Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

100 street-credits for whoever knows what my avatar is.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No... it's...

LOLO
    sdg

Comment

Originally posted by stabwound
      Because it is one of the best videogame series EVER.
      Originally posted by dothefandango
      Kirby right?
      By stab's description, I'd say so.
      sage

Comment

Creager doesn't know any videogames before the SNES. Excuse his ignorance.

Comment

The characters in Kirby are actually called Lololo and Lalala. I don't know why they added the extra syllable though. Perhaps there were licensing issues or maybe it's a parody or an homage. It might also be something that makes more sense if you're familiar with Japanese culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
            Creager doesn't know any videogames before the SNES. Excuse his ignorance.
            I know them, but when there's something better, you try to forget and make space.
            sage

Comment

LoLo is a funny game name... LOL~! :grin:
              AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                The characters in Kirby are actually called Lololo and Lalala. I don't know why they added the extra syllable though. Perhaps there were licensing issues or maybe it's a parody or an homage. It might also be something that makes more sense if you're familiar with Japanese culture.
                OMGZ GUYS TROLL MADE A GRAMMATICAL ERRRRROR.

Comment

Not really. "Homage" can be pronounced with a silent h, meaning it starts with a vowel "o" sound just like how one pronounces "honour". You wouldn't say "it's been a honour" but "it's been an honour". If you pronounce the "h" in "homage" then you would use "a". If you pronounce without the "h", you'd use "an". Both are accepted as long as you are consistant in your usage.

EDIT: It mostly depends on local dialects. In some forms of Canadian English, for example, French has a heavier influence on pronounciation than in some other regions. The "h" is more often than not silent in French, and you can see the influence on whether someone pronounces it "homage" as in "home-idge" or with a French influence, "oh-maj" (rhymes with "fromage" or "cheese", in French). There are some too that would combine the two and pronounce it "oh-midge", a silent "h" without the French influence. There are also some regions which switch back and forth depending on the stresses of the sentence, so they might say "an homage" with a silent "h" and later say "pay homage" with the "h" sound.
                  Last edited by Troll King; 03-26-2005, 03:47 AM.

Comment

I remember when Troll King accidentally type "ture" instead of "true."
                    Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                    1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                    1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                    1:Chao <ER>> at all
                    1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                    1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                    Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                    Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Isn't Lolo from kirby? That's what I meant anyhow.
                      Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                      sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Thanks for the info TK, now all I wanna know is, what the hell does homage mean?
                        5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                        5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                        5: Da1andonly> =((
                        5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                        5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                        5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

If anyone likes the Lolo games, you should try Eggerland, which is the original Japanese version of the game, but is a lot different and harder:

In Eggerland, you move around the rooms like in Zelda, and some of the rooms have multiple entrances which means you can't even solve the level unless you come in from the correct side. Also, you have to get keys to open certain doors. Obviously this makes it like 100x harder.

Of course the game was only released in Japan, and for the FDS system. If you wanna check it out, you'll have to find a ROM of it. It's a pretty sweet game.
                          Last edited by Stabwound; 03-26-2005, 01:09 PM.
                          sdg

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango
                            Isn't Lolo from kirby? That's what I meant anyhow.
                            Halken changed it to Lololo for kirby, probably because they wanted people to forget that they made the game. Wouldn't suprise me, the company changes their name every day. But at least you guys know Kirby, so I have a little faith.

Stab did Jun do the music for that one? I'd lay money down Hirokazu did it. I'm not about to play it to find out.
                            sage

Comment

Working...
                            X