Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's got Vista?

I do, 179.99$ holyyyyyy.

Ah well, I didn't have to fork over the money, I'll take it.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

fuck this garbage os, im gona get an apple.

Comment

It's not all that bad. I am liking it so far. As far as the limitations, it has some due to driver compatability, but that will change soon... as it did for XP. Being networked with a few computers running XP it makes it not as bad, but if all I had was one system with Vista on it, I would be hating it.
      May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

I dont and i wont get it either
        Today we may say aloud before an awe-struck world: "We are still masters of our fate.
        We are still captain of our souls." -Winston Churchill

Comment

Its like they took all the bad things about macs and combined them with windows.
          Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
          Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

I'm gonna buy it when I build my new PC in a couple of months.

It's only about 70 quid for Home Premium OEM.
            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
            ---A few minutes later---
            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
            9:Kim> UM
            9:Kim> i didn't
            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

I'm getting a new laptop in the summer and I'll probably get Vista with it because it looks nice
              Originally posted by Facetious
              edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

I got Vista on a new computer I just bought. I have to get a new power supply however as it's not strong enough to support the video card I got.

The problem with Vista is that people were expecting Microsoft to change the world with it, and their expectations were much too high.

Comment

A lot of people around here have it since the university gives it to certain majors fo' free
                  USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by D1st0rt View Post
                    A lot of people around here have it since the university gives it to certain majors fo' free
                    True, comp sci majors get it for free. I'm not in compsci, my friend told me this.
                    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                    Failure teaches success.

Comment

I heard that if you get Vista you should at minimum get professional cause Home sucks. If you do want home, you need to get Home Premium. (This is what I heard, I don't have it myself, I just heard Home is pretty crappy).
                      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Home premium has all the fancy things that Bill Gates advertises vista with, like all the aero display and what not. In terms of security, there is no difference.

You get windows media player too with premium (wow)
                        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                        Failure teaches success.

Comment

Doesn't come with Windows Media Player in Europe though due to some retarded EU ruling.

In price order:

Home Basic is shit, it doesn't have the Aeroglass features (one of the main selling points).

Home Premium has everything you need. All the Media Centre stuff, fancy effects etc.

Business is pretty much Home Premium but WITHOUT the Media Centre stuff, it has some extra stuff, but I don't think much of it is relevant to a home user.

Enterprise is just business with a few extra things.

Ultimate is everything + some fancy extras (moving desktop backgrounds and others).

I'd go for Home Premium (unless you're stupidly rich or getting it free some how, cause then I'd go for Ultimate).
                          USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                          ---A few minutes later---
                          9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                          9:Kim> UM
                          9:Kim> i didn't
                          9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                          9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                          9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                          9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King View Post
                            I got Vista on a new computer I just bought. I have to get a new power supply however as it's not strong enough to support the video card I got.

The problem with Vista is that people were expecting Microsoft to change the world with it, and their expectations were much too high.
                            Well, it's not like Microsoft was telling everyone that it would change the world or anything.

People expected the next big upgrade in the OS department (much like the 360, PS3 and Wii are upgrades on console gaming). Microsoft knew this and made too many promises. Now, people are pissed because they were told that Vista would change the way we use computers, but instead they got the same crappy windows with a bit of a new interface.

If you want the scrolling windows, and other lame shit like that, then go buy a mac.
                            Last edited by Squeezer; 02-25-2007, 06:13 PM.
                            Originally posted by Tone
                            Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

I could've upgraded for free on my new laptop, but I'm too afraid it'll mess things up.

Comment

Working...
                              X