• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post
    Anyone want a piece of this?
    I really don't tbh

What is there even to say about it?
    I can't think of a situation (which isn't extremely contrived and involving some multiple rare third parties) where doctor should ever not act, especially N1. It follows that nobody claiming doctor should claim unprovoked they didn't act, unless maybe they're trying to preempt someone who tracked them and saw that they didn't act.
    It stands against the doctor claim, which if fake probably puts jessup back on the chopping block, except I don't have a problem with e.g. a vanilla townie claiming doc D1 to prevent a mislynch. If this were a reasonable player, I'd be sympathetic to a narrative where it's an attempt to softclaim a non-acting role and walk it back.
    It's jessup though, so I'm open to the possibility that it's entirely without irony. That it was done out of fear that they were tracked I am open to, but I'm not going to read too much into it.

Exalt bruh
    Originally posted by Exalt View Post
    Vote:WillBy
    I gave him a pass D1, but that was for tactical reasons. He's scum friends.
    Still gotta explain this. If willby is scum, he was scum D1. If you gave him a pass, that means there was something you could have gone after that you didn't.
    What have I missed that makes willby such scum?

Comment

• Originally posted by scarlet View Post
      I really don't tbh

What is there even to say about it?
      I can't think of a situation (which isn't extremely contrived and involving some multiple rare third parties) where doctor should ever not act, especially N1. It follows that nobody claiming doctor should claim unprovoked they didn't act, unless maybe they're trying to preempt someone who tracked them and saw that they didn't act.
      It stands against the doctor claim, which if fake probably puts jessup back on the chopping block, except I don't have a problem with e.g. a vanilla townie claiming doc D1 to prevent a mislynch. If this were a reasonable player, I'd be sympathetic to a narrative where it's an attempt to softclaim a non-acting role and walk it back.
      It's jessup though, so I'm open to the possibility that it's entirely without irony. That it was done out of fear that they were tracked I am open to, but I'm not going to read too much into it.
      I've been 100 percent truthful and have nothing to hide anymore. Anyone still trying to allude I'm still scum is either scum themselves or being a dum dum and working against town. Not using an action last night made perfect sense. Because of Kass we have intel now that I was likely targeted and protected it seems too. I need to know who to protect before I start protecting too obviously. I'm not gonna protect some mafia scum. Imagine if I shot in the dark and protected the_paul lol. not a good move.

TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Still gotta explain this. If willby is scum, he was scum D1. If you gave him a pass, that means there was something you could have gone after that you didn't.
        What have I missed that makes willby such scum?
        I dont have to do anything, since WillBy flat out refused to give a reads list when asked and nobody else gives a shit, while you still call him your top TR for some inexplicable reason. You're not changing your mind, and I'm not lynching you today, so there's not much else to talk about yet.
        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• I call him my second highest D1 TR.
          I've called him scummy more times on D2 than any other player.
          I'm holding off on voting him because I think that if I do I'll get to see whatever mysterious pearls of wisdom you have to offer about D1 willby being scum
          I might even get to learn why you decided it would be appropriate to wait until D2 (not N1) to reveal them.

Comment

• It seems fairly obvious to me what the situation with kassius and exalt is. I’m not sure why scarlet, arguably the most advanced player here, is using shitlogic to throw shade. This is TW forum mafia, the only time a coordinated scum claim like the type scarlet is suggesting of kassius and exalt happens here on D2 is in theory, and it never ends up being more than that. Maybe we’re witnessing the evolution of TW forum mafia unravel before our eyes, but I’m more inclined to believe both of them and use said information to find scum.

Exalt and Kassius are now my strongest town reads, and it’s hard to not get scum vibes from anyone throwing shade in their direction.

ill leave my vote on beast for now, but Willby is also not making a lot of sense under pressure, and I’d definitely move in that direction if/when appropriate.

Comment

• And if what kassius and exalt are claiming is true, Jessups claim is no longer suspect in my eyes.

Comment

• Ok wait I’m a little behind. Did the town claimed doctor say she didn’t use her action last night? That changes things..

