Forum Mafia - Shawshank Redemption - Salvation lies within

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some personal protective equipment
    WillBy move your symbolic vote to leo then, if it doesn't matter where it is.
    Is beast more useless than a player that literally never posts?

Comment

• Originally posted by scarlet View Post
      I've never seen a game where the cult leader was BP. The host of this game was shot as a cult leader in the last game, and the inquisitor was shot by the same vig.
      ?
      If the recruitment is factional, or the recruiter has a 'backup' recruiter on the cult team, then they don't have to be BP, but otherwise, you risk ruining the game by not making the Recruiter BP in multiball setups. It's possible he wasn't BP, but I sure as hell wouldn't bet on that. Also, the Inquisator role was just a glorified SK who could recruit if the player they tried to kill was protected. I don't count that as real cult.

RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I've never seen a game where the cult leader was BP. The host of this game was shot as a cult leader in the last game, and the inquisitor was shot by the same vig.

There are a lot of killing factions that have a motive to shoot jessup, so the idea that someone shot jessup and was blocked seems perfectly reasonable.
        "There's a cop in this game" costs nothing to say. That kassius couldn't be straight between saying jessup was jailed or protected implies to me that they know this because they tried to kill them. It's possible they were just getting various hypotheticals mixed together in their head, but it's still not nothing. I agree that it's unlikely that scum!kassius would say this; I'm coming at this from the angle of sk!kassius. I'm not pursuing it too hard because that implies that he's not mafscum, and it's pretty unconfirmed. Something to revisit if there are two kills N2.

There's something I feel like a lot of us have assumed but I'd like to make explicit:

Does everyone agree that it's extremely unlikely that whoever killed the_paul (including the_pau via recruitmentl) was a vig/townsided?
        Kthx was supposed to be ascetic last game, but halp admitted he made a mistake N1 and it became even night only. So he was supposed to be bulletproof and more. That was role madness though, so maybe too much to read into.

Agreed on the_paul. We saw no other kills, and I would be worried if any townie shot paul after D1. He looked clean to me.

Comment

"There's a cop in this game" costs nothing to say. That kassius couldn't be straight between saying jessup was jailed or protected implies to me that they know this because they tried to kill them. It's possible they were just getting various hypotheticals mixed together in their head, but it's still not nothing. I agree that it's unlikely that scum!kassius would say this; I'm coming at this from the angle of sk!kassius. I'm not pursuing it too hard because that implies that he's not mafscum, and it's pretty unconfirmed. Something to revisit if there are two kills N2.

There's something I feel like a lot of us have assumed but I'd like to make explicit:

Does everyone agree that it's extremely unlikely that whoever killed the_paul (including the_pau via recruitmentl) was a vig/townsided?
          Of course it costs something. Kassius would have no reason to say that otherwise if the cop was paying attention, because if the cop visited someone else, they'd question why the fuck Kassius just said that when he claimed to have visited Jessup. Also, the difference between being jailed and being protected some other way is different, and if someone out there did it, they'd know. Besides that, if Jessup protected herself in some fashion, she'd know how it was done too.

Basically, it makes 0 sense for Kassius to have said what he did if he was lying. You could say it as scum if you left out the specific role stuff, but pretending he is likely scum after this is pretty dumb imo. It's pushing a bad narrative in an effort to redirect suspicion away from WillBy, who fucked up in his response to it. Also, if there are two kills n2, then what's to be revisited would be WillBy's role, since he claims to be voteless. There's no chance of that being real unless he gained something for being voteless today, such as an extra scum NK on N2.
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• vote m_leo

Did you notice nuketheyanks posting D1? He's more useful than beast. afk or not playing is better than anti-town, especially considering the ceiling of the players mentioned. But useless/anti-town is only part of it:
            Originally posted by WillBy View Post
            To elaborate further- he jumped on Exalts traitor gambit, when faced with lynch he basically said this game is stupid, and he will continue to be a liability for town.

I think he would be a good lynch, but I remembered where we left off last phlate. Vote m_leo?

