Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bachelor's Degree: Computer Science or Computer Engineering, which to choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual major's are the smartest way to go. I got both my engineering degree (mastered), and my computer science degree, which I know I can fall back on, just in case something happens. One thing though, god it was a lot of f'in work. Though the parties in college made up for it $$

On Second note: Annux, I sent IlyaZ or whatever my Gallery pics.. when are they to be posted? :/

Edit: NM, I just looked it's there $$
    Last edited by Ruby; 07-24-2002, 03:25 AM.
    I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

I'm also going for a dual major in Political Science and Philosophy.

What college Ruby?

Comment

I don't think I've ever talked to you once in game. Just based on your posts... you kinda scare me.

Comment

Originally posted by Annux
          I'm also going for a dual major in Political Science and Philosophy.

What college Ruby?
          UW (University of Washington)

GO HUSKIES! AND MORRIS, EVEN THOU SPIDERMAN KILLED HIM WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby

UW (University of Washington)

GO HUSKIES! AND MORRIS, EVEN THOU SPIDERMAN KILLED HIM WTF!
            liez
            i don't kill...i just found morreez dead when i arrived at the scene of the crime... must have been the dark forces of evil...

Comment

Ohh... America is weird... in Canada, engineering is a completely separate stream. There is no double majoring with Engineering, because it is a completely different faculty. If you want to pick engineering in Canada, you have to start 1st year, don't get to pick it after 2 years like how Annux says.

Anyway, computer engineering and computer science are two completely different things. If you really do like circuits, and you want to have a job like working to design complex circuits, semiconductors and electronics, then computer engineering is for you. If you like programming more, then CS is for you. CS will teach you all the math necessary to be a good programmer (and not just someone who knows VB at Devry).

But if your ambition is to build things, then do engineering... If you plan on doing programming though, don't bother doing engineering because that really won't help you out that much more in terms of getting a better/higher paying job.

-Epi
              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
              www.animeslice.com

Comment

actually Epi, you are wrong. It is hard to get permission to do both a BSC/BENG at the same time but possible. All you need to prove is that you are a good student that is capable (ie GPA close to 4.0). last semester I got permission to do a degree in Mathematics (BSc) as well as a BENG in Electrical engineering (i think it takes 1 extra year).

i took and engineering summer course and found out engineering sucks ass and so im just taking math, but it is possible to do both if you are a good enough student. Both Deans of both depts have to sign a waiver for u and its done.

Comment

Devry can L-M-Balls

Comment

Originally posted by Seize
                    actually Epi, you are wrong. It is hard to get permission to do both a BSC/BENG at the same time but possible. All you need to prove is that you are a good student that is capable (ie GPA close to 4.0). last semester I got permission to do a degree in Mathematics (BSc) as well as a BENG in Electrical engineering (i think it takes 1 extra year).

i took and engineering summer course and found out engineering sucks ass and so im just taking math, but it is possible to do both if you are a good enough student. Both Deans of both depts have to sign a waiver for u and its done.
                    What school do you go to?

Now that I think about it I think it may be possible, but because Engineering is like 30 hours class/week, and a normal degree is 15-20 hours/week, any normal person would not double major

-Epi
                    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                    www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                      Ohh... America is weird... in Canada, engineering is a completely separate stream. There is no double majoring with Engineering, because it is a completely different faculty. If you want to pick engineering in Canada, you have to start 1st year, don't get to pick it after 2 years like how Annux says.

Anyway, computer engineering and computer science are two completely different things. If you really do like circuits, and you want to have a job like working to design complex circuits, semiconductors and electronics, then computer engineering is for you. If you like programming more, then CS is for you. CS will teach you all the math necessary to be a good programmer (and not just someone who knows VB at Devry).

But if your ambition is to build things, then do engineering... If you plan on doing programming though, don't bother doing engineering because that really won't help you out that much more in terms of getting a better/higher paying job.

-Epi
                      America, the land of opportunity.

-nt-

NUTSACK FOR YOU!
                      <3

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderman

liez
                        i don't kill...i just found morreez dead when i arrived at the scene of the crime... must have been the dark forces of evil...
                        \

LIES, YOU ARE NOT INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY IN TRENCH WARS SONNY, FEEL THE WRATH OF PJ (TW JUDGE), SONNY BOY.

Comment

I'm going to dual major. I've spent the last two days discussing my options with the chairman of the Computer Engineering Department up at RIT, and this seems like the best route to take.

Oh, and Ruby, <3 you too.
                          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Lol nice location jas.
                            EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                            cool koen> :)
                            PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                            cool koen> not because of a bug
                            EvoLd> Lol
                            Treachery> meh
                            EvoLd> why then?
                            PubAceR> women in power dont last
                            EvoLd> LOl
                            toaster oven reviews

Comment

I go to Dalhousie University in Nova Scotia, canada

doing a BSc in math

Comment

Kool I havent got a clue how uni's etc work so I'm not gona comment!
                                EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                                cool koen> :)
                                PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                                cool koen> not because of a bug
                                EvoLd> Lol
                                Treachery> meh
                                EvoLd> why then?
                                PubAceR> women in power dont last
                                EvoLd> LOl
                                toaster oven reviews

Comment

Working...