No announcement yet.

TWLB - No Playoffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread should be at the top of TWLeagues Discussion always until we get what we want
    Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

I dont understand why staff is making such a big deal about having playoffs(by staff i mean acid).

You guys provided tw with an awesome basing season, and you have a chance to make it even better. With these playoffs you'll be able to shut up all your critics, except Ilyag and Annux, but they are fags, so who cares. If you already did an 11 week season, why not just do playoffs. How much more work could it be?

Plz do it, i really wanna play against whiterabbits, i never got the chance to play against them

P.S-excellent job on leagues staff. No matter what anyone says, no one else in TW could have done a better job, or done it at all for that matter.

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
      Asia Minor> maybe not
      Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
      bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
      bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
      bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
      bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

Guys be reasonable, 22 weeks AND playoffs? That's fucking insane, the next TWL season will almost start by the time it's over, and it's really unfair for those who want to play TWT, it should just be like the other leagues, all the league games, and then playoffs.

On another note: No where has Light ever said they didn't want playoffs. Please stop assuming.
        I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Rides
          This thread should be at the top of TWLeagues Discussion always until we get what we want
          Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby
            Guys be reasonable, 22 weeks AND playoffs? That's fucking insane, the next TWL season will almost start by the time it's over, and it's really unfair for those who want to play TWT, it should just be like the other leagues, all the league games, and then playoffs.

On another note: No where has Light ever said they didn't want playoffs. Please stop assuming.

Basically I was saying 22 weeks AND playoffs to make a point that 11 weeks with no playoffs is ridiculous, it's like when you want 50 bucks so you say 100- if they say 25, you say 75- then you compromise at 50 (i learned this sort of street psychology from my boy Pac- west side till i die booooy).

I didn't say Light didn't want playoffs- I said I would be surprised if they didn't want them. You guys happen to be the only squad with nothing to "gain" by playoffs as far as standings go. But I figured the "fun" factor would over ride any instincts to try to avoid playoffs. It seems like the only person who doesn't want playoffs is Acid Twin. And I don't know what exactly brought him to that decision but we all have the power to change his mind- even (and especially) Light.

The TWLB league has a great dynmaic right now, the teams are great, there are tons of good players, and aside from the chaos weeks 4-6- it's been moving really smoothly, we're not asking to drag this thing out another six months and fuck people waiting to get into TWTs- I'm talking about a playoff situation that could be handled in two weekends if we wanted to.

The four obvious ways to go:

*All twelve teams in (ideally this is how it should be- look out whichever big team gets crips opening round):

First Place- bye

Twelth place vs. fifth place

Eight Place vs. Ninth Place

Fourth Place - bye

Third place - bye

Seventh place vs. Tenth Place

Eleventh Place vs. Sixth Place

Second place- bye

*Top 8 teams in (seems like a reasonable and logical number)

First place vs. Eighth place

Fourth place vs. fifth place

Third place vs. sixth place

Second place vs. seventh place

* Top 6 or Top 4 (the very least you can do for us- here especially the playoffs could be done in one or two weekends)

Works like the 12 or 8 team playoff but cut in half respectively

Talk to acid
            talk to myth, lefty, and crome- let them know !!!!!!!!!!!!!

okie dokey baby?

Comment

Why the heck do we not have playoffs yet? This makes little to no sense to me.

Would playoff rounds be a single match like regular twlb games or best 2/3 or something? Yah, just 1 match i suspect, I just didn't want this to seem like one of those strange *bump* posts.

I want playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Rides

Basically I was saying 22 weeks AND playoffs to make a point that 11 weeks with no playoffs is ridiculous, it's like when you want 50 bucks so you say 100- if they say 25, you say 75- then you compromise at 50 (i learned this sort of street psychology from my boy Pac- west side till i die booooy).

I didn't say Light didn't want playoffs- I said I would be surprised if they didn't want them. You guys happen to be the only squad with nothing to "gain" by playoffs as far as standings go. But I figured the "fun" factor would over ride any instincts to try to avoid playoffs. It seems like the only person who doesn't want playoffs is Acid Twin. And I don't know what exactly brought him to that decision but we all have the power to change his mind- even (and especially) Light.