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

Of course it costs something. Kassius would have no reason to say that otherwise if the cop was paying attention, because if the cop visited someone else, they'd question why the fuck Kassius just said that when he claimed to have visited Jessup. Also, the difference between being jailed and being protected some other way is different, and if someone out there did it, they'd know. Besides that, if Jessup protected herself in some fashion, she'd know how it was done too.

Basically, it makes 0 sense for Kassius to have said what he did if he was lying. You could say it as scum if you left out the specific role stuff, but pretending he is likely scum after this is pretty dumb imo. It's pushing a bad narrative in an effort to redirect suspicion away from WillBy, who fucked up in his response to it. Also, if there are two kills n2, then what's to be revisited would be WillBy's role, since he claims to be voteless. There's no chance of that being real unless he gained something for being voteless today, such as an extra scum NK on N2.
              So you agree that he seems like a voyeur? Then why can't he confirm that someone targeted jessup last night for kill? It seems like an easy way to clear up how paul died.

Of course there was something to be gained by risking votelessness. I took my 50/50 shot, I chose PF because she is good enough to be dangerous (worth it vs scum), but afk enough to not feel bad about the chance shes a townie.

Comment

• If a voyeur watched Jessup last night, they would potentially know more than me. No need to out our remaining watching role here Willby, with Sherlock already dead.

I'm hoping my play has protected the voyeur from having to come out with last night's info if they also targetted Jessup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassius View Post
                  If a voyeur watched Jessup last night, they would potentially know more than me. No need to out our remaining watching role here Willby, with Sherlock already dead.

I'm hoping my play has protected the voyeur from having to come out with last night's info if they also targetted Jessup.
                  I'm unclear why you arent offering any more information. But whatever. You have your vote on me. Do you think I am scum?

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post

I'm unclear why you arent offering any more information. But whatever. You have your vote on me. Do you think I am scum?
                    Yep.

Comment

• Care to elaborate? Did you think I was scum before exalt voted me? Did you think I was scum D1?

Comment

• Give me an hour or two and I'll respond to a few things here. Just want people to know I'm not lurking or anything. I haven't had a chance to finish reading everything yet.
                        7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                        Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10
                        Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post
                          Give me an hour or two and I'll respond to a few things here. Just want people to know I'm not lurking or anything. I haven't had a chance to finish reading everything yet.
                          Fair warning, you're going to be reading a lot of nonsense

Comment

• the_paul Being alive on D2 is overrated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	458y0s.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	1343080
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post
                              Care to elaborate? Did you think I was scum before exalt voted me? Did you think I was scum D1?
                              If you read what I said after Exalt posted after my information, you'll know the answer.

Comment

• Exalt kassius isn't claiming that jessup was targeted by the cop, he's only claiming that there is a cop in the setup. At worst this makes the cop slightly more likely to claim which isn't a drawback for kassius if he's not town. For reference, this is what kassius has settled on claiming
                                Originally posted by Kassius View Post
                                Jessup was jailed last night.
                                There is a cop in play.
                                It bothers me that he's posted since but didn't call you out on this.

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                                It's pushing a bad narrative in an effort to redirect suspicion away from WillBy, who fucked up in his response to it.
                                Not really?
                                I've never denied that: D2 willby is scummy, the_paul visiting willby is a likely possiblity. Actually, I've said both those things.
                                If the_paul visited willby, willby isn't town. Whether he's now cult or he's scum and his being visited killed the_paul, we're gonna have to lynch him at some point.
                                You said you gave D1 willby a pass. I thought willby was town D1.
                                If willby is just a leftover of an un-expanding cult, we can lynch him whenever.

So, again, I'll ask:
                                What about D1 willby made you think he was scum?
                                Also, why did you not pursue him then (what was your "tactical reason")?

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                                Also, if there are two kills n2, then what's to be revisited would be WillBy's role, since he claims to be voteless. There's no chance of that being real unless he gained something for being voteless today, such as an extra scum NK on N2.
                                All I'm saying with this is I don't think it's worth worrying about the possibility of a sk until such a time as we actually see two kills, i.e. I don't think there's any value whatsoever in going after kassius until then over it.

Kassius do you mean post #322? I'm really not seeing a decent explanation here.

Comment

Working...
                                X