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sdrawkcab View Post

Oh man, there's nothing in books that says the color of their skin other than it's NOT pale, they're NOT tall, and they don't have red hair.. if anything, given their choices, my beef is that the actor for Mat isn't dark enough
    The cover art on the books all showed obvious white people. Also, red hair doesn't tend to show up on dark skinned people, and Rand had red hair. Pretty sure Elayne and Egwene were blonde.

Also, it definitely does talk about skin color when it's showing obvious contrast. Seanchan were all black people for instance, and it was specifically mentioned because others were not black. People from the south were also darker skinned than those from the north, sort of like an Italian has darker skin than a Norwegian. Books all state this pretty clearly actually.

RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Isn't Morgan Freeman in Shawshank Redemption? Why aren't we doing that?

that shud be dark enough for you big pappi
      Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post

The cover art on the books all showed obvious white people. Also, red hair doesn't tend to show up on dark skinned people, and Rand had red hair. Pretty sure Elayne and Egwene were blonde.

Also, it definitely does talk about skin color when it's showing obvious contrast. Seanchan were all black people for instance, and it was specifically mentioned because others were not black. People from the south were also darker skinned than those from the north, sort of like an Italian has darker skin than a Norwegian. Books all state this pretty clearly actually.
        I believe Seanchan were more Asian based on their strict honor system and more obviously being from across the ocean. Shara was more like Africa, tribal leaders and the outfits. Most cultures in the books were pretty easily to compare to modern cultures today.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post

We ain't talkin bout the seanchan, we talkin bout Edmonds fielders and no the books don't go into their color other than Rand distinctly didn't look like them and he was described as tall, pale, with red hair

Originally posted by Turban
          everyone new(ish) player seems to be naive as fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post

I believe Seanchan were more Asian based on their strict honor system and more obviously being from across the ocean. Shara was more like Africa, tribal leaders and the outfits. Most cultures in the books were pretty easily to compare to modern cultures today.
            One of the borderlands countries was described as looking Asian... did you just read the cliff notes or something?

Originally posted by Turban
            everyone new(ish) player seems to be naive as fuck.

Comment

One of the borderlands countries was described as looking Asian... did you just read the cliff notes or something?
              Probably more like my own creations based on what I was reading I guess. I just always pictured it like that when I read the books a few times.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Assuming you mean Tarabon? I could see that also, I think I remember them cooking a lot of sweet and sour type dishes. Just assumed Seanchan with the whole empress thing, servants committing suicide due to failing their leaders. It has a lot of nods to older Japanese society. Also the curved blades which seemed more like Katanas plus the garb they wore.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Looks like Shawshank is winning currently.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Why do I have a NP by my name? I said Scooby-Doo as a theme!!! I know y'all probably won't go for it but kthx you could at least list it..
                    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

PS I will keep you updated if I can commit or not. I'm maybe too burnt out and decided to quit TW today so a little sour at everything on this forum. Not at anyone here though. Beast I'm sorry too I was a jerk leaving that last clown emoticon. I'd like to bury the hatchet as they say with you and move on.
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                        Why do I have a NP by my name? I said Scooby-Doo as a theme!!! I know y'all probably won't go for it but kthx you could at least list it..
                        I already listed the three I'm willing to host because I am familiar enough with the subject matter to make good roles and a fun game. Sorry I can't have unlimited topic choices, or time to research an entirely new topic. I have more time than normal right now due to the O&G field being dead but still spend the majority of my time with my kids and wife who are home also.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

ok , well i've seen Shawshank so would rather that personally
                          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

sdrawkcab you really out if it's not WoT? Looks like its gonna be SSR. Probably closing signups Sunday and starting Tuesday or Wednesday
                            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I can change to WoT if it matters. I have no idea what that is but backwards seemed really excited about it
                              JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                              the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

CAN I BE PERIN OR MATT PLS?
                                2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

Working...
                                X