The TWLB league has a great dynmaic right now, the teams are great, there are tons of good players, and aside from the chaos weeks 4-6- it's been moving really smoothly, we're not asking to drag this thing out another six months and fuck people waiting to get into TWTs- I'm talking about a playoff situation that could be handled in two weekends if we wanted to.

The four obvious ways to go:

*All twelve teams in (ideally this is how it should be- look out whichever big team gets crips opening round):

First Place- bye

Twelth place vs. fifth place

Eight Place vs. Ninth Place

Fourth Place - bye

Third place - bye

Seventh place vs. Tenth Place

Eleventh Place vs. Sixth Place

Second place- bye

*Top 8 teams in (seems like a reasonable and logical number)

First place vs. Eighth place

Fourth place vs. fifth place

Third place vs. sixth place

Second place vs. seventh place

* Top 6 or Top 4 (the very least you can do for us- here especially the playoffs could be done in one or two weekends)

Works like the 12 or 8 team playoff but cut in half respectively

Talk to acid
                talk to myth, lefty, and crome- let them know !!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Great Idea, notice I said "guys" for future reference

Although I think the traditional NFL system would work best. (Just take out the conference BS since our basing league is top, and add more teams)
                THERE IS one thing wrong with your system.. I mean think about it, if you're going to have ALL 12 teams, then why even have leagues matches until playoffs? Sounds Pretty Silly to me. It should be at least top 8, or at the VERY least top 10.
                I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby

if you're going to have ALL 12 teams, then why even have leagues matches until playoffs?
                  To include those mother bitches who got stuck with a bad rec. :/ Like Brits and Onix.
                  1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
                  1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
                  1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
                  1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

there was SO much talk about "this is all just to seed the playoffs"-
                    we could have the first and second round in one weekend-
                    somebody else with power pick this up if acid twin isn't going to

okie dokey baby?

Comment

I agree playoffs of some sort. I suggest TOP 4 double elimination tournament. Last match loser must win twice.

This would result in taking up 3 days if done correctly.

DAY1
                      1 play 2 && 3 play 4 @ same time (MATCH 1/2)
                      winner play winner right after M1/2 (MATCH 3 - M3)
                      loser play loser right after M1/2 (MATCH 4 - M4)

DAY2
                      Winner of M4 vs loser of M3 (MATCH 5)
                      Winner of M5 vs winner of M3 (MATCH 6)

If winner of M3 loses they play again on DAY3, winner of that wins

If winner of M3 wins the playoffs are over.
                      TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
                      TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
                      TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

The people have spoken.
                        Clearly the large majority of people have been asking nicely and kindly to play whiterabbits more often. And if that means extending the season to 22 weeks or playoffs, then by god thats what people should get. is twl-b somehow less important than twl-d or twl-j. Heck no, those leagues don't even have rabbits in them! The least we can do for people in those leagues is provide match's where they can watch rabbits in action.

Comment

All I know is...

League in the summer? NEVER AGAIN
                          'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                          sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

I think it should be top 6 atleast, so whiterabbits get included. They deserve to be in the playoffs and they should get a top 6 finish by the end of this season, but I don't think they'd be able to get a top 4 finish.

Comment

Just adding my voice to the huge majority of people who WANT PLAYOFFS, but seem to be ignored. Why, Acid, why? Who's in favor of an 11 week season with no playoffs? Even Light wants playoffs, and they're sitting atop the rankings right now. Playoffs are fun, dammit.
                              The downside of being better than
                              everyone else is that people tend to
                              assume you're pretentious. -
                              www.despair.com

Comment

I so agree. Playoffs give the season a decent end... u know.. something that clears things up.. a season without playoffs is like s.. well.. u know.. i cant say that when there r children reading =P
                                but.. u get the point

Comment

Working...
                                X