Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (possibly) an amusing story

How I nearly burnt my face off AKA: 'How the world was close to rejoicing'

Some of you may be aware that in my spare time (there's lots of it) I like to create short movies with a friend (mostly as a piss about). For a while we'd been thinking about doing something 'mysterious' with smoke bombs and yesterday we did it.

We found a video recipe on youtube and bought most of the ingredients for it except my friend wanted to skip on visco fuse so we decided on string instead.

So anyway, we started making these at 10 o clock in a milk pan (as my friend didn't want to wash up afterwards so he bought a cheap pan that we could chuck away afterwards) and these buggers are very small, so we had to cook 3 times @ 40 minutes each. The 3rd time we decided to make a big one (as we'd ran out of dye and tubes but were left with plenty of kno3) in a pringles tube.

We got to this conifer conserve, found an opening and decided to film out there. We lit the string, stood back and 'pft', the string went out. So we basically had to bash the stuff out of the loo rolls and light them with no fuse. Some good results were produced (the dye didn't work though).

During the dialog scene I realised that the farm just over yonder was where I bought the Church's christmas tree and realised we were actually on private land. Therefore, we decided to do one more shot then bugger off.

I picked up the pringles tube, lit it and thought 'that's unusual, the others didn't spark like that' then before I knew it.... this is where I struggle to describe it so I did a gif.

That thing that looks like a torch is the pringles tube, all the solution inside of it is combusting all at once. The flame was bigger than that in the picture and the smoke was rising metres up. I stood there holding it for a couple of seconds, absolutely stunned until I put my thinking cap on and placed it neatly on the ground (we were in a dense wood, I couldn't chuck it) and told my friend to get the water but by the time he got it it had pretty much died down. Safe to say, we pretty much legged it after that.

I asked my friend for his version of events: 'You said "are you filming this because it's lit", I turned round to check the camera when I heard it fizzle. I turned around to see you holding it while the tin was ablaze and the smoke was travelling metres into the sky. We got divided by the fire & smoke and you shouted "get the water"'

So yeah, just a normal day.

so, was it on film?

Comment

we're visual learners, we need to see the vid to be impressed..

Comment

Originally posted by Kezia View Post
        we're visual learners, we need to see the vid to be impressed..
        I thought the GIF was above and beyond

Comment

damn i thought u died, but then u wouldnt be posting this huh ted :>

Comment

I have annexed your GIF as my avatar. Too bad it doesn't move.
            thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

the video would be nice :P

Comment

Working...
              X