Human After All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human After All

When the incredibly annoying "One More Time" hit the airwaves a few years ago, I wrote Daft Punk off as a crappy group with no future. Not only was I not into this type of music at all in the first place, but I figured if a single was that bad, the rest of their stuff could be even worse. The thought of that made my skin crawl.

Fast forward to 2005. Daft Punk releases the "Human After All" album. I hear a lot of good things about it. With cautious optimism I download a couple of tracks. I'm hooked. This is a long way off from what I normally listen to, but I'm definitely enjoying it.

A couple of questions for anyone who's familiar with DP. Was I wrong in writing them off for one bad single? Should I give them another chance and check out the rest of their work, or is "Human After All" just a fluke? Also, I need some more stuff similar to this album, as I'm outgrowing this playlist full of Norwegian black metal and Icelandic rap-rock.
    Originally posted by Tone
    It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
    Originally posted by the_paul
    Gargle battery acid fuckface
    Originally posted by Material Girl
    I tried downloading a soundcard

Originally posted by Pure Hatred
    When the incredibly annoying "One More Time" hit the airwaves a few years ago, I wrote Daft Punk off as a crappy group with no future. Not only was I not into this type of music at all in the first place, but I figured if a single was that bad, the rest of their stuff could be even worse. The thought of that made my skin crawl.

Fast forward to 2005. Daft Punk releases the "Human After All" album. I hear a lot of good things about it. With cautious optimism I download a couple of tracks. I'm hooked. This is a long way off from what I normally listen to, but I'm definitely enjoying it.

A couple of questions for anyone who's familiar with DP. Was I wrong in writing them off for one bad single? Should I give them another chance and check out the rest of their work, or is "Human After All" just a fluke? Also, I need some more stuff similar to this album, as I'm outgrowing this playlist full of Norwegian black metal and Icelandic rap-rock.
    Daft punk are nice!!
    You should listen one of their oldest album's rolling and scratching. I still haven't listened to the new album bu i hope they won't dispoint me. O ne of their greatest hits was "around the world" very old and very famous... frmo the same album as rolling and scratching.
    A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

I always liked Daft Punk. None of there ablums sound exactly alike, so If you didnt like discovery (album with One More Time) try another. I remember hearing them shortly after splurgin and buying every Crystal Method and Chemical Brothers CD. I have to admit, after listing to Human After All the tiny flame for Electronica has been sparked yet again. :fear:

Comment

Duelpasta and painkiller says:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by duel pasta; 03-26-2005, 08:20 PM.
        help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

yo that post makes no sense jappappapapauheuhhhuhhh

Comment

Originally posted by hogo
            yo that post makes no sense jappappapapauheuhhhuhhh
            yeah, we're kinda bored, and we found no thread to post this, so I just choose this thread to post it in.
            help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Originally posted by jappeuuuh
              yeah, we're kinda bored, and we found no thread to post this, so I just choose this thread to post it in.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
              Kay

:up:

Comment

Um, yeah, it's a fluke. It's a fluke because it's goddamn terrible.
                Originally posted by Ward
                OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Eh, Smashing Pumpkins Greatest Hits, get it and love it. Never was into Techno/Trance.

Comment

Originally posted by Torn Wing
                    Eh, Smashing Pumpkins Greatest Hits, get it and love it. Never was into Techno/Trance.
                    agreed.
                    Originally posted by Tone
                    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Working...
                    X