No announcement yet.

TWLB - No Playoffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

simply put we have enough staff on TWLB squads. if they go 11 weeks no playoffs we can organise our OWN playoffs. just seed each team 1 through 12

1 - 12
    3 - 10
    5 - 8
    6 - 7
    4 - 9
    2 - 11

OR we could just repeat the games alreayd played 1 though 11.
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch
      we beat diso who did not want playoffs and now magically they do

That was single most flawed statment I've ever heard.

It should be a 22 weeks league or playoffs (playoffs sound WAY much entertaining and better to me). But I heard Diso was pushing for 1 week basing-tournament after their first win. Not sure how that worked out.

PLayoffs suggestion: pls dont dont putt all games on the same timeslot. I am buying a popcornmaker already.
      Originally posted by Disliked
      However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
      when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch
        we beat diso who did not want playoffs and now magically they do

about 3 days ago i spoke to acid in a pub and he said it was his final decision--no playoffs
        that´s total bs, i said before i wanted playoffs. and u gotta admit that deciding who wins the season by just 5k is a lil bit crappy.

-bram

Comment

very crappy
          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Coming from someone not in TWLB who is waiting for a chance:

Not 22 Weeks please!! Playoffs will work fine and make everyone happy, then we can start TWT or whatever, and base some more looking back on a very exciting playoff weekend or something

I dunno lets just not go 22 weeks that's a long freaking time
            I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dabram

that´s total bs, i said before i wanted playoffs. and u gotta admit that deciding who wins the season by just 5k is a lil bit crappy.

-bram
              Agreed. Of course, it wouldn't be quite as crappy if it was the other way around
              "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

why isn't acid responding to this?

Comment

maybe he is thinking his answer through? Or reconsidering one of the alternatives?
                  Or maybe he isn't reading this thread?
                  To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                  brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

I find it hard to believe that even light, who technically has "nothing to gain" by playoffs does not want playoffs,
                    we spent all this time organizing these teams and waiting for this league to start, and it's to end indecisively and without closure?
                    no way. All the "top" squads (not that they're the only ones who matter) want to do this- whether or not Acid has said that his desicision is "final" is irrelevent- he just needs to know that we all really want it- lobby your squads (even the guys who don't come to these boards) to come throw up support for a post season-
                    An all star game is not a sufficient post season- maybe acid doesn't know but there are all star games all the time in private basing arenas- also, who wants to see good players who aren't used to playing with each other play in one match when we can see organized squads, at the end of a season (logically the peak of each team's team performance) in a championship playoff?

Seriously fellas, I can't believe this isn't as clear to Acid as it is to most of you- DO NOT ACCEPT "final answer".

"Div you're just lobbying for playoffs because you lost two games and you want a second shot at the guys who beat you"

While I can't deny that my conviction is fueled by this- you can see by posts from ages ago that this is where I've been at.

It should be 22 weeks AND post season- certainly one or the other- neither makes this feel like a waste of time- I/WE did not sign up for this to be testers for future seasons- I will gladly give you input on future TWLs at the end of this season, but don't shorten/taint our season because it hasn't gone flawlessly.

Everyone really makes an effort to let acid know your opinion= we get basing playoffs ---
                    Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Rides
                      It should be 22 weeks AND post season- certainly one or the other- neither makes this feel like a waste of time- I/WE did not sign up for this to be testers for future seasons- I will gladly give you input on future TWLs at the end of this season, but don't shorten/taint our season because it hasn't gone flawlessly.
                      22 weeks AND post season would be most excellent indeed. Arriving late to the twlb scene means we--the most feared and deadly but oh so charismatic whiterabbits--missed our chance (assuming the season ends at 11 weeks) to play Light, Shriek and Anti-Scrub.

Although I'm grateful that a newbie squad like us is even in twlb, (though I think it's fairly obvious we should have been included from the start) I think a more complete season would help determine which squads are really the best. In addition, a lengthened season may entice squads like Onix, Vortex, British Squad, and others to polish their basing skills and help increase the level of competitiveness in this league for the end of this season, and seasons to come.

Oh yeah, I'm holding the TWL Trading Cards hostage if we don't get a lengthened season/and or playoffs.

*heart*

Comment

it should be 22 weeks yea.. TWLB is getting more and more interesting.. some squads actually started playing
                        Sticks and stones may brake my bones,
                        BUT WHIPS AND CHAINS EXCITE ME!!

A friend will bail you outta jail, but a true friend will be sittin right next to ya sayin DAMN THAT WAS FUN!!!!

Comment

It really almost feels like this entire thing is futile without some sort of playoffs. I really want to see 22 weeks plus playoffs, but I see some objection to the 22 week season, and I understand the arguments, but I see no arguments against playoffs. this league NEEDS playoffs to be complete, (to the guys in charge): dont do this half-assed plesae, let's do it right.
                          http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

I know I already commented a lot, but really... without playoffs no one cares who wins. Like TWT, the week that ended no one even bothered to look up who finished at top, because there was no exciting playoff to watch to determine the winner.

When you were talking to Mitch in the game about this the only 2 reasons you kept giving was that A. Only Americans want playoffs and you confirmed this by saying B. You talked with Mantra and he doesn't want playoffs.

Ok so 1 guy doesn't want playoffs, just because Mantra is a top baser, he shouldn't speak for all of us.

I know it's some extra work, but the season just isn't complete without a playoff. Plus again the whole Light winning it all without having to play WhiteRabbits bugs me. For the record I think the 22 week season is great, but a bit unfair to those waiting to get in, and according to Acid their are quite a few squads waiting to get in.

Comment

I for one would giggle with delight for 22 weeks + playoffs, but I'm lame and don't get any vacation time while balancing work + finishing my degree.

But seriously, most of us know we're going to be playing every weekend anyhow. Squads who feel they can't make a showing at matches that long either don't belong in the league or need to recruit some new members. If staff thinks it will be a problem to organize, find more help. I know many folks who would be more than willing to help push this league further.

Actually screw 22 weeks. 44 is the way to go! And playoffs!!!

But seriously, both is a long time, but a playoff system seems to be what 99.92349877634% of the TW community wants, and I will personally reward any moderator who makes it so with a limited edition staff card to be included in the TW Trading Cards ( (c) 2002 Whiterabbit Productions).

Comment

Don't upset the people we may riot......

clearly something most be done about this.

people will stand in the twlb arena and shout "Let them play! Let them play!"
                                bad news bears/2002 All-star game style
                                Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Working...
                                X