No announcement yet.

Mafia Signups - The West Wing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Besides I tried burying the hatchet honestly.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Well, I don't really support giving hormones to kids, especially when it's basically Munchausen by proxy ... or when a mother, after having 2 or 3 or 4 boys and having really wanted a girl, sort of force-feminizes the youngest boy in an attempt to get what she could not otherwise. That's pathology.

But there are also instances where it is something very much part of a person's nature. XX/XY is not a real binary but rather the average result, and intersex births are actually quite common. Anywhere from as generous as 1 in 60 (1.7%) to as conservative as 1 in 2000 (0.05%). Nevertheless, even taking the most conservative estimates as correct, scientifically speaking, it's far more common than almost anyone consciously understands and operates on the basis of. Surprisingly frequently, special doctors are called in at "ambiguous" births in order to sex a baby, to determine its gender from then on out. This is not always done in accordance with chromosomes, and sometimes XX is assigned male and XY is assigned female. There is also XO, XXY, XXX, XXXX, XXXXX, etc. Again, not something many people care to know about, because it's disturbing and doesn't really fit into our understanding of the world, yet is part of it.

These are generally normal people who can operate in normal ways in society. Nothing else different except born intersex. Women with two or even three vaginas, for instance. Obviously, the lives of these people are a bit more complicated. Perhaps you can now imagine being born as such a person, even in our "woke" 2020... What does your existence consist of? How do you figure out how to live? Who are your romantic partners? And I get it, maybe you really don't care about this kind of person, maybe you want to just say they're all "freaks", common as they are, natural as they are... because they make you fucking uncomfortable. As they do me. Being honest. It's not a comfortable topic to talk about. They're still people, though. Even if we can't understand what the hell to do about any of it or how to integrate them into our society without changing how everything works.

Humanity is strange, that's all. Stranger than we ever give it credit for. And it's going to take time to figure it out, and we need people from all positions thinking about it ... but rationally. Without all this emotion and name-calling and strawmanning.
      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
      -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

kthx qan

​​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WnkBIWGhHA&t=12s
        2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

Do you guys want to play a small game with 9 people? Or should I wait a bit more?
          Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

I'm fine either way
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
              I'm fine either way
              Same
              7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
              Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10
              Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Personally, I strongly prefer smaller games.

Comment

Originally posted by field View Post
                  Do you guys want to play a small game with 9 people? Or should I wait a bit more?
                  Sure, why not
                  RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                  RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Alright I'll start the game next week.
                    Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

Yeah I'm fine with a small game. Field can you please also ?message me in game when this starts, I'd appreciate it.
                      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                      Message has been sent to online moderators
                      2:BLeeN> veh yes
                      (Overstrand)>no
                      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                      2:BLeeN> ok then no
                      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

I'm actually pretty stoked. Everyone who is signed up is a solid mafia player with the very glaring exception of Beast, who is horrendous.
                        7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                        Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10
                        Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
                          I'm actually pretty stoked. Everyone who is signed up is a solid mafia player with the very glaring exception of Beast, who is horrendous.
                          i could be on standby if the game starts soon. ill highlight this quote if i sign up

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
                            How else am I suppose to play my Mafia roles, get myself mod killed for your convenience?, silly goose. I admit i'm not great at town roles.
                            2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

Originally posted by ixt View Post

i could be on standby if the game starts soon. ill highlight this quote if i sign up
                              Game will start in the next couple of days. I'm finalizing setup so if you want to play now is your chance to sign up.
                              Trench Wars Player

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                                Yeah I'm fine with a small game. Field can you please also ?message me in game when this starts, I'd appreciate it.
                                Will do.
                                Trench Wars Player

Comment

Working...
                                X