Comment

• Originally posted by Halp View Post
                  Ok wait I’m a little behind. Did the town claimed doctor say she didn’t use her action last night? That changes things..
                  why halp? Can someone explain how this changes a thing? I didn't want to wrongfully protect a scum for one..
                  TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                  TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Halp View Post
                    arguably the most advanced player here
                    Now THIS is reaching

Originally posted by Halp View Post
                    the only time a coordinated scum claim like the type scarlet is suggesting of kassius and exalt happens here on D2 is in theory, and it never ends up being more than that. Maybe we’re witnessing the evolution of TW forum mafia unravel before our eyes, but I’m more inclined to believe both of them and use said information to find scum.
                    What coordinated scum claim?
                    I'm saying kassius could have just said there was a cop offhand, because who would challenge that? The cop?
                    Watch this: There is a cop in this setup.
                    Woah
                    I haven't even commented on the vote manipulation shit, beyond the fact that willby's claim is super weird. Well, if PF has two votes and Willby has none, that's in his (willby's) favor I guess.

Originally posted by Halp View Post
                    Exalt and Kassius are now my strongest town reads, and it’s hard to not get scum vibes from anyone throwing shade in their direction.

ill leave my vote on beast for now, but Willby is also not making a lot of sense under pressure, and I’d definitely move in that direction if/when appropriate.
                    So why hasn't exalt told us anything about why he thought willby was scummy D1 and never said anything about it?
                    Why post
                    Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                    WillBy is sketch because it's WillBy, but his defense of people like Jessup doesnt make a ton of sense as scum. He couldve just not say anything and let Jessup get yeeted. Town for now
                    At the end of D1, risk dying N1 with whatever secret he's kept, and now refuse to tell me (part of) why I should vote the person he thinks is scum?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                      why halp? Can someone explain how this changes a thing? I didn't want to wrongfully protect a scum for one..
                      Are there no players in the game that you think are very likely town?
                      Do you believe the majority of kills in the game are owned by relatively well informed town?

The chance of protecting a scum from a kill is way lower because, as a general rule, it's scum doing the kills.

Comment

Are there no players in the game that you think are very likely town?
                        Do you believe the majority of kills in the game are owned by relatively well informed town?

The chance of protecting a scum from a kill is way lower because, as a general rule, it's scum doing the kills.
                        it depends .. D1 I had no one I trusted so it wasn't worth it. I hope I get more info who to trust and protect as this phase moves on tho. I'd love to protect town when it has a valid reason to be done
                        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• WillBy's questioning of Kassius half-assed post is legitimate. He wasn't asking a "dumb" question, Exalt. I thought that post by Kassius was scummy and could only be made from an informed point of view. It's ridiculous NOT to question how Kassius has all this knowledge as a townie, because more likely than not, he's scum and feeding us information learned by his team last night.

Making WillBy claim was unfortunate, but cleared to me that he isn't voting Beast out of any concrete knowledge. I'd make note of the crocodiles crying about WillBy voting Beast.

Have to ask:

WillBy - if you're voteless because you lost the gamble, what did party falcon win? Your vote? Does she have two votes now?

Halp: You're forgetting that Kassius can be scum and Exalt town, or vice versa. It isn't necessarily they're either both town or both scum. I think it's unlikely, actually. The way Kassius waited for someone so he could piggy back and vote for WillBy is quite indicative that he's scum leaning.

So I'm going to vote: Kassius for a variety of reasons mentioned above that make me think he's scummy. I'll give a chance to Kassius to explain how in the hell does mentioning that a cop exists in the setup helps town, on day 2 no less where the cop isn't even sure of their sanity?

Jessup: For a self-declared mafia legend you still haven't figured out that as doctor you're supposed to protect the player that you think is likeliest to be killed by scum at night? Also, as a rule of thumb, it's the scum doing the killing and they generally don't kill each other.

scarlet why do you think M leo is scum?

Vehicle how big was your bong hit before that post?

Lastly, you newbs had Jessup and Beast tied at some point not long before end of day one. You couldn't, like, I don't know... signed the fuck off and had a beer while kthx raised the game IQ by a thousand points?

Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Gonna say i’m definitely struggling to imagine jessup not using doctor protection because of the Unlikely chance she might protect a 3rd party that the mafia also targets on N1.

other town power roles protecting/watching/investigating jessup Solely based on her d1 panic claim doesn’t actually confirm anything about her alignment unless i’m Missing something. I wish i had info to offer, unfortunately, Though, i don’t Have any valuable info to share at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by field View Post
                              WillBy's questioning of Kassius half-assed post is legitimate. He wasn't asking a "dumb" question, Exalt. I thought that post by Kassius was scummy and could only be made from an informed point of view. It's ridiculous NOT to question how Kassius has all this knowledge as a townie, because more likely than not, he's scum and feeding us information learned by his team last night.

Making WillBy claim was unfortunate, but cleared to me that he isn't voting Beast out of any concrete knowledge. I'd make note of the crocodiles crying about WillBy voting Beast.

Have to ask:

WillBy - if you're voteless because you lost the gamble, what did party falcon win? Your vote? Does she have two votes now?

Halp: You're forgetting that Kassius can be scum and Exalt town, or vice versa. It isn't necessarily they're either both town or both scum. I think it's unlikely, actually. The way Kassius waited for someone so he could piggy back and vote for WillBy is quite indicative that he's scum leaning.

So I'm going to vote: Kassius for a variety of reasons mentioned above that make me think he's scummy. I'll give a chance to Kassius to explain how in the hell does mentioning that a cop exists in the setup helps town, on day 2 no less where the cop isn't even sure of their sanity?

Jessup: For a self-declared mafia legend you still haven't figured out that as doctor you're supposed to protect the player that you think is likeliest to be killed by scum at night? Also, as a rule of thumb, it's the scum doing the killing and they generally don't kill each other.

scarlet why do you think M leo is scum?

Vehicle how big was your bong hit before that post?

Lastly, you newbs had Jessup and Beast tied at some point not long before end of day one. You couldn't, like, I don't know... signed the fuck off and had a beer while kthx raised the game IQ by a thousand points?
                              So you don’t believe Jessup, but you’re voting for Kassius who is the player who has so far provided the most useful info to us? Ooook bro.

Comment

• Sorry all, just now catching up on all of this.

TP's death seems like he was most likely killed recruiting scum. So, this means that in some capacity mafia was blocked from their kill. If we believe that Kassius saw Jessup get jailed, but didn't see someone try to kill Jessup, that means that Mafia tried to kill someone else and was blocked. So, we must have some other protective roles out there. (Stay quiet though.)

I would normally guess that Jessup was the protector, but now she's claiming that she didn't protect anyone last night. I agree that this is a really odd move as a doctor. This could mean that Jessup is not a doctor and just leveraged a false claim into a night of protection; it could also mean that Jessup is a doctor and just...didn't; or it could mean that Jessup is a doctor and is lying about not protecting anyone. It could be that Jessup is a mafia doctor and is just trying to claim no protection to avoid drawing attention to whomever they tried to protect.

However, unless Jessup is 1) town doc, and 2) protected someone and 3) is now lying about it ....we still have an unaccounted for lack of scum kills. Still not seeing this all add up.

Re: Willby. If PartyFalcon could weigh in on this, that would be helpful. Although, I guess that depends on what happens if you "win" -- based on what Willby claimed, it sounds like it's just loser who loses their vote. This kind of feels like a perfect way to cover your ass without anyone knowing. ("As long as you keep "losing" then nobody can challenge it.)

Re: Jessup. I really don't believe Jessup's claim at the moment. This, like Willby's claim, seems perfectly designed to provide an excuse without any verifiable results. That said...that could have just been a very poorly planned strategic decision.

Re: Kassius, how do you know there's a cop if you didn't see them visit Jessup? I feel like there's a piece of information missing here that I'm just not seeing. Now, I don't think Kassius would stick their neck out this much unless they weren't telling some version of the truth, so I'm not voting you today. Still a bit confused though as this doesn't all add up.

Re: Field attacking Kassius out of left-Field (get it?). This also seems scummy af too. Kassius has provided us with the most information so far. Now, if it proves to be wrong, then well, good on you Kassius, but I don't think we should be lynching the one person who has given us (potentially) useful info this round. We'll have to see how things shake out soon.

So, I'm currently leaning to lynch either Field or Willby but want to see if PF can give us any more info before I make up my mind on that specific one.

Comment

Working...
                                X