Forum Mafia - Shawshank Redemption - Salvation lies within

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Mafia - Shawshank Redemption - Salvation lies within

Welcome to the game folks, hope you all have a good time playing. Without further adieu -

Shawshank Redemption

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...ank_Redemption

https://www.sparknotes.com/short-stories/rita-hayworth-and-the-shawshank-redemption/characters/

For a general idea of how to play mafia, go here: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide
    For a (mostly) comprehensive list of roles, go here: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?...Category:Roles

RULES

Flavor reveals are banned this game, asking for a players juicy flavorful characters name or posting your own will result in a modkill. Roleclaims are of course still legal.

1) Actions occur in this order: Roleblocks > Protecting roles > Killing roles > Recruiting roles > Investigative roles.

2) All votes must be BOLDED including unvotes. For example:

UNVOTE: player x

VOTE: player y

3) You cannot abstain from voting.

4) There will be double lynches. In the event of a vote tie, the day will conclude with both players lynched.

5) You can speak in public as you please during Night Phases.

6) Phases will last however long I see fit. I expect votes every day and night-actions at night. Please don't keep everyone else waiting.

7) Never re-post any pm sent to you by me. Do not post screen shots either. I will mod-kill you instantly if you do so.

8) You may not EDIT your posts. Multi-posting to correct what was said is fine.

9) If you're dead, you're dead. Dead people don't talk nor share any information.

10) If you have any questions, please PM me.

11) Submit your night actions if you have one. If you don't wish to use yours, please let me know that too so we can move on faster.

12) PRIVATE MESSAGING IS NOT ALLOWED, Unless PMing the moderator or otherwise specified.

13) I reserve the right to modify the rules slightly for extraneous situations.
    Last edited by kthx; 06-11-2020, 12:55 AM.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Role PMs will be sent out shortly. All players and their respective roles were randomized using random.org, there is zero bias in the role selection.

It is currently day phase six.

Player list

1. Exalt
    2. the_paul murdered night 1 - Cult Recruiter
    3. Voth
    4. field - killed bight 3 - Prison Smuggler
    5. Vehicle lynched day 2 - Prison Asshole
    6. WillBy - killed night 4 - Prison Gambler
    7. Zeebu - killed night 5 - Prison Good Neighbor
    8. PartyFalcon - modkilled night 4 - cult roleblocker
    9. Kassius
    10. Jessup - lynched day 5 - prison doctor
    11. Halp - lynched day 3 - mafia strongman
    12. Beast
    13. Sherlock Holmes - lynched day 1 - prison watcher
    14. m_leonhard - modkilled night 4 - serial killer
    15. scarlet - killed night 3 - mafia goon
    Last edited by kthx; 07-02-2020, 08:30 PM.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Role PMs have been sent, if anyone didn't receive their PM, didn't receive their role or flavor, or have any questions feel free to send me a message. Also in the interest of fairness some roles were taken or slightly changed/adapted from the following site as well. Good luck.

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...e/mafia-roles/
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

vote: WillBy

How do you say "I beat you to it" in Italian?
        Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

second! hi ummm town o/
          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Wow double lynches and infinite freely invokable modkills. I guess if there's no strict phase timer then taking a modkill while the primary lynch target will just be interpreted as the day ending and you wasting the lynch (on yourself).

Vote Voth
            Voth Are you the type of player to misrepresent someone and try to make up something to put into their mouth wholecloth as town when you're trying to drive a lynch, or do you generally restrict that sort of thing to your scum game?

For anyone: thoughts on aiming for a double lynch D1?

Comment

Originally posted by scarlet View Post
              Wow double lynches and infinite freely invokable modkills. I guess if there's no strict phase timer then taking a modkill while the primary lynch target will just be interpreted as the day ending and you wasting the lynch (on yourself).

Vote Voth
              Voth Are you the type of player to misrepresent someone and try to make up something to put into their mouth wholecloth as town when you're trying to drive a lynch, or do you generally restrict that sort of thing to your scum game?

if we have info sure...if not no especially day 1:deal2: Any reason why you ask scarlet? Would that be a good strategy?
              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                Any reason why you ask scarlet? Would that be a good strategy?
                Well yeah.
                Any town-owned kills not used tip the balance of town/scum kills into scum's favor. Not double lynching in a 1-or-2-lynch game is comparable to not lynching in a 1-or-0-lynch game.
                Nobody ever gave me a reason otherwise when I went over it with kthx in tigerking signups.
                Since kthx is giving us an open dayphase without a timer we don't even really need to worry about last minute runs on the vote like we had so many days last time.

Comment

Well yeah.
                  Any town-owned kills not used tip the balance of town/scum kills into scum's favor. Not double lynching in a 1-or-2-lynch game is comparable to not lynching in a 1-or-0-lynch game.
                  Nobody ever gave me a reason otherwise when I went over it with kthx in tigerking signups.
                  Since kthx is giving us an open dayphase without a timer we don't even really need to worry about last minute runs on the vote like we had so many days last time.
                  It's not totally open, my plan is to end the phase so we can enter the weekend on a night so people can enjoy themselves without having to worry about getting lynched. I'll announce it when I have a better estimate.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I'm in favor of the double lynches.

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                    second! hi ummm town o/
                    Jessup, do tell. You are greeting us as if you weren't part of the town itself, as an outsider. Care to explain your account?

VOTE: Jessup

Comment

Originally posted by field View Post
                      vote: WillBy

How do you say "I beat you to it" in Italian?
                      Were you and Will competing to see who votes the other first?

Comment

Willby are you planning on being outted on N1 again, tonight? If we can get a double-lynch going maybe we can at least save you from this fate :P

Comment

I support lynching literally everyone that isn't me, especially with how long last game was dragging on. Everyone needs to die for that, preferably as fast as possible. If an obvious townie is on the block, then I'll draw the line and say no, but that day is not today.
                          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Also, VOTE: Jessup
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Just kidding.

Vote: Paul

Tradition is important
                              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                              X