TWLB - No Playoffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE WEASEL IS RIGHT! (for once)

Sleepy has some very solid points up there!

You know what 11 weeks means for TWLB? Bad things man... baaaaaaaaad things. Playoff baby! PLAYOFFS!

(Don't you just live my insight and thrilling commentary?)
    Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

i want playoffs i wanna beat Light at least twice.

-bram

Comment

agreed playoff's would be nice like drow has sed in a different post about playoff formats (i'm guessing for twld and twlj) is its always neat for underdog teams to try to pull off upsets in playoff times..thast what makes the NFL and all kinds of professional sports entertaining at end of year. I mean wouldnt of it been interesting if the Yankee's got beat by a wildcard team in the playoffs. just like it would be a suprise to see diso get beat by the last ranked team in the playoffs (or light). If ur truely the best basing squad u should be able to pull ur way through the playoffs the real competative part of the league not jsut the season where ppl are falling off rosters and such, but when the squad has a decent idea who to play where and who will stay and this way u'll play the ppl who are in f0sh0 not ppl constantly droping out.
        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Playoffs! Or 22 weeks! We just wanna play for more than another 4 weekends. =] Shaking off the Seige losses would be nice too.

Comment

i am a basing follower. 22 weeks, or playoffs will make it fair. too many teams dropping and getting stuck with unfair disadvantages.
            To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
            brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

]Someone made a huge point here:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
              Think about these things because Sleepy Weasel wants you to.

1. Whiterabbits is a definite top 5 basing squad, possibly top 3. Only half the teams will have to face them though if we do 11 weeks and no playoffs, that doesn't seem fair. Plus with the bad rec they came into leagues with, they have 0 chance of winning

2. It looks like the top spots will have at most 2 losses. Say key players couldn't make a match on a certain week because of the time they were forced to schedule it at and they lose. Does that one loss really mean they aren't the best basing team? They should have another shot

3. A number of squads have had no show wins. That's huge in a season determined by only 11 total games.

4. Squads have played a number of different opponents (ok, this is a rehash of the whiterabbit one, but it's important for some squads whether they had to play ZH or British squad.)

5. A lot of squads were counting on a 22 week season or playoffs and may not have always been playing their A-lineup figuring if they lost it they could make it up later.

6. Playoffs are just damn fun and for every 1 person that doesn't want it I bet their are 5 people who do.

7. I know you like soccer, but the overwhelming majority of real sports use playoffs. Hell even my summer league frisbee team runs playoffs. What we do is 20 teams. 16 team playoffs. The top 12 are in. The bottom 8 play for the last 4 spots. Teams are seeding 1-16 and everyone is happy. It's for the exact same reasons as Trench wars should do them. So we can play rookies during the regular season, so key people can miss games because of work/vacation and not have their team want to kill them, so teams can come back from costly injuries, and because it's fun and makes people care because...

8. Without playoffs all the bottom squads will stop caring, and the winner is well... almost certainly the winner of this weeks light/diso match. What's the point of playing the remaining 5 games or whatever is left knowing that the winner is already determined. That's why playoffs are great. Say Light Diso has some major lag in it,, and some flukey plays and Light pulls off a 96-95k victory. Are you going to be content crowning light the champion, if say in 2 weeks a lag limit rule is put in place. Hell no, if say light is really #1 (just using as an example) they'll cruise to the playoffs against their weaker seeded opponents and then perhaps in a rematch vs Diso prove that their 1k win over them wasn't just some lag fluke.

How about this. Say Light just straight out beats Diso in a game with 0 controversy and finishes 11-0 while Diso finishes 10-1. Is Light the champion? Well who knows because Light never had to play the Rabbits and personally I think WhiteRabbits could very well defeat Light if they played. They beat us by a larger margin than Light did (I think)

9. That was a long 8, put some of that in 9.

10. twlj and twld have playoffs, why can't we?

Or a 22 week season, that would work also.
              [/QUOTE

TWLB is a great league and should be ended in a great way. Applying an 11 week system without play-offs would be an insult to the intensity and excitement this league has offered for many. We have to go out in style! Have play-offs we must!
              http://disoblige.be-damned.com/OLD%20WEBSITE/

Comment

Originally posted by pv=nrt
                i am a basing follower. 22 weeks, or playoffs will make it fair. too many teams dropping and getting stuck with unfair disadvantages.
                The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Playoffs? Yes Please!

Playoffs are the best way to go. It is the most exciting part of any competition and truely proves who the true champion is. The top squads will be fighting it out with games that really matter.

The constant rule changes and axing of weeks hurts many squads and makes it very unenjoyable to play the league. Past games which you think won't make a difference all of a sudden change to making a huge impact.

A lot of people have brought this up and I will again. All the top sporting events use some sort of playoff system to determine the champion of a season.

To sum it up, have playoffs! If playoffs are determined to be unfair, then do 22 weeks. Don't just keep it at 11 weeks and that is it. That is unfair to every player and squad that plays in TWLB.

TWL is suppose to be a player run league, at least that is what I heard when it first started. I think you should change the poll on the www.twleagues.org web site to "Should TWLB have playoffs?". Let the players decide for their league. As it is reading this thread I get the impression that most people want playoffs.
                  "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong" -Mahatma Gandhi

-FLaBiN
                  flabin@trenchwars.org

Comment

playoffs or 22 weeks
                    Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

I thought it was decided that the league should be 22 weeks long....
                      "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

Originally posted by Dabram
                        i want playoffs i wanna beat Light at least twice.

-bram
                        I love you dab
                        I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

we beat diso who did not want playoffs and now magically they do

about 3 days ago i spoke to acid in a pub and he said it was his final decision--no playoffs

Comment

We don't want playoffs, we want a 22 week long league. Well, I do anyway.
                            "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

22 weeks!!
                              or playoffs!!

i'd like 22 weeks more tho
                              the league is just started!
                              Sticks and stones may brake my bones,
                              BUT WHIPS AND CHAINS EXCITE ME!!

A friend will bail you outta jail, but a true friend will be sittin right next to ya sayin DAMN THAT WAS FUN!!!!

Comment

I think playoffs would be nice... It will probably be some extra work for the TWL Staff.. but I think they can pull it off.. especially if the other 2 sub-leagues are doing it.

I think it would be a fun and competitive ending to this twlb season.

-Spam
                                Who got the boombeef?

Comment

Working...
                                X